Meet the Management event

RS86

Geoff Kilpatrick

Is anyone taking Cathro and MacPhee seriously here?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's under contract.

There's a thread saying he's Gone!! Apparently [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wool being pulled over everyones eyes brillaintly played by the club here make it seem like all is rosy and we can fix this with a summer recruitment plan and sook up the fans arses at a 1 on 1 session

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

And compete in derbies. Haha

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Basically blaming the players for all our troubles. Digs at our left backs. (Rherras done fine with Robbie in charge)

Sorry it won't wash with me. Cathro needs to re-evaluate his football philosophies. He is as at fault as the players and they all just didn't magically become shite at the seasons time.

Cruyff Turn

Definitely need to look at what Aberdeen have done with regards to their signings and squad which McInnes has put together.

British and Irish based players with a sprinkling of one or two foreign gems is the way forward.

Would still like to know why we have a shitload of deadwood on 3 year deals though.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Wool being pulled over everyones eyes brillaintly played by the club here make it seem like all is rosy and we can fix this with a summer recruitment plan and sook up the fans arses at a 1 on 1 session

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Exactly they will try and butter us up

How can we trust Frank Spencer to recruit properly and get players on board

jamboinglasgow

He had the January window to recruit British/Players that could compete in derbies.

Sounds like bollocks to me :thumbsup:

gave a good interview in the Sun yesterday where he explained recruitment in January and explained they could not afford to sign the British players they wanted in January. The market left them with little they could get outside of players who have been out of contract for a while or whose season finished in November. They didn't want Rossi to go but he got an offer that was too good for him to turn down.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Basically blaming the players for all our troubles. Digs at our left backs. (Rherras done fine with Robbie in charge)

Sorry it won't wash with me. Cathro needs to re-evaluate his football philosophies. He is as at fault as the players and they all just didn't magically become shite at the seasons time.

He also signed Sowah, who is single fish as well.

jamboinglasgow

Is anyone taking Cathro and MacPhee seriously here?

If you dont believe anything they will say, why are you on this thread? 

Sam and Calum both away, no surprises there. Wants to recruit players who will compete in derbies.

FFS, does that mean we're going to sign Hibs?

Jambo_Jarman

He had the January window to recruit British/Players that could compete in derbies.

Sounds like bollocks to me :thumbsup:

He said in the interview with The Sun on Sunday that foreign-based players were just easier to recruit in January. Only so many British/Scottish players available and they tend to be more expensive, especially in January. He expects more to be available in the summer.

gave a good interview in the Sun yesterday where he explained recruitment in January and explained they could not afford to sign the British players they wanted in January. The market left them with little they could get outside of players who have been out of contract for a while or whose season finished in November. They didn't want Rossi to go but he got an offer that was too good for him to turn down.

We didn't need to sign players in January or certainly not 9. Also the DoF job is to ensure continuity if a head coach leaves. Massive failures all round.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If you dont believe anything they will say, why are you on this thread?

Because it's funny, plus I'm still expecting a "hot take" from the imposter.

Heartsmad1874

He said in the interview with The Sun on Sunday that foreign-based players were just easier to recruit in January. Only so many British/Scottish players available and they tend to be more expensive, especially in January. He expects more to be available in the summer.

Don't read the sun. My apologies :thumbsup:

Hearts007

would people prefer they said things we didn't want to hear?

Jambo_Jarman

Don't read the sun. My apologies :thumbsup:

I only do when it's Hearts related (and then only online) :thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

We didn't need to sign players in January or certainly not 9. Also the DoF job is to ensure continuity if a head coach leaves. Massive failures all round.

Really?

We had a squad of 15 available players in January (which includes Oshaniwa and Sammon.)  

Geoff Kilpatrick

Really?

We had a squad of 15 available players in January (which includes Oshaniwa and Sammon.)

Perhaps we need to ask why we chase squad players away?

Geoff Kilpatrick

They can say what they like. It's havers.

Perth to Paisley

Looks like the moaners will continue to moan regardless of what is/ was said - only way to please Some would be if they did a Robbie and bolted before the lunatics took over the asylum!

Probably the moaners are either other team trolls or the ones who wanted Robbie gone - careful what you wish for I hear some say.

jamboinglasgow

Perhaps we need to ask why we chase squad players away?

are you talking about the club or the fans?

Really?

So why offload Ozturk? We also had two due back from Afcon and Beith and Currie could've stepped up. Hughes and Isma were all we needed.

Geoff Kilpatrick

are you talking about the club or the fans?

The club.

Joe Hearts

Definitely need to look at what Aberdeen have done with regards to their signings and squad which McInnes has put together.

British and Irish based players with a sprinkling of one or two foreign gems is the way forward.

Would still like to know why we have a shitload of deadwood on 3 year deals though.

Never mind Aberdeen what about St Johnston?e?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Looks like the moaners will continue to moan regardless of what is/ was said - only way to please Some would be if they did a Robbie and bolted before the lunatics took over the asylum!

Probably the moaners are either other team trolls or the ones who wanted Robbie gone - careful what you wish for I hear some say.

