Berra

Zibi

rudi must stay

I'd expect him to sign for Rangers in honesty, the only club outwith Celtic who could get close to his wages.

Obviously hope I am wrong as I think he'd be an excellent signing. Brings the experience that Souttar needs, whilst still being at a decent age.

You would say the same about Tziolis though. Fair play to the board, they're really backing Ian Cathro right now

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fraggle1990

Nah.  Can't agree.  He's quick, solid and excellent in the air with plenty still to offer.

I'm not getting my hopes up but if we could get him it would be massive.

He's quick?

Are you winding me up?

He's quick?

Are you winding me up?

His manager thinks he's quick and I think he may have seen him a tad more than you recently.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

His manager thinks he's quick and I think he may have seen him a tad more than you recently.

He also believes he is still a very good defender.

Tynecastlesmychurch

I think it's clear from everything that's been said that he wants to come back up to Scotland. The main reason because he wants to be closer to his daughter. I've heard his wages aren't exactly out of our reach around 7k. I reckon we'd probably offer him something like 4k? Obviously a drop yeah but it's not like he's going from 50k a week to 4k week. Its Ipswich he's at not Manchester United!

Selkirk_Jambo

He is quick. Not the greatest acceleration but, when he gets going, he is fairly rapid.

I can't see a downside for either party. Would be our best defender and he would be settled back with his family. Win win

He's quick?

Are you winding me up?

I've seen milk turn quicker.

His patter might be good.

Bazzas right boot

Hughes another year, Berra to replace him in a year, Hughes as coach.

My prediction.

Nae use next season tho.

I'm sticking with this.

Bazzas right boot

His patter might be good.

It is, but his pitter needs work.

I think folk are taking the lazy approach in linking him to the huns. There is zero evidence he will sign for them. That caixiha or whatever the **** his name is has said he wants players he knows. More than likely mean Portuguese players

Mister Dee

I would hate it if he went to Rangers over us.

It would be a real coup if he does sign for the famous.

We played a back 3 last Saturday so keeping Highes won't rule out Berra signing.

Berra Hughes Souttar as a back 3 next season?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We played a back 3 last Saturday so keeping Highes won't rule out Berra signing.

Berra Hughes Souttar as a back 3 next season?

Hughes might be the option to play a 3 other days it may be a 4.

Opshuns

i wish jj was my dad

He's quick?

Are you winding me up?

You don't think he's quick? He's not the fastest at turning but by christ he can shift in a sprint. I genuinely can't think of anybody at ch we've had since he left who could cover ground like him. Any ideas?

Uncle Buck

He's quick?

Are you winding me up?

He was fast as **** when he played for us :lol:

Should be doing everything in our power to get him back.

We'll be about ?100,000 plus short in wages to attract him to our club.....................if only we could have saved that money from somewhere else

hoof.hearted

My mate who's a big Jambo stays down there and watches Ipswich home games. He said he's the weak link and glad he's not coming back to Hearts.

hoof.hearted

He also said he is so slow now. Maybe compared to championship players but that's the only gauge he has.

NoSheight

I know Craig Barr who is best pals with Christophe - his first choice is Rangers.

Berra isn't great. Managed to get Wolves relegated two years in a row and is the Scotland player with most goals conceded per cap in the history of the game.

communist

We'll be about ?100,000 plus short in wages to attract him to our club.....................if only we could have saved that money from somewhere else

I see what you did there.

Surely Oshaniwa and with Paterson alongside Nicholson leaving, we will have some money to play with. I quite like Bauben at CH though. It's great to have him back in the team.

John Findlay

Notts Forest v Ipswich is live on sky sports now for those wishing a close up of Berra.

Hughes another year, Berra to replace him in a year, Hughes as coach.

My prediction.

Nae use next season tho.

We're in enough trouble.

Berra would be an utter coup if we get him in

You're going by what he was believe me he's not very good now.

Berra would be an utter coup if we get him in

You see this is the trouble. We're buying/signing players that are just not good enough. Scouting and signing players that will do a good job for you is an art one we are badly lacking.

Holyrood_Hearts

You see this is the trouble. We're buying/signing players that are just not good enough. Scouting and signing players that will do a good job for you is an art one we are badly lacking.

Berra would be a big improvement on what we currently have imo.

We'll be about ?100,000 plus short in wages to attract him to our club.....................if only we could have saved that money from somewhere else

Like having a backbone and getting through an Edinburgh Derby cup tie with a free pass to a semi final? I agree

Morgaro Gomis

People pretending Berra wouldn't be a stand out in our tinpot league :lol:

Sign Berra and an experienced keeper and I don't think we are far away once Souttar returns..hope we cash in on Walker and Paterson soon and spend wisely

Luscious Laryea

People pretending Berra wouldn't be a stand out in our tinpot league :lol:

Exactly - Berra would look like Baresi in this league particularly playing for our joke of a team.

JAMMY1980

paterson going the other way is what i heard

Obviously not part of the deal as Berra is going to be a free agent and can go wherever he wants.

Bob Loblaw

I know Craig Barr who is best pals with Christophe - his first choice is Rangers.

Berra isn't great. Managed to get Wolves relegated two years in a row and is the Scotland player with most goals conceded per cap in the history of the game.

Not that it's really relevant to whether he's good enough for Hearts but that bit about goals per cap has to be utter nonsense. A quick Google shows Scotland have conceded 45 goals in his 35 caps, there will be players with much worse records than that.

Obviously not part of the deal as Berra is going to be a free agent and can go wherever he wants.

not unless they take up the option to keep him for another year. 

Winston Ingram

We are obviously relying on Ipswich/the Ipswich owner's goodwill here to let him leave on a free. In a business sense, it would be smarter for them to trigger the extra year meaning we would need to give them Paterson (a matter complicated by the fact CP might not want to go there) or someone else has to buy him. 

I'd still be pretty confident it will be resolved and he'll sign for us. 

Walter Bishop

paterson going the other way is what i heard 

That was the deal that was in place in January. 

Walter Bishop

Ipswich have a deal where they can take an option on him for another year.

Bungalow Bill

We are obviously relying on Ipswich/the Ipswich owner's goodwill here to let him leave on a free. In a business sense, it would be smarter for them to trigger the extra year meaning we would need to give them Paterson (a matter complicated by the fact CP might not want to go there) or someone else has to buy him. 

I'd still be pretty confident it will be resolved and he'll sign for us. 

How can we give Paterson to Ipswich? He's out of contract.

Section Q

Confusing here. One story said they'd taken up an option to keep him then the coach comes out and says he'll miss him.

Archived