Iain Cathro ongoing Poll and discussion Thread

cylawny

Cathro Poll  

1,521 members have voted

1. 1. Cathro stay or go

All reports are that the players, board and the majority of supporters are happy for him to continue. Not sure what more you can say about that, the standard of football hasn't got any worse or for that matter any better, the same level of criticism was levelled at RN as well, Win, lose or draw there is a level of entitlement by a few on here that sometimes beggars belief. It's a shame the media has picked up on the minorities negativity,

At the end of the day you have to trust the individual making the ultimate decisions.

If I felt as strongly as certain individuals on here then no way would I be bothering with Hearts never mind attending games.

Everyone has differing tolerance levels, that's fair enough and supporters come and go for a multitude of reasons. I trust the hierarchy to be doing the best for my club, it's really that simple for me.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole "head coach" term almost gets used as an excuse, therefore I would nudge him back a bit and get a Manager in to sit on the bench. Someone who knows how to setup a team, has tactical experience, can talk to players etc

Its pretty obvious this a massive void between Cathro and Levein which needs filled.

Maroon Sailor

The whole "head coach" term almost gets used as an excuse, therefore I would nudge him back a bit and get a Manager in to sit on the bench. Someone who knows how to setup a team, has tactical experience, can talk to players etc

Its pretty obvious this a massive void between Cathro and Levein which needs filled.

We have too many cooks as it is. I think that's half the problem.

I like to know that one person is in total control of the decision making on match days.

Cathro shouldn't be getting notes handed to him. He's in charge !

We have too many cooks as it is. I think that's half the problem.

I like to know that one person is in total control of the decision making on match days.

Cathro shouldn't be getting notes handed to him. He's in charge !

That is for Cathro to decide. If he didn't want notes handed to him he would either A. Request notes not to be handed to him which obviously he hasn't because notes are being handed to him so that's that one busted. B Take said note handed to him and stick it in his pocket unread which he also hasn't done so that's that one busted.

C. So now we know that he is happy for notes to be handed on to him can we file this particular myth under "busted" please and concentrate on more important things than this?

In other words GIVE IT A REST ON THE NOTE PASSING!!!!!

Thanks and Happy Easter 

Nookie Bear

Robbie rebuilt got us promoted over rangers and hibs.

Then finished 3rd in Scotland top tier.

He is now managing in England.

Tbh, Robbie wins hands down the first three seasons.

The future, who knows and tbh who cares unless he's back here.

You a bellymena fan?

If I was asked to appoint either Robbie or Wright this coming summer the it's a tough call

Between Wright and Cathro, no contest for me.

Maroon Sailor

That is for Cathro to decide. If he didn't want notes handed to him he would either A. Request notes not to be handed to him which obviously he hasn't because notes are being handed to him so that's that one busted. B Take said note handed to him and stick it in his pocket unread which he also hasn't done so that's that one busted.

C. So now we know that he is happy for notes to be handed on to him can we file this particular myth under "busted" please and concentrate on more important things than this?

In other words GIVE IT A REST ON THE NOTE PASSING!!!!!

Thanks and Happy Easter

So get another person in alongside instead of notes then ?

How many notes to the likes of Guardiola, Wenger and Mourinho get passed to them during a match ?

Cathro is towing the line

Cathro....the new Fergie......

I doubt that very much.  I was merely drawing a comparison to show that sometimes you can pull the trigger too early.

Bazzas right boot

If I was asked to appoint either Robbie or Wright this coming summer the it's a tough call

Between Wright and Cathro, no contest for me.

My point is that some times time is required.

Cathro will get the summer( rightly or wrongly), people need to deal with that, move on and support the team.

Constantly asking for him to be sacked is a waste of your time and energy.

I doubt that very much.  I was merely drawing a comparison to show that sometimes you can pull the trigger too early.

Fergie had a hugely impressive CV. There is really not anything similar with Cathro no matter how often certain people keep mentioning it.

Also with reference to an earlier post (not yours I hasten to add) where is the pressing game that Cathro is sticking to? Other teams certainly use it on us at times.

kingantti1874

My point is that some times time is required.

Cathro will get the summer( rightly or wrongly), people need to deal with that, move on and support the team.

Constantly asking for him to be sacked is a waste of your time and energy.

Well not really because by Christmas at the absolute latest we will be able to come back on here and say told you so.. :)

Joking apart it's very disappointing because right now on the verge of opening a new stand thus freeing ourselves from ourcurrent financial shackles is the time to make a real push to the next level.

But we've hired a manager who has managed to halt all forward momentum, a guy who's lost lost big portion of the fans with an unbelievably bad record, cost the club probably millions by finishing a minimum of 2 positions lower than we should be and getting beasted by hibs in probably the most shameful / embarrassing derby peroformance I've ever seen (and I include the 6-2 game in that).. I could accept the losses if there was a sense of unity, purpose, structure, shape.. a plan for **** sake but we are aimless and confused and getting worse by the week.

We are shooting ourselves in the foot massively and 65% plus of folk on this board are cool with it..

Extremely surprised so many want to sacrifice next season as well.

How many times are you guys intending to post the same thing, in order to create the false impression of a 'groundswell' ?

Maroon Sailor

Cathro is not the problem. Sack him and all we do is replace him with someone else who is grateful for the opportunity of being micro managed by someone in the background.

We need someone who is their own man and let them get on with the job. It's a hard enough job as it is without people messing with your head.

