Meet the Management event

RS86

Jambo 4 Ever

I was there and enjoyed it

Think it was very honest and think macphee was the better speaker

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the 150k DoF there to hear his squad composition torn apart? To hear that his rubbish about no value in the UK torn apart? And to hear that the manager he brought in is so poorly skilled that he is getting presentations on how to scout players by someone from Brentford?

What are Brentford selling by the way?

BobbyJenkins

I can't wait for next season.

Ths season, due to a number of reasons has crashed and burned, I don't expect anything great from the last 3 games.

Summer is crucial ( recruitment), he must also get a good start.

I think he will, and just like Robbie, some people are going to look pretty stupid in reflection 6 months down the line.

If not he'll be sacked and I would have been wrong to back him and imo the club needs to look at the whole DoF set up.

Rare sanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chester™

Used to an extent. Maybe 1 or 2 signings, if our whole strategy's moneyball then I'd be worried.

The man who created Moneyball is an adviser to Spurs. The man who tried to steal said adviser away from his baseball team for his own, owns Liverpool. Its used beyond the '1 or 2 signings'.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I can't wait for nest season.

Ths season due to a number of reasons has crashed and burned, I don't expect anything great from the last 3 games.

Summer is crucial, he must get a good start.

I think he will, and just like Robbie, some people are going to look pretty stupid in reflection 6 months down the line.

If not he'll be sacked and I would have been wrong to back him and imo the club needs to look at the whole DoF set up.

Yes, YOU!

William H. Bonney

If I were you I'd duck.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

You think everything is great in your eyes Levein makes one bad judgment and you want to scrap it all? You make absolutely no sense. You're doing exactly what you berate others for.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

How were the humidity levels in the room?

Jambo 4 Ever

That all you took from it?

What was he wearing?

Who sat on the immediate left, as you looked?

Cathro was sitting on the left end... wearing a black top... and the macphee was next to him wearing a white shirt.

Anything else?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The season crashed and burned in February second year running. Only difference last year the squad was settled this year it was in the middle of catastrophic change

What was your favourite MacPhee bit?

Charging fans to watch a presentation from our worst ever manager is a bigger farce than anything that happened under Romanov

Definitely.

Jambo 4 Ever

Oh you are speaking. Excellent! So Austin was in the buff then?

Umm I just said a white shirt.

Ask any other sensible questions and I will answer

Jambo 4 Ever

What was your favourite MacPhee bit?

The comment about Isma having a better goal ratio than Robbo... you?

The comment about Isma having a better goal ratio than Robbo... you?

Didn't go. Was it worth the ?15?

Looking at CM, CH, CF and wide players.

NO MENTION OF KEEPER despite being asked.

Jambo 4 Ever

Didn't go. Was it worth the ?15?

I thought so...

Scott Wilson did a decent job too... and the buffet was good. Pies were tasty

As obvious as it seems and it may have been covered already, but a manager that is happy slagging off the left backs (some of them he signed) to the fans in a bid to get on side with them is a weak loser.

Jambo 4 Ever

Looking at CM, CH, CF and wide players.

NO MENTION OF KEEPER despite being asked.

Think that is fair enough ... cringed when some asked him rudely shouting out!

Cisc0 K1d

They are actively reviewing recruitment, including having a presentation by the scouting team from Brentford last week.

Heard something quite interesting about Brentford's scouting recently, they completely scrapped their youth set up because they can't compete with the the other London clubs when it comes to attracting the best young players in and around London, which is understandable.

Instead they actively scout the youth teams of the other London clubs as the youth players progress through the systems with the intention of signing up the players they rate as and when they are released.  I guess if they spend the time to get their scouting right there is more than good chance they might pick up better cast off's from Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham etc than they might develop themselves. 

Based on our recent recruitment learning from others who are thinking out the box and even doing a bit more traditional scouting ahead of signing players would make a huge difference.

