New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

11 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Looking at your past posting on your profile page you've been arguing this for the best part of the last 5 hours :rofl: . Carry on if it helps you in life.

:rofl:

It's like that scene from The Simpsons (I think).

"Yeah this should be good to go."

"But sir, it only passed a safety inspection 20mins ago."

(Bits crumble and fall off.)

"Yeah looks good, don't it?"

* I'm not saying bits are going to fall off before anyone jumps in there.

Ahh thats sweet you checked my posts history which showed half a dozen posts at lunchtime and about the same tonight, of which they are pretty much all for you.

You’re one special guy Peter.

Edited by Jamboelite

40 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

:spoton:

We shouldn't be having a sell-out crowd attend a game where the stand was only deemed safe about a day before the game.

Ridiculous.

Your right because they issue these certificates when the jobs only partially safe with an expectation it will organically become safer each passing day. I’ve heard most things take a fortnight ?

12 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Don't forget jambo in Hamilton. I believe he is currently en route riding an elephant over the treacherous Pentland hills. 

A task Hannibal would have baulked at. Hats of to him. His commitment is humbling. God speed JiH.

15 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

That literary ability to make succinct statements eluded me during a lengthy public service career.  Probably why I never reached the top.

The sky is the limit for you.

Kiwi, you either have it or you don't. This guys obviously does.

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I see what you are saying but we would then potentially  be into a nit picking blame game - eg if it was lifts than there would be a murder mystery style investigation in here as to whether it was the club, contractor, mechanical engineer, building control officers being picky etc etc. I’m happy they just say it failed, sort it and then when the dust settles the club can review what went well and what didn’t. 

Also so if you say to much in these statements when a project isn’t signed off it can compromise any future compensation or insurance claims, should that be necessary (I doubt it will)

Okay still ploughing my way through page 624

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Your right because they issue these certificates when the jobs only partially safe with an expectation it will organically become safer each passing day. I’ve heard most things take a fortnight ?

I believe all the glue has to have time to harden fully?

gorgie rd eh11

Embarrassing!

The only thing embarrassing is the people having a go at all the effort and work going into delivering Edinburgh’ Biggest and best football stand. 

Another day closer.

23 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Would like to hear Thistle fans take on this. I'd imagine if it was the other way round we'd be thinking it was a bit of a farce.

Substitute "Stand" with "Snow!"

Been there, done it, wore the body warmer!

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Huguenot said:

Are there really folk on here who think Budge never duped us by claiming the stand would be open on the 9th of September. :laugh:

Yes

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Huguenot said:

Are there really folk on here who think Budge never duped us by claiming the stand would be open on the 9th of September. :laugh:

Duped, no. 

More like wishful thinking 

5 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Embarrassing!

The only thing embarrassing is the people having a go at all the effort and work going into delivering Edinburgh’ Biggest and best football stand. 

Another day closer.

Edited by Jambomuzz

5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

A task Hannibal would have baulked at. Hats of to him. His commitment is humbling. God speed JiH.

19bcfda5450a8d0733e19568460a0ae5.jpg 

Live from the Pentland Hills.

6 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I see what you are saying but we would then potentially  be into a nit picking blame game - eg if it was lifts than there would be a murder mystery style investigation in here as to whether it was the club, contractor, mechanical engineer, building control officers being picky etc etc. I’m happy they just say it failed, sort it and then when the dust settles the club can review what went well and what didn’t. 

Also so if you say to much in these statements when a project isn’t signed off it can compromise any future compensation or insurance claims, should that be necessary (I doubt it will)

Correction ploughing my way through page 634

4 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I believe all the glue has to have time to harden fully?

Make sense now. Maybe we should leave it an extra day to be sure ?

Hackney Hearts
Just now, Huguenot said:

I don't think she 'claimed' it would be - it was the target. Different thing.

I certainly think there are folk on here who wouldn't dream of using the word 'duped'.

7 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Better taking the time to get it right than cutting corners just to please pantweeting sweetie wives. FTH.

Or you could do what the majority of people on this thread are demanding and just say "Failed a safety check two days ago? Ah who cares?!".

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Or you could do what the majority of people on this thread are demanding and just say "Failed a safety check two days ago? Ah who cares?!".

