New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

Courtesy Tom Lamb, FB.

01CE969C-735C-4ED1-8F0E-07BD1FA2564D.jpeg

Wonderful photo. 

Is that more media desks at the top right of the section next to 'N'?

siegementality
2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Wonderful photo. 

I hope not, there’s enough already imo.

The night-time pics are incredible. And that's with an empty ground. A great venue now vastly improved. Up yours moaners.

Edited by socrates82

18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I appreciate that, but I'm a little surprised given that there are handrails in the other stands.

I sit in the main stand so I don't know but do the handrails in the other stands not impart the view for those sitting in aisle seats ?

1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

Courtesy Tom Lamb, FB.

01CE969C-735C-4ED1-8F0E-07BD1FA2564D.jpeg

Just WOW. What a beauty she is. To think how far we have come is just incredible. That is an incredible photo. Just perfect

1 minute ago, socrates82 said:

The night-time pics are incredible. And that's with an empty ground. A great venue now vastly improved. Up yours moaners.

There's literally no moaning going on, everyone's getting excited at the reality of Sunday. Let's not start that eh? :thumbsup:

38 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I thought I saw a pic from the Gorgie end that the barriers had perspex on them.

Glad it's not just me that thinks they've seen that!

29 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I appreciate that, but I'm a little surprised given that there are handrails in the other stands.

Cos its not as steep or is that not the point?

Edited by Mikey1874

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I sit in the main stand so I don't know but do the handrails in the other stands not impart the view for those sitting in aisle seats ?

No, there's one right in front of me and is not in the way, actually great height for leaning on.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Wonderful photo. 

Just some boxes I think. Don't think all the seats up the back had actually been fitted until today!

As regards the worry over the fairness to Thistle and their fans.

I would expect Hearts have been in keeping Partick in the loop about the likelihood of postponement or not.

If Partick had been insisting on knowing days in advance I expect Hearts would have cancelled early.

3 hours ago, Chaps said:

4BFAF740-0EB8-4B2D-A5E8-7291D0E276C6.png

33 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

See above. Handrails...

siegementality
On 07/11/2017 at 18:25, obua said:

All the door closers have the hearts badge engraved on them,anyone else impressed with the attention to detail.2702C7F4-E95B-495E-B42A-D819C81ED436.thumb.jpeg.303f9062a72184e96acafdefe6412511.jpeg

On my quest to find the barriers in the Gorgie end with Perspex I found this, door closers with the Hearts crest :-)

1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

The best thing about it is, we helped fund this. WE. US. 

I absolutely couldn't be bothered getting the calculator out and working out how much I've paid.  Mentally however I'm telling myself that I've paid for 5 seats.

I am immensely proud of that.

Immensely.

6 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

See above. Handrails...

Thats not what he is referring to there are handrails in the Wheatfield and other stands.

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

See above. Handrails...

I was thinking more like this

BeacPCb.jpg

Someone obviously thought that it was a good idea to install them elsewhere in the stadium. I certainly think it's a good idea having seen the difficulty that many people have climbing stairs. It's just an observation and a safety concern that I have.

Just now, Footballfirst said:

BeacPCb.jpg

Someone obviously thought that it was a good idea to install them elsewhere in the stadium. I certainly think it's a good idea having seen the difficulty that many people have climbing stairs. It's just an observation and a safety concern that I have.

Look closely through the glass you can see them.

1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Why do you think that?

I have heard from a guy close to the building site, not willing to be more specific and also would be delighted if it goes ahead like everyone else but it has no chance.

1 minute ago, barcajambo said:

I have heard from a guy close to the building site, not willing to be more specific and also would be delighted if it goes ahead like everyone else but it has no chance.

Greenginger, standing outside it?

42 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Looks like they read your comments.☺

If we can go by the twitter picture that is.

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, frodoker said:

Look closely through the glass you can see them.

Thank you.  I'm reassured by that pic. That was what I was looking for, although from other photos it doesn't appear as if the installation is complete as yet.

Edited by Footballfirst

the stone rose
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

BeacPCb.jpg

Probably to do with the gradient being not as steep.

1 minute ago, the stone rose said:

Probably to do with the gradient being not as steep.

Although at 32 degrees (main upper) as opposed to 34 degrees (wheatfield) the difference is very small. 

4 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

Why don’t you just leave now before you are punted.

7 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

Last time this one popped up was to call those attending a sponsors' night "saddos"

I'm calling it. 

11 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Thats not what he is referring to there are handrails in the Wheatfield and other stands.

They are definitely visible in the photo. 

Just now, Smithee said:

Last time this one popped up was to call those attending a sponsors' night "saddos"

I'm calling it. 

I stand by the comment, the grown men and woman who get excited meeting a footballer in Scotland are sad.   Sponsoring the club, great, excited over meeting a player=sad..  (The players agree)

I stand by the comment, the grown men and woman who get excited meeting a footballer in Scotland are sad.   Sponsoring the club, great, excited over meeting a player=sad..  (The players agree)

Coming on here making up stories=sad.

I went off looking for a suitable pic and the best I could find was the one I've attached.

It's not very easy to make them out, but there do appear to be handrails. I was sure I'd seen handrails in at least one pic a while ago.  They were clearer than in this pic, but they are there in this one.

I've now seen that someone's spotted that they can be seen in the Edinburgh Glazing pic through the clear panels above the stand entry/exit tunnels!

Railings.jpg

3 minutes ago, obua said:

Why don’t you just leave now before you are punted.

Why would I be punted?  I am not doubting the hard work the contractors are putting in, I am not slagging off Ann Budge or anyone at Hearts for the work.  I think the stand looks incredible.

I am only pointing out that it won’t be ready for the match on Sunday.

Football fans getting excited at meeting their favourite players? That's mental!!

Just now, Smithee said:

Football fans getting excited at meeting their favourite players? That's mental!!

Kids yes but grown adults creaming over Malaury Martin is sad.

Nothing is made up.  Speak to your boss.

Why would we still be paying enhanced rates of pay for overtime if game had no chance of going ahead.

Just now, barcajambo said:

Kids yes but grown adults creaming over Malaury Martin is sad.

No it isn't, there nothing sad about people being into stuff. What's sad is people who are too deep and edgy to care.

That's what you call customer service.

A supporter (FF) comments that there are no hand rails in the new stand and an hour later they appear.

What a club.?

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No it isn't, there nothing sad about people being into stuff. What's sad is people who are too deep and edgy to care.

I mean if you meet a old player or something fine but adults getting excited about taking a photo with a player half there age is very sad and most of the players feel the same.

Edited by barcajambo

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, obua said:

Why would we still be paying enhanced rates of pay for overtime if game had no chance of going ahead.

I can just imagine your conversation with your boss.

obua: “Gaffer, some boy called barcajambo on kickback says there’s no chance, so why are we still here knocking our pan in at 23:47 on a Thursday night?”

boss: “ehhh who?”

obua: “aye barcajambo said he spoke to a contractor or someone on site who said there was no chance”

boss: :rofl: “he’s yanking your chain pal, it will be close but I think we’ll ge the job done”

1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

obua: “Gaffer, some boy called barcajambo on kickback says there’s no chance, so why are we still here knocking our pan in at 23:47 on a Thursday night?”

obua: “aye barcajambo said he spoke to a contractor or someone on site who said there was no chance”

boss: :rofl: “he’s yanking your chain pal, it will be close but I think we’ll ge the job done”

The concern would obviously be if he says we won’t make it the builders lose momentum and urgency. 

1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

He said he spoke to someone close to site.tynecastle arms is close to site,Mabee spoke to someone in there.

I mean if you meet a old player or something fine but adults getting excited about taking a photo with a player half there age is very sad and most of the players feel the same.

How do you know how the players feel ?

The current squad of players should be delighted that any fans want to meet them.

Just now, obua said:

He said he spoke to someone close to site.tynecastle arms is close to site,Mabee spoke to someone in there.

Bit closer.

The concern would obviously be if he says we won’t make it the builders lose momentum and urgency. 

Why am even giving you my time ,go away.