More Tory lies

aussieh

25 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Fine. But if you have only ever encountered a racist on telly then your qualification to pontificate on racists and racism is rather weak.

And I really find it hard to believe you have lived such a sheltered life but I suppose lucky you.

I’ve never met a shark either but I could pontificate about them just as enthusiastically 👍🏻

• Replies 27.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WorldChampions1902
4 hours ago, Cade said:

Do take note that the rules being proposed are for "PAID" consultancy and lobbying.

MPs doing it for free on a promise of a future directorship or shares when they end their term as an MP will still be allowed.

Boris thinks we don't notice.

F9228441-B532-49C1-B8D5-6ABEAA78329A.jpeg

Just now, Cade said:

Same hair, right enough.

Asking if Boris is on the far right is a loaded question tbh :look:

:laugh2: I wish I could say I'd meant that

4 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

It’s only ever been English ones I’ve come across tbh. There's a couple on this thread but I’m not sure of their nationality.

Think most people on these threads are British 

12 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

You have never encountered a Scottish racist? I mean come on! 

Of course he has FA but you backed him into a corner and is now playing dumb. He’s now standing in that corner facing the wall like one of his students. Never encountered a Scottish racist ? 😂😂

I would say growing up in Edinburgh and London that Scotland was a far more racist environment especially in the older generation. Now I’d say it’s definitely the other way about with younger Scot’s far more a tolerant country. Seems like racism has been handed down the generations more successfully in England. Obviously a bit of a generalisation there and is not fact just my opinion having lived in both countries and still stay/visit England fairly regularly. That said Edinburgh and London are both tremendous places to live. 

5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Of course he has FA but you backed him into a corner and is now playing dumb. He’s now standing in that corner facing the wall like one of his students. Never encountered a Scottish racist ? 😂😂

Guess I’m just lucky to have grown up without any racists in my family, friendship circle or workplace. Probably helped by the fact that my family heritage is foreign and I’ve worked most of my working life in Education. 

I sympathise with anyone that has had a different experience. 👍🏻

Edited by Alex Kintner

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

I’m not sure most would agree.

Yeah my error. British citizenship on a passport but Scottish nationality. 

37 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I would say growing up in Edinburgh and London that Scotland was a far more racist environment especially in the older generation. Now I’d say it’s definitely the other way about with younger Scot’s far more a tolerant country. Seems like racism has been handed down the generations more successfully in England. Obviously a bit of a generalisation there and is not fact just my opinion having lived in both countries and still stay/visit England fairly regularly. That said Edinburgh and London are both tremendous places to live. 

Yes its a myth about the tolerance of Scotland. it can be just as racist . homophobic etc as England i feel.  

WorldChampions1902
10 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I saw this earlier on twitter. The bank broke its own rules on lending money to a guy with no assets. A bank that's also been done for money laundering. 

I can see a new Tory slogan on the horizon. It’s time to “Bung Back Better”.

11 minutes ago, jonesy said:

At the risk of turning into JiH, most of the racism I've heard in-person was in the home end at Tynecastle between the late 80s and mid 90s. Some dinosaurs still kicking around and still bold enough to spew their bile openly.

BTW (open question, not meaning to quote only you here, James) - Could folk who get themselves red/pink in the face shouting about Boris/Trump also be described as gammon

Yes there are still some dinosaurs about at Tynie spewing various forms of hate. But as you said its less frequent than years ago.  However outwth Tynie racism etc is still quite prevalent i feel.   In answer to the other question. NO as it seems thats allowed even if you turn a red / pink hue doing so it wont be described as " gammon" ..More as a " red / pink hue" which some may not take a liking to ... :) 

17 minutes ago, jonesy said:

At the risk of turning into JiH, most of the racism I've heard in-person was in the home end at Tynecastle between the late 80s and mid 90s. Some dinosaurs still kicking around and still bold enough to spew their bile openly.

BTW (open question, not meaning to quote only you here, James) - Could folk who get themselves red/pink in the face shouting about Boris/Trump also be described as gammon

Actually now you mention it I have heard racist comments and shouts from other fans within the stadium. Not sure if that counts as meeting racists but definitely been surrounded by a few, especially where we were sitting at the league cup final vs St Mirren. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes its a myth about the tolerance of Scotland. it can be just as racist . homophobic etc as England i feel.  

I think it is fair to say that the much vaunted tolerance of Scotland has not really been tested much. Scotland remains am overwhelmingly white society compared to London and most large English cities. The last large scale immigration to Scotland was from Ireland in the century before last. And that caused problems which linger on even today. White English are probably the largest recent immigrant group in Scotland and Edinburgh in particular.

Anyway the good news is that in England as well as Scotland the young are generally less racist than their parents and grandparents. 

