New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Borders Jambo
1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1402464-archibald-moving-hearts-game-to-december-not-an-option/

read his comments in that article, at no point is he having a dig at Hearts or being snidey about us. He is concerned about an extra game in December and rightly so, but no swipe at us (99% sure his comments would have been made in the same press conference as the Sun journalist was at)

Agreed, just spin things around to deflect attention from Sevco.

Borders Jambo
3 minutes ago, Alwayssunnyingorgie said:

She should have refused to read it out and quit in protest. 

Sally can gtf now. 

Bet the editorial was written by Currie suitably assisted by Preston.  Welts.

I couldn't care less what Currie, Speirs or any other second rate journalists say about Hearts.

Like most Hearts fans I am extremely proud of our club and can't wait for the new stand to open,does anyone know if you are allowed to bring a cushion to sit on as I find the seats a bit cold at this time of the year.

Borders Jambo
3 minutes ago, Crete said:

I couldn't care less what Currie, Speirs or any other second rate journalists say about Hearts.

Like most Hearts fans I am extremely proud of our club and can't wait for the new stand to open,does anyone know if you are allowed to bring a cushion to sit on as I find the seats a bit cold at this time of the year.

Hear hear and agree about the cushion !

4 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1402464-archibald-moving-hearts-game-to-december-not-an-option/

read his comments in that article, at no point is he having a dig at Hearts or being snidey about us. He is concerned about an extra game in December and rightly so, but no swipe at us (99% sure his comments would have been made in the same press conference as the Sun journalist was at)

The quotes I gave are undoubtedly ill informed pish as I said though - no one's said it can't be played on Sunday, it won't be called off late on saturday night and we have more STs than seats available if the stand's not open, it's nothing to do with finance. 

Allowayjambo1874
1 minute ago, kingdannyb said:

Picture number 2 looks promising !

Strangely my gut feeling was the opposite, hopefully you’re a better judge than I am. 

The way i see it, if the goals were unattainable the inspection team would have informed club to call off the game. Simples.

Maybe its a telling sign of modern Hearts support. But i now only log into this thread to see what fear mongering roasters are spouting pish today. Genuinely embarrassed with some of the drivel we see here on a daily basis.

Think some of our 'fans' are only second to scottish media. 

Maybe some will say im not a PHM, sod them, but i honestly just enjoying supporting my team ups and downs included. (Imagine that). Aye i get frustrated at these holes in the road, but i never once, have felt the need to help descend JKB in to utter meltdown like some folk here.

Honestly, some opinions on here are that paranoid they should be filed away next to;

'moon landings, Rothschild, 9/11, Elvis, Aliens and Atlantis '

Edited by Heidthebaw

42 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Alan Archibald having a go at us in the current Bun this morning saying we are only trying to get the main stand open for financial gain.

He goes on saying we should be forced to play with just 3 stands like we did earlier in this season.

You would think someone at the pre-match interview would let him know we have 14k season ticket holders and they cannot all fit into the 3 stands. 

WTF are we supposed to do tell a couple of thousand season ticket holders and the Partick fans they cannot attend the game because Alan Archibald has insisted we play with just 3 stands?

Used to like Partick thistle

59 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Caught David Currie's report on the 10:30 update , the negative slant was embarrassing. Really quite shameful tbh as what Hearts have  achieved in the timescale is increadible .you wil

always  get banter between rival fans but that report by the BBC last night was dreadful , but it's what the Scottish media are all about , talking down the product and indeed Scotland at every opportunity, sad stuff but entirely predictable from Currie , 

Maybe reflecting or pandering to the negativity on social media  eg JKB. 

7 minutes ago, kingdannyb said:

Picture number 2 looks promising !

The have done a great job in levelling off the ground, my concern are the stairs, I know they are only an emergency exit, but it’s looks like a bit of work is still needed to get them up to safety standards. I could however be wrong 

4 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Strangely my gut feeling was the opposite, hopefully you’re a better judge than I am. 

All opinions on here are based on ill-informed guesswork ....

10 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Good morning.

08_original.jpg?v15306639990151

09_original.jpg?v15306639990151

10_original.jpg?v15306639990151

There is no hand rail at one side of the stairs and big holes in the block work .I don't think the block work is a big issue but I hope these stairs can be completed quickly

Elias Henry Furst
Just now, scabber said:

There is no hand rail at one side of the stairs and big holes in the block work .I don't think the block work is a big issue but I hope these stairs can be completed quickly

The stairs you refer to won’t be getting used tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Are they not an emergency exit? Surely they still need to be up to safety standard incase they are needed 

Edited by campbell

1 minute ago, scabber said:

Just after I took picture 2, 2 guys came out and were having a look at the stair where there was no handrail. Hopefully with a view to fitting one.

I suspect the blockwork isn't an issue, and is probably being left until they finish the road properly under the stand and into the the emergency access point.

