More Tory lies

aussieh

Skivingatwork

If I was an MP representing the north of England I’d be absolutely raging.

More broken promises on levelling up while remaining the lowest area for investment in the UK.

What does England get out of the union? 

If government figures are to believed that Scotland is a cash drain then why no English Independence Party?

Surely a matter of time.

• Replies 27.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
23 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

More broken promises on levelling up while remaining the lowest area for investment in the UK.

If government figures are to believed that Scotland is a cash drain then why no English Independence Party?

Surely a matter of time.

It’s already started in the north. I can’t remember the name but I’m blown away it hasn’t happened much, much sooner. 
The north of England gets plums man it’s a disgrace. 

Skivingatwork

Surely a matter of time.

2 hours ago, Skivingatwork said:

Watching the Midlands equivalent of ITV tonight and the rowing back of some Mids Tory MPs who are still praising the cop out as a massive infrastructure project - completely overlooking the fact HS2 will not be delivered in the areas it is needed most like it never happened. 

2019 Tory manifesto: “We will build Northern Powerhouse Rail between Leeds and Manchester, and then focus on Liverpool, Tees Valley, Hull, Sheffield and Newcastle.”

2019 Tory manifesto: “We will build Northern Powerhouse Rail between Leeds and Manchester, and then focus on Liverpool, Tees Valley, Hull, Sheffield and Newcastle.”

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Watching the Midlands equivalent of ITV tonight and the rowing back of some Mids Tory MPs who are still praising the cop out as a massive infrastructure project - completely overlooking the fact HS2 will not be delivered in the areas it is needed most like it never happened. 

Watching the HoC statement back just now and MPs from both sides of the house ripping Shapps and the broken promises to shreds. 

3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

It was a disgrace that it was limited when the entire railway infrastructure is in dire need of upgrading and not just for trains that start and end in London (and no doubt we could dig and find the contracts were dished out to donors as is the methodology of this corrupt cabal) - so that fact it's being further limited is of course disgraceful.

No doubt the English tax-payer in Berwick or Carlisle will be footing the bill for part of this London-centric farce that will do buggery of buggery all for them in terms of "levelling up". 

100%.

The big mistake was in not starting the project in the north : the trans Penine routes are horrendous, Bradford : the biggest city in the UK without a mainline service. 

Rail services in England outside of the SE are just awful, there is nowhere near the required capacity and most of England will suffer, although it's def the north who will be hurt most. 

3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Watching the HoC statement back just now and MPs from both sides of the house ripping Shapps and the broken promises to shreds. 

Miriam Cates (Tory MP for Sheffield) got torn to pieces by Victoria Derbyshire on BBC to the point it sounded like the sound engineer was cutting Cates' mic to stop her lies drowning out the interviewer. 

On a slightly different note : I see the Daily Fail has got rid of Geordie Greig so there might be much less criticism of Clownshoes from now on. 

WorldChampions1902
23 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

This is superb from Victoria Derbyshire

I watched this live, earlier today. Victoria Derbyshire was absolutely outstanding! She demonstrated Zero tolerance for the MP trying to talk over her and shut that MP’s Mic (and mouth), every time she attempted to talk over her. Then she quoted Spaffer to highlight his blatant lies.

We need more Derbyshire’s interviewing these shameless Tory liars. Puts Kuensberg and Bruce to shame.

The Mighty Thor

On the subject of lying Tories....

This is Nadine Dorries Minister for Media 

And then tries to bullshit her way through it in Parliament 

Mims Davies gets her arse handed to her on a plate on BBCQTwhen she accuses Scottish authorites of doing nothing in the refugee resettlement scheme and is then advised it's because the Home Office doesn't fund them to do do. 

Absolutely embarrassing watching her ignore questions and parrot absolute prorpganda. 

2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

100%.

The big mistake was in not starting the project in the north : the trans Penine routes are horrendous, Bradford : the biggest city in the UK without a mainline service. 

Rail services in England outside of the SE are just awful, there is nowhere near the required capacity and most of England will suffer, although it's def the north who will be hurt most. 

Which is why 96bn is being spent to upgrade the railways  and 8/10 commuters will have reduced journey times.

Improvements to rail links in the North of the country will start before Christmas rather than waiting to 2040 for the now shelved HS2 link.

Read past the hyperbolic headlines and left wing whinging about "broken promises ".

Konrad von Carstein
11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Which is why 96bn is being spent to upgrade the railways  and 8/10 commuters will have reduced journey times.

Improvements to rail links in the North of the country will start before Christmas rather than waiting to 2040 for the now shelved HS2 link.

Read past the hyperbolic headlines and left wing whinging about "broken promises ".

