Meet the Management event

RS86

Stephane Grappelli

I can easily see this nonsense being cancelled

It'll be carnage otherwise

Hopefully not. Guardiola, Mourinho, Allegri and Simeone have already booked their travel and accommodation to come and pick up some pearls of wisdom from the master. It would be very unfair on them to scrap it now.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cuddledoon

Bet they are really regretting having to do this now.

Giving a presentation on your tactics/beliefs etc while having no evidence of it actually working...

I cringe to think how the night will go, as pelters are thrown their way

I think that there are going to be a lot of very disappointed people as they are assuming that they will be able to "throw pelters", whereas the way I read it, Scott Wilson will ask (pre-arranged) questions, after the presentation itself. I doubt that (any, many) random questions will be allowed from the floor!

Jambos_1874

People do realise that this is to raise funds for the new stand, right? So, suggesting that it'll be/should be cancelled is ludicrous.

At least go along and hear what they have to say. Who knows, when we get new non-shite playing personnel in we may do well under Cathro. Or not.

Jambo 4 Ever

Won't be cancelled

I'm looking forward to it

Will be good to hear his side of things

Ivan Drago

Charging fans to watch a presentation from our worst ever manager is a bigger farce than anything that happened under Romanov

jimmy the jambo

Can someone ask why our players are getting caught out constantly with 'foul' throws - surely a coach should be able to show them what to do?

Also like to know why do we send two players for a corner kick & the ball goes into the box ,waste of a player & no one near the opposition goalie either.....arghhhhhhhhhh

Is it a Q&A or a presentation? I'm going to this tomorrow either way.

Is it a Q&A or a presentation? I'm going to this tomorrow either way.

Aye?? Well make sure ye give them it tight .

jambomjm74

This is a car crash and highlights the gap between the blinkered view of our management team and the reality... a "laptop" presentation from our worst ever manager on how to manage.. wow the hibs fans must be wetting them selves. Deluded doesn't even cover it, that's the greatest worry

MacDonald Jardine

Charging fans to watch a presentation from our worst ever manager is a bigger farce than anything that happened under Romanov

Yep.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Captain Canada

It should be cancelled I think but probably won't be. It's hanging Cathro out to dry when he's already under intense pressure.

He's been a failure so far but he's putting everything on the line by agreeing to this. If it's deemed by the fans that he really doesn't know his stuff, he'll be under even more scrutiny than ever. I'm sure members of the press will be there too.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It's going to be messy. I think it will be a bit raw tomorrow. Fair play for putting it on but he is going to have to have the gift of the gab , he doesn't, to appease most.

I don't blame him entirely plenty not putting it in but he's the front man and has made some exuberant claims.

Seymour M Hersh

The worst management in the club's history are going to reveal how not to win games :rofl:

They're probably not the worst management we've ever had to be fair. 

Nelly Terraces

I actually thought this farce was free - but charging 15 quid to listen to these utter losers. GUFFAW. :laugh: 

It's a perfect opportunity for Cathro and MacPhee to get the fans onside and restore some faith in the doubters.

The place to do that is on the big green grassy thing called a pitch.

Thought Police

Where's this "worst manager ever" patter coming from? Must have only been supporting the club for three years.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Where's this "worst manager ever" patter coming from? Must have only been supporting the club for three years.

Locke got better results with a worse squad. Must try harder

Thought Police

Locke got better results with a worse squad. Must try harder

Rix? Or the nameless folk who came after? McGlynn had half a team that had just won the Scottish cup.

Worst management team ever probably goes to the committee from 2007/8. Who led a squad with an annual wage bill of over ?10 million to bottom six in the SPL.

A squad containing Wallace, Berra, Neilson, Karipidis, Aguiar, Stewart, Driver, Cesnauskis, Velicka, Kingston etc to bottom six. It's probably not too far a stretch to suggest that properly managed in this year's league that that squad would challenge for the title.

highlandjambo3

This is going to turn out bad...............