2 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Aren’t they needed for emergencies though?

Massive credit to the guys who have worked long shifts to try and get the stand ready for tomorrow.

Hopefully it's enough for the certificate to be issued today I've missed the place 

2 hours ago, Forza Cuore said:

While we wait on today's sign off, a wee reminder of where we were.

Screenshot_20171118-075342.jpg

No ethanol tanks at the school end in the distillery!!

How did they get planning permission for them??

Ethanol tanks next to a stadium holding thousands of fans surely not!!

I have huge admiration for the lads who have worked so hard to get the game on tomorrow just hope all this hard work is rewarded

Edited by scabber

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Im sure those involved know what to do 

You'd think so but is it not the same people who would have been given a list of items that did not pass previous visits to the site?

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, scabber said:

I have huge admiration for the lads who have worked so hard to get the game on tomorrow just hope all this hard work isn't rewarded because of some minor issues .

Think you  need to edit that!

Edited by scott herbertson

scott herbertson
Just now, scabber said:

?Deary me should have engaged brain

Its early, and thinking is hard with all that building work going on in the background...

I dont think photo 2 is that promising to be honest there still looks a fair bit of work.

From last night though wasnt the concern the fire alarm system?

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Thomaso has gone very quiet for the last couple of days which is worrying.

Probably working like a trojan to get us over the line. I'm sure well here from him soon.

Fxxx the SPFL

Heading out with my eight month old grandson in his buggy walking out to Tynie from leafy Trinity I know posh fecker not. Will try and grab any gossip when I'm out there. FTH.

weekend offender
2 hours ago, Forza Cuore said:

While we wait on today's sign off, a wee reminder of where we were.

Screenshot_20171118-075342.jpg

Wish it was still like that, I know I know times have changed but it's like looking at a picture of someone you cared about who is no longer with us

8 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Maybe his work is complete to the point that nothing is required for the certificate.

Edited by Jamboelite

The Future's Maroon
7 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

His companies work is probably done, likely on a different job....or god forbid on a day off ?

2 minutes ago, weekend offender said:

Wish it was still like that, I know I know times have changed but it's like looking at a picture of someone you cared about who is no longer with us

used to queue all the way along those bonded warehouses as far back to the the picture house at the top of Robertson Ave for match tickets on a regular basis

23 minutes ago, scabber said:

I have huge admiration for the lads who have worked so hard to get the game on tomorrow just hope all this hard work is rewarded

This.  Any moans from me have solely been around the expectations and how these have been managed within Hearts.  

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

His companies work is probably done, likely on a different job....or god forbid on a day off ?

The half done maroon caps on the Sky lounge would suggest they still have a bit to do.

I know it’s really unimportant in the grand scheme of things, but just a bit annoying to see the facade so close to being completely finished but for that small detail.

12605C9F-4CE0-4B13-BE92-CA53C1C7933E.jpeg

portobellojambo1
9 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Maybe his work is complete to the point that nothing is required for the certificate.

8 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Or maybe he is at Tynecastle just now, working his ass off so that when the council turn up in an hour it will only take them a few minutes to look round, and say "good to go tomorrow".

Edited by portobellojambo1

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I 'm not arguing with anyone about it . My point was it looks steeper. Maybe it isn't but it looks it to me, so far two posters have replied and neither has said if they agree it looks steeper. Perhaps it is just a trick of the eye or maybe it's just me.

Sure when it was discussed on here early in the project it was said that wheatfield is 34 degrees and main 31 degrees. I could be wrong though.

maroonlegions
52 minutes ago, Heidthebaw said:

The way i see it, if the goals were unattainable the inspection team would have informed club to call off the game. Simples.

Maybe its a telling sign of modern Hearts support. But i now only log into this thread to see what fear mongering roasters are spouting pish today. Genuinely embarrassed with some of the drivel we see here on a daily basis.

Think some of our 'fans' are only second to scottish media. 

Maybe some will say im not a PHM, sod them, but i honestly just enjoying supporting my team ups and downs included. (Imagine that). Aye i get frustrated at these holes in the road, but i never once, have felt the need to help descend JKB in to utter meltdown like some folk here.

Honestly, some opinions on here are that paranoid they should be filed away next to;

'moon landings, Rothschild, 9/11, Elvis, Aliens and Atlantis '

Leave aliens outta this please. :sob:

2 minutes ago, chico1874 said:

Sure when it was discussed on here early in the project it was said that wheatfield is 34 degrees and main 31 degrees. I could be wrong though.

The new stand is not as steep. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, samgolden said:

Totally agree media are so negative but they have to be if you look at the stadium its impressive and monument for the future and they don't like that

And yet, if the stand had been ready for September 9, there would not have been a quarter of the media attention.

Bad news sells: Good news does not.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The new stand is not as steep. 

I read somewhere that there's a one degree difference between the two.

Could be wrong though.