New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

15 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Glad I sit in the Gorgie. Not taking my chances in the DEATH TRAP which was only certifiably approved as safe a mere day prior. Everyone knows you need at least a week after this full on inspection before it's truly safe. Peter will back me up here.

Enjoy the death trap new standers

:verysmug:

Jambof3tornado

Mind if you are in the new stand to all jump at different times when celebrating goals! A wave effect from front row to back would do.

Edited by Jambof3tornado

Every chance this will go ahead for midday. Grafting thru the night to get it done. If theirs anything anyone can do. To get it ready I'm. Sure we will be only willing to get it passed in time 

35 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Crossing the Water of Leith at Balerno now. 

tourists-ride-elephants-crossing-river-kanchanaburi-thailand-may-67126867.jpg.1a16214401ac3cb142ab4887ae8b215c.jpg

Slowly but surely he goes.

Take it that’s him on the front elephant in the green top?

Jambof3tornado

Just heard that its a strict 10 stone limit per seat to avoid stressing the new stand. Scales to be used on entry and if you are over the limit you don't get in!!

Stupid Sexy Flanders
26 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He won't look so jovial then will he,  the curly heided, glaikit looking bellend that he is.

:lol: Excellent. 

Seymour M Hersh
26 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just watched that smug BBC twat David 'crabhands' Currie nearly shooting his load into the camera telling the nation that we are over budget, late, game may not go ahead etc etc. 

He needs a hot poker rammed......

He won't look so jovial then will he,  the curly heided, glaikit looking bellend that he is.

He would probably enjoy that.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I like the pic that Sky are using on their tweets. (just need to get rid of the scaffolding platform)

DO2C_GvX4AcQJIZ.jpg

THIS is what it really looks like ...

our front window  is gonna be the envy of every club in Scotland 

1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Here's hoping

Are you hoping for those of us who actually have long journeys but are actually coming?

Or do you mean for people like you who have moaned constantly about made up alternatives for a game an hour away that you were never going to anyway?

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Embarrassing!

The only thing embarrassing is the people having a go at all the effort and work going into delivering Edinburgh’ Biggest and best football stand. 

Another day closer.

Spot on.  A quick scan of this thread sums this place up just now. 

Some of the usual suspects who suck the life out of this board.  Never happy unless they are picking fault with the club. 

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Are you hoping for those of us who actually have long journeys but are actually coming?

Or do you mean for people like you who have moaned constantly about made up alternatives for a game an hour away that you were never going to anyway?

Lol.

22 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

THIS is what it really looks like ...

our front window  is gonna be the envy of every club in Scotland 

Mind you, without the crest and the name people could mistake it for the east stand at the Giro.

The statement seems to confirm my reading of the plans which is that the concourse is divided in two sections. Meaning you won’t be able to walk from one end to the other. I think there is a divide in the middle to allow access from directors suite and hospitality straight to the seating. Can anyone on site confirm?

17 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Hoping for those who have long journeys to make.

and FYI, I'm going to the game with someone who is making a 2 hour journey to get there!

and yes I am attending the game - so if it does go ahead, I'll be able to tell you a anything about it 

Edited by Jambo_in_Hamilton
Spelling

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just watched that smug BBC twat David 'crabhands' Currie nearly shooting his load into the camera telling the nation that we are over budget, late, game may not go ahead etc etc. 

He needs a hot poker rammed......

I saw it too - dreadful journalism.

3 hours ago, Beats said:

Mind this would have been ready on September 9th if we hadn't "forgot" to order the seats. :rofl:

And the statement saying the concourse areas would be completed.

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Archibald's thoughts which are fair, but what about the arsehole reporters trying everything in their wee pitiful minds for the manager to have a pop at Hearts!!

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1402464-archibald-moving-hearts-game-to-december-not-an-option/

I'm not sure how you've come to that conclusion.

Today's statement was better. Just want this to be over and back at Tynecastle now.

3 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

and FYI, I'm going to the game with someone who is make a 2 hour journey to get there!

and yes I am attending the game - so if it does go ahead, I'll be able to tell you a anything about it 

Quit your griping, man. We all have treks to make, be it home or away ! For the Edinburgh boys, it's away games to the West and up North, for those of us in the West, it's every home game and up North. Wee respite in West coast away games mind.

Probably already mentioned, but incase it hasnt I'll add some more negative input....the area around the stand will need a hell of a clearing overnight, it didnt look ready for thousands of punters earlier. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
4 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Official? :)

99%.  Everyone is confident the final few boxes will be ticked. There is no way we would push the contractors  to work on if there was any doubts on our or the council's side. 

The inspectors wouldn't even consider  returning if it wasn't achievable. 

2 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Anymore pics ?

i would assume all the pantwetters and ne'er dowells would be camping out in McLeod Street. 

Anyone see the  elusive greenminge ? Or is  it still lapping up the adulation on ihavewebbedfeet.net. 

One from lunchtime and one from teatime. At the Roseburn end, there was very noticable progress between my lunchtime and teatime fly-pasts. The guys working there are pulling out all the stops, no doubt about it.

09_original.jpg?v84132719490151

10_original.jpg?v84132719490151

Here now. Hive of activity as you'd expect. Roseburn end has been levelled off and hardcore put down. Looks ready to be tarmac'd in the morning. Posts in place there too, assume they're there to attach segregation gates onto?Numerous bodies all working away on the first floor. 

Tellin ye, jobs a goodun?

16 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

and FYI, I'm going to the game with someone who is making a 2 hour journey to get there!

Well done. I’ll prepare some quiz questions. 

