Meet the Management event

RS86

Lots of grand ambitions and ideas on how to play. Recruitment recognised as a major flaw. The Hibs defeat really resonated with the management.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did she have very blonde hair? If so I can guess who it is.

And she is right btw

No.

Geoff Kilpatrick

They are actively reviewing recruitment, including having a presentation by the scouting team from Brentford last week.

:rofl:

The Breadman's Moneyball group!

:rofl:

Any mention of hiding the goal posts from Brendan Rogers, stepping up, and we go again.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Any mention of hiding the goal posts from Brendan Rogers, stepping up, and we go again.

Or magic moments?

Gordon Ramsay

Cathro had the smackdown laid on him by a 12 year old girl who basically asked why Aberdeen, Celtic and Hibs are hungrier than us.

Well done that lassie.

Toxteth O'Grady

They are actively reviewing recruitment, including having a presentation by the scouting team from Brentford last week.

Why Brentford? Genuine question because I don't know anything about them, are they great at recruiting players?

Brentford are the team that only care about stats are they not.

That will be right up Cathro's street

Presentations also from the Manchester clubs. MacPhee joked about a stockpile of left backs as an example of how recruitment has gone badly wrong.

Cathro when asked how he plans to get the current players playing his style and what if they don't simply replied 'change them'.

Why Brentford? Genuine question because I don't know anything about them, are they great at recruiting players?

Very good in a moneyball type of way.

rudi must stay

They seem to good at recruiting good players who are good technically

They have a league one budget but compete in mid table in the Championship. They punch above their weight.

They've got a good rep for using stats to sign players.

Possibly why Breadman had a decent rep before moving to Rangers

Nookie Bear

Think they use a primarily numbers-based system when it comes to assessing players, and don't rely simply on gut feeling or watching players.

Hearts007
Nookie Bear, on 08 May 2017 - 8:57 PM, said:

Think they use a primarily numbers-based system when it comes to assessing players, and don't rely simply on gut feeling or watching players.

Jeez is this what football has become?

The impression that I get is that the plan is for summer recruitment to be mainly British players.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Can't someone ask him if he thinks this group of players should be 11th in the SPL? Because that's exactly where we would be if the season started when he arrived.

I suspect it will continue with easy questions, the hardest coming from a child. (Well done you!)

Dennis Law

Lots of grand ambitions and ideas on how to play. Recruitment recognised as a major flaw. The Hibs defeat really resonated with the management.

sounds great really looking forward to next season now!

The Hibs defeat really sunk in!!! Really ? Thank god for that cause what would our results have been after that if it hadn't

Apologies for being so cynical however I don't think I have been so hacked of with events on the park since the 1980s. At least these guys fought for the jersey unlike the clowns we have had playing and coaching this season since December. Fair play to them for talking tactics when they couldn't win the half time draw if they bought all the tickets!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Canada

Why are we only bothered about recruitment now? We've just wasted half a season based on lack of proper research.

There was no need to sign 9 players in January. We chose to let Rossi, Ozturk, Muirhead etc leave permanently or on loan.

Only Hughes and Isma have improved the team in any way from Neilson's tenure.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Oh come on! YouTube highlights work perfectly!

:look:

Hearts007
Martin_T, on 08 May 2017 - 9:00 PM, said:

The impression that I get is that the plan is for summer recruitment to be mainly British players.

Jih will be delighted

jamboinglasgow

Presentations also from the Manchester clubs. MacPhee joked about a stockpile of left backs as an example of how recruitment has gone badly wrong.

Cathro when asked how he plans to get the current players playing his style and what if they don't simply replied 'change them'.

interesting that they get presentations from clubs, wonder whether the ask them to come up or if clubs offer to go round talking things. One team I would want us to learn from is Southampton, they have a fantastic recruitment system.

But certainly sounds like a big shake up in recruitment, though I worry that it is too late to make a big impact on this summer

Recognition that the blend of personalities in the squad isn't right. Wants to recruit players who will connect with the club.

Toxteth O'Grady

I think Vlad had a similar system

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Brentford punch above their weight. A good club at the moment.

Cheers for the answers about Brentford guys[/quote

Pretty sure the owner has a stats company business also

Younger age groups in the Academy are the best the club have ever had.

Nookie Bear

I know.

I don't mind using data when it comes to fitness and recovery but it's difficult to apply it to assessing player quality (in my opinion)

They have a league one budget but compete in mid table in the Championship. They punch above their weight.

Yet they sacked Warburton in the championship playoffs? Aye so they have.

Hearts007
Toxteth O'Grady, on 08 May 2017 - 9:04 PM, said:

I think Vlad had a similar system

Maybe that's what's went wrong with our recruitment recently,,,we have used the Numberwang system

Sam and Calum both away, no surprises there. Wants to recruit players who will compete in derbies.

Heartsmad1874

Wasn't Brentfords recruitment success down to Frank McParland the guy responsible for some of the disaster signings at Rangers when breadman was in charge?

Hearts007

I know.

I don't mind using data when it comes to fitness and recovery but it's difficult to apply it to assessing player quality (in my opinion)

Agreed

Well, we have started with one 37 year old so they will be delighted with percentages.

Bazzas right boot

Sounds like a total rebuild.

Let's get oan it, get the players and then kick arses.

Sam and Calum both away, no surprises there. Wants to recruit players who will compete in derbies.

:lol: taking the audience for absolute mugs. Levein pep talk all over it

Wool being pulled over everyones eyes brillaintly played by the club here make it seem like all is rosy and we can fix this with a summer recruitment plan and sook up the fans arses at a 1 on 1 session

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cruyff Turn

Cheers for the updates, starting to wish I went along if purely for a nose.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Surely our friend from Hamilton demanded that Funk be made captain at this point?

:rolleyes:

Nookie Bear

Looks to me - based on these snippets - that we effectively have two Directors of Football.

No word about Jamie?

Sounds like a total rebuild.

Let's get oan it, get the players and then kick arses.

Starting with a 37 year old, a shite Slovenian and Martin on a 3 year contract whilst losing our best player and a talented young boy at the club ten years. Vive la revelation

Heartsmad1874

He had the January window to recruit British/Players that could compete in derbies.

Sounds like bollocks to me :thumbsup:

Talk is cheap. So far he has regularly promised things that don't happen unless he is talking the derbies with Edinburgh City?

Archived