First 5-10 Minutes, Cathro and Co have an opening presentation (call it a generic party line about his vision etc.....) and all in attendance will sit pleasantly awaiting to be convinced by his whit, charm and, tactical nonce on how he will make hearts great but, we are not quite convinced but say nothing.  At this point there is a wee voice in your head saying "so Cathro, why has it went so wrong then" but, you don't want to say that as all eyes will turn to the first "objector" so, you will sit on the fence and bite your tongue.  However, Johnnie is there and he's been on the lash for a couple of hours, he won't be sitting on the fence for long and, when he starts the lynch mob will be right behind him....................

As i said, this will be bad, the media will of course exploit it to their own (arse cheeks) advantage  

kingantti1874

They're probably not the worst management we've ever had to be fair.

Facts say they are.. And the have the best off field circumstances of any management team

This is going to turn out bad...............

First 5-10 Minutes, Cathro and Co have an opening presentation (call it a generic party line about his vision etc.....) and all in attendance will sit pleasantly awaiting to be convinced by his whit, charm and, tactical nonce on how he will make hearts great but, we are not quite convinced but say nothing. At this point there is a wee voice in your head saying "so Cathro, why has it went so wrong then" but, you don't want to say that as all eyes will turn to the first "objector" so, you will sit on the fence and bite your tongue. However, Johnnie is there and he's been on the lash for a couple of hours, he won't be sitting on the fence for long and, when he starts the lynch mob will be right behind him....................

As i said, this will be bad, the media will of course exploit it to their own (arse cheeks) advantage

That's why I was wondering if questions will be allowed. If it's fully interactive it could get very interesting.

Nookie Bear

Facts say they are.. And the have the best off field circumstances of any management team

It was laid on a silver platter for hem and they've blown it.

kingantti1874

Rix? Or the nameless folk who came after? McGlynn had half a team that had just won the Scottish cup.

That team was ripped apart after 190512.. We had John Sutton up front on his own.

highlandjambo3

That's why I was wondering if questions will be allowed. If it's fully interactive it could get very interesting.

Questions allowed/interactive or not.....................Won't make a jot of difference............. wee Johnny will be heard tomorrow night 

Thought Police

That team was ripped apart after 190512.. We had John Sutton up front on his own.

I did acknowledge it was half. Webster, Zal, McGowan, Barr, Grainger, MacDonald, Driver all remained. Only big losses were Rudi and Black. Stephen Elliott never scored enough so hardly a major downgrade to John Sutton.

I can't go but it's something I would have liked to have went to.

One thing I can say about Cathro, he seems the type that does put a lot of hard work in behind the scenes, this presentation should give some clarity to fans who are rightly criticising things at the club just now.

I doubt fans will go to this with the intention of making a fool of themselves and shouting abuse during the event, fans are still fresh from another game we've dropped points, everyone should have calmed down by tomorrow evening.

I would have been good to get someone like Michael Stewart in to question Cathro during this event, he's raised a few valid points when discussing Hearts on Sportscene, someone with his football knowledge and Hearts connections would know the questions to ask.

My opinion on Cathro is, he's had a difficult job to do, taking us over mid-season, losing so many players in January and having them replaced by so many players on short-term deals, it's difficult to balance getting results in the short term and installing his own philosophy onto the team for the long term. To balance this, I'd also say he has some good footballers at his disposal and he isn't getting the best out of them, players who have International experience, played in some top leagues, should be performing better than they have shown.

Cathro is going to be here next season, for that reason I'm getting behind him and the team, there's no point in getting on his back about results and performances and calling for him to be sacked, he won't be, surely it puts unnecessary pressure on the management and the team which will make it harder for the team to achieve results, at the end of the day it's all we want, the team to do well and win games of football. If we're all in it together, it makes their job a whole lot easier, which will make achieving the results that we all want, a lot easier.

This. Can you imagine if Hibs had a night with Pat Fenlon explaining how he managed to lose an Edinburgh derby that meant that much so spectacularly? Or how Butcher masterminded a relegation. We'd have absolutely ripped them a new one.

Just how arrogant can a person be? Oh come and let me talk you through my groundbreaking tactics that don't work. Unbelievable.