2 hours is good commitment. Should be well praised. Just over 5 hours for me door to door, each way. And i make that journey every week.

imagine if i moaned on here about my journey as much as you did? 

21 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Can’t wait for oor Annie to do the Beattie round Tynecastle Park on Sunday, never in doubt ❤️

Steady on now!!!

Just now, JALBO said:

One from lunchtime and one from teatime. At the Roseburn end, there was very noticable progress between my lunchtime and teatime fly-pasts. The guys working there are pulling out all the stops, no doubt about it.

10_original.jpg?v84132719490151

The scaffold is down on the Skylounge, not sure if that means the maroon capping won’t be completed until after the game (assuming it takes place of course).

Only a cosmetic detail but it’s a shame it looks half and half.

12 minutes ago, Boab said:

Quit your griping, man. We all have treks to make, be it home or away ! For the Edinburgh boys, it's away games to the West and up North, for those of us in the West, it's every home game and up North. Wee respite in West coast away games mind.

Exactly. The irony of his idiocy being if he’d googled, he’d have realised he was telling someone who travels up from East London every week about his made up mate making a 2 hour journey. But then that would require brains and a respite from his moaning. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

99%.  Everyone is confident the final few boxes will be ticked. There is no way we would push the contractors  to work on if there was any doubts on our or the council's side. 

The inspectors wouldn't even consider  returning if it wasn't achievable. 

Yes!  That's the difference between Slavering "Funny Boy" Currie and reality.

There's a difference between saying, there's still a few things to finish off and it'll go and, Currie's, "It failed!"

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

I'm having to get a feckin train to the game so that I can have a few beers first.

Then home again for crying out loud.

And at my age it's feckin £4 return.

It's a disgrace.

Hahahaha.

The club should reimburse your £4 either way.  If they don’t i’ll start a just giving page for you. If there is a surplus i’ll donate it to JiH

1 minute ago, Jamborello said:

The scaffold is down on the Skylounge, not sure if that means the maroon capping won’t be completed until after the game (assuming it takes place of course).

Only a cosmetic detail but it’s a shame it looks half and half.

As has been said numerous times on here, the pictures just don't do justice to so much of what is being built. The maroon cappings looked really smart up on the Sky Lounge, but something tells me that it won't be a priority to finish it off before Sunday. Thomaso may know of course.

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Going by yesterday's photos, it's taken the window cleaners a day and a half to do around 60% of the glass facade.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Going by yesterday's photos, it's taken the window cleaners a day and a half to do around 60% of the glass facade.

About the same time as it takes me to do the dozen or so windows around the house......

32 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

2 hours?!

2 WHOLE hours?

BD0577FC-B7EC-4AED-9954-986400945A95.gif

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm having to get a feckin train to the game so that I can have a few beers first.

Then home again for crying out loud.

And at my age it's feckin £4 return.

It's a disgrace.

#prayforjonno

2 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Nice try buttercup but all your posts on this thread and others are based on criticism.

You bash on fuming at how unsafe it is (noticed you didnt counter the point made)

Yours

Embarrassing man

:rofl: 

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

2 hours?!

2 WHOLE hours?

BD0577FC-B7EC-4AED-9954-986400945A95.gif

Tbf, it'll take me two hours to get to Tynie on Sunday. Leave my house at 1230, in the Diggers by 1250, in my seat by 1450.

An epic trek... (At least it feels that wat after two hours in the pub and a fed of steak pies)

40 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

2 hours?

Well  bugger me

They must be travelling a fair distance to be on the go for 2 hours.

Let me guess.... central belt?

I almost have that on a daily basis commuting.

Your friend must be precious.

22 minutes ago, Boab said:

Im late to the party with this I know but I just don’t get the complaints from any angle, although I’m not one to attack (for lack of a better word) people who are a little more fragile but I come from Argyll every week. 1 hour 20 to a ferry, half hour ferry journey then another hour to Tynie then back again. It’s not an invitation to get the measuring tape out but I’d wager I’m in the top 10% for longest, most frequent and most bloody expensive journeys to Tynecastle. 

If Hearts were to confirm it’s going ahead on Sunday at 10 I’d still make it, if they announced that it wouldn’t be going ahead at all then I’d do something else. You’ve got the day booked for the football, so even if other plans are missed due to it being called off at short notice it’s the same situation. You miss your other plans whether it’s on or off. It couldn’t have been much of an occasion missed if the football was a better option all along.

The media have been on our backs big time, IMO, regarding this entire thing and I just don’t get it at all. We’ve built a 12 million pound (minimum) stand to add to Scottish football but the media and fans of other teams, that it doesn’t even effect, are calling it a disgrace and embarrassment?

There are at least 8, maybe even 9 or 10, other teams in this league that won’t achieve what we have in the next 50 years but we’re the embarrassment? Get stuffed.

Thank you for indulging my rant KB. As you were. 

The Future's Maroon
9 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Tbf, it'll take me two hours to get to Tynie on Sunday. Leave my house at 1230, in the Diggers by 1250, in my seat by 1450.

An epic trek... (At least it feels that wat after two hours in the pub and a fed of steak pies)

Ya barsteward, that was going to be my smart arse reply ?

I will be playing mini putt ( to win) with my daughter and 6 year old grandson.  That will be followed by 3 pints of Carlesberg and I'll quietly toast the inspectors.

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Ya barsteward, that was going to be my smart arse reply ?

:D

The Apprentice
53 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

A 2 hour journey? You will find out either way a day before the game so suck it up. 

9 minutes ago, Squirt said:

I come from Argyll every week. 1 hour 20 to a ferry, half hour ferry journey then another hour to Tynie then back again.

Are you anywhere near Tighnabruaich?