New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

2 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Okay I don't know what rules apply but if it points then feck closed doors as the whole stadium becomes taboo to all fans anyway.

I don’t understand that.

46 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Sorry for starting an inquisition,  just asked as I'm probably heading that way some time in the next couple of weeks. :thumbsup:

Me too :o

All roads lead to Gorgie

I noticed when I was out earlier that there were no floodlights on at Tynecastle tonight so that suggests that all the pitch side work is complete and anything required is outside or in the concourse.

16 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

If you'll forgive the interloper (and I'm defo not a h*bee) but the majority jags fans are not talking much about it at all on the wearethistle forum - think we've got to about 3 or 4 pages on the matter.

Been on here the last few weeks looking at the photos (and some of your own crew's pantwetter pish!) as it develops - looks a decent replacement for the old tin shed - and the pitch looks in cracking nick from the photo posted half an hour ago.

As for the media-led inconvenience factor, we're only travelling 50 miles so for most of us our weekend/Sunday and not expensive at all travel plans will not be disrupted in any way whatsoever.

Favourite moment at Tynecastle was Donald Park scoring in final minute in a league game back in the early '80's - we were packed into the old stand shed enclosure - won 1-0 ... got chased through Gorgie by your lot, passed a brewery and didn't look back until I got to Craiglockart - eventually found the bus and laughed all the way home!

Hope we pump you lot as well - enjoy the game and your new seats. :thumbsup:

Quality mate, enjoy Sunday (hopefully not too much though)

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How am I "obsessed"? I only formed that opinion this morning!

Remember the seethe on here when, for example, Motherwell's pitch was sodden and they couldn't play? If we do not get this fixture played, and we should, then that is the direction of travel we are going down.

If it can’t be played on Sunday it will be postponed end of.Then Ann Budge will be burned at the stake,the new stand will be condemned ,foh will be banned and Scottish football will disappear up the weegie ass.

4 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I noticed when I was out earlier that there were no floodlights on at Tynecastle tonight so that suggests that all the pitch side work is complete and anything required is outside or in the concourse.

This is because we are trolling Hibs ?

Elias Henry Furst
12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I actually think we have lucked out with the fixture list given that it is Partick and they are generally liked by everyone. If it was a Category A fixture the game would have been off already.

We were never gonna set the opening fixture for a Category A game were we :laugh:

But aye, we’ve totally lucked out.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Fandango said:

This is because we are trolling Hibs ?

They will be saying the lights have failed or we have run out of money for the meter. Let them fume. :smile:

23 minutes ago, johnnythejambo said:

Just went past. Most of the hardcore at the Roseburn end is down-won't take long tomorrow but no fencing up?

They are using heras fencing (the temp stuff that sits in the bricks with the round holes), plus extra stewards.

Given that the plaza is open they will probably just move the stuff that was around that, to the Roseburn end.

Edited by BigC
Typo

Lucille's Thirsty
5 hours ago, Jambo Scott said:

One embarrassment after another these days.

:rolleyes:

What an imaginative username you have mate.

:fth:

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

We were never gonna set the opening fixture for a Category A game were we :laugh:

But aye, we’ve totally lucked out.

Aberdeen, 9 September.

:)

Elias Henry Furst
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Aberdeen, 9 September.

The one you were over for and missed?

Or was that Killie?

"And then George, he suggested that Partick should be awarded the three points!"

"Oh Zippy, why must we share a house with that man, he's a silly billy isn't he"

"yes George, he's a very very silly billy"

IMG_2012.JPG

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

From those photos he may be taking ye olde Northwest Passage. Godspeed.

Going via Breich by the looks of it. Wild country up there!

1 hour ago, Different Class said:

CF8043EC-1E35-400A-9AF8-C8C92FFEA7C4.jpeg

twitter  / becks_aitkens

Cracking picture!

The school end is looking a bit diddy sitting next to our massive new stand.

As much as I like maroon, the colour of the new seats with their plastic bags still on is mighty fine too!

jimmy the jambo
3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Nothing wrong with Briech my friend,Please don't confuse us with Longridge ?

A lot of Jambo's have been brought up in the village instead of the uglies,in fact,Hearts are probably the best supported team in the village when I grew up.

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Set up camp for the night now. Be safe. 

Romans2.thumb.jpg.b7fcbcc415aa4f500d4385d6b72d057f.jpg

yabadabadoo1874again
16 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

:rolleyes:

What an imaginative username you have mate.

:fth:

not aimed at you Lucille...but...and I'm sure its been pointed out many times before...but FTH!...H...did I miss the memo...??? 

H...

50 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

If you'll forgive the interloper (and I'm defo not a h*bee) but the majority jags fans are not talking much about it at all on the wearethistle forum - think we've got to about 3 or 4 pages on the matter.

Been on here the last few weeks looking at the photos (and some of your own crew's pantwetter pish!) as it develops - looks a decent replacement for the old tin shed - and the pitch looks in cracking nick from the photo posted half an hour ago.

