Indy Ref Part Deux

Armageddon

you are half way there. You think it was smart erased, he thought it was offensive and replied in kind, You didn't like it. You started it and should apologise first, but that is up to you.

As for Nicola, I clearly stated that she attracted this abuse because she has shown she cares not a jot for anyone who doesn't support her ideals. If she ran a purely positive campaign, and kept her cyber Nats under control, then that may well see a reciprocation from the opposition. She won't though, or at least I don't believe she will. She will be aggressive, she will refuse to countenance any thought she could be wrong and she will encourage her attack dogs to go out and inflict as much damage as they can on her opposition. If there are any complains by them, as happened in last referendum, WHICH YOU LOST, then it will be brushed off as something that was unimportant and just politics. If it happens to pro campaigners, then these same people who brush off their attacks will demand action and claim victimisation. The other side will do exactly the same.

It will split the country again at a time when you would have thought she should be fighting to get a deal from Scotland during Brexit negotiations, but that is not important when she believes in one thing above anything else and that is independence at any cost to anyone.

Nope. You are wrong again. We were making smart arsed comments to each other. He took one of mine and intentionally attempted to wrongly suggest it was a threat of rape. That is a disgusting escalation. Step too far.

I listened to Sturgeon's statement today and she was balanced, honest and coherent. She was not aggressive, nor was she abusive. She spoke passionately about the will of the people and as ever she was respectful and intelligent.

You read the abuse that she received and the first thought and only response you could come up with, was that she attracts those sort of comments because she campaigns for independence. You didn't say that that sort of abuse is unacceptable and shouldn't happen, you claimed she attracts it like followers of the football team she apparently supports and Neil Lennon.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ibrahim Tall

Because they are a Unionist Party - its their credo.

And the idea of a Union is both parties benefit from it.     Each gives something to the other and each receives.   Scotland for example receives money via the Barnett Formula.     Trade between the two has no tariffs, no border controls  and issues such as defence and fisheries protection are shared.   There are plenty benefits of federalism, as the USA demonstrates.

If that were true then why are only the negatives of Scotland ever highlighted? All that's ever said is how Scotland is effectively an ungrateful benefit sucking parasite receiving far more than its fair share in income with a failing education and health service completely reliant on English trade and English money with an economy and political system that would completely collapse on its own if Westminster wasn't there to hold its hand and it should be more grateful and feel lucky to have such a benevolent neighbour willing to look after it to no benefit of its own.

That negativity is the main reason 'indyref' was still on the table and not killed off after the first time. There was literally no 'positive' case made for staying. Negativity might scare someone into making a decision but it doesn't change feelings or opinions in the long run, if the 'No' campaign genuinely want to win and prevent a further future referendum if this one goes there way then they need to start making positive arguments.

That is one of the most offensive posts I have ever read on JKB. As part of the older generation who voted Brexit and Voted No in 2014 I would like to suggest that perhaps we have a bit more wisdom than some of the headbangers on here ..............and there are plenty to choose from.

No voter with wisedom, nae bother.

You voted no but leave, why? Is it only a certain type of union you like.

I don't even know where to begin with this .

We could leave behind OUR national debt?

Could we?

And rUK would not treat that as an effective debt default why?

And would retaliate how?

Do you think the UK should have to pay to leave the EU? If you don't then why should Scotland's position be any different in leaving the UK.

Complete bollocks. How much of the debt belomgs to Scottish/ex Scottish Banks?

Do you want to liquidate and sack several thousand workers at these companies instead?

All the former Scottish banks or now UK government banks.

No voter with wisedom, nae bother.

You voted no but leave, why? Is it only a certain type of union you like.

Is there only certain types of Unions you dislike?

I honestly do not get the complete obsession with wanting to be in the EU?

Do you think the UK should have to pay to leave the EU? If you don't then why should Scotland's position be any different in leaving the UK.

Are you a bit special? How can you not see the difference here?

That is one of the most offensive posts I have ever read on JKB. As part of the older generation who voted Brexit and Voted No in 2014 I would like to suggest that perhaps we have a bit more wisdom than some of the headbangers on here ..............and there are plenty to choose from.

Claims to have wisdom but voted to leave the EU. Doesn't even read how ****ed up this decision is and the implications.

As for the most offensive post you have read, you obviously haven't read kickback for very long.

Here is one. The largest single market in the world.

Tbh shouldn't need any more reason to Want to remain.

Secede from the Union? This isn't Fort Sumter, 1861.

If Theresa says no, the SNP can do nothing and she'll probably be applauded quietly by the silent majority in Scotland.

You don't have a Scooby do you. If the SNP called a UDI there's feck all the WM government could do about. End of.

But they'll go the referendum way.

jambo lodge

Claims to have wisdom but voted to leave the EU. Doesn't even read how ****ed up this decision is and the implications.

As for the most offensive post you have read, you obviously haven't read kickback for very long.

Cant be bothered with responding to spoiled children, suggest you concentrate at school more.

deesidejambo

All the bitterness, hate and vitriol surfaces from only one side of the argument.

And all the glibness and smarm and smilies from the other.

I personally am sad that the country is torn apart again, as this thread demonstrates.

But the only way to sort it out is to go through it all again.

Scotland loses either way.

No, Remain vote up here justified my vote. Why do you vote leave again? Immigrants? Why?

Malinga the Swinga

Nope. You are wrong again. We were making smart arsed comments to each other. He took one of mine and intentionally attempted to wrongly suggest it was a threat of rape. That is a disgusting escalation. Step too far.

I listened to Sturgeon's statement today and she was balanced, honest and coherent. She was not aggressive, nor was she abusive. She spoke passionately about the will of the people and as ever she was respectful and intelligent.

You read the abuse that she received and the first thought and only response you could come up with, was that she attracts those sort of comments because she campaigns for independence. You didn't say that that sort of abuse is unacceptable and shouldn't happen, you claimed she attracts it like followers of the football team she apparently supports and Neil Lennon.

You wil not accept any responsibility for your comments, which comes as no surprise when you read your other posts.mwho appointed you as the person who draws the line as to what is smart arsed and what is offensive. I repeat, you give out abuse but you do not like receiving it back. Have you considered that you offended the other poster, that he didn't think your comment was funny or smart arsed, that you insulted him, or are you the sole arbitrator of what is and isn't acceptable.

You believe she was these things, others believe she was self serving, dishonest and blinkered. She was abusive to the millions who voted against independence as she ignored their express desire to remain in the UK. She was not respectful to that decision at all. As for the will of the people, she was ignoring the will of the people by ignoring the last referendum.

You again ignore the clear view that 'if you live by the sword, you die by the sword'. Sort out her own support and the other side may do the same. She won't though, because she isn't bothered about it.

Now,for last point. If Lennon wasn't so aggressive, he may attract less vitriol. He certainly does not deserve the attention he gets from the lunatic fringe because of his religion, and if you look at any of the threats concerning this, as I know you like to do, you will see I 100% back him and his right to do his job. I still don't like his behaviour, such as 2012 semi final, but he didn't deserve to be attacked at Tynecastle.

No, Remain vote up here justified my vote. Why do you vote leave again? Immigrants? Why?

I remember i8 was a Remainer. The only reason I remember is I had him down as a nailed on Brexiter. He is a confused laddie.

And all the glibness and smarm and smilies from the other.

I personally am sad that the country is torn apart again, as this thread demonstrates.

But the only way to sort it out is to go through it all again.

Scotland loses either way.

Scotland isn't divided, Scots are united, Brits vote no, not Scots and Scotland loses only under oppression of WM rule.

You and few others have the chance to cure your Stockholm syndrome.

Phil Dunphy

I can't wait to vote No again this time.

And the next time. And the next. And the time after that.

Malinga the Swinga

All the bitterness, hate and vitriol surfaces from only one side of the argument.

nope, both sides guilty, but then again, if you actually lived here, you would know that. Take the easy option, live elsewhere and look in from the outside criticising those who live and breathe in Scotland. What a hypocrite you really are, what a loser of a hypocrite.

132goals1958

It is actually a very tactically astute move by the SNP/Sturgeon. She knows if the tories oppose the referendum then there could potentially be a massive backlash and the tories once again losing any ground they may have won in Scotland.

