New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Should just leave them on the seats for the worriers in the support

PANTWETTERZZZZZ LOLZ!!

Not absorbent enough, plus you've got to remember there's pish coming from both ends.

Hahaha the Hobbits on Needleshare.net creaming themselves over the lies that the cherry picker (crane if you're a douche) has been locked in the stadium in error!!! 

"Ah so it was planned that way. I bet you see plant and machinery having to be partly dismantled on every building site in every part of the UK on a fairly regular basis. Not!"

Listen ya prick, no other building site outside of a stadium needs height support from the centre of a locked out space, the picker will get out as PLANNED.

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The perimeter barriers on the other stands are basically metal or plywood infilled with a company advert panel on the front. 

I would like to see permanent electronic advertising in front of all 4 stands.

Not sure if covered earlier but is there a plan to build new turnstiles for the Wheatfield? Some of the existing ones are very narrow for more portly fans.

Asking for a friend

46 minutes ago, Heidthebaw said:

Building a wall noo??

Not just any wall, it's going to be the best wall ever, wait till you see it, you're going to love it, it's going to be a great wall, in fact it's going to be THE Great Wall, cos there isn't already a Great Wall, if anyone says there is it's FAKE NEWS! Covfefe!!!!!

A_A wehatethehibs
16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The perimeter barriers on the other stands are basically metal or plywood infilled with a company advert panel on the front. 

Only one man knows the construction materials to that level of intimate detail

ZCLCJtr.gif

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Not just any wall, it's going to be the best wall ever, wait till you see it, you're going to love it, it's going to be a great wall, in fact it's going to be THE Great Wall, cos there isn't already a Great Wall, if anyone says there is it's FAKE NEWS! Covfefe!!!!!

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, damo said:

Absolutely magnificent !

Shame the council couldn't have sorted out the broken slabs on the pavement and the mess of the approach road. Mind you it could be all the heavy vehicles doing the work on our new stand that have  made the damage.

I see the Hobos are thinking there is now a conspiracy in that Edinburgh Council are pro Hearts and anti Hibs.  Seriously they may as well just start wearing hoops.

Edited by i8hibsh

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, martoon said:

They've frequently claimed that to be the case, regarding safety certificates for the old main and this one. Some genuinely believe that inspectors have turned a blind eye to h&s over the years.

The average Hibby is deranged. I blame Hearts. 30+ years of derby day misery has tipped them over the edge.

:clubbed::av-1001:

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

If they seriously believe that the Council would grant a safety certificate if it did not comply is utter madness. Imagine if there were an accident and it turned out to be deemed that the person who issued the certificate had turned a blind eye to the cause!!!

There is no way that they would do this. The only help they have given is to ensure that they make someone available up to the last minute other than that it is the same rules for everyone.

Bloody right, it wouldn't be worth their career and possible legal action against the Council and the Officers name who signs it off. For obvious reasons, the guys who have been involved are not Hearts fans, we couldn't allocate this to a Hearts-minded officer. Reminds me of when working with HMRC and our admin event was about to kick off I was removed from the case as it was known I was a Heart fan, same with the Rangers one....No Rangers fans were allowed to work on the case.

I hope a few Hobbits are reading this....I can confirm that the Planning and Building Standards dept doesn't have a lot of Jambos, most are not even football folk with the egg chasing being more common. Come to think about it, there are probably more Hobbits in the dept than Jambos....more fun for me come the Xmas Derby!

This whole "their friends at the Council" chat does my nut in, if this was the other way round it would pan out the very same way.....both clubs generate a shit load of income for the Council, yes both clubs Hobbits, both clubs treated the exact same. 

FTH?

23 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Hahaha the Hobbits on Needleshare.net creaming themselves over the lies that the cherry picker (crane if you're a douche) has been locked in the stadium in error!!! 

"Ah so it was planned that way. I bet you see plant and machinery having to be partly dismantled on every building site in every part of the UK on a fairly regular basis. Not!"

Listen ya prick, no other building site outside of a stadium needs height support from the centre of a locked out space, the picker will get out as PLANNED.

Please someone film it leaving the stadium and post it on skank.net

King Of The Cat Cafe

I am hearing that the cherry picker cannot go through the gap, even if partially dismantled.

Hearts approached a firm of crane operators to see if they had a mobile crane that could lift it over the new stand.

They were told no, so we are getting an RAF Chinook  helicopter instead.

(Well, if greenginger can make things up, so can I.) 

26 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise you're the one that gets to decide everything. 

Deary me, if you ever find yourself in a courtroom, don't represent yourself. 

Apology not accepted. Lower league status evident as always in your retorts, hang in there Wullie, keep honing.

Sexton Hardcastle

Seriously hope there’s some form of atmosphere on Sunday. People moving about to new seats might disrupt some

of the usual sections but in general the past 2-3 years have been honking for songs/noise.

booing aside.

Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Seriously hope there’s some form of atmosphere on Sunday. People moving about to new seats might disrupt some

of the usual sections but in general the past 2-3 years have been honking for songs/noise.

booing aside.

i wouldnt bank on it mate 

Sorry if its been covered elsewhere but does anyone know why that last piece of roof has been left so late? Could a rescue crane fit a cherry picker through it?

2 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

booing aside.

Me too, the atmosphere has been flat for ages but the players have to step up to the plate here too. We as fans are doing our bit.  They simply have to throw us a bone on Sunday.

