Meet the Management event

RS86

Do any other clubs or managers put these on? Or is it just the really bad ones who have to try and justify their clueless-ness? Serious question with slight dig.

I think Ian Cathro is a bit more open than most

Maybe get some interest from fans of other clubs, and as mentioned other coaches and media

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to this. To get to learn from two of the most respected young coaches [although not respected as managers yet] in the game for ?15 seems good value to me. As a youth coach, I think it will be a very informative evening. The fact that the entry money is going towards the new stand just makes it even more of a no-brainer for me to go. Both Ian and Austin have had incredibly impressive coaching careers to date, and been brave enough to try their luck abroad. These guys are good role models for aspiring coaches and well worth listening to.

You suit your username :-)

I hope they attend a session with Tommy Wright on how to get a team to play at and beyond their fans expectations. Worth ?15 of their cash!

I like the idea of this event im sure it will be an interesting listen from Cathro & McPhee. Cathro was at the FOH plot ceremony I attended and he spoke very well about how some of his ideas haven't come off yet but we are beginning to see where he is intending on taking the team in terms of style.

No, we really aren't!

We're playing players that won't be here next season and today we started with 3 at the back with 1 striker then switched to a back 4, putting 2 up front after going behind to 10 men.

There is no consistency.

Prince has went from a fringe player heading out of the squad to what appears to be a mainstay as centre half.

I'm not a Cathro outer but we are currently all over the place!

It's important to remember this is just a fundraiser. No need for all the the negativity. I don't fancy it myself but some of the other fundraisers look good.

I think this one will be a bit of a bore tbh.

rudi must stay

It's important to remember this is just a fundraiser. No need for all the the negativity. I don't fancy it myself but some of the other fundraisers look good.

I think this one will be a bit of a bore tbh.

One for football manager type fans. I think it'll sell out

The Treasurer

They are charging fans for this

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Be a bit pointless as a fundraising event if it was free

kingantti1874

I like the idea of this event im sure it will be an interesting listen from Cathro & McPhee. Cathro was at the FOH plot ceremony I attended and he spoke very well about how some of his ideas haven't come off yet but we are beginning to see where he is intending on taking the team in terms of style.

Are we :rofl: our style is to win, play fast, high intensity, good football with wingers who are able to bear men and a team who are more than happy to put the boot in when necessary.. Not getting ****ing bullied all over the park.. That's our style.. He can shove his failed tika taka boring bullshit up his hoop.

Jambo 4 Ever

Please post how many football 'experts' make a total Gareth Hunt of themselves tonight if there is a Q & A session.

To be clear I am NOT referring to our Management Team.

Thank you.

It is next Monday....

Mikey1874

They are charging fans for this

Yeah

Want to play for new stand without affecting the playing squad budget if they can

Curious approach as opposed to say what Arsenal did

davemclaren

Yeah

Want to play for new stand without affecting the playing squad budget if they can

Curious approach as opposed to say what Arsenal did

What did Arsenal do?

Mikey1874

What did Arsenal do?

Suffer a big dip as funds for players lessened by funding arrangements for the new Emirates stadium especially against Chelsea and Man Utd as well as Man City.

davemclaren

Suffer a big dip as funds for players lessened by funding arrangements for the new Emirates stadium especially against Chelsea and Man Utd as well as Man City.

Lucky that isn't happening to us then. :)

socrates82

No, we really aren't!

We're playing players that won't be here next season and today we started with 3 at the back with 1 striker then switched to a back 4, putting 2 up front after going behind to 10 men.

There is no consistency.

Prince has went from a fringe player heading out of the squad to what appears to be a mainstay as centre half.

I'm not a Cathro outer but we are currently all over the place!

Since Cathro arrived we've basically been doing first quarter of the season stuff - finding your best formation and team and all that - in the middle and at the end of the season thanks to the mid season manager switch and massive - and unnecessary - mid season squad overhaul, even with the need to get emergency replacements for Paterson and Souttar.

