Season ticket renewal thread ( merged )

bauld willie

Mars plastic

That's not great business practice for a football club.

Unless of course people stop buying season tickets because they can't get to Easter Road.

Why should folk who put their ST money into the club travel away be denied a ticket for our biggest away fixture of the season to accommodate folk who can't be arsed to put the hours in going to the games against diddy clubs home and away?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fabienleclerq

Why should folk who put their ST money into the club travel away be denied a ticket for our biggest away fixture of the season to accommodate folk who can't be arsed to put the hours in going to the games against diddy clubs home and away?

Hibs give us 3800 tickets iirc? Nobody wh travails away regularly would miss out.

Lucille's Thirsty

and they all smell

Correct.

They do have a distinctive whiff about them.

It's that kind of dug shit smell on a hot summers evening when you walk past it.

Ganting.

Totally agree with this. Cut the old firm as we don't get a massive allocation from them, but it would be stupid to deny loyal Hearts fans a trip to Easter Road at the expense of some part time Hearts fans. Also, cutting the allocation makes no difference to the atmosphere really. The product on the pitch and whether we win dictates the atmosphere.

Mars plastic

Hibs give us 3800 tickets iirc? Nobody wh travails away regularly would miss out.

There would be a number of ST holders with a fair amount of points miss out I would think.

Cut the OF tickets by all means but always give Hibs the entire Roseburn. The fair weathers can watch it in the house like they do with all the other games.

IF Hibs cut our allocation.

I doubt there are more than 1500 Hearts fans who fall into your category anyway, which is what our allocation would be cut to roughly.

Those fair weather supporters are part of the reason we need to build this new stand in the first place. Our support is growing, we shouldn't be shutting out potential customers from Tynecastle for the biggest games of the season to accommodate Hibs supporters.

I currently have 57 points but reckon with a trip to Peterhead Kilmarnock and Motherwell I should just about be there or thereabouts come fester.

Mars plastic

IF Hibs cut our allocation.

I doubt there are more than 1500 Hearts fans who fall into your category anyway, which is what our allocation would be cut to roughly.

Those fair weather supporters are part of the reason we need to build this new stand in the first place. Our support is growing, we shouldn't be shutting out potential customers from Tynecastle for the biggest games of the season to accommodate Hibs supporters.

Our support is growing is it? The number of ST's sold this year would suggest otherwise.

Mars plastic

I currently have 57 points but reckon with a trip to Peterhead Kilmarnock and Motherwell I should just about be there or thereabouts come fester.

I'd be buying a ticket for Peterhead if I were you

Yes. Those who have paid for a season ticket and travel away deserve to be at Easter road more than those who only want to come to the big games at Tynie.

Would much rather we sold any available walk ups on derby day to Hearts fans who may come back and be future patrons than to extra Hibs fans who hate us and have no interest in our well being .

Our support is growing is it? The number of ST's sold this year would suggest otherwise.

With 6 or so weeks to go we have sold about 200-300 less ST's so far compared to last year according to the latest conservative estimates. Think we sold about 13700 last year.

We will beat time by the time sales end. Our average attendance will absolutely be higher as well.

Mars plastic

With 6 or so weeks to go we have sold about 200-300 less ST's so far compared to last year according to the latest conservative estimates. Think we sold about 13700 last year.

We will beat time by the time sales end. Our average attendance will absolutely be higher as well.

That hardly underpins your claim that our support is growing.

Your second point is conjecture and will be the case only if the OF receive the entire end.

Mars plastic

Would much rather we sold any available walk ups on derby day to Hearts fans who may come back and be future patrons than to extra Hibs fans who hate us and have no interest in our well being .

Nah, they'll come back for the Hibs game and will be nowhere to e seen when we play Hamilton or Kilmarnock.

Give the end to Hibs and let the fair weathers scramble for the rest.

Nah, they'll come back for the Hibs game and will be nowhere to e seen when we play Hamilton or Kilmarnock.

You seem pretty desperate for Hibs to get the whole Roseburn stand regardless.

Mods: is there potential in starting a fund to buy Roseburn tickets for The Big Hearts re the ugly sisters coming to town?

Whether kids season tickets, or raising enough cash to evidence to the club a desire to keep the uglies to a minimum?

We have raised so much on here before for many good causes...this IMHO would justify such efforts...

It could be a trial for the 2 guarenteed ugly sister games....if it works great, if not then at least we have tried...

Raise as much as possible to keep them to a minimum... :)

I would happily part with 30 quid just now to start it off....

