Meet the Management event

RS86

Bazzas right boot

The difference between Tommy Wright and Cathro is Wright has his team playing to their strengths. Cathro has a vision of how he wants us to play and is unwilling to change. Maybe Wright wants St Johnstone to play nice possession football but he knows he doesn't and will never have that quality of player. He has them punching well above their weight and heading for Europe.

Cathro signed players that were seen as fitting his style and in fairness they probably should have. They haven't performed but neither have the players that were performing well before he arrived. Djoum, kitchen, Walker, hell even Johnson was player of the month for November.

Sorry but we're not in a financial position to keep making big changes to the team. Try playing to the strengths instead of chasing a vision we can't afford

I agree a little.

With this in mind he will either be a success or continue to fail, if the latter he'll get sacked.

I'm optimistic if not confident we'll see not only players that fit his style but also of better quality in the summer.

Imo, his biggest failing was trying to change too much in January ( players and style), it was a gamble and it failed. He'll know this.

I'm happy he's trying to get us playing proper Football, I also thought the football purests in our support who had enough of our previous manager and the eye bleeding Football would also be supportive of this philosophy and at least give Cathro a proper transfer window.

Recruitment must be better, results have to be good from the off.

He's staying, for now. I'm choosing to support him and the team, but results next year must improve.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Colonel Kurtz

Just saw the photo

What a bunch of scruffs looks like the waiting room in a magaluf clap clinic on a monday morning

Was intrigued to see what we are supposed to be learning from how Brentford scout players.  Wondered why we were getting them in and what was in it for Brentford.

Assuming that this was by their chief scout, it looks like we have been presented to by a company leeching off sports betters with 'analysis'.

http://www.smartodds.co.uk/

Forza Cuore

Just saw the photo

What a bunch of scruffs looks like the waiting room in a magaluf clap clinic on a monday morning

The management or the attendees?

BobbyJenkins

Sounds like an informative evening. 2nd place... aye ok. Context, patience and perspective. Some should try them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jambof3tornado

Glad i wasn't there because i'd just be getting more and more angry as the night went on listening to excuses as well as we're looking at this and that.

All the fans need to know is what they witness on the park. You can get too much information that distracts you from the real problem that being Levein and Cathro have lost the plot. They don't know what they are doing. They have to go ......simple as that.

Amazed you didnt bust a gut to attend so you could get your points across.

Jambo 4 Ever

How many turned up? Just wondering how much was raised at ?15 a head.

Was told last last night, around 280 people...

Walter Bishop

Reading some of the posts on here and some of the stuff I've seen on twitter it appears we have some of the most delusional easily led fans on the planet!

Was this a brainwashing event??

Jambo 4 Ever

Reading some of the posts on here and some of the stuff I've seen on twitter it appears we have some of the most delusional easily led fans on the planet!

Like it or not, They are here to stay for now... and importantly - actually want to be here! So as fans, we should support them for now imo

Bungalow Bill

Dear oh dear.

5 wins in 23 and you are influenced by a presentation.

They had pies!

japanjambo

How many turned up? Just wondering how much was raised at ?15 a head.

A sellout. 300, I think.

It was a good plan tbh, they'll know how easily led and gullable fans are so a nice wee chat about how we're going to be much better next season and recruit players who can compete in derbies etc can buy you another season, folk then forget how much of a shambles the reality is until it all starts again and oh wait, we're still absolute pish...

Bungalow Bill

I did enjoy Macphee putting the 'football expert' guy in his place when he said 'Goncalves is not s finisher'.

Jambo 4 Ever

I did enjoy Macphee putting the 'football expert' guy in his place when he said 'Goncalves is not s finisher'.

Yeah that was good..: they handled the loudmouths quite well I though overall

I thoroughly enjoyed tonight.

Ian and Austin both came across as very confident and focussed about the way we will/should play. Not once did they shy away from questions about the results and performances. Both accepted that they were responsible. They did suggest that some of the players did not have the correct attitude and would be gone.

I will definitely pay closer attention to how we play in future.

Recruitment was focused on quite a bit. Both recognised the big issues with the left back position being highlighted in particular.

