Season ticket renewal thread ( merged )

bauld willie

been here before

Likelihood is it's already been asked but Ive bought my boy his first season ticket this year. He'll probably not make every game so what would the brief be about letting my mate use it rather than the seat going spare?

I'd have to upgrade it to an adult one on those occasions.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see what you are saying but there are some problems with it

Say we give rangers and celtic two sections - we lose half a section for the segregation. If we could sell out the other three stands we are losing income because the OF would sell the whole 3400 Roseburn seats not 340 minus the segregation. I think if we can sell out the other stands early on, then it is worth the loss on the segregated area, but I am not sure the club, who need to look after our finances, would agree.

I'm not sure, the club could have kept the Roseburn as the away stand before if they were purely concerned about earning as much as possible from every game. Can you imagine the angry emails Ann would get from fans if there were only 600 tickets going on general sale for Hearts fans for category A matches?!

I think the club will consider the fact that the fans have contributed a lot, not just financially, in the last year or so and it would maybe be a little discourteous if they didn't then let as many fans as possible get in to see the club in its biggest matches and gave that extra capacity to away fans instead.

Likelihood is it's already been asked but Ive bought my boy his first season ticket this year. He'll probably not make every game so what would the brief be about letting my mate use it rather than the seat going spare?

I'd have to upgrade it to an adult one on those occasions.

It's pretty straightforward. You go into the ticket office with his card and just say you'd like to upgrade it to an adult ticket for the game in question. They'll issue you with a paper ticket for the game and charge you difference - probably about ?12 each time you do the upgrade. 

been here before

It's pretty straightforward. You go into the ticket office with his card and just say you'd like to upgrade it to an adult ticket for the game in question. They'll issue you with a paper ticket for the game and charge you difference - probably about ?12 each time you do the upgrade.

Nice one.

Online would be so much easier though!

Nice one.

It's bound to be an option in the not-too-distant future I would think.

I'm not sure, the club could have kept the Roseburn as the away stand before if they were purely concerned about earning as much as possible from every game. Can you imagine the angry emails Ann would get from fans if there were only 600 tickets going on general sale for Hearts fans for category A matches?!

I think the club will consider the fact that the fans have contributed a lot, not just financially, in the last year or so and it would maybe be a little discourteous if they didn't then let as many fans as possible get in to see the club in its biggest matches and gave that extra capacity to away fans instead.

I would like to think the club were considering this but my gut feeling is that, bar a big spike in sales, the whole Roseburn will be away fans for A games.

Now, we all have an opinion on this and mine is that a risk should be taken by the club and restrict the old firm to two sections. A gesture of trust if you will, to allow the home support to grow and fill those seats.

Will that happen ? I very much doubt it as sales will not increase by much now I reckon.

I can see the club's reasoning...more income equals more money to spend but I feel we have went above and beyond the last few years and to see a full away end will stick in my craw a wee bit if i'm honest.

Up to the team to change this of course !

What?

That was meant to say hospitality and disabled / career seats.

Obviously didn't read over what I'd written before posting!

Please , on no account give the OF any more than 2 sections.It would be a huge backward step imo.

Allowayjambo1874

I'd tolerate the OF having three sections of the Roseburn this season if worst comes to worst

Though not impossible to change the internal metal shutters in the concourse don't go far enough along to make this viable, away fans in a full section k would need to double back along the walkway to exit. Possibly not allowed?

Numbers wise giving them three sections may be best solution but practicality wise probably means it's a non starter.

johnking123

We have to make as much money as possible. If we are not selling it out. Then let them have all of the roseburn.

Nice one.

Upgrading An under 13s ticket they will take about ?2.50 off the price of the full adult ticket.

Used to be that they would take the face value child price off (?5/?8) but they changed it 3 or 4 years ago

We have to make as much money as possible. If we are not selling it out. Then let them have all of the roseburn.

Yep, it really is that simple.  If Hearts fans don't buy up the seats, then we'd be crazy not to sell them to the fans of other clubs who will buy them.  Empty seats are lost revenue.  If we want to be able to buy better players, or to offer existing players better contracts, we need to maximise income.  We can't afford to be precious about who sits on seats that our own support aren't buying.  What part of that do folk not get?

jambo-in-furness

If you think I've been donating to the FOH to build a bigger better stadium for away fans then think again.

It might take time for Hearts fans to grow into our new sized stadium but that's time they should be given, if we can afford to build and refurbish Tynecastle on 16000 gates, then we can afford a few empty seats in a bigger stadium.

For a wee while at least.

jambo-in-furness

Yep, it really is that simple.  If Hearts fans don't buy up the seats, then we'd be crazy not to sell them to the fans of other clubs who will buy them.  Empty seats are lost revenue.  If we want to be able to buy better players, or to offer existing players better contracts, we need to maximise income.  We can't afford to be precious about who sits on seats that our own support aren't buying.  What part of that do folk not get?

You do realise that many Hearts fans are disinclined to witness the erse cheeks religious repertoire when it's in full flow in a Roseburn stand full of weegies.

sandylejambo

we have almost 3000 more seats this season than we did last, it's asking a lot to find that many new fans between last and this season, especially after the end to the season we just had. perhaps in time

You do realise that many Hearts fans are disinclined to witness the erse cheeks religious repertoire when it's in full flow in a Roseburn stand full of weegies.

