Indy Ref Part Deux

Armageddon

Space Mackerel

So who's going to lead Better Taegether 2?

Not a lot of choice out there now. I can't think of a single one.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rubbish a usual.

The UK oil revenues go forward will be around zero, even with Clair Ridge production forecast in. It is estimated to produce about .4 billion barrels over its lifetime. The UKCS will produce about 5 billion in future, well short of Ecks 24 billion. Revenues all depend on the oil price but the latest treasury forecast is not good.

SNP have already stated they will not factor in oil revenues next time as there is a high chance they will be zero or even negative.

heard it , you can't hide it, its coming.

Typical unionist lies.

deesidejambo

I think so too.

It's all very well saying 62% of Scotland voted to remain the in EU BUT the EU referendum turnout was 67% against 85% for the Independence referendum. Out of the 67% turnout many were Yes voters that voted to leave the EU.

Some 20% of eligible voters didn't turn out that's a big drop. And no one knows how they would vote.

The other gamble is the No voters in that 67% will they feel strongly enough about remaining in the EU that they'll be happy to vote for independence ?

Big big gamble considering polls showing support for another another referendum are only 50/50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Poll support for another referendum in the short-term are not 50/50, more 40/60 for No.  Even Yes voters were against it.

Theresa can use this as a mandate to tell Nicola to shove it though.  But will she?

deesidejambo

David Cameron is free!

Joke btw.

It will Be Ruth Davidson imo

Outside bet... Gordon Brown

Project Fear mk2 starting on Sky News saying Scotland wouldn't be allowed in NATO :lol:

You mean project fact?

NATO has nuclear weaponry as part of the membership.

deesidejambo

heard it , you can't hide it, its coming.

Typical unionist lies.

Show me where I am lying.  Or retract.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

Semantics eh? ISO don't class Scotland as a country in the way France is.

Quebec leaving Canada would be like Fife leaving Scotland, So it's kind of different.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

You mean project fact?

NATO has nuclear weaponry as part of the membership.

ALBANIA (2009)

BELGIUM (1949)

BULGARIA (2004)

CANADA (1949)

CROATIA (2009)

CZECH REPUBLIC (1999)

DENMARK (1949)

ESTONIA (2004)

FRANCE (1949)

GERMANY (1955)

GREECE (1952)

HUNGARY (1999)

ICELAND (1949)

ITALY (1949)

LATVIA (2004)

LITHUANIA (2004)

LUXEMBOURG (1949)

NETHERLANDS (1949)

NORWAY (1949)

POLAND (1999)

PORTUGAL (1949)

ROMANIA (2004)

SLOVAKIA (2004)

SLOVENIA (2004)

SPAIN (1982)

TURKEY (1952)

THE UNITED KINGDOM (1949)

THE UNITED STATES (1949)

Do all of them have nukes?

Which ones do you not hate then?

The Queen who I think works her arse off and very much contributes. However I am certainly not'loyal'so please don't go there.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

The Queen who I think works her arse off and very much contributes. However I am certainly not'loyal'so please don't go there.

Apart from Harry and William they are all freeloaders. How much are the renovations costing you the hard working tax payer?

HaymarketJambo

I thought the SNP were anti NATO so not getting in won't be a problem for them.

The SNP policy now is to be a member of NATO.  

Maybe we should ask the Labour Party the same question under the wonderful Leadership of Mr Corbyn?

Quebec leaving Canada would be like Fife leaving Scotland, So it's kind of different.

Nah, not a good analogy. The Qu?b?cois (sorry not being pretentious, spell check did it) always had a separate identity probably more so than Scotland and England due to language and culture. They were (well the French Canadians) fighting wars about this with the UK around the same time as Culloden.

Recent Poll support for another referendum in the short-term are not 50/50, more 40/60 for No. Even Yes voters were against it.

Theresa can use this as a mandate to tell Nicola to shove it though. But will she?

I don't think she will. What I think May will do which makes more sense politically is to say yes you can have your Indy 2 but not until after the U.K. Has left the EU. So not in 18months time but maybe summer/Autumn 2019 will NS accept this? Will the extremists accept it? Because if the U.K. We're to come out with a very good deal then there is no chance Independence will win.

I voted yes last time. I will be voting no next time because I genuinely believe we are better out of the EU. If we had a choice of out of the U.K. And out of the EU that would be my preference but there's no way the SNP will allow that question because they know far to many yes voters voted to leave the EU as well. Jeez even the SNP party are split on the EU question but we're party whipped into voting to remain. John Swinney was on the leave side a while ago. The SNP like the Tories had many Euro sceptics but they have been whipped into line.

I'm not of the belief we should have Independence at any cost. If I can be convinced not by public forums or people shouting daft stats but by genuine hard evidence and facts then that could change.

I don't believe we can afford it given certain figures given to us before have actually been proven to be false and misleading.

If you listen to her speech again, she doesnt mention staying in the EU. Only the free market. That'll do me.