AM was clear when he talked about new signings and said they would be "more Jock McTavish than Michal Gorbachov"

Honestly, if you weren't there tonight please don't make stupid and false statements about what was said!

Hold on a minute.  There are posters on here who weren't there last night who are saying that Cathro/MacPhee just blamed the players.  Surely these posters who weren't there can't all be wrong?

Interesting reflections from the folk who were actually there last night. Seems that most were quite positive about what they heard.

The quality of the signings during the summer will really define what's going on inside the club. I hope to god that it's better than most who came in during the January window.

Jambo 4 Ever

Ian and Austin both came across as very confident and focussed about the way we will/should play. Not once did they shy away from questions about the results and performances. Both accepted that they were responsible. They did suggest that some of the players did not have the correct attitude and would be gone.

Recruitment was focused on quite a bit. Both recognised the big issues with the left back position being highlighted in particular.

AM was clear when he talked about new signings and said they would be "more Jock McTavish than Michal Gorbachov"

Honestly, if you weren't there tonight please don't make stupid and false statements about what was said!

Well said

Howdy Doody Jambo

Like it or not, They are here to stay for now... and importantly - actually want to be here! So as fans, we should support them for now imo

i think the fans have stopped '' should-ing''

How can you justify this tripe

Bazzas right boot

Can someone Google Jock Mctavish.

He any good?

If we don't sign this chap, they can gtf. Broken promises.

Both came across well, probably MacPhee the more personable of the two.

My overall impression is however that the football they are trying to play relies on a quality of player that they will struggle to recruit.

I disagree about the quality of player. The type of football they are aiming to play is a pretty simple structure which requires positional discipline and movement from the front players. If the professional footballers that are at our club can't do it then they will be moved on. Unfortunately, because of the transfer window it's impossible for them to change that right now!

Five to One

This gives me hope at least, especially the comment about recruitment. Been a steep learning curve for Cathro and Co. They have to learn from this seasons mistakes and put it right after the summer. 

Well what was AMc response then?

This gives me hope at least, especially the comment about recruitment. Been a steep learning curve for Cathro and Co. They have to learn from this seasons mistakes and put it right after the summer. 

After the feed back from last nights meeting where are we on Cathro?

Are we willing to unite and back him into next season, or is the damage already done and he needs to go. 

thegreatsd

Well what was AMc response then?

He used the fact that Isma has a better goals to games ratio than Robbo had.

Are we willing to unite and back him into next season, or is the damage already done and he needs to go. 

He can talk as much as he likes but at the end of the day it's all down to results and how we play.

Don't think there is any doubt that we would all want him to succeed but they need to start producing on the park and making the right signings to fit into whatever it is he is trying to do.

If he does that then I am happy for him to stay but we need to be making obvious progress soon otherwise he needs to be shown the door.

Bazzas right boot

He can talk as much as he likes but at the end of the day it's all down to results and how we play.

Don't think there is any doubt that we would all want him to succeed but they need to start producing on the park and making the right signings to fit into whatever it is he is trying to do.

If he does that then I am happy for him to stay but we need to be making obvious progress soon otherwise he needs to be shown the door.

Soon?

I think the next three games will dissapiont. Nothing is going to change until the summer.

eduardo.j

Can I just ask why after the stinker of a start they've had the club felt the need to charge us fans ?15?

Clearly the fans had lots to ask and rightly so, under the circumstances it should've been free of charge!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jambo 4 Ever

He used the fact that Isma has a better goals to games ratio than Robbo had.

Thought it was a great answer

Jambo 4 Ever

Can I just ask why after the stinker of a start they've had the club felt the need to charge us fans ?15?

Clearly the fans had lots to ask and rightly so, under the circumstances it should've been free of charge!

Remember, It was a fundraiser for the new stand, first and foremost

:humbug:

It was a fundraiser to help with the new stand!

Hearts007
Rudi'sleftfoot, on 09 May 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

Soon?

I think the next three games will dissapiont. Nothing is going to change until the summer.

Yep

Geoff Kilpatrick

The support are united in wanting a successful Hearts side. It's whether people have any faith in Cathro to deliver one. Personally, mine has gone.

