General Election

Don Dan

jambos are go!

Had to laugh when an expert on the Scottish segment of the Sunday Politics said the SNP had been decapitated on Thursday. Think he meant the enforced retreat from IndyRef2 was a near mortal wound. Hope I am right.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Step aside, unlikely.

But it would make this progressive alliance as it's being called a reality.

Lib dem and labour Should do it down south, tho.

So, the SNP shouldn't stand aside but Labour should?

The big risk for the SNP is Labour re-establishing itself as the go to party for those who want "progessive" policies. The left or the "working class".

There are a lot of urban seats where Labour got a lot closer Edinburgh East and Edinburgh North and Leith for example.

Only a couple of thousand behind now.

Momentum can be hard to resist.

SNP might be better supporting the Tories to keep them in power the full 5 years.

The big risk for the SNP is Labour re-establishing itself as the go to party for those who want "progessive" policies. The left or the "working class".

There are a lot of urban seats where Labour got a lot closer Edinburgh East and Edinburgh North and Leith for example.

Only a couple of thousand behind now.

Momentum can be hard to resist.

SNP might be better supporting the Tories to keep them in power the full 5 years.

Without any likely, effective support for independence, the SNP will have to accept it's ballot box support will be directly related to it's performance as the Scottish Government. Full scrutiny will now come on to that like never before. All the SNP have left in order to maintain a level of support is to perform as well as possible in government.

The SNP presence at Westminster could well become largely obsolete as the Labour Party builds on it's sudden new platform as a credible party of government. Without the question of independence, the demarcation line between the two parliaments will become much more defined.

Without any likely, effective support for independence, the SNP will have to accept it's ballot box support will be directly related to it's performance as the Scottish Government. Full scrutiny will now come on to that like never before. All the SNP have left in order to maintain a level of support is to perform as well as possible in government.

The SNP presence at Westminster could well become largely obsolete as the Labour Party builds on it's sudden new platform as a credible party of government. Without the question of independence, the demarcation line between the two parliaments will become much more defined.

Yeah

I've said before I thought the best plan for the SNP after the NO vote was to focus on government and show they could be successful

Then build support that way and say "we've done so much as Parliament...let us go the full way"

But SNP have seemed to prefer the way of grievance and blame.

But then if someone else offers a more positive way then they are left looking clueless.

ToadKiller Dog

Gove back in the government as environment Minister .

Likely to try keep him quiet on Brexit

Yeah

I've said before I thought the best plan for the SNP after the NO vote was to focus on government and show they could be successful

Then build support that way and say "we've done so much as Parliament...let us go the full way"

But SNP have seemed to prefer the way of grievance and blame.

But then if someone else offers a more positive way then they are left looking clueless.

:Agree: The game has certainly changed now anyway.

The immediate priority for everyone next week is to discredit the DUP deal as robustly as possible. The Tories are desperate to get the very short term out of the way without too much attention being paid to their woeful arrangement. They can't afford at any cost to have a leadership contest or the possibility of another election. What they need is the loyalty of their own ranks of MPs in order to survive. Brexit strategy and a lot of their manifesto will need to be changed/binned in order to retain that loyalty.

:Agree: The game has certainly changed now anyway.

The immediate priority for everyone next week is to discredit the DUP deal as robustly as possible. The Tories are desperate to get the very short term out of the way without too much attention being paid to their woeful arrangement. They can't afford at any cost to have a leadership contest or the possibility of another election. What they need is the loyalty of their own ranks of MPs in order to survive. Brexit strategy and a lot of their manifesto will need to be changed/binned in order to retain that loyalty.

The first and perhaps toughest barrier is the Conservative backbench MPS meeting May tomorrow

They may force her into a timetable to step down

Though probably go on for a bit first

Bazzas right boot

So, the SNP shouldn't stand aside but Labour should?

No, snp should as well imo. Both would step out in the name of the progressive alliance.

But they won't, no one will.

Space Mackerel

Not a peep out 1 rabid Yoon saying that the current situation is A1 as far as Westminster goes?

Where are they all?

Ah well, Better Together it is I suppose.