ALBANIA (2009)

BELGIUM (1949)

BULGARIA (2004)

CANADA (1949)

CROATIA (2009)

CZECH REPUBLIC (1999)

DENMARK (1949)

ESTONIA (2004)

FRANCE (1949)

GERMANY (1955)

GREECE (1952)

HUNGARY (1999)

ICELAND (1949)

ITALY (1949)

LATVIA (2004)

LITHUANIA (2004)

LUXEMBOURG (1949)

NETHERLANDS (1949)

NORWAY (1949)

POLAND (1999)

PORTUGAL (1949)

ROMANIA (2004)

SLOVAKIA (2004)

SLOVENIA (2004)

SPAIN (1982)

TURKEY (1952)

THE UNITED STATES (1949)

No but all must contribute financially and agree to allow nuclear subs dock or refuel and also agree to early warning stations making each country just as big a target as those with Nuclear weapons

Anyway it's a great platform for Ruth Davidson to improve her standing.

Brutal chat. If Scotland ever hand themselves over to Tory or Labour then I'd consider moving abroad.

Psychedelicropcircle

She was German till a hundred year ago....

DanishTam10

Tories taking back devolved powers (farming, fishing), Tory government for the rest of your life, further austerity, embarrassment at your country voting against it's own self-determination (twice).

From the EU, then hoping you can give them straight back to the EU. this is why so many areas had SNP leave voters. 

I don't even know where to begin with this .

We could leave behind OUR national debt?

Could we?

And rUK would not treat that as an effective debt default why?

And would retaliate how?

We have no obligation to take any of the UK's national debt. If the UK then takes the huff then that's up to them.

deesidejambo

I don't think she will. What I think May will do which makes more sense politically is to say yes you can have your Indy 2 but not until after the U.K. Has left the EU. So not in 18months time but maybe summer/Autumn 2019 will NS accept this? Will the extremists accept it? Because if the U.K. We're to come out with a very good deal then there is no chance Independence will win.

Indeed but thats what NS should be after in the first place!       It makes sense for every person to see how Brexit pans out then ask for Independence if it is not working for Scotland.     That seems a balances approach.  But Nicola can't wait.

loveofthegame

We have no obligation to take any of the UK's national debt. If the UK then takes the huff then that's up to them.

Sounds like outrageous optimism. Just like the whole "we'll keep all the oil" was. The whole oil argument worked out well last time...

I do wonder what economic lies the SNP will come up with this time to try to fool the masses.

DanishTam10

The third, commonly called second, indyref, it isn't about Better Together. It is a choice between the brexit deal and whatever people think a scotland outside the uk but aiming to be in the EU is.

So May says we don't need another deeply divisive referendum.. yet it was ok for her party to hold a deeply divisive referendum on Europe, simply to settle a long running argument within the party.

Need someone to blame for causing this? Look no further than David Cameron.

You stated "Scotland are the only country never to take independence when offered".

That just isn't true, I gave an example of Quebec.

Regarding trade, our natural trading partner is the one with which we have a land border. It's cheaper for transport, we speak the same language and use the same currency. Trading with Europe is a good revenue stream but not comparable.

Excuse me, but why can't Scotland have free trade with world, post Indy while part of a single market with England and the EU. Or do we just get felt.

Oh most people trade in English these days.

deesidejambo

bp clare ridge project.

www.bp.com

Exactly, estimated Reserve are 0.64 billion, not 0.4.  My bad.

So add that to the 5 billion from existing fields, then round up to 6 billion, thats 18 billion short of Ecks forecast which even the SNP now say was wrong.

Seymour M Hersh

Face it. It is happening.

No it's not nippy is jumping up and down making demands here and there. May could easily tell her to bolt. Westminster not the Holyrood decides how long a generation is.

ALBANIA (2009)

BELGIUM (1949)

BULGARIA (2004)

CANADA (1949)

CROATIA (2009)

CZECH REPUBLIC (1999)

DENMARK (1949)

ESTONIA (2004)

FRANCE (1949)

GERMANY (1955)

GREECE (1952)

HUNGARY (1999)

ICELAND (1949)

ITALY (1949)

LATVIA (2004)

LITHUANIA (2004)

LUXEMBOURG (1949)

NETHERLANDS (1949)

NORWAY (1949)

POLAND (1999)

PORTUGAL (1949)

ROMANIA (2004)

SLOVAKIA (2004)

SLOVENIA (2004)

SPAIN (1982)

TURKEY (1952)

THE UNITED STATES (1949)

Agreement with the principle of nukes

deesidejambo

So May says we don't need another deeply divisive referendum.. yet it was ok for her party to hold a deeply divisive referendum on Europe, simply to settle a long running argument within the party.

Need someone to blame for causing this? Look no further than David Cameron.

Yup. DC rolled the dice one too many times.  But Nicola is doing the same - she should wait till Brexit settles down so the Country can make an informed decision as a whole.  But her excitement got the better of her so its chaos time.

