Iain Cathro ongoing Poll and discussion Thread

cylawny

Cathro Poll  

1,521 members have voted

1. 1. Cathro stay or go

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The self importance meter is getting off the scale. Unless Ann Budge is posting under cover

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have changed my mind after Saturday.

There can be only so many times we can say yeh we had lots of chances but still dropped points.

He seems incapable of thinking outwith the loan striker. We should be playing 442 at home everytime we play the Partick Thistles of this world.

bauld willie

Not really. Cathro has had half a season. You don't hire a young coach and then only give him half a season. What would be the point? If managers discarded players the same way, hardly anyone would break through. If Cathro continues this form he'll obviously be out by xmas.

We regularly discard players this way when it's clear they are not good enough or don't fit, all clubs do it.

As for Cathro having only had half a season, according, his record speaks volumes, 5 wins in 22 games.

We are not some sort of Ian Cathro benevolent fund, we are a football club, who's aim should be to win games and trophies. It's not happening and needs fixed.

kingantti1874

three undefeated though...

2 draws and a win against teams such as Dundee and Kilmarnock - wowser! Horsed by everyone else since January..

2 draws and a win against teams such as Dundee and Kilmarnock - wowser! Horsed by everyone else since January..

yes i know, i was taking the piss mate.

kingantti1874

yes i know, i was taking the piss mate.

LOL.. Didn't catch that one..

On the poll by the time you factor in all the hibs imposters on here must be close to 50:50

Many on here, without any evidence to back-up the claim, hailed Cathro as the next Mourinho, exactly the same folk to who need to give him some time now.

LOL.. Didn't catch that one..

On the poll by the time you factor in all the hibs imposters on here must be close to 50:50

easily. cant see us doing much with him at the helm next season, sadly :( would obviously love to be proven wrong but i dont want to take the risk, levein needs to accept he made a **** up 

Watt-Zeefuik

Heard from someone that knows Levein well and is media related, that Levein has raised concerns to Ann budge about cathro and his stay could be potentially more short lived than we think. He's not hearts related so no reason to doubt him, but ultimately I'm not sure how legit that is as I always though Levein would decide if cathro go the chop. (This was a few weeks ago, not long before season ticket stuff came out).

Anyway, I'm still undecided about cathro, I want him to do well, but just don't see it yet. Interesting summer ahead indeed!

This would make some sense as moving on from Cathro would have financial implications, which Budge would want input on.  I am sure he'd want to go back to somewhere like Newcastle as a coach but until that was arranged he'd be due his salary, while we were looking to find a new coach.

Watt-Zeefuik

As to replacements, being completely serious, I wonder if we could get Steve Crawford back to take it.

Bazzas right boot

We've had some kind of poll on our head coaches for over a year now.

Tragic, brutal patter.

Corstojohn

Why anyone is bothering with this poll is beyond me. Ian Cathro is going nowhere.

kingantti1874

Why anyone is bothering with this poll is beyond me. Ian Cathro is going nowhere.

How long a timebox are you putting on thay, you think if we fail to win any of our next 10 (which given the opposite on over the next 4 and the fact out first 4 to 6 next season will be away from home) I think is entirely possible.. He already has the lowest win % of any full time hearts manager..

Will we sack him before summer? Probably not.. But he won't see Halloween imo.

Clerry Jambo

A few heavy defeats in the remaining games may well secure Cathro's departure. Budge would be taking a big gamble re season ticket sales and moving onto next season

Bazzas right boot

A few heavy defeats in the remaining games may well secure Cathro's departure. Budge would be taking a big gamble re season ticket sales and moving onto next season

We can all hope, maybe a few other 5-0'd to add to the Celtic one and we'll all be happy. Job done.

We know that. This is not a binding referendum to sack him - it is a straw poll confirming fans opinion of him.

Watt-Zeefuik

For that matter, why do we discuss the players' performance on the pitch?  The job they do is down to them and the coaching staff, not anything the fans will do.

