Meet the Management event

RS86

You may have a point there.

I saw a clairvoyant the other week who said Cathro was a great Head Coach.

Go to see a clairvoyant, why would Yoda?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would imagine they will both be very impressive when presenting. I remember someone posting that Cathro was excellent at a FOH awards ceremony recently.

I'm sure he will be. I like what he has to say and his ideas. But here's the problem it's not happening on the pitch. The potential for this to go wrong is high. I hope it's well controlled and the media aren't going to be plastering headlines about a fans revolt etc in the morning.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

A contentious evening this could swing things with AB , Lets chase this imposter out of our club he isn?t fit for the task !

We should suffer the fool no more !

I was going to go but decided better of it as I'd have a few drinks and end up trying to remove Cathro from myself.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I was going to go but decided better of it as I'd have a few drinks and end up trying to remove Cathro from myself.

You should go. You have strong views, this is an ideal chance to get your point over. Hopefully those going can get that across, but they must be blind and deaf if they couldn't see and hear what we think collectively, yesterday.

I don't give a flying who the head coach is, I want his boss to understand this is not a play thing. Get it right and get it right in the summer.

1971fozzy

I'd be asking him if there are any divisions within the dressing room because it looks to me that there most certainly are. Walker yesterday more or less chucking in the towel probably pissed off at the lack of effort from some of his team. Additionally probably cause of his manager also.

also as previous posters have pointed out I'm sick of our inability to find a man from a throw in (or should I say a man wanting to be found from a throw in). A basic in the game , and inevitably the throw gives away possession. Just like Hamiltons atrocious distribution of the ball.

I guarantee he will go on about how we have more possession than most teams we play though. Thing is passing the ball sideways and backwards most of the time to no effect will give you these stats.

He wants to play a certain way but we do not operate (due to the wages and league we are in) with the players who are able. We are never going to be able to afford players that Barca or PSG have lol.

I spoke to a club legend a couple of weeks ago and just asked what he thought of the football we were watching rather than the results etc...

He said that the football was better and less industrial than before but the players seemed confused at what was expected of them. He also said that the players really liked playing for Cathro.

I wanted Robbie to go when he did, time was up and the football was eye bleeding at times espically away from home. Whilst I am still behind Cathro I am disappointed in the lack of intensity and desire in the majority of our playing squad which is apparent when we watch us. Cowie and Walker are the exceptions IMO.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'd be asking him if there are any divisions within the dressing room because it looks to me that there most certainly are. Walker yesterday more or less chucking in the towel probably pissed off at the lack of effort from some of his team. Additionally probably cause of his manager also.

also as previous posters have pointed out I'm sick of our inability to find a man from a throw in (or should I say a man wanting to be found from a throw in). A basic in the game , and inevitably the throw gives away possession. Just like Hamiltons atrocious distribution of the ball.

I guarantee he will go on about how we have more possession than most teams we play though. Thing is passing the ball sideways and backwards most of the time to no effect will give you these stats.

He wants to play a certain way but we do not operate (due to the wages and league we are in) with the players who are able. We are never going to be able to afford players that Barca or PSG have lol.

58% we had yesterday, 57 of it going backwards and sideways 0.5 resulted in chances and 0.5 meaningful balls forward.

Reading have something similar, they play the ball endlessly between the centre backs, but they have had a good season.

On the Euro teams, I said this on the way home last night, IC will be used to better players playing this way at Valencia and Newcastle. He is likely to find he doesn't have time to educate this at Hearts. But I think he realises this full well, as I have said on other threads my suspicion is he is being backed regardless of results and we are basically pissing about finding out who can fit this game or not. In doing so we are alienating players, but it may well all be part of a wider change. Ask him how he feels about missing out on Europe this season

siegementality

I spoke to a club legend a couple of weeks ago and just asked what he thought of the football we were watching rather than the results etc...

He said that the football was better and less industrial than before but the players seemed confused at what was expected of them. He also said that the players really liked playing for Cathro.

I wanted Robbie to go when he did, time was up and the football was eye bleeding at times espically away from home. Whilst I am still behind Cathro I am disappointed in the lack of intensity and desire in the majority of our playing squad which is apparent when we watch us. Cowie and Walker are the exceptions IMO.

Some football players must be as thick as feck then if they can't follow simple instruction.

Section Q

Some football players must be as thick as feck then if they can't follow simple instruction.

Of course they are.

Shanks said no

I can't see any mention of a Q&A on the official Hearts website, think a few may be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And what about the recent "player of the year" awards - what made that ok, and this not?

Player of the year is an annual event. It's not rocket science.

Hearts007

Maybe Cathro will appear on a laptop not actually there in person :tiny:

Jambo 4 Ever

Player of the year is an annual event. It's not rocket science.

But why make a big deal about it at the time and charge so much for fans to go?  perhaps should have made it more low-key this year.

Also - my point is, why are some people knocking the event tonight, but think it was ok for the player of the year event to go ahead? 

Francis Albert

If a coach can't get through to players with simple instructions it's not the players fault.

As a manager and certainly our manager IC is a dead man walking. As an up and coming coach fair play to him for turning up tonight. May not be a massive fundraiser but if it helps fair enough.

Francis Albert

Less industrial? I am not sure what that means but we have been more reliant on a long punt upfield to an isolated forward than in the Nielson era.

I am not surprised they really like playing for Cathro. The reward/effort ratio seems pretty low under his management.

Possibly the football is less "industrial" but I imagine a lot of ex-players are keeping a bit respect when they get asked questions about the current situation.

But what does that really mean? I certainly don't think the players we have are better technically.

They certainly lack dig , cunning and at times basic intelligence in possession.

I don't know when the player you spoke to played but if I've got say Hartley, Cameron, MacKay, Robbo or Colquhoun in my head, or throw in Crabbe to add weight to the ability argument, our current players don't touch them.

The way football is played now, certainly at our level, forward play is dying out because of midfield sheight, competent wingers are getting rarer and you get less midfielders who have the ability to get in the box or willing to go beyond the opponent.

It maybe looks nice in the first ten minutes of a match with the passing around the back and midfielders playing safe and square but it soon becomes boring and you realise the key elements don't exist.

The thing with us having possession is that teams sit in and counter us now. A number of times Aberdeen broke and created chances. Aberdeen looked more dangerous than us with only 42% of the ball.

Plus I have never seen such a slow paced counter attack than this hearts team this season. We really need some paced signed in the summer

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Maybe Cathro will appear on a laptop not actually there in person :tiny:

:lol:

Red Dwarf style holograms!!!!

Possibly the football is less "industrial" but I imagine a lot of ex-players are keeping a bit respect when they get asked questions about the current situation.

But what does that really mean? I certainly don't think the players we have are better technically.

They certainly lack dig , cunning and at times basic intelligence in possession.

I don't know when the player you spoke to played but if I've got say Hartley, Cameron, MacKay, Robbo or Colquhoun in my head, or throw in Crabbe to add weight to the ability argument, our current players don't touch them.

The way football is played now, certainly at our level, forward play is dying out because of midfield sheight, competent wingers are getting rarer and you get less midfielders who have the ability to get in the box or willing to go beyond the opponent.

It maybe looks nice in the first ten minutes of a match with the passing around the back and midfielders playing safe and square but it soon becomes boring and you realise the key elements don't exist.

Nicholson King and Patterson all leaving suggests to me their is either some amazing grand plan or the whole thing is turning very sour. If Walker goes we really have no one left with experience who has any connection to the club. I just don't think that's healthy. I also think it speaks volumes for the state of the dressing room.

1971fozzy

Maybe Cathro will appear on a laptop not actually there in person :tiny:

Like Max Headroom

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The thing with us having possession is that teams sit in and counter us now. A number of times Aberdeen broke and created chances. Aberdeen looked more dangerous than us with only 42% of the ball.

Plus I have never seen such a slow paced counter attack than this hearts team this season. We really need some paced signed in the summer

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Absolutely. It is dire, usually better in one half than the other oddly enough. I have found that to be the case for weeks. More often the first half lately is utter pish. 2nd half in both of the last 2 home games have been played at a better pace. Having said that, I thought our goal has been missed yesterday for its quality, it was very well worked in the end

Hearts007
Sir Gio, on 08 May 2017 - 4:23 PM, said:

:lol:

Red Dwarf style holograms!!!!

Yep...for security reasons :tiny:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Yep...for security reasons :tiny:

I'm not going. Cancel the hounds. :D

Hearts007
OFhater, on 08 May 2017 - 4:50 PM, said:

I'm not going. Cancel the hounds. :D

:tiny:

What time does this farce start at? Apologies if already mentioned.

http://edinburgh.carpediem.cd/events/3414529-meet-the-management-at-heartofmidlothianfc/

18:30 according to this.

