New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

You can really see the different angle between the new Main Stand and the Wheatfield in this photo. The new one is  a fair bit steeper.

Thought according to new building regs the new stand  can’t be as steep as the wheatfield. It’s less so by about 1degree?!

5 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

So kind! The wonders of mechanical transport eh?! This was actually a pic of me on my way to the 5-1 final: fortuitously, due to the curvature of the Earth, my journey from the ISS was actually shorter to Hampden than it would have been to Tynecastle. And on this occasion, I'm currently conducting a wheel repair to the Mars Rover so the sooner Budge can tell us if the game's on the better. 

To be fair tho - you haven’t got to endure a long train journey up from London have you?!

8 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

So kind! The wonders of mechanical transport eh?! This was actually a pic of me on my way to the 5-1 final: fortuitously, due to the curvature of the Earth, my journey from the ISS was actually shorter to Hampden than it would have been to Tynecastle. And on this occasion, I'm currently conducting a wheel repair to the Mars Rover so the sooner Budge can tell us if the game's on the better. 

You couldn't do a wee diversion and collect JiH could you?

Ah memories 

sitting on the benches in the old shed 

always at the end where the away support entered

the laughs and banter when our ugly sisters came to visit

takes me back..........

highlandjambo3

Was well p**sed off at last nights TV news report on our colossal “fail”, the report and camera angle took great pride in filming the wee corner “building site” as a monumental disaster area...............forget panning the camera around the rest of our new stand.........fekers ?

41 minutes ago, CBjambo said:

Thought according to new building regs the new stand  can’t be as steep as the wheatfield. It’s less so by about 1degree?!

It certainly looks steeper to me if you compare them do you not think the angle of the new stand looks steeper.?

5 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Was well p**sed off at last nights TV news report on our colossal “fail”, the report and camera angle took great pride in filming the wee corner “building site” as a monumental disaster area...............forget panning the camera around the rest of our new stand.........fekers ?

That's the BBC for you all doom and gloom. It took them all their time to mention the lunch time check today almost an afterthought.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It certainly looks steeper to me if you compare them do you not think the angle of the new stand looks steeper.?

No it's definitely not steeper! It has more rows going further back and a bigger capacity though.

52 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

While we wait on today's sign off, a wee reminder of where we were.

Screenshot_20171118-075342.jpg

There's no place like home! I'm so glad I'm old enough to remember tynie like that

1 minute ago, chico1874 said:

No it's definitely not steeper! It has more rows going further back and a bigger capacity though.

I 'm not arguing with anyone about it . My point was it looks steeper. Maybe it isn't but it looks it to me, so far two posters have replied and neither has said if they agree it looks steeper. Perhaps it is just a trick of the eye or maybe it's just me.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

There's no place like home! I'm so glad I'm old enough to remember tynie like that

Also very heartening to see how tightly packed the old (presumably whiskey bond?) warehouses used to be to the back of the shed. 

Bet that felt like an insurmountable barrier to expansion at one time. 

Looks like a lot less change would Be needed if we ever wanted to expand the Wheatfield than was required to build it. 

4 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Some people on here - and it is not just one - need to learn the First Law of Holes:

"If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."

Some need to improve their grammar.

36 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Caught David Currie's report on the 10:30 update , the negative slant was embarrassing. Really quite shameful tbh as what Hearts have  achieved in the timescale is increadible .you wil

always  get banter between rival fans but that report by the BBC last night was dreadful , but it's what the Scottish media are all about , talking down the product and indeed Scotland at every opportunity, sad stuff but entirely predictable from Currie , 

Edited by ramrod

Back O’ nine in the AM and still photos!

WTF is going on with our photography team? Get oot yer beds ya lazy bassas!

Edited by Pans Jambo

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, RosscoC said:

August

“Everything that was due to be delivered by 9th September will still be delivered by then, with the exception of the installation of the seats.”

“Our new target date for being “open for business”, however, is now Sunday 5th November, 2017. Given this new date, when we do open the stand in November, we will be in a position to open everything on the first floor, including 2 of our hospitality lounges, well ahead of our earlier scheduled date. Similarly, all of our supporter areas will be completed to the finished standard, rather than the minimal standard that would have been delivered in September”

October

“I will issue a further detailed progress up-date to our supporters later in the week.  I would, however, take this opportunity to stress that the building programme will see the handover of Phase 1 requirements to the club within the next 10 days.”

