New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Hi guys,

Jags fan here

Apologies but does anyone know if the game is definely on or when a final inspection will take place, not reading the media as they just keep changing their story, just so I can plan sunday - if getting the train through from Glasgow and as the gorund will be busy need to make sure early or alternatively if the games off all the fun of Christmas present shopping with the wife 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, luckydug said:

Anyone else not give a 4X about feckin libraries ?

Hibernian fans as 99% of them can’t read 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

:lol: you should go back and count the number of times this 628 page thread has gone slightly off topic

I'm sure when the news hits it’ll be back to talking about slight design bugbears eg light grey panels rather than transparent, which has been 90% the content of this thread with the other 10% of posts containing the word “stunning”

bit whit aboot ra cornurz ?

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Anyone else not give a 4X about feckin libraries ?

And its nothing like our new stand

Which is where this started 

edinburgh-university-library-opened-in-1

Edited by Mikey1874

Let's get the certificate today & really push the last remaining tickets. If anyone deserves this sell out it's Ann Budge for her unrelenting drive to get this done. Fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Hi guys,

Jags fan here

Apologies but does anyone know if the game is definely on or when a final inspection will take place, not reading the media as they just keep changing their story, just so I can plan sunday - if getting the train through from Glasgow and as the gorund will be busy need to make sure early or alternatively if the games off all the fun of Christmas present shopping with the wife 

You should car share with Jambo in Hamilton!  If the games off then you can all go shopping!  :)  You're only 20 minutes apart!

Edited by Armageddon

2 hours ago, Paolo said:

I am guessing there will be the odd player who can’t be bothered with it all sometime, but tough, it is part of the job, and as others say, via sponsorship and fund raising nights. It brings income to the club.  

As for the new stand (the actual topic, I have no idea of your source.  I won’t slag you off or say you are making it up.    I actually find it odd why people dismiss your source as fictitious and others posters’ sources as genuine, purely on the basis of what they believe.  

I do hope your source is wrong though.   I do however suspect we might not quite make it.   Based on my thoughts only and no source.   

I agree entirely with everything you said.  As I said, I also hope it goes ahead on Sunday as I have a ticket and it is my only day off but you get dismissed automatically as soon as you go against what people want to happen.

Regarding sponsorship, I agree, it brings in decent money to the club and the sponsors evening is a good night.  All I was trying to say was I just don’t get why any grown men would get excited over any of the players we have had over the two seasons.  (Maybe put across badly)

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

Hi guys,

Jags fan here

Think there is an inspection this morning. If you want to know first, this is the thread to watch.

12 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Courtesy Tom Lamb, FB.

01CE969C-735C-4ED1-8F0E-07BD1FA2564D.jpeg

Wonder who will hit the first 'shot' that ends up down that tunnel/vehicle exit. I'll go for Prince :lol:

3 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Hi guys,

Jags fan here

Inspection started at 9am mate. Not sure how long these things take but hopefully hear by lunchtime.

I believe if they still aren’t satisfied they can reassess later today/tomorrow morning depending on the work required. 

So basically no one is sure when, but few posters on here who supposedly are working on site are confident this mornings inspection will be passed

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

1 hour ago, Coco said:

From the wrong angle the stand building has this look and I'd personally have liked to see a nod to the old stand with a brick facade to tie it into what was demolished.  But the photos show that we are going to have a great football arena.  Looking forward to seeing the first game from my new seat.

3076781_edinburghmainlibraryimagebymjric

From the wrong angle I hear you have the look of Quasimodo Coco...........................:woot:

Hi guys,

Jags fan here

All travel plans from the west are being handled by our representative from Hamilton.

1 minute ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Wonder who will hit the first 'shot' that ends up down that tunnel/vehicle exit. I'll go for Prince :lol:

I'll go for Souttar and it'll be from him taking a corner on the other side.

1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Inspection started at 9am mate. Not sure how long these things take but hopefully hear by lunchtime.

I believe if they still aren’t satisfied they can reassess later today/tomorrow morning depending on the work required. 

The Tarmac lorry rolled onto site at 10am this morning.

Glad to hear in the inspectors are giving us every chance to rectify any outstanding issues. I remain confident ! 

But will keeping my fingers crossed 

Just now, Thomaso said:

Life's going to be so shite when this is all over...

:sob: 

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Sounds promising though ought I guess they have to do it soon

4 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

So basically no one is sure when, but few posters on here who supposedly are working on site are confident this mornings inspection will be passed

Sounds positive mate il keep my fingers crossed

I kind of fully expect my team to get thrashed but it should be a cracking atmosphere and at least you will have an away support from Glasgow that are going to enjopy the occasion rather than bring it down with any sectarian nonsense

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

That makes me think that they will need to come back closer to 5pm or in the morning, assuming that the bottom layer of tarmac is required for the certificate?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

True but for the vermin this has been their methadone what a come down when their supply runs out.( ie when we have our certificate).

It will keep on updating until at least next Summer when the stand is completely finished.

After that who knows? Maybe something will happen with buildings behind the Wheatfield or the old Tynecastle High School....

5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I'll go for Souttar and it'll be from him taking a corner on the other side.