23 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think it is fair to say that the much vaunted tolerance of Scotland has not really been tested much. Scotland remains am overwhelmingly white society compared to London and most large English cities. The last large scale immigration to Scotland was from Ireland in the century before last. And that caused problems which linger on even today. White English are probably the largest recent immigrant group in Scotland and Edinburgh in particular.

Anyway the good news is that in England as well as Scotland the young are generally less racist than their parents and grandparents. 

Yes all very good points 

WorldChampions1902
7 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Bojo getting ripped a new one at PMQs even the Speaker is ripping into him. 
He’s not on the ropes he’s on the floor. 

Sushi Bawsack ordering new rolls of wallpaper as we speak. Hopefully cheaper than £800 a roll.

6 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Sushi Bawsack ordering new rolls of wallpaper as we speak. Hopefully cheaper than £800 a roll.

I’m sure B&Q have tins of Magnolia on special at the moment. It adorns the walls of electorate, good enough for us its good enough for them. 

Edited by Boy Daniel
Us

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes there are still some dinosaurs about at Tynie spewing various forms of hate. But as you said its less frequent than years ago.  However outwth Tynie racism etc is still quite prevalent i feel.   In answer to the other question. NO as it seems thats allowed even if you turn a red / pink hue doing so it wont be described as " gammon" ..More as a " red / pink hue" which some may not take a liking to ... :) 

Real Natsies tend to go purple with rage - like the heather laddie - they are funny.

4 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I can see a new Tory slogan on the horizon. It’s time to “Bung Back Better”.

"Bunga bunga better". 

A government Minister just confirmed in Parliament that there are no minutes to the meeting(s) that took place between Lord Bethell, Owen Paterson and Randox as part of Randox being awarded £600 million of contracts without any kind of tender or any process. This is corruption.

WorldChampions1902
9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:
A government Minister just confirmed in Parliament that there are no minutes to the meeting(s) that took place between Lord Bethell, Owen Paterson and Randox as part of Randox being awarded £600 million of contracts without any kind of tender or any process. This is corruption.

Nothing to see here. Move along. 

manaliveits105

The SNP Westminster leader was grilled on his work outside of being an MP where his hourly rate reached highs of £1,217.71. Ian Blackford worked just eight hours a week every three months and made a total of £38,967 at the time. But when grilled on the second job, the Scottish MP said his "sole responsibility" is to his constituents.

no need for pig images here 

Jeffros Furios
8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Interesting that KS would rather call on BJ to apologise than resign. Sensing a better chance of victory in the next GE against him rather than a replacement or just the usual wishy-washy approach from Softy Starmer?

Yeah I think the longer Boris is PM the more toxic he becomes as he illustrated in PMQ's , good to see Starmer call him a  coward 😀

Starmer needs to land a few blows as you say too wishy-washy .

WorldChampions1902
18 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

no need for pig images here 

Nothing wrong with “pig images” when they are appropriate.

DE6BBF63-43DB-4DB2-B87F-BDCA8524E031.jpeg

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

We can't find the minutes... the dog ate them... Britain isn't a corrupt country...

A bit like the Tory, last week, who couldn't hand in his phone because he lost it, and it was broken, and it was defective, and he gave it away as a present.

So someone got his defective, broken phone as a gift, but they need to find it themselves.

Not corrupt in the slightest, though.

38 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Interesting that KS would rather call on BJ to apologise than resign. Sensing a better chance of victory in the next GE against him rather than a replacement or just the usual wishy-washy approach from Softy Starmer?

the latter 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

We can't find the minutes... the dog ate them... Britain isn't a corrupt country...

And there's no WhatsApp messages as the phone is lost/stolen/broken

Plod should be getting involved and a good few of that mob should be stitching mail bags.

Aye, current government ministers have a rather slapdash attitude to their phones.

Always somehow mistakenly deleting things or breaking their phones or losing them.

Strange.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

And there's no WhatsApp messages as the phone is lost/stolen/broken

Plod should be getting involved and a good few of that mob should be stitching mail bags.

As a postman I don’t want those useless gits working with our mailbags. Packets would be falling out left, right and centre!

31 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

As a postman I don’t want those useless gits working with our mailbags. Packets would be falling out left, right and centre!

I'd be more concerned about the brown envelopes if I were you!

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Tory 2nd job reform sails through whilst labour’s fails 

well played Prime Minister 

fat hibby on phone to accountants 

Why do you feel that’s a good thing? The Tory reforms are very weak and still leave plenty opportunities for corruption from what I can see.

Jeffros Furios
4 minutes ago, LMc said:

I just wish the news channels would show  this ..  utter filth 

2 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Nothing to see here. Move along.

8DF5552F-9B09-43A9-961E-EFAED7B3299D.jpeg

Some of the replies on it are interesting. Like the time he punched his wife in the face breaking her nose. Or the treatment of au pairs.