Meet the Management event

RS86

I thoroughly enjoyed tonight.

Ian and Austin both came across as very confident and focussed about the way we will/should play. Not once did they shy away from questions about the results and performances. Both accepted that they were responsible. They did suggest that some of the players did not have the correct attitude and would be gone.

I will definitely pay closer attention to how we play in future.

Recruitment was focused on quite a bit. Both recognised the big issues with the left back position being highlighted in particular.

AM was clear when he talked about new signings and said they would be "more Jock McTavish than Michal Gorbachov"

Honestly, if you weren't there tonight please don't make stupid and false statements about what was said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear. I'm still confident IC will turn things around and I'm actually looking forward to the new season.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bauld willie

I thoroughly enjoyed tonight.

Ian and Austin both came across as very confident and focussed about the way we will/should play. Not once did they shy away from questions about the results and performances. Both accepted that they were responsible. They did suggest that some of the players did not have the correct attitude and would be gone.

I will definitely pay closer attention to how we play in future.

Recruitment was focused on quite a bit. Both recognised the big issues with the left back position being highlighted in particular.

AM was clear when he talked about new signings and said they would be "more Jock McTavish than Michal Gorbachov"

Honestly, if you weren't there tonight please don't make stupid and false statements about what was said!

If they are responsible for our current situation, why are they still here. We are not a Cathro benevolent fund.

They scouted and signed the players, many of whom are internationals. If they can't motivate them, they are the problem.

Talk is cheap...

Nothing, is the answer.

Pretty disgraceful the mods haven't stepped in and made comment here.

Nelly Terraces

The only meeting this management should be at is with an advisor at the Job Centre.

Just Get Them TF.

If they are responsible for our current situation, why are they still here. We are not a Cathro benevolent fund.

They scouted and signed the players, many of whom are internationals. If they can't motivate them, they are the problem.

Talk is cheap...

See post #781, have faith old bean.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Day 1 - Boyds/media negativity

Day 2 - Some buying into it negativity after some

poor results

Day 3 - Runaway train of negativity without offering much in the way of reality (you probably recognise this one most if all)

Enough?

Another car crash of a post. Without offering much in the way of reality? There's a few finding it difficult to deal with reality and you'll find one in the mirror.

Talk is cheap...

If you had bothered to go tonight you would have heard how they were extremely restricted with January window, expensive for players from Scottish and English leagues and limited to those who had been released or from leagues that had already ended.

Edit: And they are still here because they need time

Nelly Terraces

Seems many cant / wont take a reality check , if you think Cathro is the best we can do then you really have a low opinion of our club.

The facts of the matter are in relative terms Cathro has been backed considerably in the January window, he had a winter break to get his metods across , he has a support network the envy of many clubs , and crucially we have players most teams below Celtic would love to have in their team

But yet not one player looks better for his arrival , we have no clear team shape and relegation form since he has arrived .

In 26 games he has failed ! we have failed as a club since his appointment week in week out ! his first excuse was the pitch, 200k later its the players are not of the right style meanwhile even Dundee have got more points than us since his arrival,

So onto next season it will be more excuses first up no doubt will be the run of away games at the beginning of the season ,

Next year Hibs are back , Celtic, Rangers will improve ,St Johnstone and Aberdeen will be consistent however with a lack of leadership we will be left behind with bottom 6 form

So please what exactly is the case for his defence ?

What is one thing we can point to suggest he is a winner ? a leader ? a manager who gets the most out of players ?

It seems many of the fans will accept defeats and passionless performance in the belief this really a reflection of his ability perhaps because he didn't get a pre season when in truth this is as good as it gets for him as next season all teams start on 0 points .

this imposter is dragging us down with every week and decision he makes, time to make strong decisions and move on !

BOOOOOM! End the thread here. That's it in a nutshell.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I see there's and even bigger troll going on now. This time it's not JiH

bauld willie

Good to hear. I'm still confident IC will turn things around and I'm actually looking forward to the new season.

So you are ignoring the last 23 games in favour of a one hour presentation...

Football is a results based industry and Cathro is now our worst manager in Hearts history.

What exactly is your confidence based on, as it can't be anything we have actually seen so far.

Reality suggest this batch of players he scouted is absolutely woeful, so we should actually let him try again....

Marooned in Sec Z

Good feedback from the guys who attended, much appreciated.