Please define "left wing"....Ta

Gavin Esler on Twitter today: 

It’s worth remembering that if Conservative MPs now get rid of Boris Johnson it will not be because he has done profound damage to the United Kingdom, to parliament, to truth or to the UK’s reputation abroad. It will be because he has done damage to them.

16 minutes ago, JT1959 said:

Gavin Esler on Twitter today: 

It’s worth remembering that if Conservative MPs now get rid of Boris Johnson it will not be because he has done profound damage to the United Kingdom, to parliament, to truth or to the UK’s reputation abroad. It will be because he has done damage to them.

It was the same with Thatcher and if they can dump her (and they did when it looked like she'd cost a lot of Tory MPs their seats at the then upcoming election) then they won't think twice about dumping Johnson. 

43 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What  a load of drivel. This isn't about  political idealogy it's about a broken manifesto commitment (one of many).

There's a number of Tory MPs in redwall seats who are fuming about this broken promise.

As for "the numbers" : Johnson revisited his promise in Feb this year  and  it was a manifesto commitment. You know that but rather than address that you want to concentrate on "left wing whinging" (sic) and stir up an argument. 

Good night. 

As usual , looking to pick a fight. 

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I think it’s a bit of both. They’re clearly spending a lot of money and making some great enhancements to certain areas and lines. The two gripes the MPs (from both sides) had in the debate was the continued promises to deliver something they had no intention to deliver and the fact the new plan leaves glaring gaps for certain areas.

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

😂

The North have been stitched up. 

This started with Flashman & Gideon and Johnson had all the time in the world to put the brakes on it, but no. He came out repeatedly with HS2 for the North, northern powerhouse rail, levelling up. He fought an election on that very thing and now? Nah **** them, we'll tart up a few stations, carry out already planned and costed track and signal replacements and pretend it's the biggest ever investment in Rail. It probably doesn't even level up on the underinvestment of the last 12 years. 

The mugs will lap it up. 

To contextualise this all, Crossrail was budgeted at £1.1bn in 2009 when work started. Latest estimate? £24.6bn. 

Just a £23.5bn overspend. But it's London though👍

8 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Please define "left wing"....Ta

Happy to spend money they haven’t got ? 😀

I thought the cool kids were up in arms about HS2 anyway ? Surely a good thing more money isn’t getting spent on it. 

Also I love how the pandemic is conveniently forgot about it unless it is about ppe backhanders. Belts should be getting tighten on every aspect of life until we are through this.  I suggest some people learn to accept that, pre pandemic promises really aren’t the stick to hit governments with imo. 

The Mighty Thor

Grant Schapps on turd polishing duties this morning!

Today's dodge and deflect masterclass from the lying party? 'the PM never ever said it was going to be HS2' 

the definition of levelling up? Lying to everyone equally.

Konrad von Carstein
31 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I thought the cool kids were up in arms about HS2 anyway ? Surely a good thing more money isn’t getting spent on it. 

Also I love how the pandemic is conveniently forgot about it unless it is about ppe backhanders. Belts should be getting tighten on every aspect of life until we are through this.  I suggest some people learn to accept that, pre pandemic promises really aren’t the stick to hit governments with imo. 

So no definition then...righto  :lol:

45 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Snivel. 

4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Grant Schapps on turd polishing duties this morning!

Today's dodge and deflect masterclass from the lying party? 'the PM never ever said it was going to be HS2' 

the definition of levelling up? Lying to everyone equally.

The lies around the "HS2 Lite" solution aka Cut Price Railways are staggering.

Schapps lied though his teeth - the actual known details from the government mean :

reduced journey times are negligible (20 of the 28 journeys published in the governments own  Intergrated Rail Plan will take longer than planned under HS2 or NPR plan)

Journey times from Birmingham  to York will double

ALL JOURNEYS from Manchester & Leeds to nothern cities will take longer than originally proposed. 

4 hours ago, Dazo said:

It wasn't a pre pandemic promise, Johnson was still spouting off about it in February of this year . So that'll be a mid-pandemic confirmation of a manifesto commitment, if you don't mind. 

The latest lies on immigration are quite something. "Raab refuses to rule out Albanian refugee camps" and are supposedly "in talks with the Albanian government" (says The Times).

Meanwhile the Albanian PM denies the reports saying "Albania will never be a country where rich countries will set up camps for their erfugees". 

The Albanian  minister for Europe said it's "fake news". 

When the Home Office was asked about the Alabanian scenario they specifically made no mention of the contry at all in their response.

No doubt there's lots more lies to come as Clownshoes continues to feel the heat. 

manaliveits105
4 hours ago, Dazo said:

:greatpost:

13 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

reduced journey times are negligible (20 of the 28 journeys published in the governments own  Intergrated Rail Plan will take longer than planned under HS2 or NPR plan

23 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It wasn't a pre pandemic promise, Johnson was still spouting off about it in February of this year . So that'll be a mid-pandemic confirmation of a manifesto commitment, if you don't mind. 

