New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

The Future's Maroon
6 minutes ago, Huguenot said:

DJv8vAeXcAAlBih.jpg

After looking at that stunning building, I want more grey panels in our stand!

4 minutes ago, Huguenot said:

DJv8vAeXcAAlBih.jpg

No way we are getting the crane out of there , absolute shambles and I bet the lift shafts are squint aswell . .......

But its still going to piss all over the Breeze Block Arena......,

J Cheever Loophole

Can we not fire a strip on the cherry picker and place it in the left back position , then humph it round at half time, making sure it’s been reminded we’re shooting the other way.

The Future's Maroon
3 minutes ago, alfredo said:

Taken this afternoon 

273DB75D-D509-4858-A4A3-371786996E79.jpeg

Cracking pic.

Is that Obua taking the pic of the new plaque?! ?

4 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Cracking pic.

Is that Obua taking the pic of the new plaque?! ?

Yep,I’m Olso walking on the roof.

Edited by obua

4 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

**** off back to the Hearts forum you aren’t banned from Winston. There’s a lad.

:lol:

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, obua said:

Yep

Thought it might have been.

looks like the remaining bit of panelling still to be put on sitting in the plaza ready to be chucked on....once the windae's have been cleaned.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Zooming in on alfredo's photo, that pillar at the far left is being removed is it not? Looks like a worker started painting that one maroon for a while before someone told them!

1525.png.2f643e43a43c441ca85bfdf38f530377.png

It's all very well for you all yo make fun of us having to bury a massive crane but what about the collapsing tenements?  No one is going to be laughing when they start crashing down with dozens of resulting deaths.

Say what you like about Greenginger but it's his vigilance which has alerted us to these calamities.

And we never got planning permission so the whole thing is going to have to come down anyway.

August Landmesser
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

It's all very well for you all yo make fun of us having to bury a massive crane but what about the collapsing tenements?  No one is going to be laughing when they start crashing down with dozens of resulting deaths.

Say what you like about Greenginger but it's his vigilance which has alerted us to these calamities.

And we never got planning permission so the whole thing is going to have to come down anyway.

I'm just worried about what the owner of the old offices will say when they see we've knocked them. 

Concourse with the false ceiling looking quite fancy, sets it well aside from our other stands and other grounds

Good photos obua

Edited by kila

Sexton Hardcastle
4 minutes ago, hammyhouse said:

80 men on night shift tonight

straight from the contractor 1 hour ago

No women? Ffs Levein!!11

1 hour ago, BigC said:

My guess would be that there are only 2-3 things needed for it to be granted and they have made enough progress today for it to be fairly certain that it will be granted tomorrow when the council chaps come back.

That's why we are getting lots of positive noises but no official confirmation. 

Thanks, superb news.

Just as a wee aside, could one of the many Hibs supporters on hear give us an update on the Proclaimers fundraising £100,000 target.

If you can't be precise, is it close to-

$51, $501 or $5,001.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Just as a wee aside, could one of the many Hibs supporters on hear give us an update on the Proclaimers fundraising £100,000 target.

$51, $501 or $5,001.

Closer to £15.

25 minutes ago, alfredo said:

Taken this afternoon 

I think the heart mosaic would look better without the border!

?

11 minutes ago, kila said:

Zooming in on alfredo's photo, that pillar at the far left is being removed is it not? Looks like a worker started painting that one maroon for a while before someone told them!

1525.png.2f643e43a43c441ca85bfdf38f530377.png

Good to see the big guy is still keeping an eye on proceedings, 3 windaes along and 3 up. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I have long suspected that greenginger is one of us and has been trolling .net spectacularly for ages.

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

$51, $501 or $5,001.

51 Euros more like.

Nothing that hasnt already been said before and all photo's posted here are great but nothing prepares you for the real thing as you approach from the Roseburn end. 

This stand is magnificent, we are magnificent.

1 minute ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I have long suspected that greenginger is one of us and has been trolling .net spectacularly for ages.

Him and Aldo are dyed in the wool Yams.

2 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

How are you getting all these photos if your in Oslo

Nor way is he in Oslo :lol:

The Future's Maroon
4 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

If only that were true, it would possibly be the best trolling.

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Nor way is he in Oslo :lol:

Hes clearly trolling us

close up of Obua on the roof

0E5D3322-1A62-481B-92D5-ECC5EB0059AB.jpeg

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Strange choice to put the Romanov statue on the roof.

Not really. His 2012 kilt pic is the inspiration!

Plenty overtime on offer, it seems, which is good form our point of view.  I just hope workers are not under too much pressure or rushing at the expense of quality.   I would personally rather wait a few days or a little longer to ease any pressure, as long as we give reasonable notice of a postponement (if required).  

On a completely different matter, a one of the , did I imagine it moments, was there talk of a viewing room for this who suffer from autism?

Maybe I imagined it.   Would be a wonderful addition, either way. 

1 minute ago, Paolo said:

If the case, I am assuming this make or break for Sunday.  

No they can come back on Saturday if there are any outstanding issues to be rectified.

3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

What’s that flappy raggy thing hanging from the top you can just see?

It’s the plastic protection still on the copes.

3 minutes ago, obua said:

No they can come back on Saturday if there are any outstanding issues to be rectified.

I am thinking though that we may choose to give notice to our own fans and that of Partick, and their team of course.  

My my personal opinion is that we are due them that courtesy.   They have been good to us after all. 

1 minute ago, Paolo said:

I am thinking though that we may choose to give notice to our own fans and that of Partick, and their team of course.  

My my personal opinion is that we are due them that courtesy.   They have been good to us after all. 

Don’t think so we are very close to getting it.

John mcCartney

stopped at mcleod street on the way home an hour ago,bloke i spoke to was gate man at the entrance on the left....saying the council were happy with it all during a visit yesterday and looking 100% for opening at the weekend

only prob with the plaza is that the lighting looks in no way sorted out....one of the old lamp posts in operation right in middle of of entrance ,(that wont be there
for much longer surely) and temporary site lighting doing it tonight