“However, the time then remaining to enable "acceptance testing" of all the various new facilities and processes would be very limited,were we to aim to play our opening game on 5th November, 2017.”

November 

“1. Only part of the Ground Floor (Main Reception area, the Players’ Lounge and the Supporter Turnstiles) will be open for business. All other areas are strictly out-of-bounds.

3. I want to stress that not all concourse areas have been decorated to the finished standard, particularly in the North section. However, we will have everything fully completed and decorated to a high standard over the coming weeks.”

:teehee:

:laugh:

That's done it now!

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Boak O’ nine in the AM and still photos!

WTF is going on with our photography team? Get oot yer beds ya lazy bassas!

Really they should be down there covered head to foot in USB chargers doing a continuous periscope of the site for the next 3 hours.   Frankly unreasonable otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Caught David Currie's report on the 10:30 update , the negative slant was embarrassing. Really quite shameful tbh as what Hearts achieved in the timescale is increadible . 

You will

away get banter between rival fans but that report by the BBC last night was dreadful , but it's what the Scottish media are all about , talking down the product and indeed Scotland at every opportunity, sad stuff but entirely predictable from Currie , 

So it wasn't just me that found his report shameful.

I'd really like it if the Hearts board took him and the bbc to task over that poor piece of journalism, you can add that horrible bitch Sally Magnusson to the list as well for her brief statement at the start of the programme .

6 months to knock down and build a new stand but no praise about that .

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

I'd really like it if the Hearts board took him and the bbc to task over that poor piece of journalism, you can add that horrible bitch Sally Magnusson to the list as well for her brief statement at the start of the programme .

Maybe if we hadn't aimed for a timescale 10 weeks prior we might not have handed them a stick to beat us with?

32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Agree, reading Anne's statement was interesting that the food stalls shall have 10 people to serve the support, back when Henry was in goal at the shed lucky if there were two serving.

Edited by Neon

2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

You do realise that Sally only reads what is on the autocue;)

Italian Lambretta

Alan Archibald having a go at us in the current Bun this morning saying we are only trying to get the main stand open for financial gain.

He goes on saying we should be forced to play with just 3 stands like we did earlier in this season.

You would think someone at the pre-match interview would let him know we have 14k season ticket holders and they cannot all fit into the 3 stands. 

WTF are we supposed to do tell a couple of thousand season ticket holders and the Partick fans they cannot attend the game because Alan Archibald has insisted we play with just 3 stands?

2 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Agree, reading Anne's statement was interesting that the food stalls shall have 10 people to man the support, back when Henry was in goal at the shed lucky if there were two serving.

:laugh: I hadn't thought about that, the "facilities" back then were crazy!

Morning folks. Another day refreshing the browser ahead. I’ve got a good feeling about today. Please let all the hard work pay off. ??? any news from those on site ?

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Alan Archibald having a go at us in the current Bun this morning saying we are only trying to get the main stand open for financial gain.

He goes on saying we should be forced to play with just 3 stands like we did earlier in this season.

You would think someone at the pre-match interview would let him know we have 14k season ticket holders and they cannot all fit into the 3 stands. 

WTF are we supposed to do tell a couple of thousand season ticket holders and the Partick fans they cannot attend the game because Alan Archibald has insisted we play with just 3 stands?

Indeed, though he probably doesn’t actually know that. 

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I saw that, a pile of ill informed wank - I thought better of him to be honest

"Betfred Cup games have been played at Tynecastle this season and I asked why it can’t be the case on Sunday?

It is probably down to a finance thing.

But it’s unfair if we’re forced to plan NINE games in December to help Hearts out financially.

I don’t know about the safety issues in terms of getting to the ground but I want the game on.

But it’s not fair on supporters if they call it off late on Saturday night and plans are up in the air."

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Trying to get it open for financial gain ? WTF ? Whilst I appreciate it’s far from ideal from a supporters point he has been told to prepare for the game going ahead. What changes for him ? Nothing unless at 12 noon today it’s bad news. 