Five to One

I'd be astonished if he goes before next season. Nothing Budge has said indicates this and it would be completely out of character in terms of her approach since taking over. Levein's position and the fact he was his choice makes it even less likely that Cathro will be fired. If ST sales are down they will be banking on a fast start and the fans flooding back. 4 away games at the start of next season makes this an even bigger challenge. 

Like it or not, we're stuck with Cathro until at least September/October imo. If results don't improve he'll either walk or be punted. It really is sink or swim. 

Nookie Bear

The support are united in wanting a successful Hearts side. It's whether people have any faith in Cathro to deliver one. Personally, mine has gone.

Pretty much this.

I so want to have egg on my face by the time we complete the first round of fixtures but I just can't see it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

One point to note. There's been a lot of blame put on the quality of player available in January. This is exactly why, in my opinion, we need to change personnel because there is nothing to suggest things will change and his successor will be faced with a January window as a salvage operation.

Livvyjambo

Bottom line is no amount if propoganda and gullible individuals last night threw up , the proof is on the park . I do take my hat off to these guys for fronting up to what must have been uncomfy at times

A distinct lack of ability to manage, organise , direct , motivate has been plain to see and is distinctly deteriorating week by week . Nobody else recruited these guys inc levein and to blame the actual jan window can't be right .

No doubt they will throw the youngsters to the wolf now over next 3 games and that will the next excuse to see them through to the end of season .

In January we needed a number of players in. They didn't want that but were left with that situation. AM did comment about Souttar getting injured so close to the end of the window and not having the time or info available to sign a replacement. It sounded like they didn't have enough time to properly identify players from when they were appointed. They made it clear that they are now prepared for the transfer window. I think AM said there were 2 ready to sign.

The bit about Levein is fair comment but it wasn't discussed tonight.

We were sitting second in the league and albeit our squad was abit thin we did not need to sign 9 players. He could have strengthened a couple of areas and brought in some of the younger guys to see what they have.

On a personal note what infuriates me is that generally most agree that with a couple of exceptions none of those 9 are good enough for us and yet at least 6 of them are probably going to be here next season and beyond.

Are you happy with that? I'm not apart from being a waste of money it means they are having to re-build a team yet again in the summer and start all over again which is always a risk.

Nookie Bear

I'd be astonished if he goes before next season. Nothing Budge has said indicates this and it would be completely out of character in terms of her approach since taking over. Levein's position and the fact he was his choice makes it even less likely that Cathro will be fired. If ST sales are down they will be banking on a fast start and the fans flooding back. 4 away games at the start of next season makes this an even bigger challenge. 

Like it or not, we're stuck with Cathro until at least September/October imo. If results don't improve he'll either walk or be punted. It really is sink or swim. 

4 cup finals and guaranteed one of those will be at easter road as well.

They inherited a poor team playing hoofball with several of the first team moving on or absent (ACON), 2 serious injuries to key players and limited time to scout and recruit affordable replacements. They know why the fans are unhappy and they are also unhappy at performances, they are fully aware that they need to improve results and quickly.

Hearts007
Livvyjambo, on 09 May 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

Bottom line is no amount if propoganda and gullible individuals last night threw up , the proof is on the park . I do take my hat off to these guys for fronting up to what must have been uncomfy at times

A distinct lack of ability to manage, organise , direct , motivate has been plain to see and is distinctly deteriorating week by week . Nobody else recruited these guys inc levein and to blame the actual jan window can't be right .

No doubt they will throw the youngsters to the wolf now over next 3 games and that will the next excuse to see them through to the end of season .

No danger until its mathematically impossible to catch St Johnstone imo

eduardo.j

:humbug:

It was a fundraiser to help with the new stand!

Listen I admire us hearts fans loyalty and the amount of times we stump up cash but charging the fans to turn up and question a manager who has gave us little to cheer is clearly ripping it a bit!

I'm also not impressed with the clubs yearly membership idea, ?100 a year on top of our season tickets which basically gives you some discount in the club shop and local restaurants, oh wait you'll have first dibs on match tickets for cup games though.

I can't wait for the 'sell hearts fans snow' when winter kicks in! I'm all for the club trying to maximise income but some of it feels like they are taking us for mugs and milking things a bit.

Bungalow Bill

We were sitting second in the league and albeit our squad was abit thin we did not need to sign 9 players. He could have strengthened a couple of areas and brought in some of the younger guys to see what they have.

On a personal note what infuriates me is that generally most agree that with a couple of exceptions none of those 9 are good enough for us and yet at least 6 of them are probably going to be here next season and beyond.

Are you happy with that? I'm not apart from being a waste of money it means they are having to re-build a team yet again in the summer and start all over again which is always a risk.

The youngsters aren't there at the moment. My understanding is that the under 20's is full of players who won't make the grade, they were plugging the gap from the years of neglect towards the end of Vlad's tenure.

It also seems that the current under 17's will be steeping up to under 20's.

Captain Canada

How has Hughes improved the team he was a nightmare against Aberdeen and is finished. To give him and most of the 9 he signed in January new deals is nothing short of a disgrace.

I agree on the others but not Hughes. He'd been out for a long time before the Aberdeen game. I think he's a good defender. Slating him on the basis of one game is hardly a measured assessment of what he brings to the team.

Macphee did make a good point that it took Aberdeen 3 transfer windows to build the team they currently have and that since then the signings haven't really boosted the team, yet people are judging Hearts on 1 January transfer window. Credit to the management for holding the hands up, they didn't anticipate a lengthy injury to Souttar, the players need changed but constantly changing a system that the manager wants to implement for the long term on the short term basis of working with the players we have, will not benefit the club long term and that's what needs done.

Big focus on recruitment, how the club will manage it and the type of player they need.

Another focus on Cathro thinking it would click sooner than it has in terms of results and period for the team to gel, but that's what we've got to work with. No hiding away from the left back situation, Souttar injury or the fact that Isma doesn't have a player to play off up top. The footballing ideas were put across to offer transparency between the fans and coaches to try and help iron out some criticisms. I found it beneficial and worthwhile and appreciate them coming out and offering an event such as this. I've been critical of him but a pre-season and a transfer window should help give an indication of his ideas coming in and the process changing, if it doesn't then I don't see him lasting too long.

Nelly Terraces

Forget appalling results, performances, tactics, signings - they spoke to a few folk in the Gorgie suite. YAY!

**** OFF.

5 players left (Watt, Sammon on loan, Ozturk, Rossi, Muirhead). To get money for Muirhead was good, and Rossi got an offer that met his contract release. Watt was pish (and is away reviewing movies instead of playing football now it seems), Ozturk frozen out for whatever reason and Sammon wasn't cutting it.

2 were involved in AFCON.

8 professional signings wasn't excessive given the thin squad and the number who left or were unavailable because of AFCON or injury.

Shame that their stop gap replacements were largely shite and/or uninterested in Hearts.

Isma was a good signing though.

Big summer for them if they are to get fans a little more on their side.

Soon?

There in lies the problem. We are showing no signs of improving with what we cuirrently have so we have an ever growing squad of players that don't fit what they are trying to do. This is wasted money which we could do with to complete the stand.

Levein really needs to be trying to move on a lot of players who unfortuanetly are still under contract to free up money to bring in the correct players.

I don't think too many on here will be surprised if we get zero points from our next three games. At best we might get a draw at Perth but can't imagine any better than that.

So that means we are going to be looking to the start we get in our first clutch of fixtures all away from home next season which will put added pressure on an already under pressure management team and the next question is how long does he get into next season if we are still not producing the goods?

eduardo.j

Remember, It was a fundraiser for the new stand, first and foremost

Pretty sure we all plough enough dough into this club and they are starting to take advantage of us as fans, you can't tell me for one second that they didn't know fans would clearly jump at the chance to ask cathro question under the circumstances.

And they charged those of you that went ?15 for privilege to do so, think about that!

The youngsters aren't there at the moment. My understanding is that the under 20's is full of players who won't make the grade, they were plugging the gap from the years of neglect towards the end of Vlad's tenure.

It also seems that the current under 17's will be steeping up to under 20's.

Why are Beith and Currie in the squad?

Archived