General Election

Don Dan

Adam Murray

Came across this from a few years back.

Couple of interesting points, not least the claim to be able to work with Sinn Fein or the DUP.

What was more interesting though was his statement that whilst being part of a minority government it's always best not to reveal your hand, 'The people who play their cards best, are the people who didn't play them face up', kind of puts all this nonsense about wanting to know the Brexit deal beforehand, to bed.

Couldn't help himself toward the end with his comments regarding Andy Murray, and the least said about those portraits behind him, the better.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thunderstruck

Couple of interesting points, not least the claim to be able to work with Sinn Fein or the DUP.

What was more interesting though was his statement that whilst being part of a minority government it's always best not to reveal your hand, 'The people who play their cards best, are the people who didn't play them face up', kind of puts all this nonsense about wanting to know the Brexit deal beforehand, to bed.

Couldn't help himself toward the end with his comments regarding Andy Murray, and the least said about those portraits behind him, the better.

Well spotted.

David Torrance describes him as "hubristic" in this morning's Herald. It's not hard to see why.

maroonlegions

Well done May, like your election shambles you are all over  the place.

Her judgement yet again is more  psychopathic  in regards to the DUP .

17 quotes from DUP politicians that are actually real

In case you missed the crazy political storm of the last 48 hours: Theresa May's gamble didn't pay off, she ended up with a hung parliament. This means she's asked the Queen to form a minority government, and spoken to the Democratic?
INDY100.COM

Ouch !!!!

Wonder how fishy will try and spin that one.

maroonlegions

Tax personal allowance has increased bringing the lowest paid out of tax and giving us all more in our pockets.

That's pretty decent.

At what price.

The well off have been the ones who have gained sufficiently under this Tory government.

Taking away from those most vulnerable in our society to fund tax brakes for he rich..

The below stats are brutal, simply fecking brutal, just proud of my judgement that made me never to vote Tory. Inhumane bunch of self-serving sociopaths.

Some suggest that the numbers since have  risen.

Remember this james hunt a one  IDS. 

More than 4,000 people died within six weeks of being found ?fit for work?, the Department for Work and Pensions has admitted.

No wonder Tories didn't want to reveal their 'fit for work' death toll

Sunday People guest columnist Terry Christian says the shocking figures only highlight the cruelty of Iain Duncan Smith's Work and Pensions department
MIRROR.CO.UK

maroonlegions

Will May breach the Good Friday agreement if she attempts to form a coalition with the DUP??

Is she that desperate to cling onto power that she is willing to put that agreement into serious jeopardy??

She is now looking like  nothing more than an "all over the place" provocateur and now a dangerous one at that. 

Space Mackerel

Never mind the disabled, victims of rape, the poor, the elderly, the NHS, or EU citizens.  The UK is falling apart at the seams and all the "Scottish" Unionists can do is celebrate that the SNP lost a couple of seats.

They're a funny wee bunch eh? 

As 1 Tory commentator put it on Sky, ?140 million for a hung parliament and gave Sturgeon a bloody nose. 

And when it goes tits up... grab at the nearest life raft to save your own skin. It will put democracy at risk and ensue chaos... don't give a ****. Me me me me.

The Real Maroonblood

And when it goes tits up... grab at the nearest life raft to save your own skin. It will put democracy at risk and ensue chaos... don't give a ****. Me me me me.

It's all pretty discouraging and sad.

Never mind the disabled, victims of rape, the poor, the elderly, the NHS, or EU citizens. The UK is falling apart at the seams and all the "Scottish" Unionists can do is celebrate that the SNP lost a couple of seats.

No that all matters a lot. It really does. No one shoukd belittle that, but you need to separate the two conversations.

Why? People should be reminded of the consequences that accompanied a vote made only to spite the SNP.

If you think everyone that voted against the SNP did so just out of spite your as deluded as the fishy one.

Most people are sick fed up of ten years of SNP failure and abandonment of the Scottish system in their relentless pursuit of an independence the majority of the country voted against and an Indyref2 which even less wanted.

NHS

Education

Transport

Housing

All completely neglected by the SNP. Had they spent their time in Holyrood looking after these things and getting them right. It's guaranteed they would have returned many more seats. Yes they'd have still lost a couple maybe but I'd take a guess they'd still have had 48-50 seats.

The writing was on the wall already after the council elections. Some of the results and voting patterns there should have been enough to trigger a few alarm bells.

Sturgeon may be party leader but she is an elected MSP not an MP her day job is the welfare of this country as run by Holyrood. That has been neglected terribly to keep a minority happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Space Mackerel

If you think everyone that voted against the SNP did so just out of spite your as deluded as the fishy one.

Most people are sick fed up of ten years of SNP failure and abandonment of the Scottish system in their relentless pursuit of an independence the majority of the country voted against and an Indyref2 which even less wanted.

NHS

Education

Transport

Housing

All completely neglected by the SNP. Had they spent their time in Holyrood looking after these things and getting them right. It's guaranteed they would have returned many more seats. Yes they'd have still lost a couple maybe but I'd take a guess they'd still have had 48-50 seats.

The writing was on the wall already after the council elections. Some of the results and voting patterns there should have been enough to trigger a few alarm bells.

Sturgeon may be party leader but she is an elected MSP not an MP her day job is the welfare of this country as run by Holyrood. That has been neglected terribly to keep a minority happy.

Transport now eh?

You just make things up doncha.

deesidejambo

Why?  People should be reminded of the consequences that accompanied a vote made only to spite the SNP.

It was not to spite them, it was to legitimately vote against their policy.     Its called democracy whether we like it or not.  I could also argue that 37% of the vote does not deserve 35 seats but the fptp system delivers that.   Swings and roundabouts.

Transport now eh?

You just make things up doncha.

You can't can't disprove what I'm saying so wheeshed the adults are talking now.

jambo lodge

Shocking that the Tory party with an increase of 5.5% in their overall vote and 56 seats more than their nearest rival should form a Government. And the cheek of it to ask the DUP for support.

Thunderstruck

NHS

Education

Transport

Housing

Agreed but the writing was in the wall in May 16 with big swings away from SNP and the turning of a majority government to a minority version that is dependent on the Greens.

Did Sturgeon and Co pay any attention? No - and they got their just desserts last week.

Now we have Sturgeon deflecting from last week in Scotland by continuing to harp on about Brexit. The Brexit that she made part of the election campaign - a position that is supported by only 1/3 of Scots who voted.

On all four, absolute nonsense. You were caught out earlier unaware of devolved policies. Wouldn't treat anything you say as factual.

Nope I don't think I was caught out earlier at all see now your just being daft. I admitted I do not know what is fully devolved to N.I. Or not. Seen as I'm not living there I have little to no interest in NI politics or it's inner workings. Your daft fishy friend has been asked repeatedly by quite a few people to list the achievements of the SNP in ten years. He has failed to do so because he can't. There are none.

Now seen as your clearly in the stick the fingers in the ear and scream camp when it comes to talking about SNP failures I'll put you down now as another rabid nat who isn't worth the debate.

Radio Ga Ga

On all four, absolute nonsense.  You were caught out earlier unaware of devolved policies.  Wouldn't treat anything you say as factual.

How are all four nonsense? And as for someone who doesn't even live in Scotland preaching to the Unionists as being spiteful, you couldn't make it up!

Are you really trying to say that in excess of HALF A MILLION voters deserted the SNP for spite?!?

Independence would not affect you living in Belgium so you've got feck all to lose, me and the majority of my fellow Scots have a great deal to lose with the SNP's fantasy politics

Agreed but the writing was in the wall in May 16 with big swings away from SNP and the turning of a majority government to a minority version that is dependent on the Greens.

Did Sturgeon and Co pay any attention? No - and they got their just desserts last week.

Now we have Sturgeon deflecting from last week in Scotland by continuing to harp on about Brexit. The Brexit that she made part of the election campaign - a position that is supported by only 1/3 of Scots who voted.

All true.

The loonys on here are a fine example of why the SNP will not move forward. Ignorant to their failures in Scotland therefore unable to improve the services or learn from mistakes on the big issues, and stuck in this independence at all costs bubble.

Indyref2...... tick tock

doctor jambo

SNP could have proposed free money, no tax, the whole works, and still people would vote against them.  There is a percentage of the country (around 30%) that will go out their way to counter anything they propose.  Indeed, it's democracy, but again they should be reminded of the consequences that their vote entails.

same way that the Tories could raise minimum wage to ?50 ph and shower the poor in free cash taken from Amazon and google and the top 1 %

- and people would still be mumping on about how they lost their "free school milk"

Space Mackerel

You can't can't disprove what I'm saying so wheeshed the adults are talking now.

You're just making up nonsense.

I bet the sky is all black in your little fantasy world.

Space Mackerel

SNP could have proposed free money, no tax, the whole works, and still people would vote against them. There is a percentage of the country (around 30%) that will go out their way to counter anything they propose. Indeed, it's democracy, but again they should be reminded of the consequences that their vote entails.

Something like this?

8044ecc09e08a99325bb7d09afa46cde.jpg

brunstanejambo

On all four, absolute nonsense.  You were caught out earlier unaware of devolved policies.  Wouldn't treat anything you say as factual.

Direct from the Scottish Parliament Website - 

What are the powers of the Scottish Parliament?

Devolved matters include:

?      agriculture, forestry and fisheries

?      education and training

?      environment

?      health and social services

?      housing

?      law and order

?      local government

?      sport and the arts

?      tourism and economic development

?      many aspects of transport

So, The Don might not be absolutely correct due to the fact that some aspects of transport are not devolved - but he is more or less correct I think...

Direct from the Scottish Parliament Website -

What are the powers of the Scottish Parliament?

Devolved matters include:

? agriculture, forestry and fisheries

? education and training

? environment

? health and social services

? housing

? law and order

? local government

? sport and the arts

? tourism and economic development

? many aspects of transport

So, The Don might not be absolutely correct due to the fact that some aspects of transport are not devolved - but he is more or less correct I think...

:2thumbsup:

And on the 4 highlighted the SNP stats are appalling. In fact their failings are worse than the Tories failings on the same 4 issues in England.

Of course fishy just likes to shout abuse at people and refuses to acknowledge these facts. All of which are checkable online They're not a secret.

Space Mackerel

:2thumbsup:

And on the 4 highlighted the SNP stats are appalling. In fact their failings are worse than the Tories failings on the same 4 issues in England.

Of course fishy just likes to shout abuse at people and refuses to acknowledge these facts. All of which are checkable online They're not a secret.

So this transport gripe you have...fire away.

When the detailed analysis of Thursday's election comes out in a few weeks it will show where the Scottish Tory vote really came from. It will show that a large number of Scottish Tory voters in 2017, voted Nationalist in 2015.It will also show that a key moment in the campaign came when Sturgeon skewered Dugdale by saying that the Labour leader had told her privately, a year ago, that she would not stand in the way of indyref2. This increased the flow of voters away from the SNP, by increasing the level of mistrust in Sturgeon, but pushed them towards the Conservative party instead of Labour.

The SNP propaganda machine has been working it's little heart out blaming Kezia Dugdale for the catastrophic consequences of this ever since, based largely on an ambiguous interview published in the express. 

Personally I don't blame anyone but the individuals themselves, but to try and lay the blame for this at Dugdale's door is disingenuous to say the least. I really don't think that many people were listening to her anyway.

ToadKiller Dog

Maybe Ruthee needs to have another chat with her boss about protecting LGBT rights .

New justice secretary David Lidingtons voting record on gay issues puts him well in with the DUP .

Voted against Gay marriage ,against civil partnerships ,against the repeal of section 28 ,voted against equalising the age of consent .

Clearly a friend of Ruthee

No. You first. Answer our questions.

Are you really trying to say that in excess of HALF A MILLION voters deserted the SNP for spite?!?

ONE MILLION extra people never bothered to get their arses down to a polling station when compared to the independence referendum. If they had we could have had a very different result(albeit in either direction).

Space Mackerel

No. You first. Answer our questions.

Cmon, transport now, spit it out.

Cmon, transport now, spit it out.

Cmon spit out the SNP achievements in ten years. We asked first.

Space Mackerel

Cmon spit out the SNP achievements in ten years. We asked first.

The list of SNP government achievements is long and wide-ranging. After a decade of Westminster cuts, the SNP government is working harder than ever to protect the most vulnerable in our society and deliver the best public services anywhere in the UK.

Record health funding - over ?13 billion in 2017, ?3.6 billion more than when we took office.

Higher exam passes up by a third since 2007, and we?re investing record amounts in schools to close the attainment gap. ?120 million will go direct to schools this year alone.

Free tuition protected, saving students in Scotland up to ?27,000 compared to the cost of studying in England.

Free, high quality childcare has been increased to 16 hours a week for all 3 and 4 year olds ? up from 12.5 hours in 2007 ? and extended to 2 year olds from low income households, saving families up to ?2,500 per child per year in total.

We exceeded our world-leading target to reduce emissions by 42 per cent by 2020 ? six years early.

More people in employment in Scotland than the pre-recession high point, outperforming the UK on female employment and inactivity rates.

We?ve kept Council Tax down. Bills are lower in Scotland than in England - by between ?300 and ?400.