Nah odds on Grzelak will... trying to control a pass from in front of the Gorgie stand.

scott herbertson

I kind of fully expect my team to get thrashed but it should be a cracking atmosphere and at least you will have an away support from Glasgow that are going to enjopy the occasion rather than bring it down with any sectarian nonsense

Indeed - got plenty of time for you guys given the support you gave us in our hour of need. Always a pleasant trip through to your patch too.

hope we stuff you of course!

10 hours ago, barcajambo said:

I have heard from a guy close to the building site, not willing to be more specific and also would be delighted if it goes ahead like everyone else but it has no chance.

Is the "guy close to the building site" the school janny from across the road????

A lot of us are quite pleased that it's Thistle to be honest.

They were one of the club's that helped out when we were in trouble and you also agreed to switch the fixtures.

As has been stated, keep your eye o this thread.

There are only a few things left that need to be ticked off and they are all relatively easy jobs, which the people working on the site are confident will be done in plenty of time.

The only question is, will it be signed off today or will they need to come back in the morning.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Is the "guy close to the building site" the school janny from across the road????

My money’s on the tea boy

Heartsmad1874

Latest scenes from Hamilton Bus station...

Related image

If the games off he can enjoy that new rollercoaster type thing on George Street now the Christmas markets are open :laugh:

Edited by Heartsmad1874

32 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Random facts - that library is the largest in Europe by the number of books.  And, it is also the building with the highest floor loading capacity (can't remember the specific name) and could carry 10 x more books than it does).

Surely the British library by Kings Cross is? It's the biggest library in the world isnt it? 

Anything to pass the time whilst waiting for these inspection results!

Just now, Thomaso said:

Funnily enough that joke has been cracked already.

Latest scenes from Hamilton Bus station...

Related image

Game on bus is the one at the front with game off bringing up the rear.

Looks like a nice day in Hamilton.

All roads lead to Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

I'll go for Berra with a hoof from outside our own box ^_^

6 minutes ago, third lanark said:

You are aware it's Hearts you'll be playing?

4 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

Funnily enough that joke has been cracked already.

I wasn't joking!

8 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Nah odds on Grzelak will... trying to control a pass from in front of the Gorgie stand.

I hope you are joking. This guy should be nowhere near the first team even if we still have injuries.

Francis Albert

Of course the University Library looks nothing like the new main stand. It isn't a 70's office building!

I agree that the University should not have been allowed to destroy half of George Square but the Library isn't in itself a bad building compared to much that was built in the 60's.

And our new stand's backside is an extremely smart looking 70's office style building.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I hope you are joking. This guy should be nowhere near the first team even if we still have injuries.

Correct, he will be a ball boy - Craig wants big strong laddies all around the pitch!

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Of course the University Library looks nothing like the new main stand. It isn't a 70's office building!

I agree that the University should not have been allowed to destroy half of George Square but the Library isn't in itself a bad building compared to much that was built in the 60's.

And our new stand's backside is an extremely smart looking 70's office style building.

Chique Retro baby!

scott herbertson

Spent a lot of my University life in that library 

mostly in the coffee bar in the basement, but sometimes I would venture to the first floor to chat up (unsuccessfully) a nice member of staff

dont remember any books except they had a ‘stack’ at the top

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Spent a lot of my University life in that library 

mostly in the coffee bar in the basement, but sometimes I would venture to the first floor to chat up (unsuccessfully) a nice member of staff

dont remember any books except they had a ‘stack’ at the top

Me too, but it was mainly in the theatre playing music.  Library wise George IV Bridge was closer to Chambers Street and it held all the old OS maps of Edinburgh.

23 minutes ago, BigC said:

A lot of us are quite pleased that it's Thistle to be honest.

They were one of the club's that helped out when we were in trouble and you also agreed to switch the fixtures.

As has been stated, keep your eye o this thread.

There are only a few things left that need to be ticked off and they are all relatively easy jobs, which the people working on the site are confident will be done in plenty of time.

The only question is, will it be signed off today or will they need to come back in the morning.

I know we agreed to swap fixtures- Were some of the other teams being quite awkward about agreeing to swap fixtures mate?  

If it was Celtic or Rangers then they have a cheek they are the 2 teams that are always changing and rearranging fixtures at the drop of a hat 

I know we agreed to swap fixtures- Were some of the other teams being quite awkward about agreeing to swap fixtures mate?  

If it was Celtic or Rangers then they have a cheek they are the 2 teams that are always changing and rearranging fixtures at the drop of a hat 

Tbh other clubs have been more than accommodating this season to date.

We need this sorted out today 

Allowayjambo1874

No, to be fair all the clubs have been as good as gold with us, probably because AB has been up front and kept them in the loop. Can’t even really complain about Rangers given that their fans paid for our rental of Murrayfield! 

11 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I think Aberdeen refused to swap, hence us playing them at MF, but that was entirely understandable as we play them up there on 30th Dec, and it would be a bit much to expect their fans to have to make the trip down to Edinburgh on that date instead of in September!

1 hour ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

No, to be fair all the clubs have been as good as gold with us, probably because AB has been up front and kept them in the loop. Can’t even really complain about Rangers given that their fans paid for our rental of Murrayfield! 

I don't feel AB or her project team have been up front with our support, two months, yes two months behind programmed construction schedule. I am begining to distrust the handling of my FOH contribution. It's already been shown some of the pathetic contracts given to aged players, play for their country, but not for their wage paying club