Eh? Who's said that??

Safe means safe.

Do you genuinely think things get safer with time? Because generally, the opposite is true.

Edited by Hackney Hearts

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Staying in tonight as I am so embarrassed. Seriously, one last push and hopefully there

Didn't know you were a midwife Dave.

scott herbertson
9 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Correction ploughing my way through page 634

I’ll try to reduce it to one line.

it would be a bad  idea

4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

We really do have some right ****ing wallopers in our support. 

Agreed, people demanding the stadium be rushed just to appease pantwetters and Partick fans.

Embarrassing.

See BBC Scotland roasters are sensationalising with a typical OTT headline on their TV news bulletin. Won’t be surprised if they have that walloper Willie Miller slavouring his pish. 

Good luck to all those working hard tonight to get this over the line. Keep the faith and FTH

Montgomery Brewster
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

See BBC Scotland roasters are sensationalising with a typical OTT headline on their TV news bulletin. Won’t be surprised if they have that walloper Willie Miller slavouring his pish. 

Good luck to all those working hard tonight to get this over the line. Keep the faith and FTH

I like your style 

"walloper Willie Miller slavouring his pish"

An absolute bellend. Despised him since he used to referee the games with that other ersepeice Mcleish. 

Absolute cretins.

All roads lead to Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Morgan said:

19bcfda5450a8d0733e19568460a0ae5.jpg 

Live from the Pentland Hills.

Crossing the Water of Leith at Balerno now. 

tourists-ride-elephants-crossing-river-kanchanaburi-thailand-may-67126867.jpg.1a16214401ac3cb142ab4887ae8b215c.jpg

5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

was it walloper willie who managed to fail to run a chippy in aberdeen?

stranraer-jambo
43 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

As someone not not able to make it this weekend, I still hope it goes ahead for those like yourself ( and the Patrick fan s for that matter) who have made travel arrangements.

Ditto.

maroonlegions
9 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Memo to AB: In all the euphoria tomorrow afternoon, please do not forget to order the pies.

Ha ha.

Major  fat b******* "pitchforkers" and "torchers"   oot in force if  there are no pies i would imagine.

Edited by maroonlegions

9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

BBC Scotland only ever talk about us when they can spin something negative. 

David Currie's 'report' certainly followed that trend. 

21 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

You really don’t know how safety inspections work do you? What’s a safe time period between getting signed off and being used in your opinion? ?

Maroon Sailor

Typical of BBC Glasgow to report negatively on Hearts.

If the stand was finished you'd probably get a 10 second voice over report from them.

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Typical of BBC Glasgow to report negatively on Hearts.

If the stand was finished you'd probably get a 10 second voice over report from them.

Pleasing to see they were told to GTF when they asked to film inside. Shameful report but expected. 

Glad I sit in the Gorgie. Not taking my chances in the DEATH TRAP which was only certifiably approved as safe a mere day prior. Everyone knows you need at least a week after this full on inspection before it's truly safe. Peter will back me up here.

Enjoy the death trap new standers

:verysmug:

Spare a thought for JiH and his chums making a monumentally difficult trek over land and sea in time for KO you argumentative arseholes.

Edited by Oliver Twist

Just now, Oliver Twist said:

Spare a thought for FiH and his chums making a monumentally difficult trek over land and sea in time for KO you argumentative arseholes.

:sob:

pray for JiH

Fxxx the SPFL

If there was no chance the game going ahead the council would have already pulled the plug the fact that there is a further inspection gives me confidence the game will be on fth

7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just watched that smug BBC twat David 'crabhands' Currie nearly shooting his load into the camera telling the nation that we are over budget, late, game may not go ahead etc etc. 

He needs a hot poker rammed....

He won't look so jovial then will he,  the curly heided, glaikit looking bellend that he is.

he looks the type that would enjoy that

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

Because it would have barely passed a safety inspection and we will have about 7,300 people sitting in it. Cutting it fine.

If it's passed as safe then it's safe. FFS one people are clutching at any straw to have a pop at the club. Utterly pathetic.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fake news. Followed by an article on shags, where both interviewer and interviewee were desperate to say shag as many times as possible without being rude. Top it all off my company trying to kill Burntisland as well. Worst news I've ever seen :rofl: