New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Amassing how the negative Francis Abert, Beats, the welled travelled JIH and certain other posters all come out slagging the delayed decision.

Wow to have "supporters" like you.........disappear 

Oh when the Hearts............

Geoff Kilpatrick

Given the expectation being created, I am now of the opinion that if it fails Saturday lunchtime, the fixture should be cancelled and Partick given a 3-0 win. And before someone says that passing the inspection hasn't been guaranteed, the point is that by doing another 24 hours later AND stating the arrangements for the game, HMFC are creating the expectation of the game being on.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Given the expectation being created, I am now of the opinion that if it fails Saturday lunchtime, the fixture should be cancelled and Partick given a 3-0 win. And before someone says that passing the inspection hasn't been guaranteed, the point is that by doing another 24 hours later AND stating the arrangements for the game, HMFC are creating the expectation of the game being on.

Reeking

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

A Hearts fan wanting to give the opposition 3 points ?????????? 

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

HMFC are creating the expectation of the game being on.

They are because they are. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

No. I want the game played.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, SUTOL said:

They are because they are. 

Exactly. For this to fail now would be a huge surprise to all involved.

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Hi Geoffrey nice to see you arrive to add your usual weight of optimism and support.

Im pretty sure Partick and SPFL/SFA are being kept in the loop, its a little silly to be offering out 3-0 results considering there is nothing in the rules for this outcome to happen.

Thanks again for your contribution though always welcome.

Edited by Jamboelite

19 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

nasa-spacewalk.jpg?w=738

Jambo in Space needs to know if the game's on.

If it's on,  PM me if you want to share a lift. I've got one space left in my space station escape capsule.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Hi Geoffrey nice to see you arrive to add your usual weight of optimism and support.

Im pretty sure Partick and SPFL/SFA are being kept in the loop, its a little silly to be offering out 3-0 results considering there is nothing in the rules for this outcome to happen.

I'm sure they are too. I also think they would be pretty pissed off if the inspection failed again.

2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Kanga has me on ignore anyway but, as you say, it’s great when he pops up.

HMFC 0 v 3 Plastic Whistle.

Good thinking Jeffy.

Just now, obua said:

Partick getting one section.

Yeah, see that. 

Really great stuff Obua. You guys have pulled out all the stops, and done a brilliant, brilliant job.  

25 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Sorry for starting an inquisition,  just asked as I'm probably heading that way some time in the next couple of weeks. :thumbsup:

Not to worry mate.

Enjoy. It’s a cracking place scenery wise. Just got to watch yourself on the roads!

Edited by Squirt

Just now, JALBO said:

Yeah, see that. 

Really great stuff Obua. You guys have pulled out all the stops, and done a brilliant, brilliant job.  

The difference in the last two days is amazing,signs going up now,so close.

11 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

rather than give the points away play with closed doors  no spectators and compensate season ticketers  just take the hit and I would bet no more deadlines missed

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Slowly but surely he goes.

Take it that’s him on the front elephant in the green top?

That's the lad. How he can gather so many followers is a mystery to me !

2 minutes ago, obua said:

The difference in the last two days is amazing,signs going up now,so close.

I'll bet. That's been some effort by everyone. Hope you've got a good seat for Sunday.

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

That's the lad. How he can gather so many followers is a mystery to me !

The elephant or our own and regular Sherpa Tensing?

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

took a wrong turning

Image result for elephant in edinburgh

At least he is behind bars in the zoo !

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm sure they are too. I also think they would be pretty pissed off if the inspection failed again.

They could be but it wont be a surprise to them and they will know the outcome if it does happen.

Just now, JALBO said:

I'll bet. That's been some effort by everyone. Hope you've got a good seat for Sunday.

Seconded definitely by me.

Brilliant input Obua.

1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

rather than give the points away play with closed doors  no spectators and compensate season ticketers  just take the hit and I would bet no more deadlines missed

If game can’t go ahead it will be postponed,no loss of points or any ather penalties.

Looking forward to the sensational headline on BBC Scotland tomorrow. Against all costs Hearts managed to get Tynecastle finished in time to get the game on. Probably won't even get a mention.

4 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Would like to hear Thistle fans take on this. I'd imagine if it was the other way round we'd be thinking it was a bit of a farce.