For that matter, why do we discuss....

kingantti1874

We can all hope, maybe a few other 5-0'd to add to the Celtic one and we'll all be happy. Job done.

Oh piss off.. It's not our ****ing fault the manager is inept.. We will all be delighted if we win the next ten.. Or even a respectable number of them.. Call it as it is. He's done a pish job to date - the end.. Hopefully he turns it around before he gets binned. I've seen nothing to suggest he can so far..

Clerry Jambo

Don't know if I'm misreading your post mate, but where did I say I would be happy?

I honestly think Cathro will get the summer and the start of next season, but if we were to take a couple more hidings, wouldn't be surprised to see action taken from above.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't know if I'm misreading your post mate, but where did I say I would be happy?

I honestly think Cathro will get the summer and the start of next season, but if we were to take a couple more hidings, wouldn't be surprised to see action taken from above.

What if he wins a couple? Won't get any credit.

The camps are entrenched :)

I have changed my mind after Saturday.

There can be only so many times we can say yeh we had lots of chances but still dropped points.

He seems incapable of thinking outwith the loan striker. We should be playing 442 at home everytime we play the Partick Thistles of this world.

Even many of the people who accused doubters of being pant wetters etc have started to document dissatisfaction as a prelude to changing their position, although apparently there is no point in expressing reservation as Ann Budge's mind is made up....supposedly. The reality however is that she will listen to the groundswell of the opinion of supporters, just a question of how much time she gives Cathro. The weekend does seem to have removed any realistic prospect of a dramatic turnaround this season. Interesting summer ahead one way or another.

I'd like him to succeed. I'll support him as long as he's in the job. However do I think he should go? Yes. Only because it's not working, there seems to be some sort of imbalance in the workings between his position and those above him. I personally can't see how he can get the development he obviously needs whilst under that climate, whilst it not being a detriment to the current teams performances.

I don't want him to go, but I think it's fruitless his staying. Hearts and Ian Cathro cannot succeed together right now seemingly. Perhaps for a myriad of reasons and factors.

If he gets time and a window etc - fine, and I 100% hope it works out.

1971fozzy

I'd like him too succeed.

I'd like any Hearts manager to succeed.

He won't, believe me he won't. He is utterly useless. Can't pick a team,, can't recruit, can't organise, can't motivate, can't alter tactics to suit during a game, talks in riddles that make no sense, has an absolutely horrific record since taking over, and still rambles on about how we are showing glimpses of his total football project, that replay at Easter Road said everything we should need to know.

Jesus wept - it's actually indefensible. It really is

The fact people are happy continuing on this path shows why and how far Hearts have fallen. We are barely a top 6 side and if he gets a full season we will definitely finish bottom half. My guess is 9th.

1971fozzy

I should also add that he has successfully managed to create one of the worst atmospheres inside Tynecastle since Tommy McLean. And in only a matter of months. Some feat

Watt-Zeefuik

I consider the post-split period his audition to stay for next year.  8 points would seal the deal for me.  6 or 7 and it's iffy.  5 or lower, chuck him.

Joe Hearts

I should also add that he has successfully managed to create one of the worst atmospheres inside Tynecastle since Tommy McLean. And in only a matter of months. Some feat

This.

Nookie Bear

I'll cross that bridge if it ever happens.

kingantti1874

The camps aren't entrenched - it was about 70:30 in his favour about 3 weeks ago.. People have different limits.. That's fair enough.. If he wins a few people will be delighted.

kingantti1874

Tommy McLean 37% win record

Gary locke 34% win record

Mcglynn 29% win record

Cathro 26% win record

Absolutely garbage.. Not only this he's seen us battered by hibs and last game in front of the old stand.. Not only that but he talks more shit than any other manager in out history.. "We will give it a good send off or die trying.."

**** OFF CATHRO YOU WELT

Tommy McLean 37% win record

Gary locke 34% win record

Mcglynn 29% win record

Cathro 26% win record

Absolutely garbage.. Not only this he's seen us battered by hibs and last game in front of the old stand.. Not only that but he talks more shit than any other manager in out history.. "We will give it a good send off or die trying.."