Prescription charges abolished. In England, patients are forced to pay ?8.60 per item.

We?re leading the way on fair pay. Scotland has the highest proportion of employees in the UK paid at least the Living Wage.

Over 60,000 affordable homes completed, with a further 22,000 households supported into homeownership.

16 and 17 year olds now have the right to vote in Scottish Parliament and local government elections.

To help protect jobs and businesses through the recession, we?ve slashed or abolished business rates for 100,000 premises ? saving small businesses ?1.2 billion to date.

Recorded crime in Scotland has reached its lowest level in 42 years.

Scotland, with one of the most progressive equal marriage laws in the world, has been rated the best country in Europe for LGBTI equality and human rights for the second year running.

We?re standing up for Scottish industry. We have secured a future for Scottish steel, the last remaining aluminium smelter at Lochaber, and Ferguson shipyard too.

A healthier Scotland

The number of nurses, doctors and dentists working in Scotland?s NHS has increased. Staffing is at record high levels, up more than 12,300 in the last ten years.

Patient satisfaction continues to increase with 90 per cent of NHS Scotland patients rating their care and treatment as good or excellent.

Scotland?s A&E services are the best performing in the UK.

We have brought forward plans for a ?5 million expansion of the Golden Jubilee Hospital - the first part of our plan to invest ?200 million in a network of elective and diagnostic treatment centres to help meet the needs of an ageing population.

Over ?5 billion has been invested in Scotland?s health infrastructure since 2007, including the South Glasgow Hospitals and Emergency Care Centre in Aberdeen.

We?ve kept healthcare local. That means A&E units have been saved, children?s cancer services and neurosurgery units protected, and maternity units kept open.

Nurses in Scotland are better paid than anywhere else in the UK. A nurse in Scotland, at Band 5, is paid between ?225 and ?309 more than their English counterparts.

We?re supporting the lowest paid workers in our NHS by delivering the real Living Wage. Entry level pay for NHS support staff, Band 1, in Scotland is ?881 higher than England, and over ?1,300 higher than Northern Ireland.

We?re recruiting more GPs by increasing the number of training places from 300 to 400 each year.

We?re training more paramedics, with a commitment to train 1,000 more by the end of this Scottish Parliament term.

IVF is being expanded to more families ? making access in Scotland the fairest and most generous in the UK.

Our hospitals are cleaner and safer. In over 65s cases of C.Diff are down 86 per cent, and cases of MRSA are down 93 per cent.

Almost ?40 million has been invested to raise public awareness of cancer, and catch it sooner, driving earlier diagnosis in a range of cancers.

The risk from cervical cancer for the next generation of young women has been cut by providing the HPV vaccine for girls in second year of secondary school.

Scrapping parking charges at all NHS-run hospital car parks has saved patients and staff around ?27 million.

Scotland has the highest number of GPs per head of population in the UK, and we?ve made sure more practices are now open in the evenings and at weekends.

Scotland was the first country in the UK to have a mental health waiting times target, and spending on mental health services in Scotland will exceed ?1 billion for the first time in 2017-18.

A record nine in ten people are now registered with an NHS dentist ? up from just 52 per cent when we took office.

More funding than ever before is being provided to support carers and young carers, with investment of over ?122 million in a range of programmes since 2007.

Irresponsible alcohol discounts in supermarkets and off-licences are now banned, and we?ve raised the legal age for buying tobacco to 18.

We?ve banned smoking in any vehicle carrying anyone under 18.

Everyone who uses social care services can now control their individual care budget through the Self-directed Support Act.

We?ve provided extra funding for Scotland?s veteran charities, and ensured our ex-service men and women receive priority treatment in the NHS and other services.

A smarter Scotland

All children in primaries 1 to 3 ? around 135,000 pupils ? are now benefiting from free school meals, saving families around ?380 per child per year.

We have launched the Scottish Attainment Challenge, and investment in that programme will be ?750 million over the life of this Parliament.

Total revenue spending on schools has risen by at least ?220 million since 2006-07, and spending per pupil is higher in Scotland than England.

More school pupils are now in well-designed, accessible and inclusive learning environments. Between 2007 and 2016, 651 schools were built or refurbished - twice as many as the previous Labour/LibDem administrations.

Since the introduction of the Gaelic Schools Capital Fund in 2008, the number of young people in Gaelic Medium Education has increased nationally by 32 per cent.

The percentage of pupils leaving school with at least one Higher level or equivalent qualification has increased by almost 45 per cent under the SNP.

The First Minister?s Reading Challenge, which aims to encourage children to read for pleasure, has been opened to all primary school pupils after the success of the initial scheme for primaries 4 to 7.

The Disabled Students Allowance has been protected and bursaries for students have been maintained in Scotland, while the Tories have abolished both elsewhere in the UK.

We?ve expanded the Education Maintenance Allowance in Scotland ? now scrapped south of the border ? to support even more school pupils and college students from low income families.

Over 117,000 full-time equivalent Scottish Government-funded college places are now being provided ? exceeding our 2011 manifesto commitment to maintain 116,000 places.

We have invested over ?550 million in college estates between 2007 and 2015, ?250 million more than the previous Labour/Lib Dem administrations.

We?re supporting a further ?300 million of investment to deliver new campuses at City of Glasgow, Inverness and Ayrshire Colleges. And Forth Valley and Fife Colleges will share ?140 million for new campuses too.

We?re providing our further education students with record levels of support of ?106 million - up 34 per cent under the SNP.

The number of full-time college students completing recognised higher education qualifications is at an all time high.

Full-time college students in Scotland can now benefit from the highest bursary of anywhere in the UK. A record number of Scots have been supported into university, and young people from the most deprived areas are now more likely to study at university.

The number of graduates from Scottish universities going into work or further study is among the highest in the UK.

Graduates from Scottish universities are earning more than their counterparts in other UK nations.

The poorest university students who are living at home are benefiting from a minimum income guarantee of ?7,625 per year ? the highest in the UK.

Since 2007, the number of female entrants in STEM subjects at Scottish universities has increased by 26 per cent in first degree courses and 47 per cent in postgraduate courses.

A wealthier Scotland

Youth unemployment has hit its lowest rate since records began, and is the second lowest in the EU.

Scotland is the top destination, outside of London, for foreign direct investment.

Today Scotland has the highest pay anywhere in the UK outside of London and the South East.

Productivity growth in Scotland is four times as fast as the UK ? as measured by output per hour worked. Since the SNP came to office, productivity has increased by 9.4 per cent, while stagnating for the UK as a whole.

Around 200,000 young people have had the opportunity to undertake a Modern Apprenticeship since 2007. And by 2020, a further 30,000 opportunities will be available every year.

Scotland has the highest house-building rate in the UK. Since 2007, we have built 41,000 more homes than if we?d matched the lower rate in England - that?s the equivalent of a new town the size of Paisley.

Councils have been enabled to build new homes for the first time in years ? with 7,169 new council homes delivered.

15,500 social houses for rent have been safeguarded by ending Right to Buy.

We?re taking action to stimulate Scotland?s economy following the result of the EU referendum. This includes bringing forward ?100 million of government spending on infrastructure, and a ?500 million Scottish Growth Scheme to support businesses - particularly start-up companies - with the potential to grow and export more.

?500 million has been committed to stimulate and support economic growth in Glasgow and the Clyde Valley.

?125 million has been allocated through the Aberdeen City Region Deal to stimulate and support economic growth in the city, alongside an additional ?254 million for infrastructure projects in the North-east.

We are investing ?135 million in the Inverness and Highland City Region Deal ? two and a half times the UK Government investment.

By the end of 2021 we will have committed ?1 billion to tackling fuel poverty, and over one million energy efficiency measures have already been installed in almost one million households across Scotland.

We?ve helped people into homeownership through the Land and Buildings Transaction Tax, which has lifted 15,000 households out of tax compared to Stamp Duty in the rest of the UK.

Public sector procurement has been simplified, with more small and medium-sized enterprises now competing for and winning public sector contracts.

The number of registered businesses in Scotland has reached 173,995, the highest number on record.

Scotland?s international exports - valued at ?28.7 billion in 2015 - are up 41 per cent under the SNP.

Scotland?s tourism industry is going from strength to strength ? with 14 million tourists visiting Scotland in 2015.

Enterprise and development spending per head in Scotland is almost double that of the UK.

We won new powers over tax and social security, and protected Scotland?s budget from a ?7 billion cut by the Treasury over the financial arrangements enabling new powers.

A fairer Scotland

From summer 2017, all babies in Scotland are to be provided with a Nordic-style ?baby box? in a bid to reduce infant mortality and help families at the start of a child?s life.

In 2011, we became the first government in the UK to pay the Living Wage to our staff.

We have already ensured that nobody in Scotland has to pay the Bedroom Tax. And we will use new powers to effectively abolish it once and for all, protecting over 70,000 households.

Over 241,000 low income households in crisis have been helped to buy essentials such as nappies, food and cookers through our Scottish Welfare Fund since it was established in 2013.

1.3 million older and disabled people have benefited from free public transport through the National Concessionary Bus Travel Scheme.

Around 77,000 older people in Scotland benefit from access to a wide range of personal care tasks without being charged.

Over half a million vulnerable households in Scotland ? including around 190,000 pensioners and over 80,000 single parents ? have been protected from UK Government cuts to Council Tax benefit.

We have introduced a Child Poverty Bill which will set targets to end child poverty by 2030, and established a new ?29 million fund to tackle poverty at a grassroots level.

We have already safeguarded the rights of 2,800 of the most severely disabled by establishing the Scottish Independent Living Fund.

We?ve kept Scottish Water in public hands. Customers are now paying less for a better service ? charges for the average household bill in Scotland are ?38 lower than in England and Wales.

Our new employment support programmes will be on a voluntary basis and will not interact with the UK government?s punitive benefit sanctions system.

Over 300 companies have signed the Scottish Business Pledge - a voluntary code for companies to commit to policies that boost productivity, recognise fairness and increase diversity.

We are piloting a Returners programme to help women who have had career breaks back into the workplace.

We are leading a 50:50 campaign to encourage public, third and private sector companies to commit to boardroom gender equality by 2020.

We now have Scotland?s first cabinet with an equal number of women and men.

We have launched a ?300,000 Sports Equality Fund with the aim of increasing women?s engagement in sport.

A safer Scotland

Since we took office, violent crime is down by 52 per cent, homicides are down by 52 per cent and handling offensive weapons is down by 69 per cent.

In Scotland, under the SNP, police numbers are up, while they?ve fallen in England.

The new Scottish Crime Campus provides a focal point for excellence in intelligence-sharing, evidence gathering and forensic science to tackle serious organised crime.

Automatic early release has been ended, meaning that long-term prisoners who pose an unacceptable risk to public safety will serve their sentence in full.

The reconviction rate has been reduced to its lowest level in 18 years, thanks to tough community sentences.

?75 million has been seized from criminals and has been reinvested in community projects for young people across Scotland.

HMP Low Moss opened in March 2012 and HMP Grampian opened in March 2014, two major parts of our prison building programme.

Access to air weapons has been tightened to improve public safety.

Tackling sectarianism has been backed up with record investment.

The new Scottish Fire and Rescue Service has been created.

Scotland has the UK?s first national action plan on human rights, showing our ambition to be an example of how to realise human rights and tackle injustice at home and abroad.

Investing for the future

We?re investing ?1 billion annually in public and sustainable transport to encourage people out of cars.

We are delivering the ?1.35 billion Queensferry Crossing.

Commuters have saved around ?2,000 since bridge tolls on the Forth Road Bridge and Tay Bridge were scrapped by the SNP.

We have invested twice as much per head in the rail network in Scotland than the UK Government ? ?7 billion in rail since 2007.

The Borders Railway, the longest new domestic railway to be built in Britain in over 100 years, has reopened and welcomed over 1 million passengers in its first year.

A ?5 billion investment programme in Scotland?s railways up to 2019 will deliver longer, greener trains, new stations, new track upgrades, more seats, and more services.

?3 billion to dual 80 miles of carriageway on the A9 Perth-Inverness, ?745 million for the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route, plus M8, M73 and M74 motorway improvements.

Contracts worth ?97 million will protect the 150-strong workforce and create 100 new jobs at the last commercial shipyard on the Clyde.

We?ve exceeded the 2016 target to provide broadband access to 85 per cent of premises, and we?ll reach 100 per cent by 2021.

Empowering communities

Scotland?s independence referendum was the biggest democratic exercise in Scotland?s history.

We?ve launched a ?200,000 Access to Politics Fund to help disabled people stand for the 2017 local government elections. And we will continue the fund for the Scottish Parliament elections in 2021.

Local communities have been given a voice in the planning and delivery of local services - backed up by ?20 million of funding - through the Community Empowerment Act.

The Scottish Land Fund has already helped 52 communities across the country to purchase land, with over 500,000 acres now in community ownership. And the Fund has been increased to ?10 million per year.

The radical and ambitious Land Reform Act has been passed to transform rules around the ownership, accessibility and benefits of land in Scotland.

A greener Scotland

Scotland has exceeded its target to produce 50 per cent of its electricity from renewables by 2015 - with almost 60 per cent of Scotland?s electricity needs met from renewable sources.