As for the media-led inconvenience factor, we're only travelling 50 miles so for most of us our weekend/Sunday and not expensive at all travel plans will not be disrupted in any way whatsoever.

Favourite moment at Tynecastle was Donald Park scoring in final minute in a league game back in the early '80's - we were packed into the old stand shed enclosure - won 1-0 ... got chased through Gorgie by your lot, passed a brewery and didn't look back until I got to Craiglockart - eventually found the bus and laughed all the way home!

No worries. Hopefully the games on and you guys make it. As for the pumping well............

1 hour ago, Different Class said:

CF8043EC-1E35-400A-9AF8-C8C92FFEA7C4.jpeg

twitter  / becks_aitkens

You can really see the different angle between the new Main Stand and the Wheatfield in this photo. The new one is  a fair bit steeper.

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Work continuing into the night (from 20 mins ago)

d8i4YFG.jpg

.... and some of the the away end has been leveled off.

uewyBtY.jpg

That blockwork is doing my head in.I know there must be a reason for it being incomplete and its not loadbearing but my ocd is in overdrive.Much like that last bit of cladding on the roof.Thankfully thats been sorted now.

11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Work continuing into the night (from 20 mins ago)

d8i4YFG.jpg

.... and some of the the away end has been leveled off.

uewyBtY.jpg

Thats looking better in the last pic.

Geoff Kilpatrick
25 minutes ago, Drewboy said:

Category A Season Tickets are valid for all home SPFL matches; a minimum of 18 matches.

Category B+ Season Tickets are valid for all home SPFL matches except those against Celtic, Hibernian and Rangers. 

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5931

And the walk up prices?

Geoff Kilpatrick
28 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

The one you were over for and missed?

Or was that Killie?

No. It was the original Partick game on the 23rd.

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I will be playing mini putt ( to win) with my daughter and 6 year old grandson.  That will be followed by 3 pints of Carlesberg and I'll quietly toast the inspectors.

There is only one "e" in Carlsberg as far as I know.

11 minutes ago, ellsman said:

That blockwork is doing my head in.I know there must be a reason for it being incomplete and its not loadbearing but my ocd is in overdrive.Much like that last bit of cladding on the roof.Thankfully thats been sorted now.

Did you see the maroon bit  of cladding that stuck up beside the grey? I noticed that and it annoyed me to. Oh to be like most of the others who don't even notice these things!!

1 hour ago, harrywragg said:

Donald Park for Craig and McQuade. Ridiculous transfer by Ormond. Loved wee Donald as a player. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Drewboy said:

Price is irrelevant, Aberdeen are not category A games!

Really?

They are charged the same as the vermin and those other two.

The clue is in your link: B PLUS season ticket.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And the walk up prices?

A guy moaning about a stand from half way across the world. A stand that doesn't affect him and he probably won't ever sit in.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How am I "obsessed"? I only formed that opinion this morning!

Remember the seethe on here when, for example, Motherwell's pitch was sodden and they couldn't play? If we do not get this fixture played, and we should, then that is the direction of travel we are going down.

Did Motherwell lose points? 

The Natural Order
18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You can really see the different angle between the new Main Stand and the Wheatfield in this photo. The new one is  a fair bit steeper.

The new stand is not steeper than the Wheatfield. It's shallower.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Alma Matters said:

A guy moaning about a stand from half way across the world. A stand that doesn't affect him and he probably won't ever sit in.

I am also helping to pay for it.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Really?

Geoff, let it go, for crying out loud !

Aberdeen, this season, is a Category B+ game.

Really?

No idea but I doubt it. Aberdeen is definitely not a Category A match!

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Did you see the maroon bit  of cladding that stuck up beside the grey? I noticed that and it annoyed me to. Oh to be like most of the others who don't even notice these things!!

Was that at the Gorgie end.If so then yes I did.Annoyed me to. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Boab said:

Geoff, let it go, for crying out loud !

Aberdeen, this season, is a Category B+ game.

I am just shooting down some smart arsery with some of my own.

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Really?

The clue is in your link: B PLUS season ticket.

Nice edit. Still not Category A

Dear dribbling BBC Sports reporter Currie, here is a lesson in reporting:

The stand did not "fail" a test certificate.  If you could have bothered your Licence Paid for Bahoochie and not just taken your report from the Daily Rag, you would have been given the correct situation.

As Ann Budge said, " We have been meeting regularly with the CEC officials to anticipate potential problems and ensure, as far as possible, that there are no last minute surprises."

In other words the CEC officials have been monitoring progress and pointing out what needs to be done for the go ahead.   That is not at all a question of "testing" and "failing", although "failing" is a word you must be very familiar with.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Lots but there is no real precedent imo. Fans always seethe!

Exactly my point.

Anyway, let's hope for everyone's sake that this inspection passes in a few hours time.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I am just shooting down some smart arsery with some of my own.

Well it's late over here !

Night all....hopefully good news as we awake, people !

I am also helping to pay for it.

WoW!

Entitlement oozing out of every pore!

PS Maybe if you had paid a bit more, we would have been ready by now.