New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

2 minutes ago, bam95 said:

Not my pic, but a beauty. 

23551212_10215178340197081_4025230881275475582_o.jpg

Incredible. Let's take our seats on Sunday and bring the Tynecastle atmosphere back to match the surroundings and occasion.

Allowayjambo1874
5 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

Guy up the back having a slash.

:laugh:

LOL- it's just like the shed now!!

5 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

The best thing about it is, we helped fund this. WE. US. 

Correct. Jambos near and Jambos far away. We can bicker and fall out but when we all pull together, stuff like this can happen. I doff my cap to absolutely everyone involved in the planning and construction side. Take a bow every single one of you. I cannot wait to travel up for the Motherwell game 3 weeks tomorrow and see it for myself.

Ann asked staff today if we believed that it's all going to plan for Sunday, and it will all go ahead on Sunday ?? It looks the cats nuts inside not just outside ?

Footballfirst
12 minutes ago, bam95 said:

Not my pic, but a beauty. 

23551212_10215178340197081_4025230881275475582_o.jpg

Are there any handrails on the stairways?  It doesn't look like it from the last couple of photos.  If not I can see a few accidents occurring with people who are unsteady on their feet.

Otherwise it good to see it in a near finished state, and from the other photograph it looks like the wheelchair / carer places have also been fitted

The Future's Maroon
16 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

Its factual, not here to wind anyone up but its not going to happen on Sunday.

Name your 'source', it can be instantly dismissed.

King Of The Cat Cafe

FF asked: "Are there any handrails on the stairways?", and at that something occurred to me about Murrayfield.  In the East Stand I was way near the top and there were no hand barriers, like those on the Wheatfield say, and I was always very wary coming down.

Just saying, like.

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

FF asked: "Are there any handrails on the stairways?", and at that something occurred to me about Murrayfield.  In the East Stand I was way near the top and there were no hand barriers, like those on the Wheatfield say, and I was always very wary coming down.

Just saying, like.

I can’t recall seeing handrails at any other grounds in Scotland apart from Tynie 

25 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

There is no chance whatsoever that the game will go ahead, no way.  

And you know this how?

Or, do you not?

3 hours ago, Paolo said:

I would disagree.   Particularly with  Partick, who gave us a cut of their takings when we were in admin, and agreed to switch fixtures round in the first place for the stand rebuild. 

Just my opinion of course.  

And for me the weather comparison is not correct.  We have no control over the weather.  We also have no control of the decision, as in such cases the officials make the decision.   

In our case, we will have a rough idea on if the game will go ahead.   

There is no perfect decision point. We will never please everyone.  Partick do deserve consideration though.  Again, only my opinion. 

Seconded, Thistle are friends of Hearts to my mind. Them and some other good Scottish clubs deserve our thanks, respect and definitely a little consideration.

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Seconded, Thistle are friends of Hearts to my mind. Them and some other good Scottish clubs deserve our thanks, respect and definitely a little consideration.

I think we should have a red (or even a maroon) carpet on top of the hardfill for the Patrick supporters to walk on going in and coming out...

Holyrood_Hearts
31 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

There is no chance whatsoever that the game will go ahead, no way.  

Aye ok son 

2 hours ago, kila said:

Quality pics tian447

Cheers mate.  Had a day off from work so decided to drive down from Dundee just to get a feel for how's it's all progressing. 

Cannot wait for Sunday! :thumbsup:

(loved the workies on the roof, but not entirely sure what they were doing!) 

2 hours ago, kila said:

Quality pics tian447

Cheers mate.  Had a day off from work so decided to drive down from Dundee just to get a feel for how's it's all progressing. 

...a bit disco
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

This.

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Why do you think that?

Should you not be worrying about your trek to Tynecastle, make sure you have plenty water and an emergency contact.

siegementality
11 hours ago, Thomaso said:

No sorry - all other stands still have steel bars.

I thought I saw a pic from the Gorgie end that the barriers had perspex on them.

4 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

This.

giphy.gif

Looks like the Old Main Stand. 

No wonder we have to replace it :lol:

4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Should you not be worrying about your trek to Tynecastle, make sure you have plenty water and an emergency contact.

His mates in the Artisan will watch out for him.

Don’t worry JL.

3 hours ago, Paolo said:

I am thinking though that we may choose to give notice to our own fans and that of Partick, and their team of course.  

My my personal opinion is that we are due them that courtesy.   They have been good to us after all. 

I reckon both teams, and the vast majority of both sets of fans, would rather have the game go ahead on Sunday but not have it confirmed till Saturday than have it called off tomorrow because it couldn't be confirmed that it will go ahead until the following day.

Looks better than I imagined, cannot wait for Sunday. Really hoping it gets the green light, it'll be the first game in a good while I've looked forward to. Hopefully the players and the supporters get a good lift from a tremendous venue.

Lucille's Thirsty
5 hours ago, Morgan said:

Post 7837 (Seven Eight Three Seven) on .nets thread about the new stand has pointed out to his audience of dunces that there is a dirty lamp post near the site.

No doubt the idiots will be in raptures at this monumental discovery.

Oh Hibs :facepalm:

Literally anything to point score.  Scaffs.

32 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Are there any handrails on the stairways?  It doesn't look like it from the last couple of photos.  If not I can see a few accidents occurring with people who are unsteady on their feet.

Otherwise it good to see it in a near finished state, and from the other photograph it looks like the wheelchair / carer places have also been fitted

The old main stand didn't have handrails either.

Neither did Murrayfield or ER iirc

So clearly not a requirement.

siegementality
2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

5E265842-1A65-4F84-B484-2A66B430CADE.jpeg

That top pic is the difference. The concourse looks outstanding. No breeze block, false ceiling, totally different from any other football stadium concourse i’ve been in.   

We have really set a standard here and hopefully through time the other stands will be brought up to the same spec.

Footballfirst
Just now, luckydug said:

The old main stand didn't have handrails either.

Neither did Murrayfield or ER iirc

So clearly not a requirement.

I appreciate that, but I'm a little surprised given that there are handrails in the other stands.

7 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

5E265842-1A65-4F84-B484-2A66B430CADE.jpeg

This was doing the rounds on Celtics website apparently in mocking our completion date.

Edited by Jamboelite

35 minutes ago, RealMaroonCF said:

I’d love to see the club put a spew bag on every roseburn seat for the derby

get it up ye ya vermin

Just keep the ones they take of the seats from the new stand.

14 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

This was doing the roads on Celtics website apparently in mocking our completion date.

I’m not on Facebook but lifted from the Hearts MS site. There is a reference about the Tic site. 

Edited by Dannie Boy
Hibs spelling ?

Lucille's Thirsty
4 hours ago, alfredo said:

Taken this afternoon 

273DB75D-D509-4858-A4A3-371786996E79.jpeg

Every single one of us on Sunday:

giphy.gif

Such a great picture, lovely crest I wonder in the future or soon we put a “Heart of Midlothian FC” sign just below the crest.

6 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Literally anything to point score.  Scaffs.

‘Scaffs’  is the perfect description LT.

:lol: