Don Dan

...a bit disco

Irish irony?

DB5rFwBXsAAxW_B.jpg

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trapper John McIntyre

So, the SNP were ousted from Stirling in favour of the Conservatives. We should not forget all those who helped to make it happen..

DB41GOfXkAEvq63.jpg

ToadKiller Dog

Fiona Hill gone as well.

President May has lost her shields.

I wonder if Lynton Crosby will get the chop they must have paid him a pretty penny .

ToadKiller Dog

They are nothing like that.

Sinn Fein is/ was the political wing of the IRA.

There is no equivalent organisations linked to the DUP.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not exactly the same but many senior DUP members were involved in the foundation of Ulster Resistance which was classed as a paramilitary organisation ( IE a terrorist group ) the group also had ties to the UVF ,UDA and others .

That's the past but they sure don't mind getting there photo taken with loyalist extremists these days ,as they see it helps shore up their support .

They are not just an ordinary political party much like Sinn Fein aren't .

But more importantly the Tory Spivs look happy to potentially destroy the good Friday agreement for the sake of clinging onto power .A formal agreement May well do that .

What !!!!

She called an election to do exactly that.

The DUP are now going to have to agree on a strategy for the border with Eire and there will be huge pressure on them for no one wants a return to border crossings but there cannot be unrestricted access otherwise the UK has no control.

There is plenty to come for this 'agreement'

She wants the UK to be in the EEA in exactly the same way that Norway and Switzerland are, but she wants that dressed up in a big long agreement so that it looks as if Britain is unique and different.  The purpose of the election was not to give a huge mandate to the Tories - it was to give a huge mandate to her.

The DUP want a frictionless border, because their political and economic stability depends on it.   I suspect that the Germans and the European Commission know how to make that work, but that they'll bide their time.

Lol.

Scratch the surface and it's there. It's like a stick of Blackpool rock with these inbred cretins.

They were murdering each other over religion 20 years ago.

I'm quite sure the DUP will wilt under even mild media scrutiny when people really get to see what makes their members tick.

In fact we've only got 4 weeks to wait and we'll have the annual festival of religious tolerance on show for the whole wide world to see.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

A classic illustration, if one was needed, of why the 18 seats in NI usually get lumped together as "other". 

People may have plenty of good reasons to dislike the DUP and to want to see them as far away from power and influence at Westminster as possible - particularly people like me.  But they don't support terrorists or terrorism.

100% spot on. Thousands of Yes or soft Yes voters jumped ship to Labour because of Corbyn. I even swithered for a day or 2 and I'm a paid up party member.

I think the Yoons on here are getting way ahead of themselves.

Not really - the vote % swings dont correlate with that assumption.

Space Mackerel

Not really - the vote % swings dont correlate with that assumption.

As with any election, there is no 1 thing that sums up the massive swings we have seen.

Indeed. The interesting part in the current plan for NI is a loss of 1 seat from 18 to 17. It's estimated the unionist nationalist split would be 10-7 with no unionists west of the Bann as East Londonderry would disappear. Wonder if that will change?

I think there is a big likelihood of a reassessment of boundaries after the other night.

May sending a team of negotiators to Belfast to discuss a formal coalition!

:wtf:

Confidence and supply is fine. A formal coalition is mental.

:rofl:

She doesn't want a hard Brexit, and neither do the DUP.

Correct! Just because the press & parties of the left keep banging on about it doesn't make it true.

We will be negotiating with representatives of 27 other countries, if anyone of whichever political persuasion thinks that will be straightforward they are delusional.

We'll be looking for a deal that gives us most of what we want, we know we wont get it all.

We will also be entering these negotiations knowing what we want and knowing what we will accept. MUCH LIKE ANY OTHER BUSINESS DEAL. Fergus McCann has a mantra ...don't do bad deals.....just walk away if the deal doesn't stack up.

Hard Brexit is the last resort, don't be brainwashed by the remaniacs.

Space Mackerel

Correct! Just because the press & parties of the left keep banging on about it doesn't make it true.