We need to encourage our own younger fans and develop for the future whilst restricting the uglies...its a win win situation :)

:)

Hackney Hearts

That hardly underpins your claim that our support is growing.

There is a theory that some people are not bothering with a ST as they think a larger stadium will mean they can rely on walk-up tickets and won't miss out. It still looks like we'll sell more STs than last year. I haven't bought mine yet - but I will soon.

Mars plastic

You seem pretty desperate for Hibs to get the whole Roseburn stand regardless.

On the contrary, I'd say I'm more interested in as many of our own fans being at ER as it's by far the best away trip of the season.

I'd be buying a ticket for Peterhead if I were you

Think you should read my post again I fully intend to be going up to Peterhead on Tuesday night.

Clerry Jambo

Mods: is there potential in starting a fund to buy Roseburn tickets for The Big Hearts re the ugly sisters coming to town?

Whether kids season tickets, or raising enough cash to evidence to the club a desire to keep the uglies to a minimum?

We have raised so much on here before for many good causes...this IMHO would justify such efforts...

It could be a trial for the 2 guarenteed ugly sister games....if it works great, if not then at least we have tried...

Raise as much as possible to keep them to a minimum... :)

I would happily part with 30 quid just now to start it off....

We need to encourage our own younger fans and develop for the future whilst restricting the uglies...its a win win situation :)

:)

That's a great idea mate, pity it wasn't mentioned earlier

That's a great idea mate, pity it wasn't mentioned earlier

Its never too late...

Even if you go worst case scenerio and there wasnt a great deal raised it could still go to Big Hearts for kids to get tickets for games and put more Jambo bums on seats...

I think every Jambo worth their salt wants to restrict the uglies, my heart sinks watching the Roseburn full of absolute cretins when they come to town...

I know we as supporters pay through the nose to support the club more than most but there will be a few who can afford a wee but more to develop our own support whilst cutting the numbers of the uglies thrown in for good measure...

Surely starting a fund and raising 'X' amount for more Jambos to support our club is a no brainer???

Mars plastic

Think you should read my post again I fully intend to be going up to Peterhead on Tuesday night.

Should have gone to Specsavers. :)

The tramps wouldn't cut our allocation. There's no danger Petrie would have a couple of thousand seats lying empty.

Fill half the Roseburn with our own fans, **** giving anyone, especially them, a sporting advantage!

Lucille's Thirsty

I hate those people that moan about not getting a ticket for the bigger games but are nowhere to be seen at the type of games you've mentioned.

Fair weather fans GTF.

davemclaren

I hate those people that moan about not getting a ticket for the bigger games but are nowhere to be seen at the type of games you've mentioned.

Fair weather fans GTF.

That's the real world. Every club has them and the trick is to maximise their contribution to the club.

scott herbertson

There would be a number of ST holders with a fair amount of points miss out I would think.

Cut the OF tickets by all means but always give Hibs the entire Roseburn. The fair weathers can watch it in the house like they do with all the other games.

That's where I am at and I have been a Roseburn ST for several years. As such I was always aware I might miss some big games but that's my choice.

It would great to keep the OF to two sections if we can afford to. 500 more STs sold/ good start to the season and we could be there. I certainly think we shoul sell for the other three stands plus allocate them two Riseburn sections initially and publicise that we will restrict them to two sections and sell the other three to Hearts fans if we can sell re rest of the stadium quickly

We should big this up as a rallying call in the run up to public sales

Lucille's Thirsty

I would love to restrict visiting supporters to two sections but then you have to take into account that segregation will mean loss of seats which I don't like,if there could be such a way of keeping segregation with all the seats available.

The tramps wouldn't cut our allocation. There's no danger Petrie would have a couple of thousand seats lying empty.

Fill half the Roseburn with our own fans, **** giving anyone, especially them, a sporting advantage!

This.

MacDonald Jardine

Not even close unfortunately. We averaged just over 16,000 and that includes 6 games against OF and Hibs where they had 8,000-10,000 away fans.

I would hazard a guess that the Clydebank match (which could have been the match which won the league) was our only 20k+ purely home support in the league since the early 70s. We were still 7,000 short of capacity that day.

If we average 18k+ this season it will be our biggest average at Tynie in more than 50 years.

EDIT

Sorry - just read umpteen replied on same subject from fellow crowd nerds. I have a spreadsheet with every scottish teams' average crowds since about 1900.

The Clydebank game didn't get 20,000.

I remember being disappointed given we could have won the league that day.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Clydebank game didn't get 20,000.