The Real Maroonblood

Not a peep out 1 rabid Yoon saying that the current situation is A1 as far as Westminster goes?

Where are they all?

Better together gives you that warm fuzzy feeling.

13 out of the 16 main cabinet roles are unchanged.

May's being held ransom by the Tory top brass.

The DUP deal will fall apart very very quickly and May's a complete idiot for even thinking it was viable.

Where are they all?

Shocking situation. Who's gonna pay for the drinks now Big Eck Salmond is sat in his public funded mansion.

Where are they all?

83f4c07a5fea4b9acaabf65f29ef7f46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Space Mackerel

Shocking situation. Who's gonna pay for the drinks now Big Eck Salmond is sat in his public funded mansion.

Where are they all? They've all went quiet.

2010 the Torys got into power, it's all went shit and downhill fast since.

The DUP deal will fall apart very very quickly and May's a complete idiot for even thinking it was viable.

Not sure she does think it is viable.

I think she knows pressing ahead with this shambles is her only very slim hope of grimly holding onto power.

Any leadership contest, general election etc will see her gone and she knows it, so will persevere with a slim majority, make deals with absolutely anyone that'll work with her and try to smash on with the untenable position of negotiating Brexit until someone stops her.

Space Mackerel

83f4c07a5fea4b9acaabf65f29ef7f46.jpg

Here's one, with another shit meme on a par with Trappers efforts. :-/

That'll be aye yer still foamin at the mooth, and slavering shite as per.

Where are they all? They've all went quiet.

2010 the Torys got into power, it's all went shit and downhill fast since.

SNP a party on death row. They'll be wiped out in the next election. Hopefully in couple months.

How's yer indyref2 coming along ? Tick tock.

Hahahaha

Yet they still went through the laughable charade of them all arriving individually for their audience with the empress. Another tragic attempt at portraying normality and the authority of the leader. Woeful.

SwindonJambo

I agree with that. Another GE later in the year with a new Tory leader is very likely. Just who that will be is anyone's guess.

Space Mackerel

SNP a party on death row. They'll be wiped out in the next election. Hopefully in couple months.

How's yer indyref2 coming along ? Tick tock.

Hahahaha

Indy is miles off for now, same as it was pre GE.

How's your hard Brexit and Tory landslide doing? :)

deesidejambo

Oi Spacey.

Ye persuaded me to vote SNP to support Indy.

Then you wanted a Tory Landslide to support Indy.

Now we are stuck with 37% of the vote and are locked-in to Indy2 otherwise Nicola will have to u-turn pronto.

What are we to do?  Not much point in blaming Ruth Davidson, but it looks like Indy is sunk and Eck is booted.

Advise me!

The DUP deal will only fall apart if it's put under enough pressure or if there are Tory dissidents. They're rotten to the core and will persist with it unless stopped.

Space Mackerel

Oi Spacey.

Ye persuaded me to vote SNP to support Indy.

Then you wanted a Tory Landslide to support Indy.

Now we are stuck with 37% of the vote and are locked-in to Indy2 otherwise Nicola will have to u-turn pronto.

What are we to do? Not much point in blaming Ruth Davidson, but it looks like Indy is sunk and Eck is booted.

Advise me!

You voted Tory, dinnae come the ^^^^. ;)

Gove back in the government as environment Minister .

Likely to try keep him quiet on Brexit

By giving him a department which deals with CAP and CFP?

You said it was happening next year. Changed your tune

Tick tock

Space Mackerel

You said it was happening next year. Changed your tune

Tick tock

Next year? Thought it was happening after the Brexit negotiations?

I'm not so sure you're falling the timelines of politics me old china.

But you promised there would be another indyref..... you've been slavering on about it for months.... tick tock..... so what you saying ? You now admitting you've been talking shite? Tick tock

See only you have ever said I'm a Tory. Typical wee rabid nat anyone that doesn't vote for you is automatically a traitorous Tory eh? That's the level of intelligence from the nat extremists.