Seymour M Hersh

Exactly, estimated Reserve are 0.64 billion, not 0.4.  My bad.

So add that to the 5 billion from existing fields, then round up to 6 billion, thats 18 billion short of Ecks forecast which even the SNP now say was wrong.

Add to that the massive increase in US shale oil that will keep the price of a barrel below $50.00 for decades but the nato will just ignore the facts as they did 3 years ago. 

Complete bollocks. How much of the debt belomgs to Scottish/ex Scottish Banks?

Do you want to liquidate and sack several thousand workers at these companies instead?

Cruyff Turn

No it's not nippy is jumping up and down making demands here and there. May could easily tell her to bolt. Westminster not the Holyrood decides how long a generation is.

That point just proves everything wrong with the Union tbh.

DanishTam10

I hate referendums. 

We could have attempted to have a congestion charge in Edinburgh, via democratic bodies, but we had that referendum.

We definitely voted to remain in the UK. But here we are again. 

We could have elected a government to take us out of the EU. Instead we had another bloody referendum. 

These referendums, are shit. I am sick of them. 

They bring out the worst in people.

Exactly, estimated Reserve are 0.64 billion, not 0.4. My bad.

8billion barrels, did you miss that bit?

The oil price may be down, but the oil is still there. Aw naw it's gonnae stop raining when we're independent, the whiskey will be down to 1billion barrels and the wind and waves will be gone, taking all our renewable energy. Now vote no and we'll keep our weather.

Seymour M Hersh

How exactly does it prove that?

One side can dictate to the other when shit happens but the other side can't?

That just proves what is wrong with nationalism.

Nookie Bear

Yup. DC rolled the dice one too many times.  But Nicola is doing the same - she should wait till Brexit settles down so the Country can make an informed decision as a whole.  But her excitement got the better of her so its chaos time.

She needs the chaos. The Brexit vote was perfect for the Indy movement.

There is a bit of an argument building that the English Tories wouldn't mind Scotland being independent. Then a United Ireland though that is further away.

The Englanders have been emboldened by Brexit.

May will allow the referendum. Perhaps the timing to be negotiated i.e. after Brexit.

Aye, The English didn't white themselves when asked the question. Showed us right up.

When it comes to Brexit negotiations and the agreement to the ultimate settlement, of all concerned on the EU side, ALL of it's people have proper representation from the member states AND all devolved assemblies contained within. Everyone is getting a say and practical input. Not on the UK side. The UK devolved parliaments are not invited. Even the 'equal partners'.

That's the true nature of the UK and the new order of Empire II. We're not partners.. we're a colony.

Excuse me, but why can't Scotland have free trade with world, post Indy while part of a single market with England and the EU. Or do we just get felt.

Oh most people trade in English these days.

Non tariff free trade? Good luck with that. Currency is an issue too. I'll wait and see what is on the table.

Harry Potter

Project Fear mk2 starting on Sky News saying Scotland wouldn't be allowed in NATO :lol:

We have a plane at Tyne, arm it with flour in bags, cause a right mess :taz:had to exit facebook, seethin is too much.

Space Mackerel

David Cameron is free!

Joke btw.

Nigel Farage?

It will Be Ruth Davidson imo

Outside bet... Gordon Brown

That would be disastrous for them.

Mooth for obvious reasons and Labour will not cosy up to the Torys after their electoral hiding after 2014.

Gordon Brown would get slaughtered in any debate after his Vow promises.

Complete bollocks. How much of the debt belomgs to Scottish/ex Scottish Banks?

Do you want to liquidate and sack several thousand workers at these companies instead?

Assets and debts even themselves out, thought I'd mention it. Oh and our payments to the Debt interest has topped what our share was in 2008 and the debt has no more than doubled. And you think we're better off inside the UK.

Ruth Davidson though no formal group this time

Labour too upset at all those nasty Nats calling them names for it

Space Mackerel

Yup. DC rolled the dice one too many times. But Nicola is doing the same - she should wait till Brexit settles down so the Country can make an informed decision as a whole. But her excitement got the better of her so its chaos time.

So she should just hide in a corner and wait to see what the imperial masters say?

I don't think you've got the just of what actually is going on, seriously.

Space Mackerel

Ruth Davidson though no formal group this time

Labour too upset at all those nasty Nats calling them names for it

That'll do me.

She couldn't even persuade most of her own party in the EU debates.

Non tariff free trade? Good luck with that. Currency is an issue too. I'll wait and see what is on the table.

So the UK will be tariff free, it gets better with ever piece of scaremongering.

Cruyff Turn

How exactly does it prove that?

The UK is not a country before you start with that pish, it is a Kingdom of two Countries who are supposed to be equals.

Within the Parliament of the UK the the Scottish electorate voted overwhelmingly for the SNP, they did not elect English Tories.

So what is the point in having a UK parliament if the MP's voted for by the electorate to represent them here in Scotland have less say than the MP for Maidenhead?

Archived