I remember being disappointed given we could have won the league that day.

You're correct we didn't get 20,000, we got 20,198.

MacDonald Jardine

You're correct we didn't get 20,000, we got 20,198.

Did we?

I had 19700 in my head for some reason.

Did we?

I had 19700 in my head for some reason.

According to London Hearts we did although I must admit I thought it was 19,000 odd as well. It was 31 years ago to be fair to us!

Think you just answered your own question there! All visiting teams/fans say Tynecastle is intimidating because of the steepness (and proximity) of the stands, the boxed in nature of the stadium. Now, instead of having that on 3 sides, we will have it on all 4 sides. With the biggest stand of all completing the effect.

Exactly my point, when you see the new stand from inside and from afar it will be very special when full at big games. I want as much advantage for us as possible

I dont know why but I always thought there was 18.5k at the Clydebank game and it sure it was a Sunday game maybe live on the telly..father time eh

I dont know why but I always thought there was 18.5k at the Clydebank game and it sure it was a Sunday game maybe live on the telly..father time eh

No live tv. Dispute leading to blackout between Game 6 and Game 32 ended with first ever live league game the week before Sunday Hearts 1 Aberdeen 1.

Mars plastic

No live tv. Dispute leading to blackout between Game 6 and Game 32 ended with first ever live league game the week before Sunday Hearts 1 Aberdeen 1.

They were awarded a right dubious penalty which Henry almost got his hand to after the ref judged that ian Jardine had handled it.

Mars plastic

1986-04-26-06.jpg

There's an interesting bit in that other story that Levein had to pull out of the Scotland squad due to injury. I take it that's the injury that stopped him from playing at Dens and not the myth that he shat it from playing in the final game?

There's an interesting bit in that other story that Levein had to pull out of the Scotland squad due to injury. I take it that's the injury that stopped him from playing at Dens and not the myth that he shat it from playing in the final game?

Levein had man flu and never travelled with the team to Dundee not an injury. Several other players also had flu and Hearts requested that the game be postponed due to the number of players suffering and not fit but our beloved SFA told us to get on with it

Buffalo Bill

Our average crowds next season could be around 17,500 - 18,000 mark, or put it another way: a 50-year high. 

Our average crowds next season could be around 17,500 - 18,000 mark, or put it another way: a 50-year high.

A factual reply like that will make no odds when someone is determined do down our support.

Can't understand these folk unless the answer is obvious of course.

Buffalo Bill

Fag packet sums, but if we get 19,500 crowds for Cat A games, and 16,500 for Cat Bs, we'll average 17,500 this season.

Lucille's Thirsty

Fag packet sums, but if we get 19,500 crowds for Cat A games, and 16,500 for Cat Bs, we'll average 17,500 this season.

19,500 is underwhelming I always hoped we'd get over 20K.

I suppose we're growing at a steady pace.

Buffalo Bill

19,500 is underwhelming I always hoped we'd get over 20K.

I suppose we're growing at a steady pace.

Some of those games might be closer to 20,000, depends if Cat A teams get the entire Roseburn for starters. 19,500 is a conservative estimate.

Mars plastic

A factual reply like that will make no odds when someone is determined do down our support.

Can't understand these folk unless the answer is obvious of course.

A 'factual' reply that's based on pure supposition whilst you conpletely ignore the fact mines is based on confirmed numbers. You're wired to the moon, pal.

Mars plastic

Our average crowds next season could be around 17,500 - 18,000 mark, or put it another way: a 50-year high.

Again, Like the other poster I quoted, that's pure conjecture.

Buffalo Bill

Fag packet sums, but if we get 19,500 crowds for Cat A games, and 16,500 for Cat Bs, we'll average 17,500 this season.

What do you think the average crowds will be for Cat A and Cat B games then?

I thought my estimates were very reasonable considering we've hardly had a crowd under 16,000 in the last two seasons.

scott herbertson

It's conjecture to say our support isn't growing based on season ticket sales, is it not?

Mars plastic

What do you think the average crowds will be for Cat A and Cat B games then?

I thought my estimates were very reasonable.

Impossible to say as we don't know if the club will be giving the entire stand to hibs and the old firm.

If we get off to a stinker then that will obviously have an adverse effect on the fair weathers that only want to come when the team is winning. I think season ticket sales are an accurate barometer of what Cat B crowds will be next season,

Ferryjambo99

Just because season ticket sales haven't increased between last season and this doesn't mean the fanbase isn't growing. They went up in the championship season, up the next season and up the season after. They still may well go up again this season

Archived