Geoff Kilpatrick

How many times are you guys intending to post the same thing, in order to create the false impression of a 'groundswell' ?

Does it annoy you when people express their opinions?

Who says there will be a change in recruitment policy? Get him to f---

Budge in her statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingantti1874

I'm not trying to create a groundswell. I am genuinely surprised that we have so many fans who are happy with mediocrity.

If Cathro stays and is in charge September 2017. Based on current form we will be 11th heading for relegation. If a new junior apprentice manager with no experience replaces him we are in serious trouble with no access to new players until January 2018. Cathro and levein need to go now. Only players who will be with us next season should play the remaining 5 games

peebles jambo

I wanted him booted after the Scottish debacle, now though I think or I hope he'll get it right before next season is to old, if he doesn't then get rid of him

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Cathro is not the problem. Sack him and all we do is replace him with someone else who is grateful for the opportunity of being micro managed by someone in the background.

We need someone who is their own man and let them get on with the job. It's a hard enough job as it is without people messing with your head.

His team for the most part has been disjointed, unorganised and clueless. Buy yeah, nothing to do with Cathro.

• 2 weeks later...
Cruyff Turn

Could greet at the thought that this spoon will probably get another window and season to utterly ruin us.

Gordon Ramsay

Who are these folk who have voted for him to stay? Stevie Wonder?

Get to **** you utter loser.

The tactical genius just managed to salvage a draw against 10 man Partick Thistle and therefore secure us 5th place, he must stay. 

ToadKiller Dog

Can't believe he still has such backing ,he has shown nothing to get it ,but it's clear he is staying .

It's also clear doing that is setting us back at least in the short to medium .

BonningtonJambo

U have to blind or utter stupid to think we'll go anywhere under this idiot

Shooter McGavin

If I'd seen signs of improvement or a sign of his ability to take us forward then I'd be reluctant to vote for him to go but I've seriously seen nothing to suggest that we can be a sucess under him.

Our squad is also uninspiring and they have to take a big chunk of the blame also.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Intelligent people.

Nookie Bear

Intelligent people.

You're saying intelligent people want Cathro to stay?

If so, present your case - the floor is yours.

Seen enough, half the players aren't trying a leg for him, the other half are going backwards. Wish he would quit as can't see Levein giving him the elbow.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

You're saying intelligent people want Cathro to stay?

If so, present your case - the floor is yours.

Tongue in cheek. :)

Some absolute belters on here believe it to be true though.

Its time to go...nothing for optimism on the park. He talks a good game and clearly knows the theoretical side of game but he doesnt seem to be able to motivate the players for the battles that Scottish football matches are.

Ibrahim Tall

I can vaguely understand people saying give him the rest of the season, ie it's over anyway and there isn't the time to fix that. But I really can't understand anyone that still thinks he should be given the summer never mind until January.

There's literally be no positives from his time here.

Results : horrific

Tactics : out thought by every manager we've come up against

Contracts : failed to persuade any player of value to stay

Improving players : negligible, if anything confidence has been destroyed and players have went backwards.

New Signings : awful

Selling of players : awful

Style of play : do we have a style of play?

Finances : we'll lose a fortune due to dropped league places and ST renewals

European qualification : thrown away

colinmaroon

Change your votes if you now want him to go!

Wait a minute!

Still a bigger majority than Remain and Brexit - but, of course, Hearts fans who don't toe the Bolshie line are all brain dead and couldn't change their vote due to our stupidity.

Jambof3tornado

The tactical genius just managed to salvage a draw against 10 man Partick Thistle and therefore secure us 5th place, he must stay.

Cathro didnt kick the ball straight at the keeper to prevent us winning.

Sonetimes the players are at fault.

He has no control over the dressing room.

The players will not play for him.

Get him the **** out now before he relegates us.

Where do we draw the line. Remember we have 5 away games at the start of the season.

With our away form and Cathro in charge that will be zero points.

Do we trundle along hoping things get better. By the time we realise and change it, it will be too late and we will be cast adrift.

I was all for giving him time, but I'm afraid it's obvious this experiment will fail, time to cut our losses and admit we got it wrong.

Much better doing it now, rather than doing it in October, because it's obvious Cathro has failed

the same people who will still be rolling out the "we should be grateful just to still have a club" speech to cover every word said against the boy. The fans who want him out are the ones thinking with a positive mind. Thats was frustrating, so many people encourage the negativity he brings and want to keep it, crazy.

3fingersreid

Sorry but I just don't have the confidence in him to spend money wisely and build a team that befits the name of Heart of Midlothian.

Don't actually blame him tho ,he was offered a job and rightly took it ,problem is further up the chain .

Sadly even if Cathro goes it will be another junior apprentice in his place. Seemingly this is strategy to be one of the top clubs in the country

Jambof3tornado

He's going nowhere for now. If he did Levein would also have to fall on his sword.

He will get the transfer window and up to xmas and will sink or swim.

I want him to be a success but playing the likes of choulay as a left wing back when we have 3 left backs at the club seems silly(although lightweight i thought he did ok). Left it late with changes today too.

I can't see Ann letting season tickets sales go through the floor and that's what will happen if performances and results don't improve immediately. There is no more room for error.

I think Cathro will be removed before the end of the season.

alanthejambo

I was all for giving him time, but I'm afraid it's obvious this experiment will fail, time to cut our losses and admit we got it wrong.

Much better doing it now, rather than doing it in October, because it's obvious Cathro has failed

I am rapidly heading towards this train of thought.

Archived