We will be negotiating with representatives of 27 other countries, if anyone of whichever political persuasion thinks that will be straightforward they are delusional.

We'll be looking for a deal that gives us most of what we want, we know we wont get it all.

We will also be entering these negotiations knowing what we want and knowing what we will accept. MUCH LIKE ANY OTHER BUSINESS DEAL. Fergus McCann has a mantra ...don't do bad deals.....just walk away if the deal doesn't stack up.

Chris Grayling didn't say this on QT the other night. It's a hard Brexit or nothing. You cant have a soft Brexit and control immigration.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Chris Grayling didn't say this on QT the other night. It's a hard Brexit or nothing. You cant have a soft Brexit and control immigration.

Your last point is absolutely correct. It's why Farage said he was willing to return.

The cynic in me suggests the following - May tries to get a coalition deal with the DUP, then the negotiations start. It's leaked by both sides that a "soft Brexit" is the direction of travel. May blames the DUP for this who take the blame as they are promised a shedload of sweeties and know they won't take a backlash. Britain joins EFTA as a staging post, meaning open borders continue.

Bill Cash et al shout "betrayal" but are stymied as no one wants another election.

It will be Brexit with as good a replacement set of treaties as can be achieved. Re-entry.. Bre-entry.. re-brentry.. :vrface:

Not hard or soft Brexit. Brexit + braw / shan entry.

Shantry.

Help.

Your last point is absolutely correct. It's why Farage said he was willing to return.

The cynic in me suggests the following - May tries to get a coalition deal with the DUP, then the negotiations start. It's leaked by both sides that a "soft Brexit" is the direction of travel. May blames the DUP for this who take the blame as they are promised a shedload of sweeties and know they won't take a backlash. Britain joins EFTA as a staging post, meaning open borders continue.

Bill Cash et al shout "betrayal" but are stymied as no one wants another election.

Sounds good to me Geoff.

MacDonald Jardine

As with any election, there is no 1 thing that sums up the massive swings we have seen.

Did you not just try to do that in your previous post?

Trapper John McIntyre

May might not last the summer. She's been a catastrophe in the end. But Corbyn would and could be worse. His economics are as fantastical as the SNP's. Though I understand why in particular the young look to him. He offers hope and change, though it is a false vision, sadly.  I don't think the Corbyn charge will last, though he is now embedded as Leader. 

The Tories haven't exactly got a ready in wait alternative leader. Maybe David Davis is the only real choice, I think. Brexiteer and something of a libertine. I remember him opposing a vote on extending suspects being held without charge. He's also pretty affable and a reasonably good talker. Probably the best of a terrible bunch.

I think all of us can agree that at present, we're at the lowest ebb in stature and gravitas with regards to political leaders in living memory. And during the most difficult and crucial period in Britain's story since 1945.

Space Mackerel

The real cynic in me says this whole election was called and the subsequent Tory shan campaign was designed to lead us to this point. What with her shambolic Court case that delayed the triggering of Article 50, it's just been delay after delay.

Something is telling me they'll fudge staying in the EU.

May sending a team of negotiators to Belfast to discuss a formal coalition!

:wtf:

Confidence and supply is fine. A formal coalition is mental.

Apparently she doesn't want to be held hostage to their every spending whim. But surely she is scuppering the devolution situation?

How can there be a power sharing agreement if the DUP are in coalition to run the institution designed to be a neutral arbiter of the talks to form a government?

May is playing fast and loose with the peace process. It seems mad.

Surely not going to offer Dodds a government department?!

The gushing praise of May in the leaving statements from Timothy and Hill. Oh dear. Furious spin that nobody in their right mind would even contemplate swallowing. The sort of fantasy land shite that brings politics into disrepute. It feeds into the psychology of the people who govern us and it aint good.

Trapper John McIntyre

The gushing praise of May in the leaving statements from Timothy and Hill. Oh dear. Furious spin that nobody in their right mind would even contemplate swallowing. The sort of fantasy land shite that brings politics into disrepute. It feeds into the psychology of the people who govern us and it aint good.

It happened after Nixon fired Haldeman and Enhrlichman.

