Iain Cathro ongoing Poll and discussion Thread

cylawny

Cathro Poll  

1,521 members have voted

1. 1. Cathro stay or go

Have you actually watched us play? Anytime a team applies pressure we break.. some of our performances have been beyond pathetic.. our performance at Easter road was absolutely disgusting... after telling us he'd never put out a team who'd be outfought.

Yes I was at Easter road, yes I left fuming but I'm an adult and in the cold light of day can take a step back and see the bigger picture. We need to add steel , we need to add leaders but I would prefer we continued down the road of trying something different rather than wetting myself at the first sign of issues

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What question? If he wins all 5 I'll be ******* delighted like any real hearts fan, but he won't - because he's a managerial muppet who's talked nothing but shit from day 1.. every time he says something the exact opposite thing happens.

I thought it was obvious.  Would you keep him if he wins all five?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Changing from Neilson to Cathro to Daly.

Nah. I'll pass. Angry people should get a life.

yep that's right -- lots of hobos hanging about here, when they're playing QoS at home in half-an-hour

Im guessing a few will be on mobile phones, just a few mind.

kingantti1874

Yes I was at Easter road, yes I left fuming but I'm an adult and in the cold light of day can take a step back and see the bigger picture. We need to add steel , we need to add leaders but I would prefer we continued down the road of trying something different rather than wetting myself at the first sign of issues

First sign?!? There have been loads of signs of failure .. the fact we have a team on the pitch who look constantly confused being the biggest one

bookmark this thread, whether it's next week, 5 weeks or more likely in 6 months I'll be proven correct. Cathro will disappear back to coaching - he's not a manager

kingantti1874

I thought it was obvious. Would you keep him if he wins all five?

. Yes thought that was obvious from my reply, would you keep him if he loses all 5 which will leave him with a win % in the teens? How many games do we have to be embarrassed in befor enough is enough.

First sign?!? There have been loads of signs of failure .. the fact we have a team on the pitch who look constantly confused being the biggest one

bookmark this thread, whether it's next week, 5 weeks or more likely in 6 months I'll be proven correct. Cathro will disappear back to coaching - he's not a manager

You might be right. My point is 5 months into his first managerial position is not the time to judge. For that reason I think folk like you who have already lost their shit already don't deserve success.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

But you're in the minority, therfore obviously wrong.

Cartman_Special_Olympics_head_icon_30696

. Yes thought that was obvious from my reply, would you keep him if he loses all 5 which will leave him with a win % in the teens? How many games do we have to be embarrassed in befor enough is enough.

I would keep him if he loses all five.

He will get a transfer window shortly and will then have the opportunity of bringing in players to match his chosen style unlike the January window when, just in the job, he had to make do with was available on the cheap.  If results haven't improved, or significant positive signs shown, by say the end of October then he will by then have had a reasonable chance to make his mark.

He will also have to decide which of our youths are going to make the squad as this is an area we need to improve upon.

4 months is way to early to change again .what if the next coach is a failure and the one after that .cathro results so far have been crap but think if next year at this time we are still mid table and as inconsistent then its time to go.then the whole approach to the coaching system and DOF can GTF

Said it before and I'll say it again - this summer is massive for everyone involved in the football department.

Recruitment has to be spot on. I can see what Cathro is trying to do and how he wants us to play, but we really need the correct personel for it to work.

As much as I'm far from happy with how things are going just now, I am going to remain patient for now and give him the time to try and turn things around.

Geoff Kilpatrick

He will get a transfer window shortly and will then have the opportunity of bringing in players to match his chosen style unlike the January window when, just in the job, he had to make do with was available on the cheap. If results haven't improved, or significant positive signs shown, by say the end of October then he will by then have had a reasonable chance to make his mark.

He will also have to decide which of our youths are going to make the squad as this is an area we need to improve upon.

Which, if it transpires like that, is also an indictment on our ?150k a year DoF. The whole point of the role was to ensure continuity, preventing the need for squad revamping. Instead we will have two windows and two revamps. Awesome stuff!

Cathro going means Levein going too, IMO.

davemclaren

Which, if it transpires like that, is also an indictment on our ?150k a year DoF. The whole point of the role was to ensure continuity, preventing the need for squad revamping. Instead we will have two windows and two revamps. Awesome stuff!

I think you are pribably right on that one.

kingantti1874

You might be right. My point is 5 months into his first managerial position is not the time to judge. For that reason I think folk like you who have already lost their shit already don't deserve success.

And I say people who tolerate failure don't deserve success.. how long you giving him out of interest.. 9 months? 12? 36?

kingantti1874

He will get a transfer window shortly and will then have the opportunity of bringing in players to match his chosen style unlike the January window when, just in the job, he had to make do with was available on the cheap. If results haven't improved, or significant positive signs shown, by say the end of October then he will by then have had a reasonable chance to make his mark.

