New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

2 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

To be honest I don't think they've got anything to be envious about when they're regularly beating us in derbies, off the park stuff means nothing unless you're dominating on it.

You still here?

When are we getting the Hibby cull this year?

...a bit disco

A full skelp tugathon currently taking place over on page  265.

Not obsessed in the slightest though.

7 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

I don't feel AB or her project team have been up front with our support, two months, yes two months behind programmed construction schedule. I am begining to distrust the handling of my FOH contribution. It's already been shown some of the pathetic contracts given to aged players, play for their country, but not for their wage paying club

Cancel your direct debit then.

C'mon announcement! If it gets the green light today I reckon we still have enough time to sell out if the club really push it out today and tomorrow. If it gets the green light tomorrow we will still break 18,500 including PT fans.

So Make Some Noise..
8 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

I don't feel AB or her project team have been up front with our support, two months, yes two months behind programmed construction schedule. I am begining to distrust the handling of my FOH contribution. It's already been shown some of the pathetic contracts given to aged players, play for their country, but not for their wage paying club

LOL

:greatpost:

:facepalm:#roasteralert

alwaysthereinspirit
11 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

you should call the bank immediately.

12 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

Yeah not many building projects run behind schedule these days

12 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

Its 2 months behind...so what?

It'll soon be open. What you gonna moan about then?

& BTW, the FoH contribution are NOT for players salaries at present.

Just nipped up the stairs to the top floor of the office I'm working in just now, from where I can see the top of the new stand. I can confirm that the wee bit of cladding at the top of the rear wall at the Roseburn end has now been fitted!

17 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

Bye then

10 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

With the benefit of hindsight, would it have made more sense to have tried to negotiate a season-long deal with the SRU to play at Murrayfield, thereby allowing the main stand project to be fully completed in time for next season? It would have taken the heat off the club and avoided the need to keep delaying the opening. As things stand (excuse the pun), even if Sunday's game eventually gets the go-ahead the site will remain a work in progress for the rest of the season and I'm unclear how much income the club can actually generate when the corporate facilities are yet to open for business.

I'm guessing, though, that the cost of such a move would have been prohibitive, even if some cash might have been recouped at Murrayfield from bigger crowds at the derbies and the games v Celtic and Rangers?

17 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

See ya buddy 

3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Just nipped up the stairs to the top floor of the office I'm working in just now, from where I can see the top of the new stand. I can confirm that the wee bit of cladding at the top of the rear wall at the Roseburn end has now been fitted!

:yas:

Take that OCD.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

naw, cancel his season ticket, one less whinger in the crowd is mightily appreciated.

this thread should have been a celebratory one " where we were, to what we've achieved  in such a short time" , but instead has turned into a discusting thread about how our club is shite(according to whingers). even in the black days of the 70's our fans weren't as bad as the bunch of greetin faced bairns that infest our stands now. they take all the enjoyment out of the day out within minutes of entering the stadium.

I'd be quite happy to go back to the up to 10k loyal supporters of the club, than have the extra 10k whingers dragging the atmosphere down.

I wish they would all go back to shopping with their wives on a Saturday.

I am astounded by replies to my post, not one constructive reply, all piss off you, we don't want to hear criticism,la, la la. 

1 hour ago, graygo said:

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Yip, it is as simple as that.

Save us listening to bleating about FOH subs.

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

you should call the bank immediately.

1 hour ago, Oneneilberry said:

Yeah not many building projects run behind schedule these days

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its 2 months behind...so what?

It'll soon be open. What you gonna moan about then?

& BTW, the FoH contribution are NOT for players salaries at present.

2 minutes ago, Mellor said:

With the benefit of hindsight, would it have made more sense to have tried to negotiate a season-long deal with the SRU to play at Murrayfield, thereby allowing the main stand project to be fully completed in time for next season? It would have taken the heat off the club and avoided the need to keep delaying the opening. As things stand (excuse the pun), even if Sunday's game eventually gets the go-ahead the site will remain a work in progress for the rest of the season and I'm unclear how much income the club can actually generate when the corporate facilities are yet to open for business.

I'm guessing, though, that the cost of such a move would have been prohibitive, even if some cash might have been recouped at Murrayfield from bigger crowds at the derbies and the games v Celtic and Rangers?

You'd have liked that as a season of non-atmospheric games at Murrayfield would likely have resulted in relegation at the end of it. 

1 minute ago, reaths17 said:

naw, cancel his season ticket, one less whinger in the crowd is mightily appreciated.

this thread should have been a celebratory one " where we were, to what we've achieved  in such a short time" , but instead has turned into a discusting thread about how our club is shite(according to whingers). even in the black days of the 70's our fans weren't as bad as the bunch of greetin faced bairns that infest our stands now. they take all the enjoyment out of the day out within minutes of entering the stadium.

I'd be quite happy to go back to the up to 10k loyal supporters of the club, than have the extra 10k whingers dragging the atmosphere down.

I would wager a great many of the detractors on this thread don't visit Tynecastle on a regular basis.

That's not to say there aren't some torn faced individuals who do mind !

So Make Some Noise..
3 minutes ago, Mellor said:

Have you been to a hearts game at Murrayfield? I'm guessing not or suggesting a season long stay there would not even be a thought.