It'll be the same after Sturgeon bins her inner circle guru's. 

The Great One's always have to find someone else to sacrifice.

It happened after Nixon fired Haldeman and Enhrlichman.

It'll be the same after Sturgeon bins her inner circle guru's.

The Great One's always have to find someone else to sacrifice.

Sacrificial offerings are perfectly logical and functional. Hawking around that kind of shite is an insult to the public. Places like North Korea are the place for worshipping the leader like a living god.

Jambo-Jimbo

And of course would make Sturgeon look a complete fool for demanding indyref2 on the basis of there being a 'Hard Brexit', when actually very little if anything really changes.

Funnily enough Jim Sillars wrote this yesterday.

"Examine the Brexit negotiations and deals in detail, so that we can shape a new independence policy. We should abandon the nonsense of forecasting a hard Brexit, and look instead at the one which emerges. 

Has no one ever thought it might be a good deal, because the EU states need that as much as the UK? Whatever it turns out to be, it will set the grounds on which the Yes movement will formulate a policy for independence."

jambos are go!

Can I jog a few memories.Over the years we have had several YES voters saying that the Scottish vote at General Elections never influenced the outcome at UK level. Well they can't say that now. The 13 Scottish Tory MPs at Westminster have delivered a Tory led Government and prevented a progressive Labour led Alliance. And all because the obstinate SNP would not accept that Scotland clearly did not want IndyRef2. Scotland delivered a Tory Government at Westminster and Scotland is weeping

Theresa May got nearly everything wrong but she had Sturgeon for breakfast.

Cruyff Turn

No mask on you certainly.

I suspect there will be very few DUP policies I agree with but that doesn't make them terrorist troglodytes.

Unlike you I don't need a mask to pretend to be anything I'm not.

Any attack on Rangers, Unionism you are there at the forefront leaping to their defence.

Space Mackerel

Did you not just try to do that in your previous post?

It was part of what Craig Murray had said in his reflections what went wrong (or right) depending on what side of the fence you sit on.

maroonlegions

Who is this WE.

You do realise that most workers rights , pay and working conditions are protected by the EU , these rights can in some form or another be watered down or even ripped up.

Yes lets wait and see what deal countess May excepts, will it incorporate workers rights, pay and their working conditions ??Or will it be more towards the big multinationals that her husband protects in his role as a CEO on a company that helps such companies avoid paying tax.

Then there is the issue of the human rights charter  that May wants to rip up , funny that because  it was her in her time as Home Secretary that made a james hunt of border controls that made it easier for KNOWN terrorists to feck about the world and then re enter the UK.

You talk of  those wanting to stay within the EU as being brainwashed , i would look closer to home on that point.

She is the last person this country needs to negotiate a BREXIT deal , in fact she is a laughing stock to most other EU countries just now fir the total james hunt she made of the election.

maroonlegions

Well said Kevin Bridges , we now enter the age of extreme selfishness, feather the nest and feck the rest.

Many people will voted Conservative yesterday- which is absolutely their right but those that did should own that 
decision IN FULL. 

After today, every time you, as a Conservative voter, see a homeless person on the street say to yourself, "YES! I voted for that!"

Every time you hear of another person dying after an ATOS assessment say to yourself, "YES! I voted for that!"

Every time you hear of another hospital closure or NHS sell off say to yourself, "YES! I voted for that!"

Every time you read of elephants being slaughtered for their tusks or foxes being ripped apart by hounds say to yourself, "YES! I voted for that!"

Every time there is a terrorist attack on British soil as a result of our interventionist foreign policy and our lack of policing say to yourself, "YES! I voted for that!"

Every time you read of millionaire bankers receiving huge bonuses whilst nurses have to use food banks say to yourself "YES! I voted for that!"

Every time you hear of another fire station closing, putting more lives at risk say to yourself, "YES! I voted for that!"

Every time you hear of an elderly person dying for lack of winter warmth say to yourself, "YES! I voted for that!"

Because make no mistake, if you vote Conservative you HAVE voted in favour of ALL of those things. You have given them a mandate to carry out those things in YOUR name.