Jambo 4 Ever

Hamilton Hibby having a good time. :qqb006:

How very mature of you... why did you not go? It was a decent night

jamboinglasgow

As obvious as it seems and it may have been covered already, but a manager that is happy slagging off the left backs (some of them he signed) to the fans in a bid to get on side with them is a weak loser.

and if he praised the left backs he would get slaughtered on here. He cant win either way.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

JiH doing exactly what someone suggested he would do. :laugh:

You're a good troll tbf.

Jambo 4 Ever

The funny bit also was when Scott read the question to Cathro asking why we, the fans, should believe in him as much as he believed in himself!! And the name he said was Anne Budge who asked the question haha

Was Austin wearing a white shirt & black trousers?

And was Cathro on the immediate left?

JiH's integrity rests on your answer, mate.

Sorry bud I'm only getting text updates tbh.

kingantti1874

and if he praised the left backs he would get slaughtered on here. He cant win either way.

Because he's a terrible manager who's record has earned him no credits

Jambo 4 Ever

JiH doing exactly what someone suggested he would do. :laugh:

You're a good troll tbf.

Ask me anything you want that only someone who was there would know then!!

rudi must stay

Poor management. He's put pressure on himself to get a good one, hopefully he has some one with a good CV lined up

Howdy Doody Jambo

When Cathro came in we had a team that had a system, it was settled, it only needed fine tuning

It's now carnage

Hearts007
Jambo_in_Hamilton, on 08 May 2017 - 9:57 PM, said:

Jon Daly spoke well... but didn't hear from the other coaches

your fairly getting grilled here

A fair number of posters on here piling in to say how pointless this event was or how any of the answers/explanations given are just propaganda. Fair enough if that's your point of view, but why post, post and post again to say so? Like it or not, Cathro is going to be here for at least the first round of games next season. A number of explanations and signals of intent have been given tonight. We can judge them on those in due course. And we can either be smug and say 'told you so' or we can be happy that we've been proven wrong.

Gordon Ramsay

Sorry but he can waffle as much pish as he wants, in fact that is all he had done for the last 6 months.

This is a results business and we are not getting them.

Jambo 4 Ever

your fairly getting grilled here

Unfairly I know

But happy to answer anything about tonight

jambogemz

Jon Daly spoke well... but didn't hear from the other coaches

Was there much anger or frustration directed towards Cathro?

Overall impression is that they have good intentions, they want to play a possession based game with the aim of retaining the ball in the final third. He showed clips from Rio Ave, Valencia and Newcastle to illustrate this, including a clip where Shelvey hit a wonderful cross field pass to which Cathro made a joke that they tried to sign him but he asked for ?85k a week and a McDonald's. The point was made that Leicester and Chelsea have both won the BPL by playing a style which conceeds possession to the opposition, but this was dismissed by MacPhee as short termism.

Aaron Hughes has been brought in because he's a huge influence on the young players. Recruitment in the summer will focus on players with experience of the British leagues with the ultimate aim of restoring a sense of identity to the team.

My impression of them as men was that Cathro is a slightly awkward but very bright guy whereas MacPhee was much more comfortable in this platform.

A good night overall but very much a case of talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words.

Nah not having that. Standing by his players that he signed would be normal behaviour for a manager regardless of whether or not we could see through it. But slagging them off to try and win fans over is cowardly to say the least. Absolute cretin of a man who I really wish had absolutely nothing to do with our club.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

When Cathro came in we had a team that had a system, it was settled, it only needed fine tuning

It's now carnage

Moments silence next home game? :D

Bowmans_Boot

That was MacPhee who joked about the left backs, no?

How very mature of you... why did you not go? It was a decent night

I live in France.

You live in Hamilton. Apparently

Jambo 4 Ever

Was there much anger or frustration directed towards Cathro?

After the first few questions read out by Scott... some people were clearly frustrated / angry and shouted out their own questions... some just asked why won't he do something about it... or asked about the goalkeeper when he didn't mention it as one of the positions they were looking at.

And at one point when it could have got a bit heated... everyone clapped and Scott moved swiftly on to the next written question

Archived