Every player we signed was to fit his chosen style.. quotes directly from the man himself, this is a fact that so many seem to have missed..

Lord Beni of Gorgie

On the same page on this one.

The statement is very clear though. On a clear path and won't be swayed from it.

If we are wallowing bottom 6 at Christmas, only that sort of shambles might get remotely close to a rethink.

But we won't need to. Next season will be great.

Two glass half full days in a row. Despite the tedium, but we have been in worse predicaments than this, and bounced back

Lord Beni of Gorgie

And I say people who tolerate failure don't deserve success.. how long you giving him out of interest.. 9 months? 12? 36?

He hasn't had long enough to fail, only in the eyes of people with no grasp of a long term plan.

Aston Villa crashed and burned by sacking people.

Irony, it's people like you who are more dangerous.

Smashing, super

I was more thinking along the lines of league position and cup finals etc l. Using the word "great" would suggest you've thought that through.

I've said earlier in the season, I'm giving Cathro next season, that won't change, I can't see the Hearts board getting rid of Cathro, he will be here next season. I don't understand why Hearts fans don't get behind our head coach and support him and the team, encourage them to do better, not wanting someone to lose their job every time we go through a spell of bad results. When you add the fact that we needed to bring in 8 new first team players in January including an entirely new back-4, that would be difficult for any manager to get a team functioning together straight away.

Getting rid of Cathro just now puts us back to square one, we bring in another young head coach, don't kid yourself that we will suddenly turn to an experienced manager, it will be another young coach, will we really be in any better a situation in 6 months time if we get rid of Cathro now? Keep Cathro and he'll have 10 months experience under his belt, what remains of this team has at least 9 months playing together, a more settled team should bring improved results.

We've kept 2 clean sheets in our last 2 games with a makeshift defence, 2 right backs, 1 centre back and a midfielder. That's been our back-4 for the last 2 games! If we keep that going, it gives us a solid base to build on going into the split and next season. We've created chances over the last 2 games, 22 shots, 9 on target but only 1 goal scored, improve on that and the results will come.

He hasn't had long enough to fail, only in the eyes of people with no grasp of a long term plan.

Aston Villa crashed and burned by sacking people.

Irony, it's people like you who are more dangerous.

"No grasp of a long term plan"......there is no cohesive plan! Evidenced by the complete shambles in January. Anyone who thinks that the likes of Daly, Kirk et al are going to be appointed when Cathro leaves are living in cloud cuckoo land. It's pure fantasyland stuff. Levein is winging it and pulling the wool over Budge's eyes. He'll get his comeuppance.

colinmaroon

Pretty sure there is at least one already floating about somewhere.

With the same result!

2-1 in favour for Stay.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I was more thinking along the lines of league position and cup finals etc l. Using the word "great" would suggest you've thought that through.

More wins clean sheets away wins. Improved. Cup finals, well they rely on luck. The cup form has been shit so surely it will be greater :)

I am of the opinion we are pissing about at the moment. Maybe wishful thinking but I have seen Hearts bounce back before

Lord Beni of Gorgie

"No grasp of a long term plan"......there is no cohesive plan! Evidenced by the complete shambles in January. Anyone who thinks that the likes of Daly, Kirk et al are going to be appointed when Cathro leaves are living in cloud cuckoo land. It's pure fantasyland stuff. Levein is winging it and pulling the wool over Budge's eyes. He'll get his comeuppance.

His words in January. It will be the players we sign in the summer who will bring this club forward.

You need to listen carefully. This set of players was never the long term plan. A gamble that failed. So what.

This thread and poll just proves that the haters (minority) shout loudest, thankfully our board of directors will see through that.

I've no idea if the Cathro appointment will ever work out and if Mrs B announced today that we were binning him and bringing somebody else in I wouldn't be too upset about it, but I have to come down on the side of him staying as it's just too early for change. Plenty on here don't rate Craig Levein either but they both know a whole lot more about football than I ever will so imo we need to let then get on with it over the summer and see how the first round of fixtures work out next season. 

Tommy Brown

He can't motivate a team. He has the presence of a squirrel. He doesn't have any tactical awareness. He swings games in our opponents favour. The players don't respect him. He made a Gary Locke's Raith Rovers look good. Got rolled over by the worst hibs side we've faced in years. Wanted to sign Martin. Has his own 'ideas' and won't change even though they're not working.

Nailed.

There is nothing to show me he can do it.

Give him the first round of fixtures next season??

No chance, we will being a relegation battle from then on in.

mulleted_jambo

I think as a new manager he was thrown under the bus a bit by selling so many players in January then injuries to Patterson and Souttar didn't help. We need to give him a chance to bring in his own players not ones that were forced by injuries and unexpected sales. He had to take what he could get in January.

I doubt many managers find it easy building a whole new team in January never mind a 30 year old in his first job.