I wish the older generation would just **** off tbh. They caused Brexit, they voted no and they continue to be right thorns in the side of the generation that actually matter now.

By the time we are their age they will have left us **** all, we will all be 100 before we get to retire and all because of past decisions made by dinosaurs

With an attitude like that I actually feel sorry for you.

Trapper John McIntyre

You mean the side that hates the older people who vote No?

deesidejambo

Scotland isn't divided, Scots are united, Brits vote no, not Scots and Scotland loses only under oppression of WM rule.

To say that anyone who votes no isn't a Scot is insulting.

Malinga the Swinga

Better watch as you may have made the cull list. Apparently, you are part of the problem as you insist on breathing and generally being alive whereas if you were dead, or ignored as we should call it according to Alim, then his generation would get everything and make all the right decisions. What happens when he/she becomes older is not clear.

Phil Dunphy

The bitterness comes from the Unionist side.

It's really difficult to be bitter when we won, like.

:verysmug:

deesidejambo

'Torn apart'. The last referendum energized the country politically. This thread is a testament to it.

The bitterness comes from the Unionist side. I get it though, they voted No (and potentially leave) only to face another referendum.

However, the SNP are correct to call for one given all that transpired following 2014.

If you lived here you will see that many are not keen on another referendum due to the divisions it causes, as evidenced by your accusations against one side and not the other.

But you don't so keep making things up.

Trapper John McIntyre

'Torn apart'. The last referendum energized the country politically. This thread is a testament to it.

The bitterness comes from the Unionist side. I get it though, they voted No (and potentially leave) only to face another referendum.

However, the SNP are correct to call for one given all that transpired following 2014.

What has transpired exactly? Total War? Bombing raids? Mass executions? Deportations of entire population groups? 

What a drama queen.

deesidejambo

What has transpired exactly? Total War? Bombing raids? Mass executions? Deportations of entire population groups?

What a drama queen.

Hibs winning the cup swing it.

But it's correct that the Brexit surprise was a material change.

But I'd be interested to hear from previous No voters who will now vote Yes. Without them the result will be the same.

Malinga the Swinga

Why is it assumed that everyone who voted No also voted to leave the EU. I was happy to vote Remain in the EU referendum and also No to breaking the union. Plenty of others did the same. More than likely plenty who voted Yes to break union also voted to leave EU.

Of course, posters who live in Scotland will know that, but those who live abroad remain as ill informed and ignorant as ever. Their are certainly examples of that ignorance shining through on here.

Trapper John McIntyre

Hibs winning the cup swing it.

But it's correct that the Brexit surprise was a material change.

But I'd be interested to hear from previous No voters who will now vote Yes. Without them the result will be the same.

It changed little in the polls.

Its just an excuse. One that'll hopefully backfire badly on the gnatz.

I'm Scottish and a no voter. Deal with it.

Many reasons but yeah immigration was and is the main one. Now I know I said the nasty 'I' word but for people who pay lots of tax unlike yourself and have serious concerns over homeland security it is a strong factor. I also do not want to dilute our culture, way of life and traditions and this is also under threat.

"Scotland welcomes all refugees"

:facepalm:

This will win a 'no' vote once again so keep that pish up, please.

Phil Dunphy

What's your basis for labeling me a troll just out of curiousity?

Mostly because you're saying ridiculous things in the hope to get attention.

Like other trolls.

deesidejambo

It changed little in the polls.

Its just an excuse. One that'll hopefully backfire badly on the gnatz.

It will.

The polls have not moved statistically. Even worse is the Mori poll that showed 38% of the electorate will vote No regardless of future events whilst only 28% of Nats say the same,.

This means the Nats have a huge job to convert over 60% of the Dont knows to Yes. This will need something major to transpire.

Malinga the Swinga

The third time you've attacked me for residing abroad - I am over here studying and working. I said before that I have family, property, investments friends etc. in Scotland and hope to return. I'd be offended at being labeled a loser by anyone but you.

. Make it a fourth then. You won't stay here, but maintain property whilst those who are here struggle to find places to stay. You hope to return? I hope you never ever darken my countries shores again.

What a trolling hypocrite you are. Nice to see others recognise you for what you are as well.