I'm very happy with last weeks outcome. Could have been better, but that's just the first innings, May will be oot soon enough. JC is the PM in waiting. Next election will wipe the wee rabid Nats out and yous can all crawl back under your rocks for a couple of generations.

Tick tock.....

ToadKiller Dog

By giving him a department which deals with CAP and CFP?

I mean in the sense of it maybe not being the hard Brexit he desires ,but potentially a still in the single market Brexit .

MacDonald Jardine

Where are they all?

Better than your shambolic lot trying to run Scotland certainly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Space Mackerel

But you promised there would be another indyref..... you've been slavering on about it for months.... tick tock..... so what you saying ? You now admitting you've been talking shite? Tick tock

See only you have ever said I'm a Tory. Typical wee rabid nat anyone that doesn't vote for you is automatically a traitorous Tory eh? That's the level of intelligence from the nat extremists.

I'm very happy with last weeks outcome. Could have been better, but that's just the first innings, May will be oot soon enough. JC is the PM in waiting. Next election will wipe the wee rabid Nats out and yous can all crawl back under your rocks for a couple of generations.

Tick tock.....

Bless. The Don has just realised that Corbyn wants the same in England and Wales that as has been implemented in Scotland for ages.

The proper definition of daft. Doesn't want it in Scotland, but wants it down South. :lol:

Thunderstruck

Just back from holiday. Has anything exciting happened in the past few days?

For example, has the World turned on its head and Spacey has answered a direct question?

MacDonald Jardine

Next year? Thought it was happening after the Brexit negotiations?

I'm not so sure you're falling the timelines of politics me old china.

Well you never have.

Why should he?

Space Mackerel

Well you never have.

Why should he?

What was the date of Indy 2? I must have missed it in my inbox.

Was it on the tele?

MacDonald Jardine

What was the date of Indy 2? I must have missed it in my inbox.

Was it on the tele?

No but you were insisting it was coming.

Tick -Tock and all that.

Space Mackerel

Just back from holiday. Has anything exciting happened in the past few days?

For example, has the World turned on its head and Spacey has answered a direct question?

Here's a direct question:

What has the Torys done in 7 years down South? That's 3 years less than the SNP up here.

Take your time. I'm all ears.

Trapper John McIntyre

Where are they all?

DCCUYspXgAEajAS.jpg

.......and Spacey has answered a direct question?

:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

:Aye:

Space Mackerel

No but you were insisting it was coming.

Tick -Tock and all that.

It still will. Section 30 emailed.

Anyway, nice you dodged your loyalist tendencies the other night.

MacDonald Jardine

What has the Torys done in 7 years down South? That's 3 years less than the SNP up here.

I'm no Tory but comparing anyone to the SNP in power over the last parliament isn't liable to end well for you.

Trapper John McIntyre

How's the SNP doing?

SNP lost 1/3 of votes from #GE2015 to #GE2017UK_GE_Emojiv2.png 1,454,436 to 977,569

Space Mackerel

I'm no Tory but comparing anyone to the SNP in power over the last parliament isn't liable to end well for you.

David Cameron did what?

Theresa May did what?

Have a wee think...

Trapper John McIntyre

For a start they've just chucked a dirty dozen of your bozo's on the dole.

Bless. The Don has just realised that Corbyn wants the same in England and Wales that as has been implemented in Scotland for ages.

The proper definition of daft. Doesn't want it in Scotland, but wants it down South. :lol:

Really ? You mean like free tuition fees? The manifesto pledge some wee snp dafty tried to say was their doing and idea when trying to use your daft argument and was rightly shot down live on air that fees were abolished in 2000 under the labour government in Scotland. It was the endowment the SNP got rid of in 2008 after a paper by labour asking for it to be abolished but SNP won the government elections and so carried it forward as their own.

Who's the dafty now.

You've already shown yourself up as a rabid extremist that talks shite. How long you gonna keep it up for?

MacDonald Jardine

It still will. Section 30 emailed.

Anyway, nice you dodged your loyalist tendencies the other night.

Dodged my loyalist tendencies?

What do you mean by that?

Trapper John McIntyre

By the way, anyone seen Nicola lately?

Seems to have scarpered.

Archived