Nookie Bear

Did anyone actually expect a man who hasn't managed before to hit the ground running and not make mistakes? Best things come to those who wait but if we can't provide a bit patience we deserve nowt. Strap yourself in for some ups and downs, grow a set of nuts and stop shiting yourself after 5 mins

Nah

Cathro Out.

Give a new young coach a chance in the top job.

But just give him 3 months.

Yes that's a sensible approach.

waynefozzie

This thread and poll just proves that the haters (minority) shout loudest, thankfully our board of directors will see through that.

It's pretty funny. The other poll showed a big majority wanting Cathro to stay. So the haters demanded another poll, which so far shows a big majority wanting Cathro to stay.

They should try hiring a plane or stick to starting twenty threads a day full of the same pish:

It's a joke/embarrassment/disgrace.

Hearts is no place for a rookie.

We were second when he took over and he...

Destroyed Nielson's squad for no reason.

Clearly out of his depth. The...

Experiment has failed and we need more...

Scottish players. Can't believe the...

Happy clappers will put up with this...

Imposter and his...

Hippie sidekick and their...

Notes and...

Laptops. Budge must end...

Levein's vanity project.

It's the worst game/season/manager/league position I've ever seen and I've had a season ticket since the 1920s.

My mate has followed Hearts since 1551 (well, he went a few times in 2006 and saw us hump some diddy teams in the wee league) but no way is he or anyone else I know renewing.

I'd say it proves the board is infested with vermin.

Still stay for me. As unpopular as that may be on here. Needs more time and I'm interested to see what the change in recruitment policy may bring

Who says there will be a change in recruitment policy? Get him to f---

fraz the postie

I've voted stay,

As a poster already said we should be in favour of a long term plan,

Organising our own academy to bring through and or develop our own youth players.

I don't want a flash in the pan second or third place finish I want hearts established at the top of Scottish football.

You must be the most amazing wonderful chap ever if you've haven't made mistakes in your chosen career.

CL seems to be a hobby horse of yours - try and dismount for a few months.  Repetition does not enhance your opinion.

There are many threads to the running of the club and while CL oversees it he must delegate and trust.  One could blame your compatriot John Murray who may not be scouting the right players, McPhee who supposedly analyses teams before we play them, the physio who may not have the players as fit as they should be or the owner who supposedly sanctions all hiring/firing.

Getting a bit like the Scottish referendum and Brexit situations - keep having polls until you get the result you want!

Times change. You'd probably wait until we were in the Championship before we had a poll.

Watt-Zeefuik

Gone at season's end please.  Unless he somehow manages to get 7 points off of Rangers, Celtic, and Aberdeen post-split.  Then he can stay.

Definitely until Christmas, perhaps all of next year. What do we have to lose ? The difference between finishing 6th or 3rd? It's worth the gamble in my opinion . I bet there's a few man Utd fans thankful they didn't join the fergie out campaign in the 80's.

Changing from Neilson to Cathro to Daly.

Nah. I'll pass. Angry people should get a life.

Angry you say. I call it common sense. If Cathro can't do the job, which he can't, he should be sacked. I believe some of you stay voters believe that this is an attack on Ann Budge but it's not. It's a vote to tell Ann that her employed management is incompetent.

I've always said any manager needs two transfer windows before you can truly say a team is his. I'll not be a hypocrite just because things ain't goin great.

Christmas is when I'll review my position.

How bad do Hearts have to get before people on here waken up. In the real world at work, in my Hearts club, my family & friends have i met anyone who thinks Cathro and Levein shouldn't be sacked.

I voted Cathro out. When we had these polls for Robbie, i always voted in favour of Robbie staying. It was pretty obvious levein would install another rookie manager. One that might not work but levein being levein he will never admit the mistake..

Just shows the difference in opinion in the Hearts support. Opening poster must have been convinced and hoped this poll would show a massive out vote and cement his opinion on the whole debate. Voted stay myself for the time being but in all honesty if he was to leave tomorrow then I wouldn't care a jot. Football the game that throws up different opinions everywhere, love it!

So watching Hearts at the moment there is many with a season ticket can't be arsed even going it's so bad. Aye ok then. Let's continue with this

Gordon Ramsay

Gone at season's end please. Unless he somehow manages to get 7 points off of Rangers, Celtic, and Aberdeen post-split. Then he can stay.

If that happens I'll run down Gorgie road naked.

In all seriousness I think last night was probably our last point of the season.

He's not going anywhere though so we'll just have to deal with another season of getting humped off Hibs, shite cup runs and mediocre mid table finish.

Tommy Brown

Definitely until Christmas, perhaps all of next year. What do we have to lose ? The difference between finishing 6th or 3rd? It's worth the gamble in my opinion . I bet there's a few man Utd fans thankful they didn't join the fergie out campaign in the 80's.

FFS Fergie was a proven manager prior to Man Utd.

Cathro has a squad that would get a game with any bottom 6 club. He is a shambles, there is nothing there.

We give him next season, we will regret it big time.

Archived