Phil Dunphy

Not quite Phil. Was simply stating that if one side was guilty of using derogatorary terms more than the other, it tended to be the Unionists. There's 13 pages of evidence on this thread to back it.

You need better bait than that to get me to bite.

Sorry.

deesidejambo

. Make it a fourth then. You won't stay here, but maintain property whilst those who are here struggle to find places to stay. You hope to return? I hope you never ever darken my countries shores again.

What a trolling hypocrite you are.

Once No win he will hopefully never return.

Thunderstruck

Fair being a constant stream of fear, negativity and bullshit finished off with a list of promises that never happened.

Right you are pal...

Let's not talk of the White Paper, that paragon of truth and honesty. Let's not talk of Salmond and his greed and grievance agenda. Let's not talk of Salmond and his bare-faced lies.

Let's, instead, look ahead to another 2 or 3 years of governmental paralysis as resource is devoted to another quixotic tilt at windmills. All the while, education, health, transport, law and order and local government will continue to be ignored and continue to suffer.

Utterly, utterly bonkers.

Phil Dunphy

Generally when people start saying things like "I own property in this other country, as well as having financial investments to keep my interest", they are talking absolute shite.

I have no doubt that this rule applies again here.

deesidejambo

Not quite Phil. Was simply stating that if one side was guilty of using derogatorary terms more than the other, it tended to be the Unionists. There's 13 pages of evidence on this thread to back it.

Didn't you post that it was one side only?

Teresa May really just does not quite know what she is saying at times........seemingly forgetting what she is involved in at present

Telling Nicola Sturgeon to stop playing politics with the future of the country..is that not what she is doing

Hypocrisy at it's best

Teresa May really just does not quite know what she is saying at times........seemingly forgetting what she is involved in at present

Telling Nicola Sturgeon to stop playing politics with the future of the country..is that not what she is doing

Hypocrisy at it's best

That is not what she said or meant though was it. She said politics is not a game.

Malinga the Swinga

don't think you will find any No voter advocating the elderly 'should be done away with' or 'ignored' as it was put. Reckon that was the most obscene comment of them all.

Still, you post away from a foreign country, whilst we who stay in Scotland, pay taxes in Scotland, and work in Scotland worry about what will happen to our country, Scotland.

deesidejambo

Let's not talk of the White Paper, that paragon of truth and honesty. Let's not talk of Salmond and his greed and grievance agenda. Let's not talk of Salmond and his bare-faced lies.

Let's, instead, look ahead to another 2 or 3 years of governmental paralysis as resource is devoted to another quixotic tilt at windmills. All the while, education, health, transport, law and order and local government will continue to be ignored and continue to suffer.

And financial services will relocate south.

Interestingly most of RBS customers are in England. It won't surprise me if they now start to move their accounts to banks based in England as on Indy RBS would effectively become a foreign bank with no UK govt underwriting.

Ignoring the fact that funding is the issue not who is in power...there would be the same issues no matter who was running Scotland

In your world it seems no one is capable of more than one thought.

I think most people are capable of looking at more than one task

Nookie Bear

Generally when people start saying things like "I own property in this other country, as well as having financial investments to keep my interest", they are talking absolute shite.

I have no doubt that this rule applies again here.

I imagine it often means they are working abroad and letting out their residence back home?

That is not what she said or meant though was it. She said politics is not a game.

:rofl:

Do you not get the irony in her statement. She basically played a political game To get into office In the first place.

Malinga the Swinga

Hypocrisy at it's best

If that is the case, then you are very similar to her

Bazzas right boot

May accusing Nicola of playing politics...

Honestly, they have no shame.

They play politics with Brexit to gain votes, then lost.

They played politics in our last referendum by telling waht was basiclly lies, i.e EU union.

They won't guarantee current  EU nationals residential status, using them as bargaining chips.

They have no shame. They really don't do Irony, telling the SNP to concentrate on public services.....

:rofl:

Do you not get the irony in her statement. She basically played a political game To get into office In the first place.

I understand what she meant even if others didn't.

Phil Dunphy

I imagine it often means they are working abroad and letting out their residence back home?

This boy is 100% at it.

Archived