Iain Cathro ongoing Poll and discussion Thread

cylawny

Cathro Poll  

1,521 members have voted

1. 1. Cathro stay or go

kingantti1874

Hi inability to motive players. His nonsensical tactics.

What a waste of time. Incredible that 60% still think this joker I'd a manager.. As guilty as the club..

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bauld willie

I can vaguely understand people saying give him the rest of the season, ie it's over anyway and there isn't the time to fix that. But I really can't understand anyone that still thinks he should be given the summer never mind until January.

There's literally be no positives from his time here.

Results : horrific

Tactics : out thought by every manager we've come up against

Contracts : failed to persuade any player of value to stay

Improving players : negligible, if anything confidence has been destroyed and players have went backwards.

New Signings : awful

Selling of players : awful

Style of play : do we have a style of play?

Finances : we'll lose a fortune due to dropped league places and ST renewals

European qualification : thrown away

Outstanding post.

Your comments about failure to encourage players to sign new contracts is something I hadn't considered, but a key part of any managers role.

Absolutely no chance he'll be away any time soon. We can't afford to pay him off for the remainder of his 3 years contracted while we've got the new stand to pay for. He won't admit he's out of his depth as it'll severely damage his career prospects at such a young age to have already walked out of a club.

He can't walk and we can't sack him.

He's absolutely shite regardless.

I can vaguely understand people saying give him the rest of the season, ie it's over anyway and there isn't the time to fix that. But I really can't understand anyone that still thinks he should be given the summer never mind until January.

Improving players : negligible, if anything confidence has been destroyed and players have went backwards.

The worst thing is you cannot argue with any of this.

waynefozzie

We should have won today - missed too many chances. A disappointing result at home. But three games undefeated is not "horrific." It's just kind of "meh". I'm not changing my vote cause we drew. Give him time means we give him time.

But three games undefeated is not "horrific." It's just kind of "meh". I'm not changing my vote cause we drew. Give him time means we give him time.

How about 1 win in 6, or 4 league wins this calendar year?

Watt-Zeefuik

In the last cycle of 11 games before the split, we've collected 14 points this year.

In the admin year, in the last 11 games before the split under Gary Locke, we collected 15 points.

Don't f---ing tell me it's just the players we have.

kingantti1874

Absolutely no chance he'll be away any time soon. We can't afford to pay him off for the remainder of his 3 years contracted while we've got the new stand to pay for. He won't admit he's out of his depth as it'll severely damage his career prospects at such a young age to have already walked out of a club.

We don't need to sack him or pay him off, hire a manager.. Give devote him to coaches job.. He's a good coach, someone will take him of our hands before long..

We don't need to sack him or pay him off, hire a manager.. Give devote him to coaches job.. He's a good coach, someone will take him of our hands before long..

Can we afford to add another managerial wage budget in these financial conditions?

kingantti1874

Can we afford to add another managerial wage budget in these financial conditions?

Can we afford not to.. This will seriously impact gates

That aside can we afford 2/3k per week? Easily - We just spunked double that on a pitch because the little are used it as an excuse.. It's a left back, or a midfielder..

More important Point is that cathro is a good coach, he'd be off be no Newcastle or equivalent in no time.. He's no manager tho.. He has us playing some of the most weak, feeble hibs shit I've ever witnessed..

Nookie Bear

Constructive dismissal, no?

Had forgotten about the new pitch nonsense. We should charge that to Cathro and the rest of the management who used the pitch as an excuse.

BroughtyJambo

Can we afford not to.. This will seriously impact gates

That aside can we afford 2/3k per week? Easily - We just spunked double that on a pitch because the little are used it as an excuse.. It's a left back, or a midfielder..

More important Point is that cathro is a good coach, he'd be off be no Newcastle or equivalent in no time.. He's no manager tho.. He has us playing some of the most weak, feeble hibs shit I've ever witnessed..

No way is he getting sacked, no way is he walking away either. Levein is too stubborn to admit the choice of manager and players bought are his problem..

The only out I can see is that Benitez wants him back at Newcastle and then Levein saves face

I voted near the start of this thread and it was 75/25 for him to stay.  It's interesting that more and more fans are wanting him out.

I'd give him till December.

bauld willie

Interesting poll on Twitter with 550 votes so far and 54% wanting Cathro out and significantly differing from what we set here.

Makes me think Kickback is not always reflective of the wider Hearts support. There are so many arguments about Cathro here that people seem to have become entrenched in their views no matter what.