Financial gain - aye in the long run that’s a yes but I’m pretty sure paying overtime rates for a good week for 24/7 to hundreds of workers isn’t really going to make us much money though Alan.

jesus wept

9 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The game taking place on Sunday will show we were right not to call this off earlier in the week. Poor stuff again from Beats.

It's the fact it was messing people about mate. But guess you knew that anyway!

siegementality
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Indeed, though he probably doesn’t actually know that. 

Well maybe better that he didn’t say it then. 

Mid Calder Jambo
51 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I have still got the pish stains on my legs

20 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Sally Magnusson hates hearts! :rofl:

Horrible bitch - get a ****ing grip of yourself man, you can't expect everyone to pussyfoot around just because it might upset a few sensitive hearts fans ffs, if the club didn't want any criticism or questions asked then they shouldn't have kept making bold statements about completion dates.

19 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Alternatively you could watch or read what he said in his press conference rather than believing the spin of that rag.

Whilst the delays have caused a bit of embarrassment and inconvenience with regard to planning, the Scottish media's reporting of the new stand has been poor. For a Scottish club to be building a £14million new stand these days is remarkable, particularly considering the state we were in a few years ago and even more so when you look at what is being constructed over such a short space of time. It is a huge plus to Scottish football and big upgrade to what is already regarded as one of the best stadiums in the Scottish game, yet a few months delay to the construction has largely skewed the longer term benefits to Hearts/the game up here being reported.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

you can't really think that Sally Magnusson wrote what she read out, can you?

That will have been done by the editorial group.

Edited by Alex_Jambo
spelling!!

Mid Calder Jambo
Just now, Gorgie_Rules said:

Alternatively you could watch or read what he said in his press conference rather than believing the spin of that rag.

Whilst the delays have caused a bit of embarrassment and inconvenience with regard to planning, the Scottish media's reporting of the new stand has been poor. For a Scottish club to be building a £14million new stand these days  is remarkable, particularly considering the state we were in a few years ago. It is a huge plus to Scottish football and big upgrade to what is already regarded as one of the best stadiums in the Scottish game, yet a few months delay to the construction has largely skewed the longer term benefits to Hearts/the game up here.

And all being well tomorrow we will have the newest stand in world football. Stick that in your hash pipe down the docks.

1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Whilst the delays have caused a bit of embarrassment and inconvenience with regard to planning, the Scottish media's reporting of the new stand has been poor. For a Scottish club to be building a £14million new stand these days  is remarkable, particularly considering the state we were in a few years ago and even more so when you look at what is being constructed over the space of time. It is a huge plus to Scottish football and big upgrade to what is already regarded as one of the best stadiums in the Scottish game, yet a few months delay to the construction has largely skewed the longer term benefits to Hearts/the game up here.

"Betfred Cup games have been played at Tynecastle this season and I asked why it can’t be the case on Sunday?

But it’s unfair if we’re forced to plan NINE games in December to help Hearts out financially.

I don’t know about the safety issues in terms of getting to the ground but I want the game on.

But it’s not fair on supporters if they call it off late on Saturday night and plans are up in the air."

The way some of the press have reported our new stand is embarrassing. A progressive club tries to advance and all they do is criticise.  

Some haves been Great, Tom English seems to get Hearts and what we are trying to do.

Alwayssunnyingorgie
4 minutes ago, Alex_Jambo said:

you can't really think that Sally Magnusson wrote what she read out, can you?

That will have been done by the editorialgroup.

She should have refused to read it out and quit in protest. 

Sally can gtf now. 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1402464-archibald-moving-hearts-game-to-december-not-an-option/

read his comments in that article, at no point is he having a dig at Hearts or being snidey about us. He is concerned about an extra game in December and rightly so, but no swipe at us (99% sure his comments would have been made in the same press conference as the Sun journalist was at)

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

39 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Caught David Currie's report on the 10:30 update , the negative slant was embarrassing. Really quite shameful tbh as what Hearts have  achieved in the timescale is increadible .you wil

always  get banter between rival fans but that report by the BBC last night was dreadful , but it's what the Scottish media are all about , talking down the product and indeed Scotland at every opportunity, sad stuff but entirely predictable from Currie , 

Totally agree media are so negative but they have to be if you look at the stadium its impressive and monument for the future and they don't like that