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Sorry if its been covered elsewhere but does anyone know why that last piece of roof has been left so late? Could a rescue crane fit a cherry picker through it?

:rofl:

5 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

booing aside.

If the players show a bit of fight and get in about Partick early then they will get the fans supporting them. The atmosphere has been dire lately to match the football.

Give us something to shout and sing about please.

24 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Shame the council couldn't have sorted out the broken slabs on the pavement and the mess of the approach road. Mind you it could be all the heavy vehicles doing the work on our new stand that have  made the damage.

There's still going to be significant construction work in the area for quite some time to come. Can't blame them for not doing anything until it's all finished, unless there are any significant safety concerns. 

5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Originally the reason given was for access.

Someone mentioned it was required for ventilation, but I'm assuming that is no longer the case. 

Probably just a case of use of other more critical jobs being done first that the roofers would get in the way of. 

They will know it can be done in an hour or so. The bit that is annoying me is the very bottom bit at the front of the gable end which also isn't on.

When I was there 3-4 days ago they were doing brickwork in that area, which was what was stopping them.

27 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Cue the next protest on bitters.net...........

1 minute ago, BigC said:

Originally the reason given was for access.

Someone mentioned it was required for ventilation, but I'm assuming that is no longer the case. 

Probably just a case of use of other more critical jobs being done first that the roofers would get in the way of. 

They will know it can be done in an hour or so. The bit that is annoying me is the very bottom bit at the front of the gable end which also isn't on.

When I was there 3-4 days ago they were doing brickwork in that area, which was what was stopping them.

Access for cherrypickers has been the problem in a very congested area.

8 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Apology not accepted. Lower league status evident as always in your retorts, hang in there Wullie, keep honing.

I think you're struggling to think of a response, so respond in meaningless riddles in the hope that you won't be pulled up on it. 

Lower league status :laugh:

15 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I am hearing that the cherry picker cannot go through the gap, even if partially dismantled.

Hearts approached a firm of crane operators to see if they had a mobile crane that could lift it over the new stand.

Nonsense, we're just going to raise the centre seating section in the Gorgie and drive it out through the Gorgie Suite!

"THUR SELLIN TIKITS FUR SEATS THUT AR BLOKED OOT FAE A LOKED IN CHEEI PIKER"

"THE KOONSIL AR LETTIN THIM SEL THE SEETZ"

"THE CHIRRI PIKIR KOASTS A HUNNER MIL A DAY TAE HIRE AN THY KANNI GIT IT OOT"

"IF ITZ NO OOT BY 16;10 THEN YON YAMZ UR DUE ANUTHUR HUNNER MIL"

"A SPOKE TAE THE SEKURITY GAIRD AN HE SAID IT'LL NO BE FINISHED TILL TWINTY TWINTY"

18 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Fantastic pics Craigieboy, would you mind if I pinch the first one for my Facebook profile pic, etc?

Anyone who wants the photo, just save it. 

6 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

"A SPOKE TAE THE SEKURITY GAIRD AN HE SAID IT'LL NO BE FINISHED TILL TWINTY TWINTY"

:illogical:

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

The winner by a country mile, that had me laughing out loud, glorious.

August Landmesser
29 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I wonder is it to allow folk to reach through and trim off the side-cladding to follow the curve of the roof beams?

They can't do it from the outside because the only cherry picker in Scotland is now stuck inside the ground for all eternity with no hope of ever retrieving it.

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

I wonder is it to allow folk to reach through and trim off the side-cladding to follow the curve of the roof beams?

They can't do it from the outside because the only cherry picker in Scotland is now stuck inside the ground for all eternity with no hope of ever retrieving it.

I have no idea how we are going to play football around this cherry picker.  Will it be like golf where we have a local rule and we can use it in our defensive wall. and a goal can be scored if the ball bounces off it.  They are absolute frekin prunes on that IFYOUCANTHUMPYOURSISTERHUMPYOURMUM.NET

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Amazed. Nah. The milestone day of all of our toils since the turn of the century and maybe longer. And we need the team to produce something to make a noise????????

16 minutes ago, WJambo said:

Just catching up and there’s been a lot of posts, has the temp safety certificate been granted?

My guess would be that there are only 2-3 things needed for it to be granted and they have made enough progress today for it to be fairly certain that it will be granted tomorrow when the council chaps come back.

That's why we are getting lots of positive noises but no official confirmation. 

2 minutes ago, The People's Chimp said:

Can't wait till sunday to take my seat. 

This still made me laugh. 

PueMpvEl.jpg

That's genius!

52 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

What we gonna do when we fill in the corners.....

39 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Cue the next protest on bitters.net...........

Got to give them something to work on as they can't do it themselves. And of course the Council bend over backwards to help us out.:laugh:

I've heard we're keeping the picker inside the stadium so Queen Ann can mimic the Queen's entrance to the Olympic games prior to kick off on Sunday, budget version of course given the fact we're mega skint and not living within our means.. :jj:

Edited by Jambo92

Never mind the cherry picker what are they doing about replacing that tree that used to stick out over the top of the old stand and make every game like Christmas eh? What are they doin about that?

c64f898a8d06278f1439b36ee711c5be.jpg

The Future's Maroon
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What is the Cherry Picker Story? Who is this person?  Must have happened when i was doing bird.

Just had a thrash type post ?