I would post a link or screen dump but I don't seem to have the rights here.

For validation it was started by @heartsfc74

But hes young! Oh and hes a highly regarded coach. Didn't you know??

We can't afford to be relegated either.

Paying him off would be cheaper.

This is the thing that gets me - WTF did we give him a 3 year contract in the first place???

It was Cathro's first big gig and he would have jumped at a one and a half years contract FFS!!!!

Levine throws out 3 year contracts like confetti - El Hass, Osh, Sammon, Martin!!!!!

Big Slim Stylee

This is the thing that gets me - WTF did we give him a 3 year contract in the first place???

It was Cathro's first big gig and he would have jumped at a one and a half years contract FFS!!!!

Levine throws out 3 year contracts like confetti - El Hass, Osh, Sammon, Martin!!!!!

I know it didn't work out because of injuries, but no doubt El Hass was worth a punt.  He's a quality footballer.  I'm bemused at Osh.  I really am.  It's not a shite player but some don't settle.  Sammon - he's scoring for fun.  You can see the logic.

Nookie Bear

I know it didn't work out because of injuries, but no doubt El Hass was worth a punt.  He's a quality footballer.  I'm bemused at Osh.  I really am.  It's not a shite player but some don't settle.  Sammon - he's scoring for fun.  You can see the logic.

I agree about El Hass as well, and there should surely be a role for Sammon in the current set up.

Interesting poll on Twitter with 550 votes so far and 54% wanting Cathro out and significantly differing from what we set here.

Makes me think Kickback is not always reflective of the wider Hearts support. There are so many arguments about Cathro here that people seem to have become entrenched in their views no matter what.

I would post a link or screen dump but I don't seem to have the rights here.

For validation it was started by @heartsfc74

Noticed this earlier. Polls beginning to become a bit closer . Support very split on this. Folk saying can see what he is trying to do. Is it a case of the emperor's new clothes. I'm still doubtful experiment will work.

kingantti1874

This will be nearer 60% by the end of the season.. Some heavy defeats incoming I think

alwaysthereinspirit

615 votes. Not even 5% of our average home attendance. I'm going to say the vote is flawed both ways. I voted stay with the understanding he's on a short leash.

That and the fact no one has come up with a viable replacement yet.

I agree about El Hass as well, and there should surely be a role for Sammon in the current set up.

No thanks!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I am right behind him. However I won't be if we don't start next season well.

Either way it doesn't matter a flying **** what I think or any of the collection of around 20 posters who work themselves into a daily frenzy.

Sadly they don't realise diminishes any credibility they had. Counter productive if you really want to be making a difference

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I am right behind him. However I won't be if we don't start next season well.

Either way it doesn't matter a flying **** what I think or any of the collection of around 20 posters who work themselves into a daily frenzy.

Sadly they don't realise diminishes any credibility they had. Counter productive if you really want to be making a difference

More discontent and the club will be forced to listen. It's not that difficult to comprehend. The boos were loud and clear on Saturday with Cathro strolling about the grass.

Tick... :)

Jambof3tornado

More discontent and the club will be forced to listen. It's not that difficult to comprehend. The boos were loud and clear on Saturday with Cathro strolling about the grass.

Tick... :)

Are you claiming the crowd boo'd cathro?

Can we afford not to.

If the poll was started today Cathro would be something like 25% stay 75% sacked.

If the poll was started today Cathro would be something like 25% stay 75% sacked.

Start a poll then :lol:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Are you claiming the crowd boo'd cathro?

People I speak to are starting to see the real problem. The whole team are under performing and the clown in the dugout is rapidly running out of hiding places.

Sunday will be Cathro's last game at Tynecastle. Mark my words. :)

ford donald

It would be more interesting to see how many think Levein, Cathro and McPhee should go.

pleenty I would think,anything less would be a major setback,for Hearts.

socrates82

Let's be honest here. If a section of JKB wanted Neilson out with his comparatively brilliant record, the JKB experts are not going to want cathro to stay! I'm amazed he's still ahead in the poll. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Let's be honest here. If a section of JKB wanted Neilson out with his comparatively brilliant record, the JKB experts are not going to want cathro to stay! I'm amazed he's still ahead in the poll.

Wanting Neilson out was just as ridiculous as wanting Cathro to stay.

socrates82

Wanting Neilson out was just as ridiculous as wanting Cathro to stay.

