New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

2 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

My Journey is 458 miles.

Each way.

How comes I don't get the attention JiH gets on here?

received_10215651518420219.gif.cb7b0178718c652da17e5d76b7d106c6.gif

Probably because your not a hysterical over questioning pant wetting doesn’t know how to google drama queen ...

Gavsy Van Gaverson
3 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

My Journey is 458 miles.

Each way.

Good question :P

3 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

My Journey is 458 miles.

Each way.

Have you tried whinging, bitching, and moaning incessantly about literally everything? 

17 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Im late to the party with this I know but I just don’t get the complaints from any angle, although I’m not one to attack (for lack of a better word) people who are a little more fragile but I come from Argyll every week. 1 hour 20 to a ferry, half hour ferry journey then another hour to Tynie then back again. It’s not an invitation to get the measuring tape out but I’d wager I’m in the top 10% for longest, most frequent and most bloody expensive journeys to Tynecastle. 

If Hearts were to confirm it’s going ahead on Sunday at 10 I’d still make it, if they announced that it wouldn’t be going ahead at all then I’d do something else. You’ve got the day booked for the football, so even if other plans are missed due to it being called off at short notice it’s the same situation. You miss your other plans whether it’s on or off. It couldn’t have been much of an occasion missed if the football was a better option all along.

The media have been on our backs big time, IMO, regarding this entire thing and I just don’t get it at all. We’ve built a 12 million pound (minimum) stand to add to Scottish football but the media and fans of other teams, that it doesn’t even effect, are calling it a disgrace and embarrassment?

There are at least 8, maybe even 9 or 10, other teams in this league that won’t achieve what we have in the next 50 years but we’re the embarrassment? Get stuffed.

Thank you for indulging my rant KB. As you were. 

Fantastic post and well said sir

alwaysthereinspirit

I will set my alarm tomorrow for 7am. 6 hour time difference should mean we waking up to 1 hour of already safety certificate life.

Come on Hearts.

12 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

If a tractor and/or and ambulance can get through that tunnel, how come the cherry picker cant?

Let its tyres doon if its just a shade too high.

You do realise I was joking.

alwaysthereinspirit
21 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Im late to the party with this I know but I just don’t get the complaints from any angle, although I’m not one to attack (for lack of a better word) people who are a little more fragile but I come from Argyll every week. 1 hour 20 to a ferry, half hour ferry journey then another hour to Tynie then back again. It’s not an invitation to get the measuring tape out but I’d wager I’m in the top 10% for longest, most frequent and most bloody expensive journeys to Tynecastle. 

If Hearts were to confirm it’s going ahead on Sunday at 10 I’d still make it, if they announced that it wouldn’t be going ahead at all then I’d do something else. You’ve got the day booked for the football, so even if other plans are missed due to it being called off at short notice it’s the same situation. You miss your other plans whether it’s on or off. It couldn’t have been much of an occasion missed if the football was a better option all along.

The media have been on our backs big time, IMO, regarding this entire thing and I just don’t get it at all. We’ve built a 12 million pound (minimum) stand to add to Scottish football but the media and fans of other teams, that it doesn’t even effect, are calling it a disgrace and embarrassment?

There are at least 8, maybe even 9 or 10, other teams in this league that won’t achieve what we have in the next 50 years but we’re the embarrassment? Get stuffed.

Its not a rant. You should be proud of the time and money you put out to follow your team. Hats off to you. Well done.

9 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Are you anywhere near Tighnabruaich?

As the crow flies, yeah. About an hour away by road. 

Worthing Jambo
17 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

My Journey is 458 miles.

Each way.

I’m sure the other week you quoted around 500 and something miles each way!

Must be making it up.

?

2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I'm guessing Bute.

If only. The ferry would be cheaper and it wouldn’t take quite as long. 

Closer to Tighny than I am to Bute, I will leave it at that! 

30 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Yeah it can be a trek for some of us. When I am not working and can make the trip for a game, I am a 12 hour ferry just to the mainland alone, the plane would be ok but too much expense and it will be a cold day in hell before I land in Sumburgh on one of those rickety twin props!

2 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

I’m sure the other week you quoted around 500 and something miles each way!

Must be making it up.

?

Southern Rail can add 100s of miles on any journey.

As I shall find out tomorrow when I leave.

:laugh:

Squirt your a super star, I am sure all will be well for Sunday's game.

Went for a few beers at tea time and spoke to some Jambo and Hibby mates about this forum, all them that knew said the same thing.

Trolls spoil for everybody, pathetic keyboard warriors that probably would say hew haw to your face. Sadly i have to agree as stopped commenting oh the local Edinburgh rags for the same reason. Thank you for the vast majority of good poster "OBAU" etc as now sure all will be ok I can revert to being boring and not tuning in.