I may have picked this up wrong but are Cathro and MacPhee both insinuating that the players brought in during the January transfer window are not up to standard. Wasn't it them that wanted the large turn around of players to suit their new style of play? If so I have little faith that they'll get it right during the summer again.

Another point is that isn't this whole process a total contradiction of Leveins grand plan that he put in place at the start of his tenure? He specifically told us his plan to promote within was to avoid the large turn around of players a new manager would bring and that all coaches at the club would be used to our system and style of play that would be in place through all ages at the club. It would appear that hes thrown his plan out the window and let Cathro change the style of play and players.

So you are ignoring the last 23 games in favour of a one hour presentation...

Football is a results based industry and Cathro is now our worst manager in Hearts history.

What exactly is your confidence based on, as it can't be anything we have actually seen so far.

Reality suggest this batch of players he scouted is absolutely woeful, so we should actually let him try again....

I understand your frustration but IC is going nowhere. I've just got a feeling he'll get it right for us mate so let's see......

I see there's and even bigger troll going on now. This time it's not JiH

Care to expand?

Good feedback from the guys who attended, much appreciated.

I may have picked this up wrong but are Cathro and MacPhee both insinuating that the players brought in during the January transfer window are not up to standard. Wasn't it them that wanted the large turn around of players to suit their new style of play? If so how I have little faith that they'll get it right during the summer again.

Another point is that isn't this whole process a total contradiction of Leveins grand plan that he put in place at the start of his tenure?

In January we needed a number of players in. They didn't want that but were left with that situation. AM did comment about Souttar getting injured so close to the end of the window and not having the time or info available to sign a replacement. It sounded like they didn't have enough time to properly identify players from when they were appointed. They made it clear that they are now prepared for the transfer window. I think AM said there were 2 ready to sign.

The bit about Levein is fair comment but it wasn't discussed tonight.

Marooned in Sec Z

I understand your frustration but IC is going nowhere. I've just got a feeling he'll get it right for us mate so let's see......

Wish i shared your optimism. Unfortunately I've seen nowt in the 6 months he's been here that gives me any hope he will get it right. We've gone backwards at an alarming rate!

I see it's now acceptable to call anyone who prefers to stay positive a troll and or a Hibs fan.

This place seems to be full of bullies at times.

I see it's now acceptable to call anyone who prefers to stay positive a troll and or a Hibs fan.

This place seems to be full of bullies at times.

Usually if anyone voices any kind of displeasure towards us then they're called a Hibs fan so it makes a change at least, it's still tedious as **** mind.

Alma Matters

Pretty disgraceful the mods haven't stepped in and made comment here.

Embarrassing behaviour from more than one. Seems to be allowed for some bizarre reason.

Perth to Paisley

Another car crash of a post. Without offering much in the way of reality? There's a few finding it difficult to deal with reality and you'll find one in the mirror.

Respect your opinion ... but allow me to disagree with it.

My view of reality is that there was much wrong before IC arrived (look at away record for instance) he has been unable to instantly turn that around - that is without question but ..... sacking managers without giving them at least two windows is wrong in my opinion.

Takes time and support - not everything is instant!

He sounds like he is fully aware of current views and likely outcomes if it doesn't quickly change

Given a chance I believe they can do a better job that Robbie would have. (Starting point)

Come back to me at Christmas for my views then.

Stephane Grappelli

Sounds like he is saying everything he thinks we want to hear.

Exactly. He and the club clearly think that the majority of the fans will fall for it,

Respect your opinion ... but allow me to disagree with it.

My view of reality is that there was much wrong before IC arrived (look at away record for instance) he has been unable to instantly turn that around - that is without question but ..... sacking managers without giving them at least two windows is wrong in my opinion.

Takes time and support - not everything is instant!

He sounds like he is fully aware of current views and likely outcomes if it doesn't quickly change

Given a chance I believe they can do a better job that Robbie would have. (Starting point)

Come back to me at Christmas for my views then.

I've asked this before and I'll do so again.  There are people on here who intimately know (or claim to know) what certain players earn.

Based on their ITK how much do they reckon it would cost to pay off Levein, Cathro and McPhee as some seem to want and what effect would this have on our transfer budget for next season?

barcajambo

I suppose Paterson and Souttar should just have carried on playing through serious injury and Rossi shouldn't have gone back to his homeland with a lucrative contract (We got a fee and his contract was up at the end of the season anyway). In addition two of our players should not have been allowed to go to the ACoN. Add to that the temerity of Hughes to sign for us and then get injured. Cathro had no right to allow this as it unsettled the team.