Not really. Cathro has had half a season. You don't hire a young coach and then only give him half a season. What would be the point? If managers discarded players the same way, hardly anyone would break through. If Cathro continues this form he'll obviously be out by xmas.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Not really. Cathro has had half a season. You don't hire a young coach and then only give him half a season. What would be the point? If managers discarded players the same way, hardly anyone would break through. If Cathro continues this form he'll obviously be out by xmas.

It would take and unprecedented turn of events for Cathro to become even remotely successful. Far too many areas he's lacking. You know it. I know it. The whole of Scottish football knows it.

He should get out now and spend the next ten years really developing himself.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

It would take and unprecedented turn of events for Cathro to become even remotely successful. Far too many areas he's lacking. You know it. I know it. The whole of Scottish football knows it.

His tenure so far has been a disaster, but managers being given time has succeeded before. Not saying I think Cathro will manage to turn it around, but it wouldnt be 'unprecented' should he manage it.

socrates82

Personally I don't think he's a long term head coach - not necessarily because of lack of talent but I don't think he likes the limelight and might be more comfortable as a respected long-term No.2 like an Eric Black or Steve Clarke. Willing to let him have at least a year though!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Personally I don't think he's a long term head coach - not necessarily because of lack of talent but I don't think he likes the limelight and might be more comfortable as a respected long-term No.2 like an Eric Black or Steve Clarke. Willing to let him have at least a year though!

That's where we differ. I would rather not needlessly ruin a season. I was supportive of giving Cathro the job in the first place and was willing to give him next season on the condition that the end of this season wasn't a complete disaster.

Unfortunately that's exactly what has happened and leaving him in control of one of the biggest clubs in Scotland is what I was call negligence from the board.

socrates82

That's where we differ. I would rather not needlessly ruin a season. I was supportive of giving Cathro the job in the first place and was willing to give him next season on the condition that the end of this season wasn't a complete disaster.

Unfortunately that's exactly what has happened and leaving him in control of one of the biggest clubs in Scotland is what I was call negligence from the board.

I"m giving him the benefit of the doubt that a summer transfer window and a pre-season can see him find his feet. To be fair he lost a couple of our best players (few teams outside Celtic do as well without their best player) and took over mid season with just a January window to work with.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

His tenure so far has been a disaster, but managers being given time has succeeded before. Not saying I think Cathro will manage to turn it around, but it wouldnt be 'unprecented' should he manage it.

Bear in mind He's one of the youngest coaches ever at top level and has been struggling badly with the pressure. He's took on something much bigger than him and he knows it. I heard the rumours of him offering to resign are true. I'm sure people on here probably know it to be true also.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I"m giving him the benefit of the doubt that a summer transfer window and a pre-season can see him find his feet. To be fair he lost a couple of our best players (few teams outside Celtic do as well without their best player) and took over mid season with just a January window to work with.

We lost Rossi Souttar and Patterson. But if your being honest with yourself our defence was extremely poor when they were in the team. We were regularly conceding 2/3 goals a game. But we're were still sitting second so that excuse really doesn't wash with me.

Paterson was the only real loss I will give him that.

We lost Rossi Souttar and Patterson. But if your being honest with yourself our defence was extremely poor when they were in the team. We were regularly conceding 2/3 goals a game. But we're were still sitting second so that excuse really doesn't wash with me.

Paterson was the only real loss I will give him that.

We had the second best defensive record in the league, only bettered by Celtic.

magicjohnston

Heard from someone that knows Levein well and is media related, that Levein has raised concerns to Ann budge about cathro and his stay could be potentially more short lived than we think. He's not hearts related so no reason to doubt him, but ultimately I'm not sure how legit that is as I always though Levein would decide if cathro go the chop. (This was a few weeks ago, not long before season ticket stuff came out).

Anyway, I'm still undecided about cathro, I want him to do well, but just don't see it yet. Interesting summer ahead indeed!

Heard from someone that knows Levein well and is media related, that Levein has raised concerns to Ann budge about cathro and his stay could be potentially more short lived than we think. He's not hearts related so no reason to doubt him, but ultimately I'm not sure how legit that is as I always though Levein would decide if cathro go the chop. (This was a few weeks ago, not long before season ticket stuff came out).

Anyway, I'm still undecided about cathro, I want him to do well, but just don't see it yet. Interesting summer ahead indeed!

Was the response from Ann to Levein......"well YOU signed him up!"

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

We had the second best defensive record in the league, only bettered by Celtic.

Just a quick check and we were behind Aberdeen but only by one goal. Thought it was more as we were very weak in defence just before Neilson left. Conceding 8 goals in our previous 5 games.

Archived