Iain Cathro ongoing Poll and discussion Thread

cylawny

Cathro Poll  

1,521 members have voted

1. 1. Cathro stay or go

I have a feeling Cathro will leave by mutual consent very soon.

I'm not ITK or anything it's just a gut feeling.

We have given him a chance and it's not worked out but the situation can't be allowed to go on. It might seem unfair but there are STs to sell. Today was a chance to get fans back onside and be ready to commit their hard earned for next season.

Even the most die hard fans if not going to not renew will be keeping their hands in there pockets a bit longer.

That was a disgrace today most of them were not interested and the manager subs the very one who was.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heartyhub

Changed my vote to go. Ian talks of winning the right to play in the first 15 minutes of the game. Well I have to say that that team has no fight at all. The team has got no spark there lacklustre and sad to say it but the only players I'd keep are the ones that will be leaving.

peter_hmfc

There needs to be a new poll started, there will be a lot of people who originally voted "Stay" but just haven't returned to the thread to change their vote.

If Levein cares about Hearts more than himself he will give Cathro the chop at the end of the season.

Big season next season, let's start a fresh page, New team, New manager, something we can all unite behind!

The big problem is that we will not get a proper Manager as long as Levein is dictating things!!!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Taking into account all the fans of other clubs voting stay I would put the result firmly in the out column.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I have held back on voting and wanted to give him a bit more time but after today I have seen enough. We need a clean slate for next season. He has to go now.

I have changed my vote to GO. The 'experiment' has, quite clearly, failed. Change needs to happen before the players are back for pre-season.

Gordon Ramsay

Was at 59% for him to stay about an hour ago.

People finally realising this guy has not got it.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Tell you what a number of his cheerleaders have vanished this evening..

Oh they'll be back accusing us of being bad Hearts fans. Simply for having the absolute cheek of wanting an incompetent coach removed from the most important position In the club

alanthejambo

I think he needs to go now. Enough is enough. Too many poor performances and, strange team selections and ludicrous decision making. Shame but he is clearly not ready for this level

maroonlegions

So at present there are 430 in favour of him staying or put another way 430 suspect hobos .  :laugh4:

Central Belt 1874

Do those of you who want him to walk have faith in us replacing him with someone better? If not, then why do you want him gone? If so, where do you get this confidence from?

His record is awful, the players have looked disinterested from day one. There's a couple of bigger issues At the club at the moment other than Cathro.

jambopilms

Changed my vote today. Really wanted him to do well. When one or two players are not playing well you can blame the player. When it's the whole team not playing well the manager has to take the blame. Not getting the most out of the players he has. We know djoum, walker, cowie, isma, and even Johnson can be great one their day the manger has to make sure they are at there best as much as posssible. With Aberdeen you can be sure that their key players will be 8 out of ten performance most of the time. With us it's 5 out of ten most of the time .

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Do those of you who want him to walk have faith in us replacing him with someone better? If not, then why do you want him gone? If so, where do you get this confidence from?

His record is awful, the players have looked disinterested from day one. There's a couple of bigger issues At the club at the moment other than Cathro.

I think you've answered your own question. Ann Budge could give Cathro a run for his money.

Tell you what a number of his cheerleaders have vanished this evening..

They are still at tynecastle clapping

kingantti1874

At this point all of the other managers we've ever had have been better.. So yes.. Fairly confident we can do better

I thought the comments from Ann Budge before the game were quite revealing. She thinks his training is good and the players like him.

Did Alex Ferguson's players like him?

It's getting to the point where even if nobody can name a decent replacement, we'd still be better off rolling the dice on someone else. I still want it to work for him if he stays of course.. but I do think he should go.

The regime has big problems but Robbie had us second in the table, it wasn't even that difficult to be there. There's no excuse for us being so awful.

Levein needs someone who will challenge stuff. Cathro' biggest issue maybe is being too soft and quiet. Problem is this is probably exactly why Cathro was picked. What a mess.

Central Belt 1874

At this point all of the other managers we've ever had have been better.. So yes.. Fairly confident we can do better

I'm confident we can do better, but under the Budge/Levein reign we have had two unproven "coaches". Do you think they will suddenly go for an experienced manager? They have said what the plan is.

This poll is no good someone start a new poll starting now.

Only a numpty would want to keep the clueless one.

And start one regarding Levein he's the one responsible for employing clueless coaches and rubbish players.

i wish jj was my dad

I think the club was right to try something different but it looking more grim by the week. The Cowie decision beggared belief and his interview after the game won't have earned him any goodwill.

Livvyjambo

I have a feeling Cathro will leave by mutual consent very soon.

I'm not ITK or anything it's just a gut feeling.

We have given him a chance and it's not worked out but the situation can't be allowed to go on. It might seem unfair but there are STs to sell. Today was a chance to get fans back onside and be ready to commit their hard earned for next season.

Even the most die hard fans if not going to not renew will be keeping their hands in there pockets a bit longer.

That was a disgrace today most of them were not interested and the manager subs the very one who was.

I think he will walk too or at least offer it

Watt-Zeefuik

With the movement today won't be long now until the lead flips.

Unless he pulls a rabbit out of the hat and wins two of the next three, and I absolutely hope for all of our sakes that he does, I think 22 May is Budgement Day 2.0.

jambomjm74

Changed my vote - given up on him - desperately don't want to give up on hearts and my season ticket - with him in charge I'll take some Convincing. I hate going at the moment, with a 1 in 4 winning ratio... the worst hearts manager ever (that's a stat Cathro you should read) 1 nil down and changes the two full backs. He's failed it's time he moved on and do it soon... at least make one right decision

It's a horrible situ.