**** OFF CATHRO YOU WELT

A worse record that the much maligned Gary Locke who had no budget and a bunch of youth players to pick from!!!

An absolute disgrace of an appointment from our Dictator of Football.

His Times up for me. Taking Cowie of instead of walker is inexcusable. Currie should have been brought on instead of Johnson. How was number 29 by the way ha ha that just summed up the inept coaching team :lol:

A worse record that the much maligned Gary Locke who had no budget and a bunch of youth players to pick from!!!

An absolute disgrace of an appointment from our Dictator of Football.

This....

kingantti1874

Points won by top six teams since Ian Cathro appointment: Celtic 60, Aberdeen 43, Rangers 32, Saints 30, Partick Thistle 28, Hearts 19.

Surely to **** Hearts fans expect better than this clown. We are turning into a Dunfermline. Lots of fans but absolutely shite.

kingantti1874

Less than a point a game.. If extended over a season wed be looking at between 30/32 points after 35 fixtures.. Wed be bang in relegation trouble.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Just said if he's sacked/ let go then we will regret it.

:(

kingantti1874

Just said if he's sacked/ let go then we will regret it.

:(

Who said that? Cathro?

Cant believe that Cathro stay is still winning in this poll.

I've said it before but there is alot more trolls and Hibs fans on here than are credited.

No Hearts fan wants Cathro to stay. Why would any Hearts fan want the club to be ran this way? We are a ****ing disgrace.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Who said that? Cathro?

I'm paraphrasing but basically yes. If we let him go we'd have to watch him succeed from afar. He's 100% confident in himself.

kingantti1874

I've said it before but there is alot more trolls and Hibs fans on here than are credited.

No Hearts fan wants Cathro to stay. Why would any Hearts fan want the club to be ran this way? We are a ******* disgrace.

In the real world I don't know of any who want him to stay.. There will.be at least 200 hibs fans who've voted for him to stay in this poll.

Gordon Ramsay

I'm paraphrasing but basically yes. If we let him go we'd have to watch him succeed from afar. He's 100% confident in himself.

Arrogant as well as useless then.

**** off Cathro.

kingantti1874

:rofl: not only is he a shite manager he is a hugely unlikable arrogant twat..

Not a chance in hell any footballer who sits in our dressing room has any respect for him. I ****ing hate him and I only have to hear his arrogant pish before and after matches. **** listening to his ego week in week out.

a safe pair of sells

Heard from someone that knows Levein well and is media related, that Levein has raised concerns to Ann budge about cathro and his stay could be potentially more short lived than we think. He's not hearts related so no reason to doubt him, but ultimately I'm not sure how legit that is as I always though Levein would decide if cathro go the chop. (This was a few weeks ago, not long before season ticket stuff came out).

Anyway, I'm still undecided about cathro, I want him to do well, but just don't see it yet. Interesting summer ahead indeed!

I heard this last week too and it wouldn't surprise me. Cathro does seem to be drowning and although many people on here dislike & distrust Levein, he does things that he thinks is best for Hearts and it's getting very close to there being No Way Back for Cathro. If true, she's not going to let him bring players in during the Summer, is she? They may wait till the last game is done & dusted before acting.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Absolutely. I'm past caring now. He'll be away in the near future we'll just have to tough it out. On the bright side the fans have now really started to turn on him and the clubs hand will ultimately be forced.

Cruyff Turn

If Levein cares about Hearts more than himself he will give Cathro the chop at the end of the season.

Big season next season, let's start a fresh page, New team, New manager, something we can all unite behind!

rudi must stay

Not a chance in hell any footballer who sits in our dressing room has any respect for him. I ******* hate him and I only have to hear his arrogant pish before and after matches. **** listening to his ego week in week out.

His assistant doesn't seem very supportive either , just stands there and shouts. Can see Budge getting rid of Cathro, today was a day we were supposed to play well and had to play well, and it was the same old average performance.

Archived