:muggy: 

If anyone needs any more reasons to question the Conservative party read below...WE the voters plainly got it wrong not them

Conservative MP Crispin Blunt said "the electorate plainly have got it wrong" in the 2017 general election after it became clear Labour was on course to win seats from the Tories.

His comments came after Thursday's exit poll indicated the Conservatives had lost their majority and there would be a hung parliament. The forecast was confirmed in the early hours of Friday morning.

Asked for his reaction to the poll, the Reigate MP told The Surrey Mirror: ?Like everyone else I was astonished. Some people say the electorate never get it wrong, clearly they have got it wrong. They've made it clearly tough for any party to form a government."

Bet he never said that after the Brexit vote

MacDonald Jardine

Unlike you I don't need a mask to pretend to be anything I'm not.

Any attack on Rangers, Unionism you are there at the forefront leaping to their defence.

What exactly do I pretend to be? And what does this thread have to do with Rangers?

I've not even defended the DUP particularly, just pointed out inaccuracies posted by the more hysterical.

If anyone needs any more reasons to question the Conservative party read below...WE the voters plainly got it wrong not them

Conservative MP Crispin Blunt said "the electorate plainly have got it wrong" in the 2017 general election after it became clear Labour was on course to win seats from the Tories.

His comments came after Thursday's exit poll indicated the Conservatives had lost their majority and there would be a hung parliament. The forecast was confirmed in the early hours of Friday morning.

Asked for his reaction to the poll, the Reigate MP told The Surrey Mirror: ?Like everyone else I was astonished. Some people say the electorate never get it wrong, clearly they have got it wrong. They've made it clearly tough for any party to form a government."

Bet he never said that after the Brexit vote

Lol. Never realised a ballot paper was a test to try and find the right result. I'll mind and swat next time.

Trapper John McIntyre

What exactly do I pretend to be? And what does this thread have to do with Rangers?

I've not even defended the DUP particularly, just pointed out inaccuracies posted by the more hysterical.

I don't know why the resident anti-Tory poster's are getting on their high horses about the Conservatives doing  a deal with the DUP to stay in power. It's what political parties do to cling on in office. Both are natural allies and by all accounts during the Coalition they were both very cosy and no one batted an eyelid. 

Salmond did deals with the Tories. The Tories did deals with the SNP in 1979.

It's not very savoury admittedly, with some of that Party's core beliefs. But such deals are not unusual.

It won't last though. Once May is ousted, which won't be long hopefully, there'll be another election anyway. 

King Of The Cat Cafe

Theresa May is having lame duck a l'orange for lunch, I hear.

I heard there was bitter Lemon Souffl? for her (just) desserts.

King Of The Cat Cafe

The real cynic in me says this whole election was called and the subsequent Tory shan campaign was designed to lead us to this point. What with her shambolic Court case that delayed the triggering of Article 50, it's just been delay after delay.

Something is telling me they'll fudge staying in the EU.

You make that seem like a bad thing...

Who is this WE.

You do realise that most workers rights , pay and working conditions are protected by the EU , these rights can in some form or another be watered down or even ripped up.

Yes lets wait and see what deal countess May excepts, will it incorporate workers rights, pay and their working conditions ??Or will it be more towards the big multinationals that her husband protects in his role as a CEO on a company that helps such companies avoid paying tax.

Then there is the issue of the human rights charter  that May wants to rip up , funny that because  it was her in her time as Home Secretary that made a james hunt of border controls that made it easier for KNOWN terrorists to feck about the world and then re enter the UK.

You talk of  those wanting to stay within the EU as being brainwashed , i would look closer to home on that point.

She is the last person this country needs to negotiate a BREXIT deal , in fact she is a laughing stock to most other EU countries just now fir the total james hunt she made of the election.

You are a scaremonger extrodinaire, what evidence if any, do you have to prove your point?

As usual, an incoherent rant, suggesting anything that suits your warped agenda. Seriously would you have Corbyn & McDonnell negotiating?

Space Mackerel

You make that seem like a bad thing...

I voted to Remain. I guess the vast majority of MP's did as well.

JudyJudyJudy

That just didn't happen, she never said that and the video in question proves it.

She said and as it turned out called it right, that in the Borders & The Highlands the Tories were better placed to defeat the SNP than Labour were, never once did she urge Labour voters to vote Tory, nor even imply infer or even hint at doing so.

The very point that Sturgeon never used that against her during the campaign tells you that it never happened.

I have die hard Labour " friends" on my Facebook and I can confirm when I got into some debates with them there was a clear direction from whomever , that they should be voting tactically in areas where the SNP had seats ...They clearly stated Vote Tory.  Despicable .

MacDonald Jardine

I have die hard Labour " friends" on my Facebook and I can confirm when I got into some debates with them there was a clear direction from whomever , that they should be voting tactically in areas where the SNP had seats ...They clearly stated Vote Tory. Despicable .

So a few nutters on Facebook now determine Scottish Labour's policy?

Trapper John McIntyre

So a few nutters on Facebook now determine Scottish Labour's policy?

A lot of sore losers desperate for an explanation out there. The answer is simple.

The majority of Scots despise the SNP and have collectively got together and gave them a shoeing.

It won't be the last either.

Roxy Hearts

A lot of sore losers desperate for an explanation out there. The answer is simple.

The majority of Scots despise the SNP and have collectively got together and gave them a shoeing.

Majority of Scots despise the Tories but here we are. Indy would have solved that wee problem.

Space Mackerel

A shoeing?

You lost! Scudded again. :rofl:

122bb6cf0b07a7c956eb7994b32e675a.jpg

King Of The Cat Cafe

I voted to Remain. I guess the vast majority of MP's did as well.

As did I.

The White Cockade

if they despise the SNP then they must really, really despise the Tories

and really,really,really,really,really,really despise Labour

You did look at the Scottish results didn't you?

SNP with their second best ever result by an absolute mile

An absolute shoeing!!!

No Party will ever repeat the last Election where one Party one practically all the seats  but

this was still pretty much a landslide

SNP 35 Seats

Conservative 13 Seats

Labour 7 Seats

jambos are go!

if they despise the SNP then they must really, really despise the Tories

and really,really,really,really,really,really despise Labour

You did look at the Scottish results didn't you?

SNP with their second best ever result by an absolute mile

An absolute shoeing!!!

No Party will ever repeat the last Election where one Party one practically all the seats  but

this was still pretty much a landslide

SNP 35 Seats

Conservative 13 Seats

Labour 7 Seats

Conveniently forgetting that Unionist Parties got over 60% of the vote.

Cruyff Turn

Aye right.

They are supported by Terrorists organisations. Ian Paisley tried to create a private army and they have been in collusion with these groups in the past.

Maybe not directly seen as the Political wing of a particular group but their mantra is exactly the same.

They are utter pond life just like the other lot are. Just a different cheek of the same arse.

We've spent years trying to get rid of sectarianism in Scotland and they should be denounced for what they are across the board.

Jambo-Jimbo

I have die hard Labour " friends" on my Facebook and I can confirm when I got into some debates with them there was a clear direction from whomever , that they should be voting tactically in areas where the SNP had seats ...They clearly stated Vote Tory.  Despicable .

Some friends told you about it on Facebook.

Well that's me convinced.

Facebook  FFS :rofl:

Space Mackerel

Conveniently forgetting this was a GE.

The White Cockade

look at the results mate

that's the Voting system we have

SNP by far the largest Party

MacDonald Jardine

Aye right.

They are supported by Terrorists organisations. Ian Paisley tried to create a private army and they have been in collusion with these groups in the past.

Maybe not directly seen as the Political wing of a particular group but their mantra is exactly the same.

They are utter pond life just like the other lot are. Just a different cheek of the same arse.

We've spent years trying to get rid of sectarianism in Scotland and they should be denounced for what they are across the board.

Aye right what?

So the DUP represent Ulster Resistance?

A movement that doesn't exist and barely ever did.

I'll ask you again what do I pretend to be?

Archived