If you'll forgive the interloper (and I'm defo not a h*bee) but the majority jags fans are not talking much about it at all on the wearethistle forum - think we've got to about 3 or 4 pages on the matter.

Been on here the last few weeks looking at the photos (and some of your own crew's pantwetter pish!) as it develops - looks a decent replacement for the old tin shed - and the pitch looks in cracking nick from the photo posted half an hour ago.

As for the media-led inconvenience factor, we're only travelling 50 miles so for most of us our weekend/Sunday and not expensive at all travel plans will not be disrupted in any way whatsoever.

Favourite moment at Tynecastle was Donald Park scoring in final minute in a league game back in the early '80's - we were packed into the old stand shed enclosure - won 1-0 ... got chased through Gorgie by your lot, passed a brewery and didn't look back until I got to Craiglockart - eventually found the bus and laughed all the way home!

Hope we pump you lot as well - enjoy the game and your new seats. :thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Jamboelite said:

They could be but it wont be a surprise to them and they will know the outcome if it does happen.

Quite but I think there should be a sanction if we don't have things ready. If we were in Partick's position and they were building the stand, this board would be coming down with seethe.

1 minute ago, harrywragg said:

If you'll forgive the interloper (and I'm defo not a h*bee) but the majority jags fans are not talking much about it at all on the wearethistle forum - think we've got to about 3 or 4 pages on the matter.

Been on here the last few weeks looking at the photos (and some of your own crew's pantwetter pish!) as it develops - looks a decent replacement for the old tin shed - and the pitch looks in cracking nick from the photo posted half an hour ago.

As for the media-led inconvenience factor, we're only travelling 50 miles so for most of us our weekend/Sunday and not expensive at all travel plans will not be disrupted in any way whatsoever.

Favourite moment at Tynecastle was Donald Park scoring in final minute in a league game back in the early '80's - we were packed into the old stand shed enclosure - won 1-0 ... got chased through Gorgie by your lot, passed a brewery and didn't look back until I got to Craiglockart - eventually found the bus and laughed all the way home!

Enjoy the day you’re more balanced in your view than some of our so called supporters.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Enjoy the day you’re more balanced in your view than some of our so called supporters.

If only we were all as good as you.

1 minute ago, harrywragg said:

I mind your lot putting 5 past us in the 90s without a striker in your team but that aside I've never had a problem with Thistle, I'm glad we're playing you on Sunday

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Quite but I think there should be a sanction if we don't have things ready. If we were in Partick's position and they were building the stand, this board would be coming down with seethe.

I think everyone across the board from our governing body, opposition and most of our own fans recognise this is a very unique situation and are treating it as such.

Tbe Jags poster kind of confirms that.

Apologies. Nothing we didn't already know on Reporting Scotland. In the trailer for it during the nationwide news Sally Magnusson's tone was a bit doomy. 

Edited by martoon

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why are you obsessed with us getting a sanction.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Jamboelite said:

I think everyone across the board from our governing body, opposition and most of our own fans recognise this is a very unique situation and are treating it as such.

Tbe Jags poster kind of confirms that.

I actually think we have lucked out with the fixture list given that it is Partick and they are generally liked by everyone. If it was a Category A fixture the game would have been off already.

4 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

Interloping forgiven.

A Sunday jolly with some Thistle boys was planned but they, understandably, are holding off as won't make a mid-week rearranged game.

No cash gates these days put pay to these kind of situations.

Pisser.

5 minutes ago, obua said:

If game can’t go ahead it will be postponed,no loss of points or any ather penalties.

Okay I don't know what rules apply but if it points then feck closed doors as the whole stadium becomes taboo to all fans anyway.

I would just like to say I'm sitting here feeling very proud, with a wee tear thinking of how great our club is. I can only see positive things in our future.... Roll on Sunday when I take my seat in the new totally gorgeous stand and applaud all who made it happen. 

..... oh and FTH forever. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, obua said:

Why are you obsessed with us getting a sanction.

How am I "obsessed"? I only formed that opinion this morning!

Remember the seethe on here when, for example, Motherwell's pitch was sodden and they couldn't play? If we do not get this fixture played, and we should, then that is the direction of travel we are going down.