Scotland is outperforming the UK and all but one of the EU-15 countries in reducing greenhouse gas emissions.

With the support of the SNP Scottish Government, low carbon industries in Scotland and their supply chains generated almost ?11 billion for the economy in 2014.

We have blocked underground coal gasification and a moratorium means fracking cannot take place in Scotland.

Scotland?s household recycling rate was 44.2 per cent in 2015 ? up from around 32 per cent for municipal waste in 2007.

Carrier bag use has been reduced by 80 per cent - the equivalent of 650 million bags - in the first year of the carrier bag charge.

We?ve helped make our communities safer from flooding with investment in flood defences and new measures in the Flooding Act. And we?ve agreed a new 10 year funding strategy for flood protection, consisting of ?42 million a year, aiming to protect 10,000 families across Scotland.

Supporting rural communities

A record ?1 billion has been invested in vessels, ports and ferry services since 2007 as part of our commitment to our islands and remote communities, with six ferries added to CalMac?s fleet and two new ferries due for delivery in 2018.

Road Equivalent Tariff has been rolled out to all ferry routes in the Clyde and Hebrides network, delivering significantly reduced ferry fares and the highest passenger numbers since 1997.

Residents of Caithness and north-west Sutherland, Colonsay, Islay, Jura, Orkney, Shetland and the Western Isles are eligible for a 50 per cent discount on air fares.

With produce output worth around ?2.3 billion a year and around 65,000 people directly employed, we work tirelessly to get the best deal for Scotland?s farmers, crofters and growers.

We played a key role in reforming EU fisheries policy to bring an end to the wasteful discarding of fish at sea.

With food and drink exports valued over ?4.5 billion and 14,000 new jobs estimated to be created in the sector by 2020, we strive to promote Scotland?s top quality produce.

Fares on lifeline ferry services have been frozen for 2017 for passengers, cars and commercial vehicles.

The clean, green status of our valuable food and drink sector has been protected by opting out of the cultivation of genetically modified crops in Scotland.

Scotland?s first National Marine Plan aims to achieve the sustainable development of our seas.

Enabling creativity and sport

Free access has been maintained to museums and galleries, with over 27 million visits to Scotland?s world class national collections since 2007.

In government we provided vital support for Scotland to welcome the world in 2014, with the staging of the Ryder Cup at Gleneagles and the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.

Since the SNP government backed the 'Daily Mile' challenge 180,000 children in over 1,000 of Scotland's primary schools now walk or run a mile each day.

98 per cent of primary and secondary schools across Scotland are now providing two hours of physical education a week ? up from 10 per cent in 2005.

Over ?162 million has been pumped into Scotland?s screen sector since 2007.

Over ?130 million has been invested in our cultural infrastructure - including the revamped National Museum of Scotland, National Portrait Gallery, and homes for our performing companies including National Theatre of Scotland and The Royal Scottish National Orchestra.

More than ?19 million of direct investment in Edinburgh?s major festivals since 2008.

?25 million for the Victoria and Albert Museum of Design in Dundee.

1.5 million opportunities have been created for young people to take part in music and youth arts in 2015.

?but there?s still much more we want to do. Together, we will continue to shape a fairer, more successful Scotland.

That enough for you?

Radio Ga Ga

At the same time, let us know your thoughts on Scottish Education failures under your watch, and the Police Scotland shambles and the NHS, local government under funded, loss of 150,000 college places etc etc

Guaranteed you'll be away Googling some daft we memes rather than answering any questions, accept it, your baws burst, Stutgeon is detested by the majority and the SNP are going down faster than a whores knickers. It's delicious

The list of SNP government achievements is long and wide-ranging. After a decade of Westminster cuts, the SNP government is working harder than ever to protect the most vulnerable in our society and deliver the best public services anywhere in the UK.

Record health funding - over ?13 billion in 2017, ?3.6 billion more than when we took office.

Higher exam passes up by a third since 2007, and we?re investing record amounts in schools to close the attainment gap. ?120 million will go direct to schools this year alone.

Free tuition protected, saving students in Scotland up to ?27,000 compared to the cost of studying in England.

That enough for you?

You could have just posted a link : https://www.snp.org/record

Free, high quality childcare has been increased to 16 hours a week for all 3 and 4 year olds ? up from 12.5 hours in 2007 ? and extended to 2 year olds from low income households, saving families up to ?2,500 per child per year in total.

We exceeded our world-leading target to reduce emissions by 42 per cent by 2020 ? six years early.

More people in employment in Scotland than the pre-recession high point, outperforming the UK on female employment and inactivity rates.

We?ve kept Council Tax down. Bills are lower in Scotland than in England - by between ?300 and ?400.

Prescription charges abolished. In England, patients are forced to pay ?8.60 per item.

We?re leading the way on fair pay. Scotland has the highest proportion of employees in the UK paid at least the Living Wage.

Over 60,000 affordable homes completed, with a further 22,000 households supported into homeownership.

16 and 17 year olds now have the right to vote in Scottish Parliament and local government elections.

To help protect jobs and businesses through the recession, we?ve slashed or abolished business rates for 100,000 premises ? saving small businesses ?1.2 billion to date.

Recorded crime in Scotland has reached its lowest level in 42 years.

Scotland, with one of the most progressive equal marriage laws in the world, has been rated the best country in Europe for LGBTI equality and human rights for the second year running.

We?re standing up for Scottish industry. We have secured a future for Scottish steel, the last remaining aluminium smelter at Lochaber, and Ferguson shipyard too.

A healthier Scotland

The number of nurses, doctors and dentists working in Scotland?s NHS has increased. Staffing is at record high levels, up more than 12,300 in the last ten years.

Patient satisfaction continues to increase with 90 per cent of NHS Scotland patients rating their care and treatment as good or excellent.

Scotland?s A&E services are the best performing in the UK.

We have brought forward plans for a ?5 million expansion of the Golden Jubilee Hospital - the first part of our plan to invest ?200 million in a network of elective and diagnostic treatment centres to help meet the needs of an ageing population.

Over ?5 billion has been invested in Scotland?s health infrastructure since 2007, including the South Glasgow Hospitals and Emergency Care Centre in Aberdeen.

We?ve kept healthcare local. That means A&E units have been saved, children?s cancer services and neurosurgery units protected, and maternity units kept open.

Nurses in Scotland are better paid than anywhere else in the UK. A nurse in Scotland, at Band 5, is paid between ?225 and ?309 more than their English counterparts.

We?re supporting the lowest paid workers in our NHS by delivering the real Living Wage. Entry level pay for NHS support staff, Band 1, in Scotland is ?881 higher than England, and over ?1,300 higher than Northern Ireland.