Once a Jambo

Good statement gives all the facts but...most importantly.... 

Us main stand gods won't have our new stand and seats sullied by commoners from the Gorgie or Wheatfield stand 

3 minutes ago, WFB said:

Yeah it can be a trek for some of us. When I am not working and can make the trip for a game, I am a 12 hour ferry just to the mainland alone, the plane would be ok but too much expense and it will be a cold day in hell before I land in Sumburgh on one of those rickety twin props!

Bloody hell. Good on you my man, that’s some journey (and money I’d imagine) to see your team!

Bravo.

Worthing Jambo

A big thank you to everyone working their whatsits off to get this game on.

I for one appreciate your efforts to give it every chance.

?

56 minutes ago, Jamborello said:

Jambo in Hamilton, earlier. Godspeed JiH ?

74AE9CF7-8B0E-4005-84C6-29A6612B620F.jpeg

Jambo in Hamilton safely down and now approaching the final leg. Really hope he doesn't have to turn back :(

mj-618_348_longest-antarctic-trek-2014s-

2 minutes ago, obua said:

Ok I’m just back,from what I’ve seen I’m confident game will go ahead.Dont kill me if it doesn’t only my opinion.

Great news Obua!

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Jambo in Hamilton safely down and now approaching the final leg. Really hope he doesn't have to turn back :(

mj-618_348_longest-antarctic-trek-2014s-

From those photos he may be taking ye olde Northwest Passage. Godspeed.

7 minutes ago, obua said:

Ok I’m just back,from what I’ve seen I’m confident game will go ahead.Dont kill me if it doesn’t only my opinion.

Are the dugouts complete or are we just going with the seats this week?

Fxxx the SPFL
13 minutes ago, obua said:

Are they working on the tarmac during the night Obua and appreciate all info you Thomaso and others on site have provided.

1 minute ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

Are they working on the tarmac during the night Obua and appreciate all info you Thomaso and others on site have provided.

Exterior work isn’t a worry ,main problem is getting all the fire safety 100%.Since the tower block fire I think they are going overboard on fire safety.

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, obua said:

Exterior work isn’t a worry ,main problem is getting all the fire safety 100%.Since the tower block fire I think they are going overboard on fire safety.

Cheers bud keep our fingers crossed

11 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Anywhere near the ground JiH can park his camel ?

I’m sure Gorgie City Farm would oblige, he could leave a small parking donation!

Sorry but the fire safety shouldn't be an issue compared to what has gone before. Also most of the areas of concern for fire safety issues are not yet in use.

However Lothian and Borders (4 years gone) are no more and have been taken over by SFRS as it is now called so i am maybe wrong.

30 year fire Service with a  large latter part spent in Fire Safety (when there was involved with carrying out many last minute final licensing inspections with Building control and other partners)

Rant Over

3 minutes ago, JamboECW said:

Sorry but the fire safety shouldn't be an issue compared to what has gone before. Also most of the areas of concern for fire safety issues are not yet in use.

However Lothian and Borders (4 years gone) are no more and have been taken over by SFRS as it is now called so i am maybe wrong.

30 year fire Service with a  large latter part spent in Fire Safety (when there was involved with carrying out many last minute final licensing inspections with Building control and other partners)

Rant Over

I have no idea what you are talking about there.building control are raising issues, nothing to do with fire service.

57 minutes ago, Squirt said:

As the crow flies, yeah. About an hour away by road. 

Sorry for starting an inquisition,  just asked as I'm probably heading that way some time in the next couple of weeks. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Tbf, it'll take me two hours to get to Tynie on Sunday. Leave my house at 1230, in the Diggers by 1250, in my seat by 1450.

An epic trek... (At least it feels that wat after two hours in the pub and a fed of steak pies)

Superb :thumb:

1 minute ago, Different Class said:

CF8043EC-1E35-400A-9AF8-C8C92FFEA7C4.jpeg

Regular Gorgie Suite hospitality patrons will have sampled this view many times........pished !

Or Sec A going back a bit !

5 minutes ago, Different Class said:

CF8043EC-1E35-400A-9AF8-C8C92FFEA7C4.jpeg

twitter  / becks_aitkens

Dugouts shape seems interesting.

Edited by Jamboelite

6 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

nasa-spacewalk.jpg?w=738

Jambo in Space needs to know if the game's on.

As the TSB advert used to say - for the journey.

iStock_000040603646_Small-680x465.jpg

34 minutes ago, obua said:

We never had this sort of bother when the stand was made of asbestos.

:seething:

Edited by Jamborello

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, Jamborello said:

We never had this sort of bother when the stand was made of asbestos.:seething:

Or wood and loads smoking in the bogs