What does that have to do with my post?  I'm talking about maximising revenue.  The only thing that will limit Roseburn allocation is for Hearts supporters to buy up season tickets.  If that doesn't happen, we need to turn to the next group of customers, who are away fans.

johnking123

If you think I've been donating to the FOH to build a bigger better stadium for away fans then think again.

It might take time for Hearts fans to grow into our new sized stadium but that's time they should be given, if we can afford to build and refurbish Tynecastle on 16000 gates, then we can afford a few empty seats in a bigger stadium.

For a wee while at least.

You are talking around 300 thousand pounds. That's a couple of wages on players. Or one marquee signing

Bazzas right boot

Give them 3 sections.

Shouldn't give them the whole stand.

Hibs, don't really care, although it would be shite to start a tit for tat scenerio, although selfishly I'm unlikely to get a ticket for ER, so **** them too.

jambo-in-furness

What does that have to do with my post?  I'm talking about maximising revenue.  The only thing that will limit Roseburn allocation is for Hearts supporters to buy up season tickets.  If that doesn't happen, we need to turn to the next group of customers, who are away fans.

Do you think the 8000 who donate to FOH are doing this so more of the erse cheeks can see their team at our stadium.

Tynecastle is being upgraded for Hearts fans, and it's Hearts fans that are financing it. Keep the scum away.

Spot On

Do you think the 8000 who donate to FOH are doing this so more of the erse cheeks can see their team at our stadium.

Tynecastle is being upgraded for Hearts fans, and it's Hearts fans that are financing it. Keep the scum away.

You're all over the place.  As one of the 8,000, I'm well aware that the purpose of FoH has never been to minimise the away support of any club.  The purpose of FoH is to buy Ann Budge's shares and to put the club into fan ownership.  Nothing to do with Rangers or Celtic supporters or whoever else.

Tynecastle is being upgraded and if there's a demand from Hearts fans for a sufficient number of seats, away fan allocation will be kept to a minimum.  If not, we sell seats to away fans. 

Italian Lambretta

Aye the very same ******s that spend all their time posting on KB and never buy season tickets.

Mind punters coming on here saying a 20,000 stadium wasn't big enough :rolleyes2:

Agree with H.

If we give them two sections and we still have empty seats in other sections of the ground then it's pointless.

OmiyaHearts

So you want FOH contributions to cover the lost revenue due to reduced away allocation? 

Doesn't seem logical to me. Especially with the increased number of seats available.

I would like to think the club were considering this but my gut feeling is that, bar a big spike in sales, the whole Roseburn will be away fans for A games.

Now, we all have an opinion on this and mine is that a risk should be taken by the club and restrict the old firm to two sections. A gesture of trust if you will, to allow the home support to grow and fill those seats.

Will that happen ? I very much doubt it as sales will not increase by much now I reckon.

I can see the club's reasoning...more income equals more money to spend but I feel we have went above and beyond the last few years and to see a full away end will stick in my craw a wee bit if i'm honest.

Up to the team to change this of course !

I think it's less about season tickets now and more about the appetite of casual fans for buying individual match tickets. It's really up to them to sell out (or very close to) the Aberdeen and Partick matches and that's really the only way they give themselves a decent chance of getting a match ticket for the big games, by giving the club a reason to keep the Roseburn for our own fans.

The season ticket holders have largely played our part by purchasing in similar numbers to last season; if the walk ups do what they did last season and buy up everything that remains then we'll be grand. I don't think 2,500 walk ups is a huge ask, especially for the category A matches, but as you say, it'll depend on the team's early form as well.

You're all over the place. As one of the 8,000, I'm well aware that the purpose of FoH has never been to minimise the away support of any club. The purpose of FoH is to buy Ann Budge's shares and to put the club into fan ownership. Nothing to do with Rangers or Celtic supporters or whoever else.

Tynecastle is being upgraded and if there's a demand from Hearts fans for a sufficient number of seats, away fan allocation will be kept to a minimum. If not, we sell seats to away fans.

I really can't argue with the simple economics in your post. In a strictly financial context, you're correct, every step of the way.

It may seem naive but I think, with a decent playing side of things, we could grow our support to fill those seats. The club are right, of course, to gauge that demand on STs sold but there is a walk up potential to fill most seats if we are doing well.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking but the two section away support did make a difference imo. I do " get it " but it's still disappointing.

The only good thing is the club saying they will re-visit this issue as and when they need to so there is still hope.

Ferryjambo99

When old firm games come round we could surely treat it on a game by game basis. Originally give them 2 sections and only sell hearts tickets in the 3 other stands, if walk up sales aren't high enough then other them the other 3 sections

johnking123

Being very quiet on the signings is not helped. Couple of new players before pay day will help shift more season tickets. Still think we will hit 14000.

Being very quiet on the signings is not helped. Couple of new players before pay day will help shift more season tickets. Still think we will hit 14000.

Roseburn for Hibs, Rangers and Celtic gives aroumd 2,000 for walk ups which seems plenty

Francis Albert

When old firm games come round we could surely treat it on a game by game basis. Originally give them 2 sections and only sell hearts tickets in the 3 other stands, if walk up sales aren't high enough then other them the other 3 sections

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Francis Albert

You're all over the place.  As one of the 8,000, I'm well aware that the purpose of FoH has never been to minimise the away support of any club.  The purpose of FoH is to buy Ann Budge's shares and to put the club into fan ownership.  Nothing to do with Rangers or Celtic supporters or whoever else.

Tynecastle is being upgraded and if there's a demand from Hearts fans for a sufficient number of seats, away fan allocation will be kept to a minimum.  If not, we sell seats to away fans. 

About twice as much FoH money is being spent on the stadium upgrade as on the original FoH purpose. While I agree with you about selling to away fans if there isn't sufficient demand from Hearts fans it will still be disappointing if half or more of the increased capacity goes to away fans,

Francis Albert

Mind punters coming on here saying a 20,000 stadium wasn't big enough :rolleyes2:

Maybe a little early to judge?

johnking123

It's about steady progression. We have a good season and next year add to the season ticket tally. Hopefully in a few more season's, we will have a new problem. Selling put 90% of the stadium and thinking of increasing the wheatfield stand.

What does that have to do with my post? I'm talking about maximising revenue. The only thing that will limit Roseburn allocation is for Hearts supporters to buy up season tickets. If that doesn't happen, we need to turn to the next group of customers, who are away fans.

Doesn't have to be STs.

Why not make the decision a fortnight before the games in question.

Wait and see how sales are going.

I don't give a toss about what arrangements OF clubs need to make they can sell the tickets when we decide to give them.

Footballfirst

Slow progress over the last 24 hours, 11 sold today. 2,282 seats left.  Est sales 13,240.

About twice as much FoH money is being spent on the stadium upgrade as on the original FoH purpose. While I agree with you about selling to away fans if there isn't sufficient demand from Hearts fans it will still be disappointing if half or more of the increased capacity goes to away fans,

Agree it would be disappointing not to fill the seats ourselves but leaving them empty wouldn't make sense.

Francis Albert

Agree it would be disappointing not to fill the seats ourselves but leaving them empty wouldn't make sense.

Not arguing with that. But to me it makes sense to get a better idea of how many we can sell for the Cat A games including walk ups/single game ticket sales before prematurely giving up sections to away fans. And to make a serious effort at marketing those tickets.

Not arguing with that. But to me it makes sense to get a better idea of how many we can sell for the Cat A games including walk ups/single game ticket sales before prematurely giving up sections to away fans. And to make a serious effort at marketing those tickets.

Agree with this. Rangers is our 4th home game so makes sense to get all 4 games on sale ASAP and hopefully our fans will do what needs to be done in terms of quickly selling out the remaining home areas so that the club releases the Roseburn for us as well.

Allowayjambo1874

Doesn't have to be STs.

Why not make the decision a fortnight before the games in question.

Wait and see how sales are going.

I don't give a toss about what arrangements OF clubs need to make they can sell the tickets when we decide to give them.

I'm not sure if it has changed but when the OF decided to charge clubs 5% for 'admin charges ' for selling tickets for away games we were one of the few to tell them to go **** themselves and sold tickets directly to their fans.

Unsure if still the case, if it is two weeks to sell the tickets may come back to haunt us from a distribution perspective.

What does that have to do with my post? I'm talking about maximising revenue. The only thing that will limit Roseburn allocation is for Hearts supporters to buy up season tickets. If that doesn't happen, we need to turn to the next group of customers, who are away fans.

No, the next group of customers are walk-up Hearts fans.

Francis Albert

I'm not sure if it has changed but when the OF decided to charge clubs 5% for 'admin charges ' for selling tickets for away games we were one of the few to tell them to go **** themselves and sold tickets directly to their fans.

Unsure if still the case, if it is two weeks to sell the tickets may come back to haunt us from a distribution perspective.

I know the Royal Mail is not what it was but would two weeks really be a problem in terms of distribution?

No, the next group of customers are walk-up Hearts fans.

Fair enough point, but more difficult for the club to base predictions on.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

It's taken many years to keep those bigots out.Do all of you who want to let these people in again remember what it was like when they used to overrun us in the shed.I very much doubt it.You had to be there,I certainly was.Never again I say !

Mars plastic

It's taken many years to keep those bigots out.Do all of you who want to let these people in again remember what it was like when they used to overrun us in the shed.I very much doubt it.You had to be there,I certainly was.Never again I say !

:lol: :lol:

Fair enough point, but more difficult for the club to base predictions on.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Which is precisely why we need to allow as long as possible before making a decision.

I'm of the opinion we can easily sell 18,000 tickets for cat A games.

More than anything though, and I hope it's taken into account, a Roseburn full of tramps, orcs and Tim's is a massive boost for the respective opposition. Giving our team the best possible chance of achieving results and reducing the visiting clubs chances should be a priority over finances, imo.

A successful team on the park goes hand in hand with a successful bank balance.

Archived