New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

1 minute ago, Crete said:

A message to any hibs fans be man about it and admit you are envious of our new shiny stand.

To be honest I don't think they've got anything to be envious about when they're regularly beating us in derbies, off the park stuff means nothing unless you're dominating on it.

So pwoud. Vewy pwoud. Just a lick of paint (pink bits) and some new seats (old weathered ones) from an actual stadium of perfection.

I’d have preferred hearts to have gone with something more simply in design, like the picture attached. Obviously someone would have to drill out holes for us to get in and out, painted maroon of course. Hundreds of huge speedy hire spotlights in the plaza as well, obviously, cause it’s mega dark down there at night and don’t even get me started on the different sized curved steps. No border on the hearts monoblock as well would’ve been my preferred option and a massive Tynecastle Park sign on top of the concrete block visible from space, like the drawing that some random knocked up on photoshop, ken. We would also be saving 100k on window cleaning with my simple design. 

This thread after Sunday is going to be chronic with folk posting pics of all the things they don’t like about the stand. All the building experts critiquing the workman ship. Be even worse if we don’t win. 

46E879B3-D41A-4B62-95C9-1A03ED289207.jpeg

4 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

To be honest I don't think they've got anything to be envious about when they're regularly beating us in derbies, off the park stuff means nothing unless you're dominating on it.

They have beat us 3 times in 3 years regular you say.

With the new stand and once things get sorted a bit better on the pitch the hobo seethe will hit maximum. We are a club on the up new stand,FOH money coming through. Soon normal service will resume and it will be for the foreseeable future. 

12 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

This thread is about our new stand, please stay on topic.

4 minutes ago, Rents said:

They have beat us 3 times in 3 years regular you say.

With the new stand and once things get sorted a bit better on the pitch the hobo seethe will hit maximum. We are a club on the up new stand,FOH money coming through. Soon normal service will resume and it will be for the foreseeable future. 

⬆️

Like!

?

47 minutes ago, Coco said:

From the wrong angle the stand building has this look and I'd personally have liked to see a nod to the old stand with a brick facade to tie it into what was demolished.  But the photos show that we are going to have a great football arena.  Looking forward to seeing the first game from my new seat.

3076781_edinburghmainlibraryimagebymjric

It doesn't have that look from any angle.

maroonlegions
14 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Copout .

Of course they are envious . Look at their breeze block leggo stand.

I would be if the roles were reversed regardless of any on the park boasting.

We have much more than a stand. 

FTH.

24 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

If a tractor and/or and ambulance can get through that tunnel, how come the cherry picker cant?

Let its tyres doon if its just a shade too high.

Cherry picker is quite a bit longer. In theory, there could be a possibility that it wouldn't be able to get through the gap and make the turn to go out of the gap in the side wall. They've already taken one out through there though, so it's not going to be a problem!

Everybody Loves Baz!
25 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

What absolute pish.

35 minutes ago, Crete said:

A message to any hibs fans be man about it and admit you are envious of our new shiny stand.

I very much doubt they are tbh

1 hour ago, Coco said:

From the wrong angle the stand building has this look and I'd personally have liked to see a nod to the old stand with a brick facade to tie it into what was demolished.  But the photos show that we are going to have a great football arena.  Looking forward to seeing the first game from my new seat.

Edinburgh University Library, George Square.

And what it looked like before

0_engraving_-_one_2_341_george_square.jp 

14 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It doesn't have that look from any angle.

I guess I’m not the only person here who’s spent some time in that building (uni library). For anyone who does not know it I can tell you that it generates a great deal more noise than you often experience at Tynecastle.

And probably more reading gets done at Tynie........

1 hour ago, Coco said:

It's incredible that Edinburgh Uni were allowed to demolish a beautiful Georgian Square to put up that monstrosity of a building.

1 hour ago, Coco said:

That wee patch of grass in the background is where we played our first ever games!! A nice serendipity. 

1 minute ago, Hearts Daft said:

It's incredible that Edinburgh Uni were allowed to demolish a beautiful Georgian Square to put up that monstrosity of a building.

Like most things nowadays...brown envelopes usually smooth over any obstacles.

August Landmesser
46 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

You're right of course. I would rather play at Ainslie Park if it meant we could beat Hibs a couple of times a year.

:cornette:

Can someone put up a side by side photo of the old main stand against the new main stand from the Wheatfield?  Saw a photo yesterday and used to go along to Tynecastle thinking it was beautiful, now though... :wub:

Edited by Jambo92

15 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

6d0beb63387debcae0333208dcd67cc3.jpg

Figure-5-University-of-Edinburgh-main-li

EDI_UNI_EU_0901.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

30 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Copout .

Of course they are envious . Look at their breeze block leggo stand.

I would be if the roles were reversed regardless of any on the park boasting.

We have much more than a stand. 

FTH.

What are you on about? It's like role reversal from what it used to be, we'd hammer them senseless on the park meaning they had to claim small victories from off the park goings on just to cling on to something, now it's us that are doing that. New stand looks great obviously but for me if we're playing terribly and getting beat by Hibs then I refuse to let a stand blind my concern.

1 hour ago, Coco said:

14,500 posts and that’s the best you can come up with?

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

6d0beb63387debcae0333208dcd67cc3.jpg

Figure-5-University-of-Edinburgh-main-li

EDI_UNI_EU_0901.jpg

That's better. The first photo confused me a bit as taken from near enough where library now stands. Agree it is an eyesore though. 

1 hour ago, Coco said:

Random facts - that library is the largest in Europe by the number of books.  And, it is also the building with the highest floor loading capacity (can't remember the specific name) and could carry 10 x more books than it does).

A_A wehatethehibs
28 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

It’s the biggest and best academic library in the country though so, In this case the contents of the building far outweigh its appearance. Don’t judge a book by its cover, pardon the pun 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

letsalldothebeattie
11 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Who's going to be first to break the news from this morning's inspection?

Obua 5/4

Thomaso 7/4

Selkirk 5/2

Banderson 50/1

Greenginger 1/4

Charles Paterson from sky is on the case too 

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Random facts - that library is the largest in Europe by the number of books.  And, it is also the building with the highest floor loading capacity (can't remember the specific name) and could carry 10 x more books than it does).

Not according to this list it's not:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_libraries

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Instead of doing what I was meant to be doing, I used to read the old leather bound copies of the Scotsman in that library. Probably on microfiche or something now. 

The reports of the German invasion of the Low Countries in WW2 were mostly dismissive- too many casualties, they’ll overextend themes, etc. Think I read about a years worth in one sitting. 

7 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Edin uni library is a brutalist masterpiece, imho.

It has, however, next to nothing in common with our superb new stand.

The only link being that it overlooks the scene of our first game against Hibs. For anyone  interested, there’s a very informative commemorative board about this at the other end of Jawbone Walk

19 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

I edited it as I quoted wrong person.

I did wonder when I then saw your subsequent similar reply to someone else!

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Thid might be an interestung topic for the shed but it is cluttering up a far more important thread.

:lol: you should go back and count the number of times this 628 page thread has gone slightly off topic

I'm sure when the news hits it’ll be back to talking about slight design bugbears eg light grey panels rather than transparent, which has been 90% the content of this thread with the other 10% of posts containing the word “stunning”