More Tory lies

aussieh

18 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

We are hitched to them whether you like it or not, at least until the next GE, and even then it'll depend on whether Labour get their act in gear and stop shooting themselves in the foot and handing easy victories to the Tories.

Nope, at least not in Scotland where we have a choice

• Replies 27.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boats are still arriving because Patel and Boris have been told that thier "push em back, let em drown" policy is illegal under international maritime law.

You are legally bound to aid a boat in distress.

No getting around it, or you get prosecuted.

2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

What’s Ann Budge got to do with it? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dunno but I imagine Budge has plenty rooms in her town house that oor Nic can appropriate. 

WorldChampions1902
8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Great. Send them up here for the queen of hearts to house and water. Up our taxes to cover it. I'm all for it 100%. 

What you on about? We “Took Back Control”, remember? So it’s all up to the U.K. now. Brexit was the answer to this problem according to many. Oh wait…….

:vrface:

Edited by WorldChampions1902

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Boats are still arriving because Patel and Boris have been told that thier "push em back, let em drown" policy is illegal under international maritime law.

How does Australia manage to do it then? BS. 

WorldChampions1902
3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Yeah, but no but……surely it’s OK if we just break International law in a specific and limited way…….?

Edited by WorldChampions1902

2 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Yeah, but no but……surely it’s OK if we just break International law in a specific and limited way…….?

So just let a thousand a day arrive forever.:vrface:

The Mighty Thor

Ah the poor Tories. They cannae buy a win.

I'd reckon the sleaze, the corruption and the industrial scale lying most of their followers can just about tolerate, but the thing with all them immigrants, all them brown faces coming into are country, taking are jobs? That's not going to wash with the Little Englanders, no siree!

They should take back control, or something! 

Contrary to what some are saying it's the unionised border force that are refusing to take the orders to tow back and not Johnson taking fright regards international law. This force (farce) are also refusing to pick them up when the sea is choppy and demand the RNLI bring ashore the thousand or near thousand a day illegals. Treason against this country or good old lefties observing their core HR principals, you decide.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Contrary to what some are saying it's the unionised border force that are refusing to take the orders to tow back and not Johnson taking fright regards international law. This force (farce) are also refusing to pick them up when the sea is choppy and demand the RNLI bring ashore the thousand or near thousand a day illegals. Treason against this country or good old lefties observing their core HR principals, you decide.

I've decided.

I'm going with human beings acting like human beings and refusing to follow the racist in chief's orders?

The added bonus is sand in the vagina of the petty racists 

swedish_chef.jpg

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I've decided.

I'm going with human beings acting like human beings and refusing to follow the racist in chief's orders?

The added bonus is sand in the vagina of the petty racists 

swedish_chef.jpg

I'm good with that as long as the daily 1000 are shipped up here and let loose in Edinburgh and Glasgow and see how you feel then.

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I'm good with that as long as the daily 1000 are shipped up here and let loose in Edinburgh and Glasgow and see how you feel then.

Why would that bother me?

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

So just let a thousand a day arrive forever.:vrface:

Hopefully, you agree that Brexit wasn’t the answer and never will be. Indeed, Brexit made the situation worse, like it did to numerous aspects of our economy and daily lives.

Any ideas what the U.K. can legally do then? We certainly cannot invoke EU legislation such as that which was available to us pre-Brexit. 

2 hours ago, Cade said:

Yup, and I strongly suspect she knew that when she made the statement - just goes to show what a pointless piece of theatre it was. She did a great job conflating what had been a successful Australian policy where a prearranged deal was done with Indonesia to take them back with a quick skoosh across the channel to a nation we are perpetually at loggerheads with - distance and economics being completely different.

The issue though is they appear not to want to go to Glasgow any more than they wanted to stay in Calais, so the issue remains in much sharper focus down here. Folks might not agree with that but they should at least try to understand the impact a little more.

30 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Tow them back same as Aussie. Worked for them.

It worked for Australia because having embarked on a pretty arduous and expensive journey to get there they were then dragged back to Indonesia and essentially left to rot until they decided it'd be better to go back home. Those that do make it then end up in detention camps that aren't of a hotel standard, quite often these were offshore where they remained in legal limbo.

Seems largely to have worked but the consequence is that folks generally agree the Australia authorities weren't very nice. Unlike Boris though (rightly or wrongly) they had the balls to see it through and now aren't endlessly wringing their hands wondering what's to be done.

29 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

It worked for Australia because having embarked on a pretty arduous and expensive journey to get there they were then dragged back to Indonesia and essentially left to rot until they decided it'd be better to go back home. Those that do make it then end up in detention camps that aren't of a hotel standard, quite often these were offshore where they remained in legal limbo.

Seems largely to have worked but the consequence is that folks generally agree the Australia authorities weren't very nice. Unlike Boris though (rightly or wrongly) they had the balls to see it through and now aren't endlessly wringing their hands wondering what's to be done.

You know how the Japanese would deal with this, right? Imagine a thousand a day of mostly Muslim males landing on their shores. Oh boy they'd be toast and nobody in Japan would bat an eyelid.

Tow them back same as Aussie. Worked for them.

"Show me what a fantasist looks like". 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

33 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

You know how the Japanese would deal with this, right? Imagine a thousand a day of mostly Muslim males landing on their shores. Oh boy they'd be toast and nobody in Japan would bat an eyelid.

This is pure fantasy. 

The Japanese are indeed particularly touchy on the subject of conveying citizenship. I know first hand that foreign babies born there are both not entitled to citizenship and need to acquire a visa to remain within 30 days. There are generation of Koreans (Zainichi) and Brazilians that live there in a kind of limbo status, which I can't say I ever fully understood.