Maybe he was still hopeful in February ? Either way it clearly was a pre pandemic commitment. 

Edited by Dazo

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Maybe he was still hopeful in February ? Either way it clearly was a pre pandemic commitment. 

That's what makes Johnson such a great guy : you can just never tell. He lies so often. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That's what makes Johnson such a great guy : you can just never tell. He lies so often. 

Irrespective of what he is the landscape has changed. Things that were meant to get done just won’t happen. That’s the case for governments, councils, business owners and individuals. 

SectionDJambo

Please excuse my lack of knowledge here.

Is it the case that the HS line has been, or is being laid between London and Birmingham? If so, if they were worried about the overall cost from the start, as seems to be the narrative, why didn't they start the work north of Birmingham if they wanted to benefit the north quicker?

Also, how do you increase capacity on an existing line that is already jam packed with trains?

WorldChampions1902

Hilary Benn raises some interesting questions. That will remain unanswered.

1. Not only has the Prime Minister broken his word that HS2 East and Northern Powerhouse Rail would be built in full, but the more I read of the Integrated Rail Plan, the less integrated it appears.

2. Ministers say “the full HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail schemes as originally proposed would not enter service until the early to mid-2040s” as if this was somehow a justification for scrapping them. This was meant to be an investment for 100 years or more.

3. While there will be a high speed line from Birmingham to East Midlands Parkway, despite some of the briefing I can find no sign of firm plans for the line between Leeds and Sheffield. In any event, that still leaves a great big hole in the middle of where HS2 East used to be.

4. And what about Leeds station which is almost at capacity? Its expansion plans depended on HS2 arriving from the south to form a T-station which would have freed up capacity coming into Leeds west/east and east/west. Now all we’re getting is yet another study.

5. Leeds has long needed a rapid transit system and we are the largest city in Europe without one. The plan talks about £200m to develop proposals and start work, but then says that the total cost for the initial network will be £2 billion. Where is the money for this?

6. Finally, this was the big test of whether levelling up meant anything. Today shows that the Government has failed this test.

22 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Hilary Benn raises some interesting questions. That will remain unanswered.

1. Not only has the Prime Minister broken his word that HS2 East and Northern Powerhouse Rail would be built in full, but the more I read of the Integrated Rail Plan, the less integrated it appears.

2. Ministers say “the full HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail schemes as originally proposed would not enter service until the early to mid-2040s” as if this was somehow a justification for scrapping them. This was meant to be an investment for 100 years or more.

3. While there will be a high speed line from Birmingham to East Midlands Parkway, despite some of the briefing I can find no sign of firm plans for the line between Leeds and Sheffield. In any event, that still leaves a great big hole in the middle of where HS2 East used to be.

4. And what about Leeds station which is almost at capacity? Its expansion plans depended on HS2 arriving from the south to form a T-station which would have freed up capacity coming into Leeds west/east and east/west. Now all we’re getting is yet another study.

5. Leeds has long needed a rapid transit system and we are the largest city in Europe without one. The plan talks about £200m to develop proposals and start work, but then says that the total cost for the initial network will be £2 billion. Where is the money for this?

6. Finally, this was the big test of whether levelling up meant anything. Today shows that the Government has failed this test.

Shapps response to Benn’s question was to tell him he was wrong.

The Mighty Thor
24 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Shapps response to Benn’s question was to tell him he was wrong.

Yip. That's their MO. 

Spaffer was at it in his interview with KGM on C4 news last night, telling him he was talking rubbish whlist KGM was handing him his arse.

The truth is a stranger to this mob. 

Meanwhile,  Nadine Dorries seems to be on a crusade to unmask all of the left wing people in the media and on social media.  

Ignore that we're shite... the wrong sort of people are asking questions.

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Victorian said:

Meanwhile,  Nadine Dorries seems to be on a crusade to unmask all of the left wing people in the media and on social media.  

Ignore that we're shite... the wrong sort of people are asking questions.

Nadine Dorries is as thick as shit in the neck of a bottle, which makes her dangerous as she's clearly being worked from the back by someone with a real agenda.

The exchange with her party's in house PR fluff, Kuenssberg, was painful as was her performance at the DCMS select committee. 

Stupid and dangerous is not a good combination when you're determining the direction of travel of the online bill.  

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Nadine Dorries is as thick as shit in the neck of a bottle, which makes her dangerous as she's clearly being worked from the back by someone with a real agenda.

The exchange with her party's in house PR fluff, Kuenssberg, was painful as was her performance at the DCMS select committee. 

Stupid and dangerous is not a good combination when you're determining the direction of travel of the online bill.  

Spaffer with make up on.  An absurdity.