We?re recruiting more GPs by increasing the number of training places from 300 to 400 each year.

We?re training more paramedics, with a commitment to train 1,000 more by the end of this Scottish Parliament term.

IVF is being expanded to more families ? making access in Scotland the fairest and most generous in the UK.

Our hospitals are cleaner and safer. In over 65s cases of C.Diff are down 86 per cent, and cases of MRSA are down 93 per cent.

Almost ?40 million has been invested to raise public awareness of cancer, and catch it sooner, driving earlier diagnosis in a range of cancers.

The risk from cervical cancer for the next generation of young women has been cut by providing the HPV vaccine for girls in second year of secondary school.

Scrapping parking charges at all NHS-run hospital car parks has saved patients and staff around ?27 million.

Scotland has the highest number of GPs per head of population in the UK, and we?ve made sure more practices are now open in the evenings and at weekends.

Scotland was the first country in the UK to have a mental health waiting times target, and spending on mental health services in Scotland will exceed ?1 billion for the first time in 2017-18.

A record nine in ten people are now registered with an NHS dentist ? up from just 52 per cent when we took office.

More funding than ever before is being provided to support carers and young carers, with investment of over ?122 million in a range of programmes since 2007.

Irresponsible alcohol discounts in supermarkets and off-licences are now banned, and we?ve raised the legal age for buying tobacco to 18.

We?ve banned smoking in any vehicle carrying anyone under 18.

Everyone who uses social care services can now control their individual care budget through the Self-directed Support Act.

We?ve provided extra funding for Scotland?s veteran charities, and ensured our ex-service men and women receive priority treatment in the NHS and other services.

A smarter Scotland

All children in primaries 1 to 3 ? around 135,000 pupils ? are now benefiting from free school meals, saving families around ?380 per child per year.

We have launched the Scottish Attainment Challenge, and investment in that programme will be ?750 million over the life of this Parliament.

Total revenue spending on schools has risen by at least ?220 million since 2006-07, and spending per pupil is higher in Scotland than England.

More school pupils are now in well-designed, accessible and inclusive learning environments. Between 2007 and 2016, 651 schools were built or refurbished - twice as many as the previous Labour/LibDem administrations.

Since the introduction of the Gaelic Schools Capital Fund in 2008, the number of young people in Gaelic Medium Education has increased nationally by 32 per cent.

The percentage of pupils leaving school with at least one Higher level or equivalent qualification has increased by almost 45 per cent under the SNP.

The First Minister?s Reading Challenge, which aims to encourage children to read for pleasure, has been opened to all primary school pupils after the success of the initial scheme for primaries 4 to 7.

The Disabled Students Allowance has been protected and bursaries for students have been maintained in Scotland, while the Tories have abolished both elsewhere in the UK.

We?ve expanded the Education Maintenance Allowance in Scotland ? now scrapped south of the border ? to support even more school pupils and college students from low income families.

Over 117,000 full-time equivalent Scottish Government-funded college places are now being provided ? exceeding our 2011 manifesto commitment to maintain 116,000 places.

We have invested over ?550 million in college estates between 2007 and 2015, ?250 million more than the previous Labour/Lib Dem administrations.

We?re supporting a further ?300 million of investment to deliver new campuses at City of Glasgow, Inverness and Ayrshire Colleges. And Forth Valley and Fife Colleges will share ?140 million for new campuses too.

We?re providing our further education students with record levels of support of ?106 million - up 34 per cent under the SNP.

The number of full-time college students completing recognised higher education qualifications is at an all time high.

Full-time college students in Scotland can now benefit from the highest bursary of anywhere in the UK. A record number of Scots have been supported into university, and young people from the most deprived areas are now more likely to study at university.

The number of graduates from Scottish universities going into work or further study is among the highest in the UK.

Graduates from Scottish universities are earning more than their counterparts in other UK nations.

The poorest university students who are living at home are benefiting from a minimum income guarantee of ?7,625 per year ? the highest in the UK.

Since 2007, the number of female entrants in STEM subjects at Scottish universities has increased by 26 per cent in first degree courses and 47 per cent in postgraduate courses.

A wealthier Scotland

Youth unemployment has hit its lowest rate since records began, and is the second lowest in the EU.

Scotland is the top destination, outside of London, for foreign direct investment.

Today Scotland has the highest pay anywhere in the UK outside of London and the South East.

Productivity growth in Scotland is four times as fast as the UK ? as measured by output per hour worked. Since the SNP came to office, productivity has increased by 9.4 per cent, while stagnating for the UK as a whole.

Around 200,000 young people have had the opportunity to undertake a Modern Apprenticeship since 2007. And by 2020, a further 30,000 opportunities will be available every year.

Scotland has the highest house-building rate in the UK. Since 2007, we have built 41,000 more homes than if we?d matched the lower rate in England - that?s the equivalent of a new town the size of Paisley.

Councils have been enabled to build new homes for the first time in years ? with 7,169 new council homes delivered.

15,500 social houses for rent have been safeguarded by ending Right to Buy.

We?re taking action to stimulate Scotland?s economy following the result of the EU referendum. This includes bringing forward ?100 million of government spending on infrastructure, and a ?500 million Scottish Growth Scheme to support businesses - particularly start-up companies - with the potential to grow and export more.

?500 million has been committed to stimulate and support economic growth in Glasgow and the Clyde Valley.

?125 million has been allocated through the Aberdeen City Region Deal to stimulate and support economic growth in the city, alongside an additional ?254 million for infrastructure projects in the North-east.

We are investing ?135 million in the Inverness and Highland City Region Deal ? two and a half times the UK Government investment.

By the end of 2021 we will have committed ?1 billion to tackling fuel poverty, and over one million energy efficiency measures have already been installed in almost one million households across Scotland.

We?ve helped people into homeownership through the Land and Buildings Transaction Tax, which has lifted 15,000 households out of tax compared to Stamp Duty in the rest of the UK.

Public sector procurement has been simplified, with more small and medium-sized enterprises now competing for and winning public sector contracts.

The number of registered businesses in Scotland has reached 173,995, the highest number on record.

Scotland?s international exports - valued at ?28.7 billion in 2015 - are up 41 per cent under the SNP.

Scotland?s tourism industry is going from strength to strength ? with 14 million tourists visiting Scotland in 2015.

Enterprise and development spending per head in Scotland is almost double that of the UK.

We won new powers over tax and social security, and protected Scotland?s budget from a ?7 billion cut by the Treasury over the financial arrangements enabling new powers.

A fairer Scotland

From summer 2017, all babies in Scotland are to be provided with a Nordic-style ?baby box? in a bid to reduce infant mortality and help families at the start of a child?s life.

