Meet the Management event

RS86

I see there is an event being held in 2 weeks where Cathro and McPhee will give a detailed presentation in training, how we set up and prepare for matches and video analysis. ?15 for tickets.

Would be pretty interesting I reckon. Wonder if this will help people believe more in Cathro and his plans as he certainly has his doubters.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well up for this. Gonna try and book off work early to go. Should be very interesting and gives Cathro a great chance to show people what it is he does and his ideas for the future.

Unknown user

It would be great if they could broadcast it on the website too, I'm sure there are a lot who want to believe.

I read something from the rangers manager yesterday which I thought was really interesting. Not tactical as such, more of an aggression move to put them on the front foot. For all I've heard from Cathro, I haven't heard anything like this yet

We have a principle and this week I am going to work on it a lot - we call it the 10 second principle. If you start with the ball or your opponents start with it then you need to create some sort of danger within the 10 seconds.

The ball must be closer to the opponent?s goal or if the ball starts with the opponent then you must recover the ball within the 10 seconds

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-4448812/Rangers-boss-Pedro-Caixinha-uncomfortable-shame-Old-Firm-performance.html

Nookie Bear

It would be great if they could broadcast it on the website too, I'm sure there are a lot who want to believe.

I read something from the rangers manager yesterday which I thought was really interesting. Not tactical as such, more of an aggression move to put them on the front foot. For all I've heard from Cathro, I haven't heard anything like this yet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-4448812/Rangers-boss-Pedro-Caixinha-uncomfortable-shame-Old-Firm-performance.html

To be fair, it's all talk and I am sure rangers fans will be quick to point out the gap between the manager's words and the actions of the players in the coming weeks, should they struggle on.

black stump

They have plenty of doubters, would be worth ?15 to find out what they (Cathro and McPhee) think and how they want to approach the game.

Unusual approach, but why not?

Unknown user

To be fair, it's all talk and I am sure rangers fans will be quick to point out the gap between the manager's words and the actions of the players in the coming weeks, should they struggle on.

Of course, but that's the type of thing I'd like to hear, it's our lack of oomph that's a concern more than anything for me

It was also be a platform for some loudmouths to make a total and utter arse of themselves in a more public setting than on here.

Over to the wannabe coaches....

Packed with those bald non-footballing coaches, dressed in full black Adidas tracksuit from Sports Direct complete with the limp and loud voice who think being a good coach only involves shouting nicknames.

Why should the management go out their way to explain how they do things?

Get results on the park and no one will care.

Looks like a desperate effort to get people onside and believe in what they do. To let people see they know what they are doing.

Sorry to be cynical.

You haven't heard Cathro say anything about playing on the front foot and getting attacks going more quickly?

One word

LIAR.

BobbyJenkins

You haven't heard Cathro say anything about playing on the front foot and getting attacks going more quickly?

One word

LIAR.

I've read him say something similar several times.

This will be funny to see all those with the know how telling the management team how to do it!

"Just dinnae over complicate it" ... dearie me.

Morgaro Gomis

Of course, but that's the type of thing I'd like to hear, it's our lack of oomph that's a concern more than anything for me

Not quite the same, but did MacPhee (or Cathro), not say that he feels that there should be no more than 6 passes before a chance? Pretty similar statements, I think.

Nookie Bear

I'd like to start seeing it on the pitch.

Cathro and McPhee could stand up and sing Proclaimers songs for all I care, if they actually start to get the team playing the way they keep promising.

Having travelled and paid to watch the games that is where I want to see the evidence that they have spotted the weaknesses in other teams etc. It appears that other coaches have done the same when playing us. This is fund raising and  trying to get the fans onside. Do both by getting results on the park. The usual suspects calling fans who are not yet convinced by Cathro names = tiresome. A duff surgeon could explain to a lay person what he knows and they would be impressed. Successful operation however is what the patient wants. Some of the posters on here could however go along open mouthed in admiration if that is what floats their boat.

Just because you criticise the management team doesn't mean you think you can do the job better.

Anyway, talk is cheap. A 30minute power point presentation for ?15 isn't going to do **** all. Get us winning matches, that's all we care about!!

Woah woah!!! Calm the jets for a second................................................we have a management team?

Morgaro Gomis

Having travelled and paid to watch the games that is where I want to see the evidence that they have spotted the weaknesses in other teams etc. It appears that other coaches have done the same when playing us. This is fund raising and trying to get the fans onside. Do both by getting results on the park. The usual suspects calling fans who are not yet convinced by Cathro names = tiresome. A duff surgeon could explain to a lay person what he knows and they would be impressed. Successful operation however is what the patient wants. Some of the posters on here could however go along open mouthed in admiration if that is what floats their boat.

Whilst I agree with you - the people calling Cathro/MacPhee names are equally tiresome.

You can have a point of view, and put it across, which is different from others without resorting to name-calling. It's really quite simple.

Just because you criticise the management team doesn't mean you think you can do the job better.

Anyway, talk is cheap. A 30minute power point presentation for ?15 isn't going to do **** all. Get us winning matches, that's all we care about!!

Indeed! By some peoples posts on here you can only be critical of a player if you could play better. Just people thinking they are point scoring.

indianajones

?15 for a presentation on Cathros footballing theory which will be interesting to hear.

What won't be discussed is his inability to execute said theory.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

?15 for a presentation on Cathros footballing theory which will be interesting to hear.

Wonder how he'll cope addressing the ego's and personalities in the room.

I think it would be pretty interesting to listen to and will no doubt sell out. Cathro and MacPhee wouldn't have agreed to it if they didn't think they could handle/want to face any criticism.

It will if a loudmouth pitches up and asks him.

Wonder how he'll cope addressing the ego's and personalities in the room.

No doubt it will be difficult

That's said his job isn't to debate with loudmouth ******* fans.

While first and foremost being a fund raiser this has the potential to benefit both the management team and the fans.  Fans might get a better understanding of what they are trying to achieve whilst digesting some feedback and suggestions from the floor.   

It will if a loudmouth pitches up and asks him.

Sure Anne Budge will be quietly asking him the question if things don't improve!

While first and foremost being a fund raiser this has the potential to benefit both the management team and the fans.  Fans might get a better understanding of what they are trying to achieve whilst digesting some feedback and suggestions from the floor.   

Aye, hopefully give Cathro a bit of breathing room from his critics and allow him to explain to the general fan base what specifically he want to achieve.

Hope someone can take notes :)

Cut The Crap

Fair play to them. It's certainly a bold endeavor given the abject performances his team is producing on the pitch.

although what is to stop 'spies' from other clubs coming along to find out more

At the moment there isn't much to find out.. their teamtalks are probably "put in a bit more effort and you'll win."

Sounds pretty turgid, and I am only interested in the practical output of our management team.

However, it all raises money for the club, and if folk are interested in it, then why not?

The Treasurer

Woah woah!!! Calm the jets for a second................................................we have a management team?

If you didn't know that, then who the feck have you been slagging off for the past 5 months ?????????????    :stunned:

If you didn't know that, then who the feck have you been slagging off for the past 5 months ?????????????    :stunned:

touche

I love it when Jammy T is desperate for a fight but everyone ignores him! Desperate!

Well first of all you were the first post after mine after just 4 minutes so, timing you sad old fool.

Second, I am not desperate for a fight as there is little worth fighting on here.

rudi must stay

I think it would be pretty interesting to listen to and will no doubt sell out. Cathro and MacPhee wouldn't have agreed to it if they didn't think they could handle/want to face any criticism.

Both seems up for a laugh to be fair to them. Could be a really interesting night

Sure Anne Budge will be quietly asking him the question if things don't improve!

I'm sure she will.

But she has a brain and a degree of perspective therefore it will be a meaningful conversation.

Harry Potter

Well it gives the loudmouths a chance to put their points across.

I imagine it will be a packed event

Loudmouths being, ones that dont like getting beat by ross  county at home, 1st time in our history.

Or ones like myself that feel we are not playing to our full potential.

Loudmouths being, ones that dont like getting beat by ross county at home, 1st time in our history.

Or ones like myself that feel we are not playing to our full potential.

Well people that mouth off on here day after day about how shite Cathro is.

They will be able to tell him to his face how shite they think he is

and share their beef with him.

I'm not sure anyone is happy with the form shown.

Whether or not you want to shout abuse at Cathro face to face is another matter.

Now people will be able to.

I'm sure she will.

But she has a brain and a degree of perspective therefore it will be a meaningful conversation.

So I might get a more meaningful chat with her should I ever feel the need. You are a sad individual with your continual comments about other peoples intelligence. What does it do for you? Do you feel you are on a higher intellectual level than other fans despite no proof??? Feel free to answer once you have finished your latest dissertations. In the meantime here is a hint..intolerance of other people's opinions and only entering a conversation to be rude about others is not a sign of greater brain power.

Unknown user

Not quite the same, but did MacPhee (or Cathro), not say that he feels that there should be no more than 6 passes before a chance? Pretty similar statements, I think.

Fair enough, I stand corrected

although what is to stop 'spies' from other clubs coming along to find out more

Who cares? If they've paid their ?15 then they've contributed to the new stand. 

Archived