Meet the Management event

RS86

Koolkeith

Calm down darling. What is it then? All the players fault? :suart:

Can you two take your wee domestic elsewhere.

I'd imagine tonight, folk will be impressed with what's said. Cathro will emphasise how it will all come together next season and to give it time. I guess we'll find out next season.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to hear from people attending about how well he spoke, how in depth his tactics are and how much coaching experience he has and in what countries.

The folk completely bypassing the fact that none of it works at HMFC.

The Comedian

Any updates from JiH?

It's going to be easy to confirm his attendance, that's for sure.

Quite amusing to revisit page 1 to see the change in position! I want him gone but I hope he manages this evening and the club make some money. It isn't the forum to abuse the guy tonight and I imagine unless he has no insight he isn't looking forward to it.

Bit of me misses the carnage that came with the Pieman.

God I miss that.... My hate for him drove me on each day.

If only the hate for the pieman had been channelled into energy it could have been an environmentally friendly fuel source that could have powered scotland cheaply for decades.

Phil D. Corners

Its all gone quite.

I think everyone come out and say 'Cathro will come good, Cathro is our manager'.

Then when you take a closer look you see they are dead behind the eyes.

All they do from this day on attend hearts games without emotion and constantly repeating 'Cathro will come good, Cathro is our manager'.

Geoff the Mince

It's going to be easy to confirm his attendance, that's for sure.

He didn't make it ,

Had an incident on the train .

Shame , as he sounded a really nice bloke .

Gordon Ramsay

Probably just turn his laptop on and play football manager, project it onto a big screen for everyone.

Possession, pressing, movement, space.

So he's covered how to take a shite

What else?

kingantti1874

Its all gone quite.

I think everyone come out and say 'Cathro will come good, Cathro is our manager'.

Then when you take a closer look you see they are dead behind the eyes.

All they do from this day on attend hearts games without emotion and constantly repeating 'Cathro will come good, Cathro is our manager'.

LOL.. Probably there no doubt the guy will know the game, but he can't implement his ideas and can't adapt them for this league and our players.. The lack of fight.. The weak surrender.. The players are trotting out performances which are the exact opposite of the statements he makes..

So he's covered how to take a shite

What else?

haha.....ground breaking stuff though. Possession, pressing etc....jings, I bet they never heard of that in the 80s...

Hearts007
Mikey1874, on 08 May 2017 - 7:45 PM, said:

So why aint we doing any of that?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Torn about this.

Part of me hoping something sparks angry scenes, part of me knows that a lot of people are there to hear a very good coach talk about how he does his job.

Perhaps there is a time and place to protest...and this isn't it.

Unless he winds folk up in some way, of course.

It's like an advertised train crash but when you get there you hope the train turns out to be made of rubber and just bounces back.

I have sympathy, should never have been made to run a changing room. Coaching is different, no worries that would be good in time but you need people with you to listen

Both came across well, probably MacPhee the more personable of the two.

My overall impression is however that the football they are trying to play relies on a quality of player that they will struggle to recruit.

My overall impression is however that the football they are trying to play relies on a quality of player that they will struggle to recruit.

What's the buffet like?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Nothing about creating a chance in 6 passes or something along those lines?

Jamboelite

He doesnt deserve to be shouted and abused so i hope tonight people will ask him questions in a respectable manner.

Remember the guy is here and trying to do his best, whether you think he is capable or not he deserves common courtesy.

amadjambo

Surely the key to successful football mgmt isnto get the most out of the players at your disposal. We only have to look at Aberdeen to see what can achieved when you do that. They play to their strengths not trying to get players to adopt unsuitable tactics and styles.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bingo. My exact words yesterday. A Valencia CL footballer has qualities we are unlikely to see unless I win a Euromillions triple rollover

He doesnt deserve to be shouted and abused so i hope tonight people will ask him questions in a respectable manner.

Remember the guy is here and trying to do his best, whether you think he is capable or not he deserves common courtesy.

If yesterday's Radio Scotland interview is anything to go by it'll be water off a duck's back for someone with his self confidence.

What's the buffet like?

Steak pies are nice, sandwiches and mini pakoras less so.

amadjambo

Bingo. My exact words yesterday. A Valencia CL footballer has qualities we are unlikely to see unless I win a Euromillions triple rollover

McPhee doesn't have that kind of quality at his disposal when coaching NI. He should surely know better I would have thought.

amadjambo

If yesterday's Radio Scotland interview is anything to go by it'll be water off a duck's back for someone with his self confidence.