Do you really think Cathro deserves more time based on a PowerPoint? Seriously?

amadjambo

Wasn't Brentfords recruitment success down to Frank McParland the guy responsible for some of the disaster signings at Rangers when breadman was in charge?

I heard an interview on Radio 5 several months ago, or maybe even last year, with an American guy who was promoting moneyball methodologies in football. Think he may also have been involved with Brentford at some point.

Would never expect them to admit to making mistakes, even if it's the truth. This event was not intended for propaganda and was never going to undo the harm they have done so far or make me feel all will be well. I just hope the signings are half decent so that if they continue to fail someone else can come in and get them playing rather than rebuild. If things work out well then fab.

jamboinglasgow

So why offload Ozturk? We also had two due back from Afcon and Beith and Currie could've stepped up. Hughes and Isma were all we needed.

I am counting the two who came back from AFCON, Beith, forgot Currie so sorry that makes 16. Ozturk seems to be something we decided long before. But even if we kept him you are still talking about 17. A normal squad requires 23 players at least. We needed bodies at Hearts and 2 signings would not be enough.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Hibs fans would love us to keep Cathro you ****ing. Lunatics took over the asylum? :vlad-stupid: :rofl:

Hearts007
deejtee, on 08 May 2017 - 9:28 PM, said:

Would never expect them to admit to making mistakes, even if it's the truth. This event was not intended for propaganda and was never going to undo the harm they have done so far or make me feel all will be well. I just hope the signings are half decent so that if they continue to fail someone else can come in and get them playing rather than rebuild. If things work out well then fab.

:2thumbsup:

Unreal if anyone gets back on board with Cathro after this nonsense.

I'll judge what I see on the park.

He has to go sooner rather than later and if that means getting pastings in our last 3 games to get rid of him then good. Not that budge will act as she has dealt with this cowardly and pussy foots around untouchable CL.

rudi must stay

I heard an interview on Radio 5 several months ago, or maybe even last year, with an American guy who was promoting moneyball methodologies in football. Think he may also have been involved with Brentford at some point.

I think they adapted aspects of it. If we are adopting the moneyball style it is a risky strategy and a poor move, just bring in guys that know the league

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Some top brainwashing done tonight it seems.

You called it.

JAMMY1980

He has to go sooner rather than later and if that means getting pastings in our last 3 games to get rid of him then good. Not that budge will act as she has dealt with this cowardly and pussy foots around untouchable CL.

What a horrific post...sad!

Hearts007

Don't think anyone is " back on board with Cathro" we have got him and we just have to put up with it

I take it you don't actually watch us. If you do then I can only assume you are trolling.

Chester™

I think they adapted aspects of it. If we are adopting the moneyball style it is a risky strategy and a poor move, just bring in guys that know the league

Used at both Spurs and Liverpool.

Captain Canada

Interesting stuff. If he's admitting the current squad is largely hopeless, he's unlikely to get anything out of them now.

We should definitely play some younger guys for the rest of the season. They'll at least work hard.

Smith, Currie and Beith should all play. I'm not sure if Zanatta is still on loan but if not, I'd like to see him get some starts too.

That way we'll at least get some willing runners and passion in the side which we'll need for three hard away games. Hamilton desperately needs a break too.

kingantti1874

If you ran a poll.on here you'd be lucky if 10% wanted Neilston to leave.. Cathro currently at 55%.. Would be higher if it were not for the hibees voting for him to stay.. Given his record I'm surprised it not higher.. In the real world, I don't actually know of anyone who wants him to stay..

Your miles off

rudi must stay

Used at both Spurs and Liverpool.

Used to an extent. Maybe 1 or 2 signings, if our whole strategy's moneyball then I'd be worried.

jamboinglasgow

If you ran a poll.on here you'd be lucky if 10% wanted Neilston to leave.. Cathro currently at 55%.. Would be higher if it were not for the hibees voting for him to stay.. Given his record I'm surprised it not higher.. In the real world, I don't actually know of anyone who wants him to stay..

Your miles off

You do remember there were plenty of people pleased when Robbie was linked with MK Dons that he could be off dont you i..e quite a lot of people.

Don't think anyone is " back on board with Cathro" we have got him and we just have to put up with it

Oh yeah I forgot we should sit on our hands and accept how bad we have become. We are a laughing stock at the moment.

Bazzas right boot

I can't wait for next season.

Ths season, due to a number of reasons has crashed and burned, I don't expect anything great from the last 3 games.

Summer is crucial ( recruitment), he must also get a good start.

I think he will, and just like Robbie, some people are going to look pretty stupid in reflection 6 months down the line.

If not he'll be sacked and I would have been wrong to back him and imo the club needs to look at the whole DoF set up.

soonbe110

He also signed Sowah, who is single fish as well.

Robbie had Sowah lined up before he left.

Gorgie_Rules

There is actually very little about how the night went on this thread yet people jumping to their own conclusions. How woeful we have been under Cathro aside, for anyone that was there how did the evening go? Did anyone speak well? Was there anything said that may come as a surprise or shock? Did it end positively?

Hearts007
Mort, on 08 May 2017 - 9:39 PM, said:

Oh yeah I forgot we should sit on our hands and accept how bad we have become. We are a laughing stock at the moment.

I voted for him to go..what do you suggest we do?

Archived