Meet the Management event

RS86

I think its a really interesting event. Anyone interested in football. Really positive. And thinking in terms of Scottish football not just Hearts.

I understand managers keeping things secret. Not wanting to help the opposition. But nowadays especially with everything the fans do for clubs it is good to hear a bit more.

If Robbie had explained his reasons for doing certain things for example he could have had a better relationship with a lot of fans.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buffalo Bill

Just read some of the comments on FB that had a link to the story. A lot of fans losing their shit over this.

"ITZ A DISGRACE LIKE!!!!"

"IZZY GOANY USE HIS LAPTOP??!!!!1!!!" 

I remember the good old days when club reps, some as high as the manager, would go round the supporters clubs chatting to fans. Craig Levein was last Hearts manager to visit our club in 2004.

?15 to listen to Cathro/McPhee...?

I think for all the good the current regime have done, maybe I should just give them my bank details and let them just take what they need each month...

So I might get a more meaningful chat with her should I ever feel the need. You are a sad individual with your continual comments about other peoples intelligence. What does it do for you? Do you feel you are on a higher intellectual level than other fans despite no proof??? Feel free to answer once you have finished your latest dissertations. In the meantime here is a hint..intolerance of other people's opinions and only entering a conversation to be rude about others is not a sign of greater brain power.

Indeed

Just read some of the comments on FB that had a link to the story. A lot of fans losing their shit over this.

"ITZ A DISGRACE LIKE!!!!"

"IZZY GOANY USE HIS LAPTOP??!!!!1!!!"

You are not suggesting an intellectual divide are you?

I remember the good old days when club reps, some as high as the manager, would go round the supporters clubs chatting to fans. Craig Levein was last Hearts manager to visit our club in 2004.

?15 to listen to Cathro/McPhee...?

I think for all the good the current regime have done, maybe I should just give them my bank details and let them just take what they need each month...

The good old days have gone mate.

You need to move on unfortunately.

Bridge of Djoum

Sure Anne Budge will be quietly asking him the question if things don't improve!

*Ann.

FFS.

Bazzas right boot

Don't think the timing is great.

Maybe at the end of the season, include plans for next year.

There is still game left, if we lose a few, they are setting themselves up for the usual brigade and giving them more ammo to shoot them down with.

Don't think k it will achieve much tbh.

Throw in a "Best Of Eduardas Kurkis" DVD and a Conor Sammon meet and greet and I'm already there!

We over prepare for our league.

Get the ball shove it in the net is sometimes all that is needed.

Tactics are nice in the premier league in England but in Scotland. Get stuck in. Try. Find net is all that's needed.

Holyrood_Hearts

Tactics are nice in the premier league in England but in Scotland. Get stuck in. Try. Find net is all that's needed.

How do we "over prepare" for games?

jamboinglasgow

I think I have found the stupidest kickback post of 2017.

I don't care what they do unless they win games for Hearts, how hard they work or what their methods are don't interest me.

Can't believe the negativity around this event!

We're all pretty disappointed with performance and results, we all want things to change for the better, but do we know what these 'things' are? Do we know the actual root/details of the problem?* Perhaps this will provide some of the answers? Some might come out with more belief in what Cathro and McPhee are trying to do, some might come out more convinced that they don't know what they're doing but at least everyone that attends will come away with more knowledge and a greater understanding of Cathro and McPhee actually think! That's got to be a good thing?!

*No prizes for saying "Levein" is the problem, or "just try harder" that's lazy! (Although if information came to light in the event that could lead you there, fair enough)

I think I have found the stupidest kickback post of 2017.

Somewhat tongue in cheek however there is some truth that you can over prepare for the opposition and not focus on your own strengths.

Some of the best managers prepare very little for matches.

Our league is that bad that you can 100% look too much in to the opposition and over complicate what is still a very simple game - at our level.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Treat it as it is. A fun fundraising event.

We should be happy our club is trying to generate funds in a way fans can get something different and fairly cheap

Guest jonesy

Win games. I don't care how, but win games.

?15 to hear from two men who have contributed nothing to HMFC at this point in time is robbery. They should be paying folk ?15 to go.

They're nice guys, but haven't done anything worthy of our club so far, except one humping of Rangers. Unfortunately getting papped off of Celtic by a record scoreline, sleep-walking through a cup-tie derby against one of the shitiest Hibs teams in most fans' lifetime and failing to compete in at least 50% of games they've been in charge of makes me think that whatever they've got to say isn't worth listening to.

It's not working, and telling us what they do that isn't working is just ridiculous.

Guest jonesy

Treat it as it is. A fun fundraising event.

We should be happy our club is trying to generate funds in a way fans can get something different and fairly cheap

How about ?10 a bag of rotten tomatoes to throw at Levein, who is held in stocks? The stand would be paid for overnight!

MacDonald Jardine

While first and foremost being a fund raiser this has the potential to benefit both the management team and the fans. Fans might get a better understanding of what they are trying to achieve whilst digesting some feedback and suggestions from the floor.

Really?

Cathro should be perfectly capable of describing what he wants to achieve without people paying for the privilege.

I'm also assuming that includes actually winning games of football.

I'm not one to criticise the club for the sake of it but charging for an event like this doesn't sit quite right.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

Well people that mouth off on here day after day about how shite Cathro is.

They will be able to tell him to his face how shite they think he is

and share their beef with him.

I'm not sure anyone is happy with the form shown.

Whether or not you want to shout abuse at Cathro face to face is another matter.

Now people will be able to.

No they won't.

MacDonald Jardine

The good old days have gone mate.

You need to move on unfortunately.

Not to that extent we don't.

Why not a ballot of season ticket holders?

This smacks of money grabbing.

MacDonald Jardine

Do they know that other teams coaches could attend this and see what preparation we do?

Amateur

That assumes you'll get something worthwhile out of it as opposed to bland statements about their philosophy.

Guest jonesy

Not to that extent we don't.

Why not a ballot of season ticket holders?

This smacks of money grabbing.

Perhaps i8hibs' monthly donation was about ?100,000 and we're just trying to cover it? :)

MacDonald Jardine

Perhaps i8hibs' monthly donation was about ?100,000 and we're just trying to cover it? :)

Forgot about that.

Jambos_1874

Can't believe the hostility towards this event and to the management team. The purpose of this event is to raise funds for the club and therefore why all the criticism; no-one is being forced to go. For those saying that Cathro/McPhee haven't achieved anything yet etc, although results have been poor since they came in, are you not open to the possibility that they might actually turn things round? I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt and FWIW I do think they will ultimately be a success. 

I'm really interested in training regimes/plans in most sports and it'll be fascinating to hear what the players actually do in training during the week while we're all at work.

I'm itk and I've been told that the entire coaching staff including Levein have been flat out over the last fortnight practicing their note taking and note delivery. They've been flying around like confetti at Riccarton.

Expect a much improved performance in this regard.

Voice of reason

Really looking forward to this. To get to learn from two of the most respected young coaches [although not respected as managers yet] in the game for ?15 seems good value to me. As a youth coach, I think it will be a very informative evening. The fact that the entry money is going towards the new stand just makes it even more of a no-brainer for me to go. Both Ian and Austin have had incredibly impressive coaching careers to date, and been brave enough to try their luck abroad. These guys are good role models for aspiring coaches and well worth listening to. 

I'm sure this is the 21st Century version of " An Evening with Albert Pierrepoint". Talk about being hung out to dry.

The loudmouth arseholes that fancy themselves as football managers won't pay the money to go to this. They'd rather sit at home and rage about it, because "Cafro is killin oor club ken!"

The loudmouth arseholes that fancy themselves as football managers won't pay the money to go to this. They'd rather sit at home and rage about

it, because "Cafro is killin oor club ken!"

seriously do you think the club is unquestionable..especially in its recruitment of coaches where not one coach that we've employed has had to pass an interview

Nookie Bear

The loudmouth arseholes that fancy themselves as football managers won't pay the money to go to this. They'd rather sit at home and rage about it, because "Cafro is killin oor club ken!"