There is absolutely nothing that could happen to dent his confidence in his own ability apparently. Wonder if he knows that the object of football is to win matches.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

McPhee doesn't have that kind of quality at his disposal when coaching NI. He should surely know better I would have thought.

International football I find is a slower tempo on big playing areas. Probably works better for them.

Tynecastle dimensions are going to cause an issue too where space is at a premium

kingantti1874

And if we manage to find one we will lose him..

Did no one have the balls to ask him why he thinks the team are not doing the things he asks or why they are not fighting to win games

Bazzas right boot

Maybe, but it's relative, we don't need to be Barcelona, but we do need players of a certain style and Culture.

Again, I think it all comes down to the Summer recruitment, if that goes well it could be very exciting, if it goes wrong  then simply put, they'll be sacked.

6 months after an unplanned change isn't enough to judge, however we do need recruitment to go well and for us to start well next season.

The form cannot continue into next season.

Hearts007
kingantti1874, on 08 May 2017 - 8:03 PM, said:

And if we manage to find one we will lose him..

Did no one have the balls to ask him why he thinks the team are not doing the things he asks or why they are not fighting to win games

or did anyone ask anything?

kingantti1874

Maybe, but it's relative, we don't need to be Barcelona, but we do need players of a certain style and Culture.

Again, I think it all comes down to the Summer recruitment, if that goes well it could be very exciting, if it goes wrong then simply put, they'll be sacked.

6 months after an unplanned change isn't enough to judge, however we do need recruitment to go well and for us to start well next season.

The form cannot continue into next season.

Unless you think we have the second worst team in the SPL you can judge fairly easily..

Koolkeith

I said this at the game Sunday that he should be adapting his tactics to get the best out of the players he currently has. That's one of the reasons Butcher got Hibs relegated imo. He has a certain style of football, but he didn't have the right players.

Bull's-eye

So, plenty desperate for it to be cancelled but glued to the screen gagging for information.

Lol

Geoff Kilpatrick

So, plenty desperate for it to be cancelled but glued to the screen gagging for information.

Lol

Just woke up. I was hoping to see an update from the man from Hamilton who sits in Guildford Jambo's old seat. Disappointing.

Jamboelite

Just woke up. I was hoping to see an update from the man from Hamilton who sits in Guildford Jambo's old seat. Disappointing.

He'll be putting together a post from all the other comments of people who went.

Tams bird

They are stuck up on the stage on stools like Boyzone...

Geoff Kilpatrick

Is Levein Ronan?

Hearts007
Tams bird, on 08 May 2017 - 8:28 PM, said:

Maybe Cathro will burst into a rendition of "My Way"

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He'll be putting together a post from all the other comments of people who went.

Still asking everyone their names

chester copperpot

:lol:

So true.

Answers back within seconds normally unless it's something like this that exposes him for the fraud he is.

chester copperpot

Doesn't answer my questions anymore.

Called me a phallus, once.

:pleasing:

Tbf it's the only time he has got something right on here! ;)

Updates seem fairly scarce so far. Apparently a young girl has just given Cathro some stick about our lack of passion, quality of player and our Easter Road display.

Cathro had the smackdown laid on him by a 12 year old girl who basically asked why Aberdeen, Celtic and Hibs are hungrier than us.

Hearts007
SteauaNeedarest, on 08 May 2017 - 8:45 PM, said:

Updates seem fairly scarce so far. Apparently a young girl has just given Cathro some stick about our lack of passion, quality of player and our Easter Road display.

Is she from Hamilton?

They are actively reviewing recruitment, including having a presentation by the scouting team from Brentford last week.

Did she have very blonde hair? If so I can guess who it is.

And she is right btw

1971fozzy

Cathro had the smackdown laid on him by a 12 year old girl who basically asked why Aberdeen, Celtic and Hibs are hungrier than us.

Good on her

Geoff Kilpatrick

Can she take charge at Ibrox? She couldn't do any worse.

chester copperpot

They are actively reviewing recruitment, including having a presentation by the scouting team from Brentford last week.

Brentford are the team that only care about stats are they not.

That will be right up Cathro's street

Archived