My favourite part of this advertisement is this:

Take your seat in the Gorge Suite and watch as Ian Cathro and Austin McPhee present a weekly training session plan and details of how they prepare for a game.

The session will include a video analysis package highlighting how opponents play and how Hearts would set up to exploit their weaknesses and nullify their specific threats. :rofl:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'm hoping for carnage.

Silvery_Moon

http://edinburgh.carpediem.cd/events/3414529-meet-the-management-at-heartofmidlothianfc/

Take your seat in the Gorge Suite and watch as Ian Cathro and Austin McPhee present a weekly training session plan and details of how they prepare for a game.

The session will include a video analysis package highlighting how opponents play and how Hearts would set up to exploit their weaknesses and nullify their specific threats. :rofl:

Utterly embarrassing isn't it.

oh ah grantona

You know what I find funny

Not seen anywhere that it's sold out. Given it's a fund raising event you would think the club would be pushing it.

Gorgie live always has a wee last min plug tickets available on the door bla bla bla

Hearts007
SteauaNeedarest, on 08 May 2017 - 5:15 PM, said:

wonder if Daly will interrupt them by handing them a note :tiny:

Utterly embarrassing isn't it.

It is completely ridiculous. How on earth is this meant to have any credibility? We don't nullify opposing teams threats. We play the same plodding, methodical boring football every fixture and teams have us sussed. Not the other way around.

:laugh4:

Seymour M Hersh

A contentious evening this could swing things with AB , Lets chase this imposter out of our club he isn?t fit for the task !

We should suffer the fool no more !

What subject are you an expert on?

CollyWolly

It makes me squirm just reading about it. Surely to feck they should have cancelled this utter nonsense.

heartsfc_fan

Not going to this. Probably just aswell as it will probably turn into a farce.

Hearts007

How many steps will he take into the suite before the booing starts

Seymour M Hersh

I'm hoping for carnage.

Are you going? And if yes are you going to start the "carnage"? 

Silvery_Moon

How many steps will he take into the suite before the booing starts

I know I shouldn't say this but that would be brilliant.

Heartsmad1874

This would only be a good idea if things are going well however they are most certainly not and this could get very bad for Ian and Austin. Feel like they are been hung out to dry.

Jambo 4 Ever

It makes me squirm just reading about it. Surely to feck they should have cancelled this utter nonsense.

Ffs will people stop moaning saying it should be cancelled. Really starting to annoy me.

I am going and I'm looking forward to it. To cancel it last minute would have been even worse, for those of us who actually support and want to go along, and have made travel plans etc.

No one is forcing anyone to go.

Like I said before you didn't hear anyone calling for the player of the year award ceremony to be cancelled did you?! That was charging ridiculous prices to celebrate the players

Jamboelite

Shows the arrogance of the man!

Haha having a pop at something he hasnt done yet ffs

Cut The Crap

Said a few pages back that this was a bizarre event for them to agree to. There's no upside given our current form. On the other hand, it could go quite badly wrong quite rapidly.

I wonder if Barry Anderson has bought himself a ticket.

indianajones

This would only be a good idea if things are going well however they are most certainly not and this could get very bad for Ian and Austin. Feel like they are been hung out to dry.

They deserve to be hounded tonight. 

I really hope some of the attendees address how utter garbage we are and demand answers. 

'im not good enough for this, im leaving' should be the only answer from these two impostors. 

Hearts007
Silvery_Moon, on 08 May 2017 - 5:30 PM, said:

:naughty::tiny:

Howdy Doody Jambo

So we focus more on the opposition

Which means our centre midfielder plays centre half

Hearts007

Ffs will people stop moaning saying it should be cancelled. Really starting to annoy me.

I am going and I'm looking forward to it. To cancel it last minute would have been even worse, for those of us who actually support and want to go along, and have made travel plans etc.

Like I said before you didn't hear anyone calling for the player of the year award ceremony to be cancelled did you?! That was charging ridiculous prices to celebrate the players

Are you gonna question him, that things aint working?

CollyWolly

Hey mate. I am allowed to pass comment on this public board. I think the event should have been strangled at birth.(not cancelled at short notice) However if there are mug punters prepared to go along and listen to two coaches who are failing at all aspects of their jobs, week in week out and charity benefits in the end, then so be it.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Are you going? And if yes are you going to start the "carnage"?

Nope. I don't think a stadium ban is in my best interests. I hope whoever attends will leave Cathro with no doubt that we want him out. Maximum pressure. :)

It will probably go smoothly. :(

Archived