I would rather spend my time listening to someone who has actually achieved something.

Instead of paying ?15 for this, I'll pledge ?5 for every point we get between now and the end of the season.

Bazzas right boot

Ironic use name , you seem full of eh, your namesake.

Tactics are required for any level.

However, you can overthink things, tbh our problem, imo is more simple. Too many players who don't care.

Bazzas right boot

I would rather spend my time listening to someone who has actually achieved something.

Instead of paying ?15 for this, I'll pledge ?5 for every point we get between now and the end of the season.

Fair enough, others will find meeting and hearing from our teams coaches interesting, because they are with Hearts, the team you support and pay to watch.

Nookie Bear

Fair enough, others will find meeting and hearing from our teams coaches interesting, because they are with Hearts, the team you support and pay to watch.

I've no doubt it will be interesting to hear how coaches work, as it would be if it was any professional coach, but I don't fancy spending ?15 listening to Cathro talking about his Football Philosophy' while his team plays like a bunch of disinterested strangers.

Do any other clubs or managers put these on? Or is it just the really bad ones who have to try and justify their clueless-ness? Serious question with slight dig.

Cut The Crap

The more I think about this, the less sense it makes.

"Here is the process we go though which allows us to lose only 1-0 to Ross County at home, limit the mighty Partick Thistle to just two goals in Glasgow, and deliver an overall win rate of 25% in our first five months in charge."

They'll be laughed off the stage.

Voice of reason

This is a fundraiser for the new stand - it's the only reason we are doing it. It will sell out and raise money for a facility we all want and which currently has a financial shortfall. I cannot see the benefit of Hearts fans coming on here and, to all intent and purpose, trying to talk people out of attending. If you don't want to go then fine - what are you hoping to achieve by bad-mouthing the event. Is it better for the club that this sells-out or is half-empty?  

As Gorgie Road Eh11 posted, it is not compulsory to attend - lots of people will attend though, and enjoy it, and the stand kitty will expand. This is a good idea by the club and I'm really looking forward to hearing from Ian and Austin. Any person involved in grassroots football coaching would be short-sighted to miss this. This is a session primarily about coaching players - Ian has coached in big clubs in Spain, Portugal and England. Slag off his management record by all means but the guys coaching credentials are excellent, as are Austin's.

letsalldothebeattie

I like the idea of this event im sure it will be an interesting listen from Cathro & McPhee. Cathro was at the FOH plot ceremony I attended and he spoke very well about how some of his ideas haven't come off yet but we are beginning to see where he is intending on taking the team in terms of style.

This is a fundraiser for the new stand - it's the only reason we are doing it. It will sell out and raise money for a facility we all want and which currently has a financial shortfall. I cannot see the benefit of Hearts fans coming on here and, to all intent and purpose, trying to talk people out of attending. If you don't want to go then fine - what are you hoping to achieve by bad-mouthing the event. Is it better for the club that this sells-out or is half-empty?  

As Gorgie Road Eh11 posted, it is not compulsory to attend - lots of people will attend though, and enjoy it, and the stand kitty will expand. This is a good idea by the club and I'm really looking forward to hearing from Ian and Austin. Any person involved in grassroots football coaching would be short-sighted to miss this. This is a session primarily about coaching players - Ian has coached in big clubs in Spain, Portugal and England. Slag off his management record by all means but the guys coaching credentials are excellent, as are Austin's.

As in your name you are correct. The thread became a waste of time however when the usual fellow fans were using it as a way of insulting those with doubts as to the management talents of our coaches. You are spot on about how it may well greatly appeal to those involved in coaching and as it is about fund raising I hope it is a success.

Nookie Bear

Cannot disagree with that and I doubt anyone would challenge Cathro's coaching credentials.

If it's taken as simply listening to a good coach talk about his methods, it should be a very enjoyable evening and I certainly would not try to talk anyone out of attending.

Just maybe a tad cynical about Cathro right now, and people talking football philosophies in general when they haven't had the results to back it up.

Enjoy the evening :tiny:

Archived