In 2011, we became the first government in the UK to pay the Living Wage to our staff.

We have already ensured that nobody in Scotland has to pay the Bedroom Tax. And we will use new powers to effectively abolish it once and for all, protecting over 70,000 households.

Over 241,000 low income households in crisis have been helped to buy essentials such as nappies, food and cookers through our Scottish Welfare Fund since it was established in 2013.

1.3 million older and disabled people have benefited from free public transport through the National Concessionary Bus Travel Scheme.

Around 77,000 older people in Scotland benefit from access to a wide range of personal care tasks without being charged.

Over half a million vulnerable households in Scotland ? including around 190,000 pensioners and over 80,000 single parents ? have been protected from UK Government cuts to Council Tax benefit.

We have introduced a Child Poverty Bill which will set targets to end child poverty by 2030, and established a new ?29 million fund to tackle poverty at a grassroots level.

We have already safeguarded the rights of 2,800 of the most severely disabled by establishing the Scottish Independent Living Fund.

We?ve kept Scottish Water in public hands. Customers are now paying less for a better service ? charges for the average household bill in Scotland are ?38 lower than in England and Wales.

Our new employment support programmes will be on a voluntary basis and will not interact with the UK government?s punitive benefit sanctions system.

Over 300 companies have signed the Scottish Business Pledge - a voluntary code for companies to commit to policies that boost productivity, recognise fairness and increase diversity.

We are piloting a Returners programme to help women who have had career breaks back into the workplace.

We are leading a 50:50 campaign to encourage public, third and private sector companies to commit to boardroom gender equality by 2020.

We now have Scotland?s first cabinet with an equal number of women and men.

We have launched a ?300,000 Sports Equality Fund with the aim of increasing women?s engagement in sport.

A safer Scotland

Since we took office, violent crime is down by 52 per cent, homicides are down by 52 per cent and handling offensive weapons is down by 69 per cent.

In Scotland, under the SNP, police numbers are up, while they?ve fallen in England.

The new Scottish Crime Campus provides a focal point for excellence in intelligence-sharing, evidence gathering and forensic science to tackle serious organised crime.

Automatic early release has been ended, meaning that long-term prisoners who pose an unacceptable risk to public safety will serve their sentence in full.

The reconviction rate has been reduced to its lowest level in 18 years, thanks to tough community sentences.

?75 million has been seized from criminals and has been reinvested in community projects for young people across Scotland.

HMP Low Moss opened in March 2012 and HMP Grampian opened in March 2014, two major parts of our prison building programme.

Access to air weapons has been tightened to improve public safety.

Tackling sectarianism has been backed up with record investment.

The new Scottish Fire and Rescue Service has been created.

Scotland has the UK?s first national action plan on human rights, showing our ambition to be an example of how to realise human rights and tackle injustice at home and abroad.

Investing for the future

We?re investing ?1 billion annually in public and sustainable transport to encourage people out of cars.

We are delivering the ?1.35 billion Queensferry Crossing.

Commuters have saved around ?2,000 since bridge tolls on the Forth Road Bridge and Tay Bridge were scrapped by the SNP.

We have invested twice as much per head in the rail network in Scotland than the UK Government ? ?7 billion in rail since 2007.

The Borders Railway, the longest new domestic railway to be built in Britain in over 100 years, has reopened and welcomed over 1 million passengers in its first year.

A ?5 billion investment programme in Scotland?s railways up to 2019 will deliver longer, greener trains, new stations, new track upgrades, more seats, and more services.

?3 billion to dual 80 miles of carriageway on the A9 Perth-Inverness, ?745 million for the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route, plus M8, M73 and M74 motorway improvements.

Contracts worth ?97 million will protect the 150-strong workforce and create 100 new jobs at the last commercial shipyard on the Clyde.

We?ve exceeded the 2016 target to provide broadband access to 85 per cent of premises, and we?ll reach 100 per cent by 2021.

Empowering communities

Scotland?s independence referendum was the biggest democratic exercise in Scotland?s history.

We?ve launched a ?200,000 Access to Politics Fund to help disabled people stand for the 2017 local government elections. And we will continue the fund for the Scottish Parliament elections in 2021.

Local communities have been given a voice in the planning and delivery of local services - backed up by ?20 million of funding - through the Community Empowerment Act.

The Scottish Land Fund has already helped 52 communities across the country to purchase land, with over 500,000 acres now in community ownership. And the Fund has been increased to ?10 million per year.

The radical and ambitious Land Reform Act has been passed to transform rules around the ownership, accessibility and benefits of land in Scotland.

A greener Scotland

Scotland has exceeded its target to produce 50 per cent of its electricity from renewables by 2015 - with almost 60 per cent of Scotland?s electricity needs met from renewable sources.

Scotland is outperforming the UK and all but one of the EU-15 countries in reducing greenhouse gas emissions.

With the support of the SNP Scottish Government, low carbon industries in Scotland and their supply chains generated almost ?11 billion for the economy in 2014.

We have blocked underground coal gasification and a moratorium means fracking cannot take place in Scotland.

Scotland?s household recycling rate was 44.2 per cent in 2015 ? up from around 32 per cent for municipal waste in 2007.

Carrier bag use has been reduced by 80 per cent - the equivalent of 650 million bags - in the first year of the carrier bag charge.

We?ve helped make our communities safer from flooding with investment in flood defences and new measures in the Flooding Act. And we?ve agreed a new 10 year funding strategy for flood protection, consisting of ?42 million a year, aiming to protect 10,000 families across Scotland.

Supporting rural communities

A record ?1 billion has been invested in vessels, ports and ferry services since 2007 as part of our commitment to our islands and remote communities, with six ferries added to CalMac?s fleet and two new ferries due for delivery in 2018.

Road Equivalent Tariff has been rolled out to all ferry routes in the Clyde and Hebrides network, delivering significantly reduced ferry fares and the highest passenger numbers since 1997.

Residents of Caithness and north-west Sutherland, Colonsay, Islay, Jura, Orkney, Shetland and the Western Isles are eligible for a 50 per cent discount on air fares.

With produce output worth around ?2.3 billion a year and around 65,000 people directly employed, we work tirelessly to get the best deal for Scotland?s farmers, crofters and growers.

We played a key role in reforming EU fisheries policy to bring an end to the wasteful discarding of fish at sea.

With food and drink exports valued over ?4.5 billion and 14,000 new jobs estimated to be created in the sector by 2020, we strive to promote Scotland?s top quality produce.

Fares on lifeline ferry services have been frozen for 2017 for passengers, cars and commercial vehicles.

The clean, green status of our valuable food and drink sector has been protected by opting out of the cultivation of genetically modified crops in Scotland.