Rossi is Brazilian not Saudi Arabian.

amadjambo

It would maybe help if the player actually looked like scoring.

Or if we played a system to suit their strengths instead of hanging them out to dry.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Day 1 - Boyds/media negativity

Day 2 - Some buying into it negativity after some

poor results

Day 3 - Runaway train of negativity without offering much in the way of reality (you probably recognise this one most if all)

Enough?

I judge Cathro on his results alone, which are pathetic. Giving him another season is a risk we can't afford.

3fingersreid

I judge Cathro on his results alone, which are pathetic. Giving him another season is a risk we can't afford.

I'll judge him on the results and performances , neither of which are acceptable

socrates82

Both came across well, probably MacPhee the more personable of the two.

My overall impression is however that the football they are trying to play relies on a quality of player that they will struggle to recruit.

This has been my worry. It's great to have ambition to play better football but you can't turn water into wine etc. Even the best managers usually worked with good players or were able to spot good players and fit them into their way of doing things. Clough amd fergie for example.

I'm assuming this will become apparent to Cathro as part of his learning curve - hopefully sooner rather than later. Not saying he's a potential clough or fergie by the way.

socrates82

Hibs fans would love us to keep Cathro you *******. Lunatics took over the asylum? :vlad-stupid: :rofl:

Same Hibs fans who lauded terry butcher?

socrates82

Nope, not having that at all. He is hiding and his role is way to great for that to be the case given how this season has been. I don't for once second believe that Levein isn't way more responsible than Cathro for the shambles we have become even if the latter is culpable and is admitting to a number of mistakes. DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL is Levein's title and the football side of the club is an unmitigated mess. Mass clear out is required as it appears has been admitted. he won't be getting any respite from me questioning him on a Hearts fans forum given his abysmal recent efforts.

Levein can't win! Give advice and be visible and he's interfering. Stay quiet and keep out the way and he's hiding!

socrates82

Why didn't you do the same with neilson? You were one of his fiercest critics and his results over the long term were excellent.

What exactly is your aim? Tommy Wright as manager - meaning levein is gone - and then you'll be happy?

3fingersreid

Same Hibs fans who lauded terry butcher?

A few of my mates who support hibs are desperate for Cathro to stay I wonder why

Governor Tarkin

I spoke to a club legend a couple of weeks ago and just asked what he thought of the football we were watching rather than the results etc...

He said that the football was better and less industrial than before but the players seemed confused at what was expected of them. He also said that the players really liked playing for Cathro.

I wanted Robbie to go when he did, time was up and the football was eye bleeding at times espically away from home. Whilst I am still behind Cathro I am disappointed in the lack of intensity and desire in the majority of our playing squad which is apparent when we watch us. Cowie and Walker are the exceptions IMO.

This is absolutely where I am.

Cathro can GTF and awe the daft useless f.....ers he's signed And if the plonker goalie is first choice next season we are doomed . In fact we're f...en doomed anyhoo . And for all you as...holes that wanted Robbie oot yer mental .

Get a plane for Cathro etc and I might clap .

Hendricks

Levein can't win! Give advice and be visible and he's interfering. Stay quiet and keep out the way and he's hiding!

Absolute bullshit. He should be the figurehead of our football operations as he is paid handsomely to be so. His silence speaks volumes of him as a person. Walking on the park taking plaudits (I guess any success would be a highlight if you were him right enough!) during good times but noticeably absent when the going gets tough. 

A few of my mates who support hibs are desperate for Cathro to stay I wonder why

Who the f....k cares what they wee wa....ers think .

Absolute bullshit.

Aye yer right on that one " he can't win " f......ken waste of a wage .

Governor Tarkin

A lot of you really are utter pricks.

This is without a doubt the most factual post you have ever made on here.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Why didn't you do the same with neilson? You were one of his fiercest critics and his results over the long term were excellent.

What exactly is your aim? Tommy Wright as manager - meaning levein is gone - and then you'll be happy?

:laugh:

If I was one of poor Robbie's fiercest critics then stop pulling out the shite that he was forced out!

Neilson's been done to death so let's move on.

Geoff Kilpatrick

This is without a doubt the most factual post you have ever made on here.

Agreed. And like the old saying, it took one to know one.

Unknown user

In an alternate reality a few daft wee Hibs fans, jubilant after finally winning promotion, decided not to troll JKB and just left this thread and others alone- in an alternative reality.