One of my mates who was a walk-up pay at the gater for years has had an ST for the last 2,3 seasons , but hes now considering giving it a miss next year.

I think many may go this way and chose to buy match day tickets instead. Pick and chose games basically.

Tommy Brown

Only another few votes (or vote changes) and the Happy Clappers are in the minority.

edit

make that one vote change 413 v 414

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Only another few votes (or vote changes) and the Happy Clappers are in the minority.

They've been in the minority since the full time whistle. Only Hibs fans were propping up stay.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Waaay! The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

1971fozzy

I dont not know one fan who is wanting him to stay. Every one of us want rid and asap. Also nobody sitting around me today seemed to either. His time is up and I'm guessing so is Leveins role as well.

I was never on board with this appointment from day one with my concerns at the time being lack of game and man management experience. Both have been proven correct.

That said, I'm still in the stay camp for now, will wait to see what he has to say tomorrow.

Waaay! The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

As in Levein and Cathro???

I was never on board with this appointment from day one with my concerns at the time being lack of game and man management experience. Both have been proven correct.

That said, I'm still in the stay camp for now, will wait to see what he has to say tomorrow.

I'm sure he will say "everything will be hunky dory"!!

Will that keep you in the 'stay' camp???

I'm sure he will say "everything will be hunky dory"!!

Will that keep you in the 'stay' camp???

I'm in the stay camp simply because changing the manager is the easy option. It sometimes gives a short term boost in form admittedly.

I'm on record as saying he should never have been given the job in the first place.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

As in Levein and Cathro???

It's in response to all the posters who ridiculed me and other for wanting Cathro out. One jibe was. "The lunatics have took over the asylum." In reference to Kickback.

kingantti1874

I'm in the stay camp simply because changing the manager is the easy option. It sometimes gives a short term boost in form admittedly.

I'm on record as saying he should never have been given the job in the first place.

occams razor.. Simplest theory is usually the best.. In this case the easy option is the correct option.. Having the correct man in place will yield better results short, medium and long term.. Unless you genuinely think he can turn this round then there's no reason for him to stay.

Ibrahim Tall

Finally past 50% for go.

Given a lot who've voted probably haven't been back on or realised they can 'change' it wouldn't surprise me if its 70%+.

Long term changing this shambolic D of F set up is the ONLY option!!!!

kingantti1874

Finally past 50% for go.

Given a lot who've voted probably haven't been back on or realised they can 'change' it wouldn't surprise me if its 70%+.

And the number of hivs fans voting stay.

Prepared still to give him to December. If things haven't changed by then he has to go.

if the signings follow the current pattern I will change my vote though.

kingantti1874

Prepared still to give him to December. If things haven't changed by then he has to go.

if the signings follow the current pattern I will change my vote though.

Your entitled to your opinion but I just don't get it - he's done nothing to deserve that time.. Would be chucking another season down the toilet. If there were any signs at all of progress I'd get it.. But all signs point to a broken team and a guy out if his depth

Your entitled to your opinion but I just don't get it - he's done nothing to deserve that time.. Would be chucking another season down the toilet. If there were any signs at all of progress I'd get it.. But all signs point to a broken team and a guy out if his depth

I can totally see the side most people are on but I do see the ideas that cathro is trying to put forward. Its grim and horrible but once we have a new team + Souttar and Goncalves I think things might be better. We don't have a single leader on the field so hopefully if the Berra deal comes to fruition that will begin to sort things.

I'm as pissed off as everybody else. There's no enjoyment to going anymore and the lack of fight from the players is beyond insulting. I honestly think budge should pull a vlad on them and not pay them. Might at very least get some of the cowards to walk away.

I do think if the signing policy hasn't changed by next season then Levein and Cathro are learning nothing and have to go. The youth academy seems to be coming along nicely but the first team is a joke. We need hardworking british players who are going to appreciate the position they are in. Tziolis and the rest of the clowns do not give a shit and it is embarrassing, insulting and offensive that they take their wages each week despite failing to offer any entertainment. 

I can totally see the side most people are on but I do see the ideas that cathro is trying to put forward. Its grim and horrible but once we have a new team + Souttar and Goncalves I think things might be better. We don't have a single leader on the field so hopefully if the Berra deal comes to fruition that will begin to sort things.

I'm as pissed off as everybody else. There's no enjoyment to going anymore and the lack of fight from the players is beyond insulting. I honestly think budge should pull a vlad on them and not pay them. Might at very least get some of the cowards to walk away.

I do think if the signing policy hasn't changed by next season then Levein and Cathro are learning nothing and have to go. The youth academy seems to be coming along nicely but the first team is a joke. We need hardworking british players who are going to appreciate the position they are in. Tziolis and the rest of the clowns do not give a shit and it is embarrassing, insulting and offensive that they take their wages each week despite failing to offer any entertainment.

You see the ideas Cathro is putting forward !!

His ideas include bad team selections, bad tactics, bad substiutions, no man-management skills need i go on. And player recruitment is costing Hearts points and money not to mention making thousands of fans angry.

What Berra deal? He has just signed a years extension with Ipswich

Apparently Ipswich took up the option in his contract, but Berra still wants to come back up north.

I was under the impression it was an option which ipswich have taken up. According to folk on here he still wants to come back up the road and Mcarthy said something along the lines of the chairman having to make a decision with it.

Doesn't sound like a forgone conclusion to me yet.

Mr Rabbit

I wouldn't have an issue if there was at least a glimmer of hope in terms of what he was trying to do or if he could turn it round.

You just can't see Cathro turning this around. The team, his team who he brought in, have no fight and no urgency at all.

Archived