Meet the Management event

RS86

Bazzas right boot

Does he get booed week in week out by their fans?

Probably not he's scoring, but maybe they do boo Thier goal scorers like we booed Sammon in the European tie.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He keeps playing Tzoilis.

He can't blame the players when this charlatan plays every week despite terrible form

Worst part of it is he won't be here past summer so why play him, he doesn't care.

Give me Beith in there any day and same applies to Currie who deserves a run.

As for Sammon, genuinely think he can be useful for us if used correctly, we played him as a target man when in fact he is better played less central as we have seen with Killie.

3fingersreid

Overall impression is that they have good intentions, they want to play a possession based game with the aim of retaining the ball in the final third. He showed clips from Rio Ave, Valencia and Newcastle to illustrate this, including a clip where Shelvey hit a wonderful cross field pass to which Cathro made a joke that they tried to sign him but he asked for ?85k a week and a McDonald's. The point was made that Leicester and Chelsea have both won the BPL by playing a style which conceeds possession to the opposition, but this was dismissed by MacPhee as short termism.

Aaron Hughes has been brought in because he's a huge influence on the young players. Recruitment in the summer will focus on players with experience of the British leagues with the ultimate aim of restoring a sense of identity to the team.

My impression of them as men was that Cathro is a slightly awkward but very bright guy whereas MacPhee was much more comfortable in this platform.

A good night overall but very much a case of talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words.

From that last years EPL winners and this years champions elect have got it wrong ? Oh to be that much of a failure .

Nookie Bear

So because our management team didn't get shouted off the stage people are now taking the stance that this "ill-advised event that should have been canned" was in fact simply some sort of masterminded propaganda exercise specifically designed to pull the wool over fans eyes.

Master puppeteer being Cathro who everyone regularly slates as being unable to communicate yet tonight pulled the masterstroke by being able to communicate so well he has successfully brainwashed a room full of people.

A lot of you really are utter pricks.

Cathro seems to have come to the conclusion I have - by and large this group of players cant play the way he wants to so they need "replaced".

I am sure he will have been much more open and forthright behind the scenes.

So as I have been saying Budge now has a decision. Give Cathro the only chance he has and change the bulk of the team with the required quality or change the manager.

Cathro wasn't shouted off the stage for the same reason you wouldn't dream of calling fans "pricks" to their faces: because it is one thing to hide behind a keyboard, it's quite another to do it in person.

Anyway, to your point, every manager in this league would want that extra quality but it is unlikely to be anything like he had at Newcastle or Valencia and he has shown himself to be lacking big time when working with lesser-quality players.

So the decision is quite simple really.

It would maybe help if the player actually looked like scoring.

You're probably right. My issue with Sammon going out on loan is he's generally perceived to have done reasonably well at Kilmarnock whilst at the same time Johnsen has been an absolute non contributor for us

Fan reaction to Sammon was shameful

Perth to Paisley

Do you really think Cathro deserves more time based on a PowerPoint? Seriously?

Been busy..

Yes he should get more time...and that is not based on PowerPoint or other snide comments.

Geoff Kilpatrick

You're probably right. My issue with Sammon going out on loan is he's generally perceived to have done reasonably well at Kilmarnock whilst at the same time Johnsen has been an absolute non contributor for us

Johnsen did contribute initially. However, he's another player who can't seem to play under Cathro.

indianajones

We turn semi decent players into absolute shite over night it seems.

This isn't a new thing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Johnsen did contribute initially. However, he's another player who can't seem to play under Cathro.

I'd say Sammon has contributed more to Kilmarnock than Johnsen has to us in the same period

Looking at CM, CH, CF and wide players.

NO MENTION OF KEEPER despite being asked.

This is by far and away the most concerning piece of information taken from the evening.

Perth to Paisley

I take it you don't actually watch us. If you do then I can only assume you are trolling.

Been busy

Season ticket holder since the 70's

Not trolling.- Not happy with current performance but willing you give him a (longer) chance..seen many worse teams

.. Can do without all this circus going on

Jambo 4 Ever

This is by far and away the most concerning piece of information taken from the evening.

He didn't say he isn't looking for a keeper. Just didn't mention it. He is hardly going to pick on an individual

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'd say Sammon has contributed more to Kilmarnock than Johnsen has to us in the same period

Probably.

Doesn't mean I want him back though.

Bazzas right boot

Johnson has done very little.

Sammon, although not the answer helped the team. Although like Sammon, Johnson's confidence must be shot.

The Internet

Clearly. But Sammon's real replacement Isma is vastly superior.

Perth to Paisley

If you ran a poll.on here you'd be lucky if 10% wanted Neilston to leave.. Cathro currently at 55%.. Would be higher if it were not for the hibees voting for him to stay.. Given his record I'm surprised it not higher.. In the real world, I don't actually know of anyone who wants him to stay..

Your miles off

Been busy.

I want him to stay and be given a proper chance - without the circus.

Poll on Kickback to bin Robbie was embarrassingly high as well.

Short memories.

CollyWolly

Who?

Scott or the Hibby?

I meant the Hibby for 'proving' he was at the meeting.

This is bordering on bullying. FFS leave the guy alone.

Dont get why he keeps playing the players he is basically saying are not good enough.

Personally I would empty the lot who signed in January apart from Isma who I think will be a good signing and Martin who we are now stuck wirh.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Been busy.

I want him to stay and be given a proper chance - without the circus.

Poll on Kickback to bin Robbie was embarrassingly high as well.

Short memories.

What do you mean by "circus"?

We never fed the fish.

Killie are feeding the fish.

The fish needs fed.

A fed fish is a happy fish.

He WAS fed!!!

He missed a one on one with the keeper in virtually every game he played!!!!

Bazzas right boot

He WAS fed!!!

He missed a one on one with the keeper in virtually every game he played!!!!

He wasn't great, but why you making things up?

He wasn't fed, Killie are feeding him.

Feed the fish!

Cruyff Turn

Thanks for the updates from those who were there, slightly gutted now that I didn't go tbh.

I don't know what to think at the moment, I'm not someone who's going to entrench myself into a position in which I'd 'cut off my nose to spite my face' so I'd be willing to come around if we see progress.

Ultimately though, no one is against him because they dislike him or anything personal, he is being judged purely on results and this is a results based business.

I'm glad he has acknowledged that he has had plenty of time and that Ann has certainly asked questions of him.

If he continues onto next season I think he has really got to make some shrewd signings and hit the ground running for supporters to get back behind him. At least we need to see significant steps in progress and players giving their best.

If he does turn it around and becomes the manager we all thought he would be then massive respect to him for it and I'll be the first to hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong. Problem is he wants us to play like Barcelona and we simply cannot afford the players with the intelligence and technique to play that way.

I'm certainly pleased to here that we are going to focus on building a new side with a UK core. It is certainly something we need, we need that identity, unity and a team that knows what it takes to win football here.

What we really need is answers from Craig Levein. About signings, scouting, whether he's backing his man and what the **** has he been up to that we need scouts from Brentford to show us some players.

Fair comments from Ian and Austin it seems, he needs to back it up now.

bauld willie

There is a clear realisation that things won't improve in the last 3 games. I was 'Cathro out' after yesterday, but I'm willing to judge after the start of next season now. That does not mean I'm 'Cathro in' though.

Dear oh dear.

5 wins in 23 and you are influenced by a presentation.

Toxteth O'Grady

Man Utd and Man City to follow soon

Quite a strong indictment of recruitment overall

That will be really relevant.

Look for one of Europes best players and chuck a load of money at him and his club - Easy

Clearly. But Sammon's real replacement Isma is vastly superior.

Sammon might have actually helped Goncalves. Seems clear that Goncalves wants to play from the left and isn't a centre

Why are we only bothered about recruitment now? We've just wasted half a season based on lack of proper research.

There was no need to sign 9 players in January. We chose to let Rossi, Ozturk, Muirhead etc leave permanently or on loan.

Only Hughes and Isma have improved the team in any way from Neilson's tenure.

How has Hughes improved the team he was a nightmare against Aberdeen and is finished. To give him and most of the 9 he signed in January new deals is nothing short of a disgrace.

1971fozzy

Amazing how many of the Cathro out gang still want him out despite not going to hear him - and the coaching staff - speak.

Personally I think he will come good and everything I heard tonight confirmed that. The clubs playing side was broken and Cathro and McPhee are having to fix it. At least when they do I'll have the satisfaction of knowing I supported them through the process.

Jesus wept. You'd follow one of these wacky cults in America if you believe this pish. Your one of the problems here. Believing all this pish. Just how can you defend his record ? I could probably convince you in a pre rehearsed Q&A like this. Wake up for gods sake

kingantti1874

No, the conclusion I came to was that the vast majority of people are more intelligent than you, not just me.

There are several different ways to deflect from an argument when you are losing and can no longer argue intelligently. Posting insults you can't substantiate is the simplest of those ways. There are other more subtle tactics which would probably serve you better.

Sammon might have actually helped Goncalves. Seems clear that Goncalves wants to play from the left and isn't a centre

Did Cathro and Nanny not know that when they signed him? Thought we did our research on players background as well as what they do on the pitch or should I say Grass in this moment?

1971fozzy

Dear oh dear.

5 wins in 23 and you are influenced by a presentation.

It's frightening

Deservedly so, he was utter shite for us Spence.

I foolishly assumed he would rattle them in for us as well.

loveofthegame

I want to believe in these guys, I really do.

But a gd management team wouldn't have this team playing 3-5-1-1. Wouldn't be making bewildering substitutes. Wouldn't be picking underperforming players week in week out. Wouldn't have the 2nd worst form in a diddy league over the last however many months.

I'm sick of shite being spouted by the players and management team. Talk is cheap. Stop talking and start acting.

Nope

Thanks for the updates JiH.

Some of the jip you're getting is well out of order btw, hopefully the mods will sort that out, especially the tedious one in France.

Jambo 4 Ever

Thanks for the updates JiH.

Some of the jip you're getting is well out of order btw, hopefully the mods will sort that out, especially the tedious one in France.

No problem

And thanks for your support

I might send a message to the mods if it keeps happening

jamboinglasgow

To drag it back to the evening itself rather than the same arguments that fill every thread, was there anything interesting said from the other coaches there (Jon Daly, Gallagher and (I think) Kirk?) Was much said about the younger age groups?

bauld willie

Can people please remember the reality of life at under Cathro. We have won 5 games in 23.

Whatever is said in a non football environment is irrelevant, we are a football team and judged on results.

Jambo 4 Ever

To drag it back to the evening itself rather than the same arguments that fill every thread, was there anything interesting said from the other coaches there (Jon Daly, Gallagher and (I think) Kirk?) Was much said about the younger age groups?

Only Jon daly spoke (apart from Cathro and macphee) and he said how there are a good bunch of young players coming through... some who are 15 or 16 playing for the under 20s already so will be a step ahead of others at a similar age in terms of their development.

And that they have sent a few out on loan who are not quite ready for 1st team

Deservedly so, he was utter shite for us Spence.

I foolishly assumed he would rattle them in for us as well.

Many were after him before the first league game of the season. What McPhee has seemingly said tonight echos what McCulloch said a couple of weeks back.

I'm not denying he was poor but imo Johnsen has offered even less. Attitude of Johnsen is rancid

Why would a Hibs trolling wankstain pay 15 quid to listen to another teams manager and assistant?

OK I'm going off topic here but what has JIH done to deserve the level of abuse that he gets on here ?

Hearts007
luckydug, on 08 May 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

OK I'm going off topic here but what has JIH done to deserve the level of abuse that he gets on here ?

Been wondering that myself, have I missed something?

Many were after him before the first league game of the season. What McPhee has seemingly said tonight echos what McCulloch said a couple of weeks back.

I'm not denying he was poor but imo Johnsen has offered even less. Attitude of Johnsen is rancid

Agreed re Johnsen, he's not the only one unfortunately.

Nothing, is the answer.

Wonder if Zanatta will be back in the team for the last few games...can we play him after his loan spell?

I thoroughly enjoyed tonight.

Ian and Austin both came across as very confident and focussed about the way we will/should play. Not once did they shy away from questions about the results and performances. Both accepted that they were responsible. They did suggest that some of the players did not have the correct attitude and would be gone.

I will definitely pay closer attention to how we play in future.

Recruitment was focused on quite a bit. Both recognised the big issues with the left back position being highlighted in particular.

AM was clear when he talked about new signings and said they would be "more Jock McTavish than Michal Gorbachov"

You can't break what was already broken!! Blaming the fans is oh so typical right now!!!

Honestly, if you weren't there tonight please don't make stupid and false statements about what was said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hearts007
Mort, on 08 May 2017 - 11:57 PM, said:

Wonder if Zanatta will be back in the team for the last few games...can we play him after his loan spell?

not sure..he scored in his last game

Perth to Paisley

What do you mean by "circus"?

Day 1 - Boyds/media negativity

Day 2 - Some buying into it negativity after some

poor results

Day 3 - Runaway train of negativity without offering much in the way of reality (you probably recognise this one most if all)

Enough?

Archived