Surely we'd all take the (imo well handled) 2 month overrun and have over half the season back home with a feel good factor in the air.

So Make Some Noise..
2 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

I am astounded by replies to my post, not one constructive reply, all piss off you, we don't want to hear criticism,la, la la. 

A non constructive comment from someone who is clearly just a bit discontent with life, deserves such responses in my opinion.

Get a grip man.

Edited by So Make Some Noise..

1 minute ago, Jambothump said:

I would say cancelling your subs if pissed off is a constructive thing to do.

That's not what you were looking for though, was it ?

gorgie rd eh11
2 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

:teehee:

6 minutes ago, Mellor said:

:blahblah:

2 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

I dont think it is as black and white as being in one of two camps:

-   Every single thing about the club is perfect, we love it all and would never dream of complaining about anything. 

-   A boring whinger, who sees nothing positive and should just **** off and stop any financial support of the club.

It is possible to have concerns and complaints but still love, and support the club. I dont think any fan, especially a FOH contributor should be told to "**** off". 

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

Not one constructive reply?  I tried to help you save money. Some people, can never please them.

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

4 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

:orly?:

Some new pictures would be nice, no i can wait until Sunday when i take up my new seat in the main stand.

However still might drive pass today for a wee gander.

11 minutes ago, Mellor said:

Obvious hibbie troll is obvious. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Given that jambothump threatened to cancel his Hearts season ticket if Sevco BEAT the vermin in that final, I think he is best ignored.

There's numerous detailed, well constructed posts on this thread that answer yours and other posts of similar content.

No need for posters to regurgitate what's already been said in numerous posts in reply to your ill thought out rant.

10 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Have you been to a hearts game at Murrayfield? I'm guessing not or suggesting a season long stay there would not even be a thought.

Surely we'd all take the (imo well handled) 2 month overrun and have over half the season back home with a feel good factor in the air.

Of course he hasn't, he's a hibs fan!

Edited by FarmerTweedy

Everybody Loves Baz!
13 minutes ago, Mellor said:

You don't even try to hide it ya rocket??

8 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

Your post was hardly constructive, was it? I don't think the club have got everything right, but neither has it all been bad. Far more good than bad. On the park may be different...

Selkirkhmfc1874

One of the lads in site gave thumbs up or down 2 one if the inspectors and he put thumb up , smiled and winked at him so hopefully good sign

16 minutes ago, Mellor said:

Not for me. Getting back to Tynecastle asap was always the right plan imo. 

12 minutes ago, Boab said:

I would wager a great many of the detractors on this thread don't visit Tynecastle on a regular basis.

I'd wager even less of the happy clappers tbh. 

Tynie's full of detractors.

My next moan wil be about Queen Annes (sp) handling of the new manager situation " we then realised, we had the obvious candidate, sitting right there"  I personally feel we are being taken for fools, personal opinion only and not a reflection on the intellect of any other posters here 

1 hour ago, Boab said:

I would say cancelling your subs if pissed off is a constructive thing to do.

That's not what you were looking for though, was it ?

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Not one constructive reply?  I tried to help you save money. Some people, can never please them.

These replies to me are unreal and so much more negative than anything I have ever posted. Don't like it ! Piss off, we do, and don't want to hear from you.

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

One of the lads in site gave thumbs up or down 2 one if the inspectors and he put thumb up , smiled and winked at him so hopefully good sign

cheeky

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Spent a lot of my University life in that library 

mostly in the coffee bar in the basement, but sometimes I would venture to the first floor to chat up (unsuccessfully) a nice member of staff

dont remember any books except they had a ‘stack’ at the top

I remember a long 24 hours in the basement working on my dissertation last minute and trying to follow the football on the BBC website when Man City won the league last minute on the final day.

18 minutes ago, Boab said:

That's certainly true for me and I was very up front about that a few pages back.

I miss Edinburgh, Hearts and Tynecastle greatly. I think I've been critical as means to reducing this longing to be back to the time when I went every week and felt a huge connection to the club, the support and those I attended with.

I hope one day soon I'll be able to experience that again and I think my affection for the new stand will grow exponentially.

Edited by Taffin

My next moan wil be about Queen Annes (sp) handling of the new manager situation " we then realised, we had the obvious candidate, sitting right there"  I personally feel we are being taken for fools, personal opinion only and not a reflection on the intellect of any other posters here 

These replies to me are unreal and so much more negative than anything I have ever posted. Don't like it ! Piss off, we do, and don't want to hear from you.

You're now making shit up. Who told you to piss off ?

...a bit disco
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I remember a long 24 hours in the basement working on my dissertation last minute and trying to follow the football on the BBC website when Man City won the league

That's certainly true for me and I was very up front about that a few pages back.

I miss Edinburgh, Hearts and Tynecastle greatly. I think I've been critical as means to reducing this longing to be back to the time when I went every week and felt a huge connection to the club, the support and those I attended with.

I hope one day soon I'll be able to experience that again and I think my affection for the new stand will grow exponentially.

My post wasn't a jibe at people who don't, or can't go every week, by the way. Just an observation that the same moaners at the match are not neccessarily the same ones who moan on here.

Where's this sodding certificate....!

9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Sounds good mate.  No matter how we're playing just now, can't wait to get back to Tynie.