Scotland?s first National Marine Plan aims to achieve the sustainable development of our seas.

Enabling creativity and sport

Free access has been maintained to museums and galleries, with over 27 million visits to Scotland?s world class national collections since 2007.

In government we provided vital support for Scotland to welcome the world in 2014, with the staging of the Ryder Cup at Gleneagles and the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.

Since the SNP government backed the 'Daily Mile' challenge 180,000 children in over 1,000 of Scotland's primary schools now walk or run a mile each day.

98 per cent of primary and secondary schools across Scotland are now providing two hours of physical education a week ? up from 10 per cent in 2005.

Over ?162 million has been pumped into Scotland?s screen sector since 2007.

Over ?130 million has been invested in our cultural infrastructure - including the revamped National Museum of Scotland, National Portrait Gallery, and homes for our performing companies including National Theatre of Scotland and The Royal Scottish National Orchestra.

More than ?19 million of direct investment in Edinburgh?s major festivals since 2008.

?25 million for the Victoria and Albert Museum of Design in Dundee.

1.5 million opportunities have been created for young people to take part in music and youth arts in 2015.

?but there?s still much more we want to do. Together, we will continue to shape a fairer, more successful Scotland.

That enough for you?

Utter drivel you've copied and pasted from a pro SNP blog/site and the vast majority of that is not even down to the SNP

I'll counter all that with this

https://www.thinkscotland.org/files/ThinkScotland%20%E2%80%93%20SNP's%20broken%20promises%20revealed.pdf

Now just one thing on transport for now as there is much more. Care to explain the justification in the contract given for Scotrail and then the fare increases after several major problems. Take your time. The stress of that got your transport minster caught driving without insurance.

At the same time, let us know your thoughts on Scottish Education failures under your watch, and the Police Scotland shambles and the NHS, local government under funded, loss of 150,000 college places etc etc

Guaranteed you'll be away Googling some daft we memes rather than answering any questions, accept it, your baws burst, Stutgeon is detested by the majority and the SNP are going down faster than a whores knickers. It's delicious

He lists free tuition as an SNP policy hahahaha. It was brought into Scotland in 2000, 7 years before the SNP were even in power hahahahaha. His credibility is shot to pieces.

On education those figures are missing the 140,000 university places that have been lost as a result of the SNP failings.

Radio Ga Ga

ONE MILLION extra people never bothered to get their arses down to a polling station when compared to the independence referendum. If they had we could have had a very different result(albeit in either direction).

Correct, but the rabid Nats would be out voting and that's a guarantee! Look at the greater picture, the SNP share of the vote has fallen of a cliff in 750 days - Scottish Parliament vote, lost their majority. Council Elections lost vote share, GE last a third of their vote in two years, that has to be a serious concern irrespective of your party? Two months ago would anybody have predicted that Salmond would come even close to losing his seat? IMO it's all down to Sturgeon, she's gone from an approval rating of plus in the 40's to Negative, people are pissed of with her.

Thunderstruck

Does your business depend on reliable ferry services or trunk roads that look like the wrong end of an artillery (the guys with really big guns) range.

There is an island in Scotland that exports over ?100m worth of whisky each week by road/ferry. It has some of the worst roads in the UK and a ferry service that is frequently disrupted by serviceability issues. There is no relief boat.

You would think that the Scottish Government might want to spend to benefit or protect that industry not to mention tourism. Seems not.

Does your business depend on reliable ferry services or trunk roads that look like the wrong end of an artillery (the guys with really big guns) range.

There is an island in Scotland that exports over ?100m worth of whisky each week by road/ferry. It has some of the worst roads in the UK and a ferry service that is frequently disrupted by serviceability issues. There is no relief boat.

You would think that the Scottish Government might want to spend to benefit or protect that industry not to mention tourism. Seems not.

Roads and infrastructure are last on their list. When the country has twice the deficit of Greece 9.5% of GDP some ?14.6 billion. A few potholes are not going to see any tarmac soon.

I've never voted for the SNP, it's easy to look beyond party politics to recognize what is best for Scotland.

You displayed your ignorance earlier but not knowing the devolved nature of government.

Again please show where I do not not the devolved nature of Scotland. As a Scot living here not hiding out abroad I know far more than you do as has been proven with your own ignorance on what is Devolved in Scotland. Another poster called you out on that.

I did and will admit to not knowing everything that is devolved to Northern Ireland as that was the subject Geoff and myself spoke about earlier.

Now either read the threads properly and comment appropriately or don't comment at all because your making a complete fool of yourself.

Correct, but the rabid Nats would be out voting and that's a guarantee! Look at the greater picture, the SNP share of the vote has fallen of a cliff in 750 days - Scottish Parliament vote, lost their majority. Council Elections lost vote share, GE last a third of their vote in two years, that has to be a serious concern irrespective of your party? Two months ago would anybody have predicted that Salmond would come even close to losing his seat? IMO it's all down to Sturgeon, she's gone from an approval rating of plus in the 40's to Negative, people are pissed of with her.

SNP voters complacency may be a contributing factor. Between 2015 and 2017 conservatives gained circa 320k extra votes. SNP lost circa 480k.

The electorate was also 5% lower.

I feel there would have been a very different result were 16 & 17 year olds permitted to vote.

Can't help but agree that Sturgeon has lost faith of a great deal of people though. Looking at Corbyn though, there's potential to make a u-turn in public opinion.

It's complete tosh, should only take the individual a couple of searches to determine the difference between SNHS and the NHS for a start - there is no humanitarian crisis in Scotland ...

I'm Scottish and will return after working/studying abroad, any decisions made will impact me just as much as they do you.

The Scottish NHS is fully devolved. And there is a huge crisis in the Scottish NHS at present. A quick google will prove this and show you the stats. Fill your boots.

Radio Ga Ga

To put it into Context how bad the Nationalists performed

It's widely agreed that May did really badly, She lost 12 seats out of 330.... that's 4% of the Tory total.

The SNP lost 21 seats out of 56.... that's a massive 38% of the SNP's total.

May increased the Tory vote from 11,334,574 to 13,616,601.... that's an increase of 20.1%.

Sturgeon drove the SNP vote down from 1,454,426 to a measly 977,569.... that's a decrease of 32.8%.

May's share of the national vote rose from 37.8% to 42.4%. The SNP's share of the National vote plummeted from 4.9% in May 2015 to 3.1% last Thursday.

Sturgeon stood up last Friday in Bute House and claimed that the SNP had won the election in Scotland because it has the most votes and the most seats. Well, if that's the case, using Nippy's logic May has won the election in the UK because she has won the most most votes and most seats, so what's she moaning about?

Sturgeon, you might have been an asset but you're now a liability. So thanks a lot, happy days!

Archived