I wish Levein had said to Cathro - "Let me see what you can do with the squad plus a few January signings and we'll do an overhaul in summer if needed. Plug any gaps by giving some kids a go in the run-in" instead of sanctioning the huge squad shake up. However, given fans weren't happy with us in 2nd, would a certain section of the Hearts support have been happy with that?

kingantti1874

Since Cathro arrived we've basically been doing first quarter of the season stuff - finding your best formation and team and all that - in the middle and at the end of the season thanks to the mid season manager switch and massive - and unnecessary - mid season squad overhaul, even with the need to get emergency replacements for Paterson and Souttar.

I wish Levein had said to Cathro - "Let me see what you can do with the squad plus a few January signings and we'll do an overhaul in summer if needed. Plug any gaps by giving some kids a go in the run-in" instead of sanctioning the huge squad shake up. However, given fans weren't happy with us in 2nd, would a certain section of the Hearts support have been happy with that?

Id say a huge majority were satisfied under Robbie.. The noise came from terrible performances in big games.. More like his last game at approvals would have been 100%..

Too many excuses for cathro.. He's done a really really bad job.. It really no.moee complicated than that.. The players he's signed, the failure to motivate, the style, the shape.. And he speaks shit.

Jambo 4 Ever

I wonder if Levein or Ann Budge will make an appearance, even just show support

Will that not be seen as interfering?

I cant make it but think it would be really good to hear Cathro and others thoughts.

I would really like to know what his plans are and how they differ from the current thinking, find the challenges he has faced and when does he think it will get better.

Jambo 4 Ever

I cant make it but think it would be really good to hear Cathro and others thoughts.

I would really like to know what his plans are and how they differ from the current thinking, find the challenges he has faced and when does he think it will get better.

yeah it should be good to hear his side of things, and their plans for future

kingantti1874

Remember when he told us wed never be out fought.. That was a cracker

At the Bingo...

Mars plastic

Was told today by one of my contacts how many have bought tickets for this. Quite surprised likes.

Bazzas right boot

I've no doubt it will be interesting to hear how coaches work, as it would be if it was any professional coach, but I don't fancy spending ?15 listening to Cathro talking about his Football Philosophy' while his team plays like a bunch of disinterested strangers.

Well don't.

Opshunns!

Bazzas right boot

Was told today by one of my contacts how many have bought tickets for this. Quite surprised likes.

Quite surprised because some fans want to watch Thier team rather than go n the huff!

I'm surprised so many fan's are in the huff!

Mars plastic

Quite surprised because some fans want to watch Thier team rather than go n the huff!

It's not for me as I'm not interested enough in football to go and listen to folk talking about tactics and shape. In fact, i would be bored shitless

kingantti1874

Out of interest What was your view on Gary locke when he left.. Did you want him to leave?

Jambos_1874

So how many then......?

It's not for me as I'm not interested enough in football to go and listen to folk talking about tactics and shape. In fact, i would be bored shitless

If only your post count reflected this!!!

Bazzas right boot

forget what I said i though t this was the Aberdeen dot count thread.

I'm talking pish. There's a first time for everything!

Bazzas right boot

So how many then......?

Lennon will be there! Maybe Hartley as well...

Same here no point in me going . I would just fall asleep and get chucked out for snoring.

However I'm sure there will be some who are into this kind of thing.

BTW did your contact say it would surprisingly well attended or surprisingly

poorly attended ?

Oops sorry just noticed you already answered.

Jambos_1874

It'll be busy, put it that way.

Is there some reason you can't give me a rough number? I'm heading along and would be keen to see what the uptake is.

Bazzas right boot

Out of interest What was your view on Gary locke when he left.. Did you want him to leave?

I thought the way he was treated was harsh.

I felt at the time he was limited, financial, player ban, etcand could have done a job f given the resources

Ann, made the right call. She was correct to release him.

Another reason why I trust her to make the correct calls.

Hardly a decision wrong from day 1.

grumpyespana

I felt at the time he was limited, financial, player ban, etcand could have done a job f given the resources

Ann did not release him his contract was up at the time.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ann was told to release him. Mind you he has not really proved Levein wrong. Can't hold that one against him

Holyrood_Hearts

Ann did not release him his contract was up at the time.

A fact missed by most of the media/Billy Brown etc etc

Ann was told to release him. Mind you he has not really proved Levein wrong. Can't hold that one against him

How can you release someone who is not contracted to the club ?

Jambo 4 Ever

So roughly how many tickets sold so far?

Wonder what the food will be like too

Archived