We'd all do well to keep that in mind and try to keep it calm and civil- all they want is a reaction, the smelly wee rats

siegementality

Jesus wept. You'd follow one of these wacky cults in America if you believe this pish. Your one of the problems here. Believing all this pish. Just how can you defend his record ? I could probably convince you in a pre rehearsed Q&A like this. Wake up for gods sake

Yeah, yeah. We'll sack Cathro and employ Tommy Wright and go back to the dark ages of football shall we. Sometime change takes a while to happen. When he has the players to play in the model and the results aren't good is when I'll change my mind. In the meantime I'll continue to be a forward thinker thanks.

Markymark

I cannot believe the amount of fans that have fallen for a slide deck and more words. It would appear he got of very lightly last night. Unbelievable. Week after week we have been pedestrian, out of shape, lacking in passion. I don't care what anyone says that can be sorted instantly by leadership (look McCann and Dundee) the guy is a weirdo, an arrogant imposter and doesn't deserve more time. The two of them remind me of a chewing the fat sketch on the touch line. I'm not giving a penny more until rid of them all. Taking the fans for absolute mugs now.

Jambosammy

I'm not falling for anything that pair say. Cathro talks shite, and those that were there last night will fall for it. The sooner he goes the better.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Seen it mentioned that we want possession football especially in the final 3rd. That's fair enough except we keep going back the way - often to the GK, who the just humps it up the park.

Our set up doesn't lend itself to possession with forward passes and we therefore spend too little time in the final 3rd.

I'm clinging to the hope that it will come good next season with a few new players and a decent preseason.

I suspect however I'm really just trying to to deny the inevitable reality that we will be easy meat for the opposition, especially with the first few games away from home.

Glad i wasn't there because i'd just be getting more and more angry as the night went on listening to excuses as well as we're looking at this and that.

All the fans need to know is what they witness on the park. You can get too much information that distracts you from the real problem that being Levein and Cathro have lost the plot. They don't know what they are doing. They have to go ......simple as that.

Bazzas right boot

Glad i wasn't there because i'd just be getting more and more angry as the night went on listening to excuses as well as we're looking at this and that.

All the fans need to know is what they witness on the park. You can get too much information that distracts you from the real problem that being Levein and Cathro have lost the plot. They don't know what they are doing. They have to go ......simple as that.

But it's not as simple as that.

After The Watershed

Yeah, yeah. We'll sack Cathro and employ Tommy Wright and go back to the dark ages of football shall we. Sometime change takes a while to happen. When he has the players to play in the model and the results aren't good is when I'll change my mind. In the meantime I'll continue to be a forward thinker thanks.

The difference between Tommy Wright and Cathro is Wright has his team playing to their strengths. Cathro has a vision of how he wants us to play and is unwilling to change. Maybe Wright wants St Johnstone to play nice possession football but he knows he doesn't and will never have that quality of player. He has them punching well above their weight and heading for Europe.

Cathro signed players that were seen as fitting his style and in fairness they probably should have. They haven't performed but neither have the players that were performing well before he arrived. Djoum, kitchen, Walker, hell even Johnson was player of the month for November.

Sorry but we're not in a financial position to keep making big changes to the team. Try playing to the strengths instead of chasing a vision we can't afford

Bazzas right boot

The difference between Tommy Wright and Cathro is Wright has his team playing to their strengths. Cathro has a vision of how he wants us to play and is unwilling to change. Maybe Wright wants St Johnstone to play nice possession football but he knows he doesn't and will never have that quality of player. He has them punching well above their weight and heading for Europe.

Cathro signed players that were seen as fitting his style and in fairness they probably should have. They haven't performed but neither have the players that were performing well before he arrived. Djoum, kitchen, Walker, hell even Johnson was player of the month for November.

Sorry but we're not in a financial position to keep making big changes to the team. Try playing to the strengths instead of chasing a vision we can't afford

I agree a little.

With this in mind he will either be a success or continue to fail, if the latter he'll get sacked.

I'm optimistic if not confident we'll see not only players that fit his style but also of better quality in the summer.

Imo, his biggest failing was trying to change too much in January ( players and style), it was a gamble and it failed. He'll know this.

I'm happy he's trying to get us playing proper Football, I also thought the football purests in our support who had enough of our previous manager and the eye bleeding Football would also be supportive of this philosophy and at least give Cathro a proper transfer window.

Recruitment must be better, results have to be good from the off.

He's staying, for now. I'm choosing to support him and the team, but results next year must improve.

Archived