Alas I have no idea how this translates with regard to refugees. 

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

The Japanese are indeed particularly touchy on the subject of conveying citizenship. I know first hand that foreign babies born there are both not entitled to citizenship and need to acquire a visa to remain within 30 days. There are generation of Koreans (Zainichi) and Brazilians that live there in a kind of limbo status, which I can't say I ever fully understood.

Alas I have no idea how this translates with regard to refugees. 

I knew they were no soft touches mired in a web of hr laws and parasite hr lawyers looking to exploit a weak system with endless challenges and appeals which is the case in this country. If they want you out their country you're out their country. 

When in the EU, the UK could quickly process refugees due to the Dublin Agreement, which meant they could be distributed to any safe EU nation they could be shown to have travelled through.

Since leaving the EU, the UK has failed to replicate this agreement with ANY EU nation.

So the processing is taking longer as EU nations are not legally obliged to accept refugees from the UK.

As I have said countless times before, borders have TWO SIDES.

"Taking back control" of your side of the border is, in reality, giving away control of the other side of the border.

So it's porous in one direction.

This is all due to a total failure of UK diplomacy and policy. Nothing more.

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

I knew they were no soft touches mired in a web of hr laws and parasite hr lawyers looking to exploit a weak system with endless challenges and appeals which is the case in this country. If they want you out their country you're out their country. 

Problem we have is that Bo Jo talks tough and then turns to jelly at the merest hint of any unpopularity. Being PM is a job for the grown up's and involves making tough and sometimes unpopular decisions - neither he nor the windbag opposite him are fit for that office and it's not serving us well.

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

Problem we have is that Bo Jo talks tough and then turns to jelly at the merest hint of any unpopularity. Being PM is a job for the grown up's and involves making tough and sometimes unpopular decisions - neither he nor the windbag opposite him are fit for that office and it's not serving us well.

Agreed. He's not been looking too clever for a while. I cut him some slack over the pandemic but he's bungling and not willing to make the tough decisions and the Labour alternative is even worse.

The Mighty Thor

There he is! 

Farage should start a party that campaigns against stuff like this and wants to take back control from Europe. 

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

There he is! 

Farage should start a party that campaigns against stuff like this and wants to take back control from Europe. 

The difference between the Sangatte refugee camp and the right being afforded to those same people when they arrive here is certainly striking.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

There he is! 

You have to admire the front of that *****.  Unless he's at a deeper wind up.  

Here,  here,  have a look at the shambles I caused.  **** ye.

7 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Get help. 

9 hours ago, JackLadd said:

If you say so. Okay.

OK. It's not fantasy. 

How would it work in the UK ? 

Please explain.

What should the government do that they're not currently doing - legally ? 

Or are you just a racist with a big mouth ? 

2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

The difference between the Sangatte refugee camp and the right being afforded to those same people when they arrive here is certainly striking.

What "right" is that ? 

6 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Agreed. He's not been looking too clever for a while. I cut him some slack over the pandemic but he's bungling and not willing to make the tough decisions and the Labour alternative is even worse.

What alternative and why is it "worse" ? 

manaliveits105

Just an oversight 

donates his shortbread senate salary to local charities 

time to move on 

snp trying to distract from their drunk mps 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

wait til Douglas Ross MP hears about this. He'll be furious at the shenanigans at the 'Shortbread Senate'

Love how he says “he realised the mistake last week” which roughly translates to “I heard this story was coming last week”

12 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

There he is! 

Good one 😂😂

7 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

OK. It's not fantasy. 

How would it work in the UK ? 

Please explain.

What should the government do that they're not currently doing - legally ? 

Or are you just a racist with a big mouth ? 

He's one of the weirdest racists on this forum, and that's saying something. 

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

Love how he says “he realised the mistake last week” which roughly translates to “I heard this story was coming last week”

Although on reflection, as much as I despise the odious twat, this does genuinely seem like an error/oversight rather than anything duplicitous or deceitful. His jobs are all high profile so it’s not as if he was trying to hide the fact he has three incomes.

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Although on reflection, as much as I despise the odious twat, this does genuinely seem like an error/oversight rather than anything duplicitous or deceitful. His jobs are all high profile so it’s not as if he was trying to hide the fact he has three incomes.

Just heard him on the radio, apparently the oversight was in part caused by the fact that he gives the money straight to charity and therefore he thought he didn't have to declare (which he does). He is contending that he found it, fessed up and self reported to the commissioner for standards. 

He sounded credible.  Guess they are all scuttling about doing checks right now.

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Just heard him on the radio, apparently the oversight was in part caused by the fact that he gives the money straight to charity and therefore he thought he didn't have to declare (which he does). He is contending that he found it, fessed up and self reported to the commissioner for standards. 

He sounded credible.  Guess they are all scuttling about doing checks right now.

Sounds legit.

:lol:

WorldChampions1902
12 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

So a country inside the EU (I.e. France) is able to deal with its refugee problem in a robust manner, in contrast with the way the U.K. (no longer inside the EU) deals with its refugees? How ironic!

And yet some of the hard of thinking thought Brexit was the answer :vrface:

2 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

It's not the crime of the century but do you think the press/Tory PR would have the same pragmatic response if it was an SNP member who did the same?

We've already got the tory lickspittle troll dismissing it as nothing compared to some MPs having the temerity to have a drink or two whilst on a flight. The same tory lickspittles that will tell you, in their usual whataboutery, that a minor transgression is as bad as everything Boris Johnson's govt have indulged in. A list so long you can make an entire Monopoly board out of it. 

This will never be a fair fight with the right, so I'm glad that risible wee pillock is getting some heat for his bizarre and inexplicable cock-up. A grotesque individual.  

15 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Totally.

Edited by JackLadd