New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Mid Calder Jambo
22 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

273DB75D-D509-4858-A4A3-371786996E79.jpeg

Strange choice to put the Romanov statue on the roof.

Here's a rooftop pic.  Refers to Vlad.

image.jpeg.6c8e424c4f9e45b4bc9f89c181b31422.jpeg

Elias Henry Furst
10 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I am thinking though that we may choose to give notice to our own fans and that of Partick, and their team of course.  

My my personal opinion is that we are due them that courtesy.   They have been good to us after all. 

We will give it every chance and quite rightly so.

This is no different to a game being played on a weekend of severe weather.

Everyone knows the situation.

This bollocks of being due anyone the courtesy is just that - bollocks.

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Some spooky shit going on between these 2 photos :unsure:

what.JPG

That bottom one is obviously faked no danger would that guy be walking on the cantilever beam ha ha

Francis Albert
Just now, ray gets bus pass soon said:

That bottom one is obviously faked no danger would that guy be walking on the cantilever beam ha ha

Certainly not while an HSE inspector might be on site!

2 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

If it's meant to be Vlad he could walk on anything.  :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

We will give it every chance and quite rightly so.

This is no different to a game being played on a weekend of severe weather.

Everyone knows the situation.

This bollocks of being due anyone the courtesy is just that - bollocks.

I would disagree.   Particularly with  Partick, who gave us a cut of their takings when we were in admin, and agreed to switch fixtures round in the first place for the stand rebuild. 

Just my opinion of course.  

And for me the weather comparison is not correct.  We have no control over the weather.  We also have no control of the decision, as in such cases the officials make the decision.   

In our case, we will have a rough idea on if the game will go ahead.   

There is no perfect decision point. We will never please everyone.  Partick do deserve consideration though.  Again, only my opinion. 

Edited by Paolo

We dont know the ins and outs of the running of everything, perhaps , as a courtesy, PT have been told itll be too the wire, and are they happy with that.  

2 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

He is a PHM, no need for safety boots.

Technically though, you are correct.

:laugh:

Tarland Jambo
1 hour ago, alfredo said:

Taken this afternoon 

273DB75D-D509-4858-A4A3-371786996E79.jpeg

Somebody should start a conga line on Sunday, 'this is our new new Stand ah, feck the hibs an laugh now na na na na, na na na na' repeat??. Had a few beers. 

Coburg Hearts
57 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Good to see the big guy is still keeping an eye on proceedings, 3 windaes along and 3 up. 

It's Donald Trump.

19 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I would disagree.   Particularly with  Partick, who gave us a cut of their takings when we were in admin, and agreed to switch fixtures round in the first place for the stand rebuild. 

Just my opinion of course.  

And for me the weather comparison is not correct.  We have no control over the weather.  We also have no control of the decision, as in such cases the officials make the decision.   

In our case, we will have a rough idea on if the game will go ahead.   

There is no perfect decision point. We will never please everyone.  Partick do deserve consideration though.  Again, only my opinion. 

Yeah and for that reason I'm quite happy it's Partick that are opening our new stand and I wouldn't object to the club paying for their supporters buses anyway.

1 hour ago, obua said:

Inspection at 9 in the morning,everyone is confident .

Brilliant, what an effort to get to this stage - well done.

Edited by WJambo

Walter Bishop
1 hour ago, hammyhouse said:

80 men on night shift tonight

straight from the contractor 1 hour ago

There has been for past week or so. 

12 minutes ago, obua said:

Turnstiles always have numbers.

Never noticed them before at Tynecastle and don't recall ever being instructed to use s certain one, is this going to be changed ?

14 minutes ago, Tarland Jambo said:

Somebody should start a conga line on Sunday, 'this is our new new Stand ah, feck the hibs an laugh now na na na na, na na na na' repeat??. Had a few beers. 

Its like a Wheres Locky picture

2 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Never noticed them before at Tynecastle and don't recall ever being instructed to use s certain one, is this going to be changed ?

No, it's just to help folk work out where to go

Printed tickets always say which turnstiles to use, but with Tynecastle being connected by concourses, it doesn't matter which you use and any turnstile lets you in (apart from away end). Though I once went in the wrong turnstile in the old stand, and since it wasn't all connected on the inside I had a mission to get to my seat way at the other side of the stand and in the lower section, new stand will be luxury compared!

4 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Numbers start at wheatfield 1-10 then Gorgie,that’s why main is in 20s.you will be able to use any one but obviously easier north or south depending what block you are seated in.

1 minute ago, kila said:

No, it's just to help folk work out where to go

Printed tickets always say which turnstiles to use, but with Tynecastle being connected by concourses, it doesn't matter which you use and any turnstile lets you in (apart from away end). Though I once went in the wrong turnstile in the old stand, and since it wasn't all connected on the inside I had a mission to get to my seat way at the other side of the stand and in the lower section, new stand will be luxury compared!

Was hoping for a special Maroon carpeted entrance to the posh seats.

Suppose I'll have to slum it with everybody else then.

:wallbash:

4 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

When is this likely to be confirmed then? Or have I missed it? Been out all day and night.

Another inspection tomorrow at 9, but they could also come back on Saturday 

Went down today, really impressed by it:

Anyone that says it looks like an office block needs their head looked at!  It's stunning :)

20171116_152103.jpg

20171116_151751.jpg

20171116_151743.jpg

20171116_151842.jpg

20171116_151724.jpg

20171116_152024.jpg

20171116_152011.jpg

20171116_151753.jpg

20171116_152142.jpg

21 minutes ago, kila said:

Yeah and for that reason I'm quite happy it's Partick that are opening our new stand and I wouldn't object to the club paying for their supporters buses anyway.

A fair point.   Given the uncertainty, I would not object to this either. 

2 hours ago, obua said:

The window cleaners have started.173C8012-EA6C-4B3F-86B8-DAB9042B3C60.thumb.jpeg.b1704f337b6fa26ebf609940e559e6d1.jpegD62140B9-A3D5-4A83-A24B-53A2F9C481A3.thumb.jpeg.2df349ed6fa43460a57337d03e145ad2.jpeg

173C8012-EA6C-4B3F-86B8-DAB9042B3C60.thumb.jpeg.b1704f337b6fa26ebf609940e559e6d1.jpeg

The red really brings out the  maroon in this pic, looks great.

2 hours ago, obua said:

New signs.6E1E1A30-5E6B-49A9-8640-EF45350A40C1.thumb.jpeg.c56d4b5d631785553d98090f5d0e946c.jpeg

Love the plaques!

Deansy and Boston Hibby are beside themselves on the partyplanners megathread.

Maybe we should have been more considerate and just built a dirt cheap breeze block monstrosity like their stands including the brilliantly named Famous 5-1 stand.

It's like winning the lottery and buying an Aston Martin when your neighbour is just a jakey loser.

Rubbing it in.

3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

"THUR SELLIN TIKITS FUR SEATS THUT AR BLOKED OOT FAE A LOKED IN CHEEI PIKER"

"THE KOONSIL AR LETTIN THIM SEL THE SEETZ"

"THE CHIRRI PIKIR KOASTS A HUNNER MIL A DAY TAE HIRE AN THY KANNI GIT IT OOT"

"IF ITZ NO OOT BY 16;10 THEN YON YAMZ UR DUE ANUTHUR HUNNER MIL"

"A SPOKE TAE THE SEKURITY GAIRD AN HE SAID IT'LL NO BE FINISHED TILL TWINTY TWINTY"

This genuinely made me laugh out loud

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Deansy and Boston Hibby are beside themselves on the partyplanners megathread.

Maybe we should have been more considerate and just built a dirt cheap breeze block monstrosity like their stands including the brilliantly named Famous 5-1 stand.

It's like winning the lottery and buying an Aston Martin when your neighbour is just a jakey loser.

Rubbing it in.

You are obsessed.

Just went past Tynie as the cherry picker was leaving.  Another hurdle down - not sure if there was really any problem.  Guy directing vehicle onto McLeod St thinks the stand will be ready for Sunday and it will be down to the safety certificate.

15 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

haha,that aint the fakn players lounge back there surely t.f ??????

The whole room is the players lounge, that’s just the alcove for making tea and coffee.

Walter Bishop

On a post at the very top of their biggest fans forum, on a thread of 263 pages about our new stand, with over 800,000 views,  Post number 7860 comes out with this....... :facepalm:

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
So true. When they went ahead of us in the league for a few days it was the normal order resumed, then it was that they would beat rangers and Killie and now normal service will resume now, sometime, they will be at the pbs. If Potter doesn't win most of the home games then they will have to find another reason for failure then they will turn on budge and Potter. I really don't care what they do as long as we are top six and in and around third and forth. They just don't get most of us dont give a toss about them apart from the derbies. It's the glaring difference between the two supports.

The Future's Maroon
7 minutes ago, Chaps said:

4BFAF740-0EB8-4B2D-A5E8-7291D0E276C6.png

Noticed one of their vans outside this afternoon, company used to be based in Gorgie, bottom of Newton Street donkeys ago....good couple of guys that own it. ?

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Howdy Doody Jambo
6 minutes ago, happyjam said:

Just went past Tynie as the cherry picker was leaving.  Another hurdle down - not sure if there was really any problem.  Guy directing vehicle onto McLeod St thinks the stand will be ready for Sunday and it will be down to the safety certificate.

BEEP beep beep