Berra

Zibi

Winston Ingram

How can we give Paterson to Ipswich? He's out of contract.

He has a development fee value to us. We could waive that in exchange for a player. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambo 4 Ever

We are obviously relying on Ipswich/the Ipswich owner's goodwill here to let him leave on a free. In a business sense, it would be smarter for them to trigger the extra year meaning we would need to give them Paterson (a matter complicated by the fact CP might not want to go there) or someone else has to buy him. 

I'd still be pretty confident it will be resolved and he'll sign for us. 

Why would Paterson be part of the deal if his contract is up at end of this season - surely he can go where he wants as he is no longer our player?

Winston Ingram

Why would Paterson be part of the deal if his contract is up at end of this season - surely he can go where he wants as he is no longer our player?

But Club X still has to pay us ?450k. Of course he can choose where he goes but that club still needs to pay for him. 

Section Q

Because he wants to go to Ipswich maybe.

Big Bruno

If Rangers are interested I would be surprised if he chose us over them. They have European football next season and can probably pay more wages than us. Their management structure isn't as shambolic as ours either.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Because he wants to go to Ipswich maybe.

Ipswich is ok if you come from Ipswich. Cant imagine it will be his number 1 choice. Maybe Warbs will come in and take several of our players

Livvyjambo

Ipswich is ok if you come from Ipswich. Cant imagine it will be his number 1 choice. Maybe Warbs will come in and take several of our players

Bit strange . Ipswich is a cracking place, certainly nicer than Nottingham

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Doesn't seem to fit the kind of player Rangers have been linked with so far. Think this signing could already be in motion for us. Would be a fantastic addition.

Hearts_91

Great addition if we get him, him Hughes and Souttar next season should help sort out the defence

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bit strange . Ipswich is a cracking place, certainly nicer than Nottingham

Location. Nottingham is not bad.

hmfc_liam06

I'd be delighted with a central defensive pairing of Hughes and Berra.

Or if he sticks with three at the back, putting Souttar in between them. Souttar will have so much to gain from the both of them.

Elias Henry Furst

Be shocked if this never happened.

I remember the poster on here who had been sent a text message by Berra in January saying he knew nothing about a move to Hearts. Thinking about it now, with what we know about the option that was in the contract, Christophe couldn't let anything out of the bag. He's a professional and was behaving like one.

He wants to come back to Edinburgh. He's a Hearts supporter. The club knows they need to sign a few players of his ilk and fast.

As I say, shocked if it doesn't happen.

I also know of a guy who knows Steven Whittakers dad. 2 clubs in Scotland have approached him. Rangers and......Hearts. All things being equal, you'd assume Rangers would be favourites but apparently there is some ill feeling over the way he was treated upon leaving Ibrox when they were liquidated. We'll see.

Clerry Jambo

Be shocked if this never happened.

I remember the poster on here who had been sent a text message by Berra in January saying he knew nothing about a move to Hearts. Thinking about it now, with what we know about the option that was in the contract, Christophe couldn't let anything out of the bag. He's a professional and was behaving like one.

He wants to come back to Edinburgh. He's a Hearts supporter. The club knows they need to sign a few players of his ilk and fast.

As I say, shocked if it doesn't happen.

I also know of a guy who knows Steven Whittakers dad. 2 clubs in Scotland have approached him. Rangers and......Hearts. All things being equal, you'd assume Rangers would be favourites but apparently there is some ill feeling over the way he was treated upon leaving Ibrox when they were liquidated. We'll see.

Berra and Whittaker are exactly the type of players we should be looking at and signing!

hmfc_liam06

:lol:

Nah, just going with the standard contract these days.

Signing him up will do for me.

I actually wouldn't mind a 3 year deal for him. He's 32? Nothing for a CB....just look at Hughes :lol:

Rangers bound.

source?

Rangers signing policy these days tends to be: See who Hearts want and offer them double the money. 

Berra and Whittaker are exactly the type of players we should be looking at and signing!

Isn't Whittaker a Jambo?

KineticBeat

Would love it if he came here. 

A back two of Berra and Soutar or a back three of Berra Soutar Hughes would be great for next season. If Soutar doesn't become a player he can't blame Hearts for not helping him enough as those are two good experienced guys to be learning from. 

Rangers will no doubt offer him about double the money we can so it is no way a done deal. 

This would provide a sorely needed piece of good news if we can make it happen.

It'd be even better if he emerged from Tynie with a scarf over his head while chasing a gaggle of imposters out of our club !  :buttkick:

Would love it if he came here.

A back two of Berra and Soutar or a back three of Berra Soutar Hughes would be great for next season. If Soutar doesn't become a player he can't blame Hearts for not helping him enough as those are two good experienced guys to be learning from.

Rangers will no doubt offer him about double the money we can so it is no way a done deal.

Tbf if he was concerned about money he would have stayed down south

Isn't Whittaker a Jambo?

aye, or was at one time......a former workmate of mine from Gorebridge(where SWs from) knows his family.

Up til a few years ago his sister(s) were season ticket holders at Tynecastle. May well still be.

Hopefully Berra news coming from the club soon

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

soonbe110

Virtually a done deal re Berra coming back. Not sure re Paterson the other way though. Think he is/was Cardiff bound.

Good source but stays anonymous on here.

aye, or was at one time......a former workmate of mine from Gorebridge(where SWs from) knows his family.

Up til a few years ago his sister(s) were season ticket holders at Tynecastle. May well still be.

Would be a fantastic signing if we pulled that off

We_are_the_Hearts

This is close to be done but not over the line yet.

What's causing the hold up mate?

Notts1874

What's causing the hold up mate?

Only length of contract. Those pesky shree year deals!

Berra and Whittaker being announced ASAP would bring in some end of season cheer.

Yip.

Alva-Jambo

His daughter in Edinburgh... wants to be close to her, though not sufficient reason to aquire him.. at least he is a Hearts guy.. well, he was... ??

DarthVodka

Berra is a hearts guy, this is where he wants to be.  Its just down to contract now apparently, but its looking close

King Of The Cat Cafe

Berra is a hearts guy, this is where he wants to be.  Its just down to contract now apparently, but its looking close

I read some stuff on here the other day and the same stuff again today.

It was like deja vu all over again.

Notts1874

We have offered him two years and he is asking for three. Wages not an issue so I expect this will happen.

We_are_the_Hearts

We have offered him two years and he is asking for three. Wages not an issue so I expect this will happen.

Cheers for the info mate

Jambo 4 Ever

Surely we should give him a 3 year deal - especially since we offer the likes of Martin and Oshiwana that length.... this guy actually knows what it means to play for Hearts - and WANTS to play for us... should be a no-brainer!

Archived