Funding the new stand or not i'd rather pay 50 pound a head for him to walk tomorrow morning.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

One thing I can say about Cathro, he seems the type that does put a lot of hard work in behind the scenes, this presentation should give some clarity to fans who are rightly criticising things at the club just now.

I doubt fans will go to this with the intention of making a fool of themselves and shouting abuse during the event, fans are still fresh from another game we've dropped points, everyone should have calmed down by tomorrow evening.

I would have been good to get someone like Michael Stewart in to question Cathro during this event, he's raised a few valid points when discussing Hearts on Sportscene, someone with his football knowledge and Hearts connections would know the questions to ask.

My opinion on Cathro is, he's had a difficult job to do, taking us over mid-season, losing so many players in January and having them replaced by so many players on short-term deals, it's difficult to balance getting results in the short term and installing his own philosophy onto the team for the long term. To balance this, I'd also say he has some good footballers at his disposal and he isn't getting the best out of them, players who have International experience, played in some top leagues, should be performing better than they have shown.

Cathro is going to be here next season, for that reason I'm getting behind him and the team, there's no point in getting on his back about results and performances and calling for him to be sacked, he won't be, surely it puts unnecessary pressure on the management and the team which will make it harder for the team to achieve results, at the end of the day it's all we want, the team to do well and win games of football. If we're all in it together, it makes their job a whole lot easier, which will make achieving the results that we all want, a lot easier.

We won't do anything with Cathro in charge. For that reason I'll take every opportunity to remind him that the majority want him to **** off.

Archie McBlarter

I did acknowledge it was half. Webster, Zal, McGowan, Barr, Grainger, MacDonald, Driver all remained. Only big losses were Rudi and Black. Stephen Elliott never scored enough so hardly a major downgrade to John Sutton.

McGlynn got Hearts to a League Cup final and narrowly lost to Liverpool over two legs. If he had taken charge this season after Neilson left I reckon he'd have done better than Cathro.

siegementality

Well said.

siegementality

This. Can you imagine if Hibs had a night with Pat Fenlon explaining how he managed to lose an Edinburgh derby that meant that much so spectacularly? Or how Butcher masterminded a relegation. We'd have absolutely ripped them a new one.

Just how arrogant can a person be? Oh come and let me talk you through my groundbreaking tactics that don't work. Unbelievable.

Funding the new stand or not i'd rather pay 50 pound a head for him to walk tomorrow morning.

I am sure this was Cathros idea right enough.

peter_hmfc

Lowest win record of any full time manager in the history of the club, worse the moncur, McLean, Mcglynn, Locke with a team of bairns.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C._managers

That is absolutely disgraceful. I knew he was worse than the like of Rix, McGlynn and even Locke, but to be the worst FT manager we've ever had, despite inheriting a club 2nd in the league at the time, and despite the fact that other managers had significant off-field problems, this is literally some kind of new low.

I seriously doubt you'd be alone in offering to stump up that cash if it meant he walked.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I am sure this was Cathros idea right enough.

2nd in the league - Neilson out!

Worst manager in our history - Cathro must stay.

You're one of the oddest Hearts fan I've come across.

Seymour M Hersh

Oh well if the stats say that.................. However they're nowhere near the levels of dislike I had for the likes of McLean, Moncur, Beith and others. Well not yet anyway. 

We won't do anything with Cathro in charge. For that reason I'll take every opportunity to remind him that the majority want him to **** off.

I'm not sure it's the majority tbh

Geoff Kilpatrick

To be fair, his shiteness is a good ticket selling strategy! :laugh:

Jambo 4 Ever

I'm going along and hoping some good questions will be asked of Cathro in the Q&A session

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm going along and hoping some good questions will be asked of Cathro in the Q&A session

Good questions rules you out then.

The Internet

Can someone ask why our players are getting caught out constantly with 'foul' throws - surely a coach should be able to show them what to do?

That's like the one thing I wouldn't put on Cathro. I'd expect 6 year olds who'd never played the game to know how to take a throw in.

Jambo 4 Ever

Good questions rules you out then.

How funny!!

Atleast I actullly attend games and pay money into Hearts in various ways - what do you do exactly?

Archived