New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

What is? 

There has not been "delay after delay". The original plan was always to be "walking through a building site for the first game". Just like it was for games at the end of last season. 

The fact that we are struggling to make the revised date.  There has been a delay and there is likely to be a further one.  That may have been the original plan but I am saying it would be better if the fan areas not including hospitality were complete.

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Come on FF ,don't you think that CL would just have said that then ? 

Its not cloak and dagger stuff , we are trying to get the game on for the 5th but have a plan B , that's it . 

Craig probably just stated the facts

Maybe didn't realise might worry people 

However if it is delayed I really hope the Partick game isn’t the opening.....I can’t make it. Don’t be selfish Hearts. 5th November or 25th please ?

Just now, HMFC86 said:

However if it is delayed I really hope the Partick game isn’t the opening.....I can’t make it. Don’t be selfish Hearts. 5th November or 25th please ?

25th v Ross County is Saturday 3pm

(Unless its still to be moved for the rugby)

Allowayjambo1874

Every Hearts fan who monitors this site or social media will know that there is a possibility of a delay. Anyone who doesn’t and every fan of other clubs will be unaware of the potential move to Murrayfield on the 5th. I’m all for bashing the media, particularly when they cannot get the opposition correct ffs, but to be honest it’s a fair shout for the BBC to run this story. 

33 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

22549527_2126625747363521_4601749650428568758_n.jpg

Was the badge on the old stand a big sticker aswell? I always thought it was printed on to the metal or however signs work. I didn't think it was a big sheet attached to a metal base.

Do we have any more pics from inside the ground? Want to see how far on the lower sections are. 

When is the final bit of Section N with the cladding etc to be done?

4 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Was the badge on the old stand a big sticker aswell? I always thought it was printed on to the metal or however signs work. I didn't think it was a big sheet attached to a metal base.

Well this badge is back lit according to Thomaso so I would imagine this is perspex or toughened glass to allow for that.

8 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Every Hearts fan who monitors this site or social media will know that there is a possibility of a delay. Anyone who doesn’t and every fan of other clubs will be unaware of the potential move to Murrayfield on the 5th. I’m all for bashing the media, particularly when they cannot get the opposition correct ffs, but to be honest it’s a fair shout for the BBC to run this story. 

I agree - anyone who claims they "knew" it was going to be delayed is at it - yes we all THOUGHT it but at least this gives us a message there is indeed a bit uncertainty around it, officially.

27 minutes ago, Heidthebaw said:

So whit if it's delayed. Dinae see what the fuss is about. No like it's never going to get completed. Ann always said the time frame was aggressive so that if delays were to occur it wouldn't turn into a long drawn out saga. Old stand was demolished less than six months ago? Personally enjoy having Murrayfield as our other stadium. 

Queue the line of distraught people telling me ive missed the point, where ive gone wrong etc etc ??

with this one, i personally dont care if its actually delayed or not but i would question why AB (im certain) said in the prev delay statement with seats etc that ...everything else was still on track for 9th Sept it was only the seat order causing an issue.....so that would be bullsht perhaps which would be poor from her.

3 minutes ago, Tynie-Tempah said:

with this one, i personally dont care if its actually delayed or not but i would question why AB (im certain) said in the prev delay statement with seats etc that ...everything else was still on track for 9th Sept it was only the seat order causing an issue.....so that would be bullsht perhaps which would be poor from her.

The schedule was altered extensively due to the seat delay. 

Meaning other things were done instead of fitting rails and seats and finishing the cladding on the side of the stand. 

Edited by SUTOL

19 hours ago, May one-six said:

No problem at all. :smile:

By the way I agree with busby1985 that the stand is way better than what was there before and it beats the shit out of the monstrosity down at Fester Road.  

I’m sure we’re all agreed on that ?

Badge is looking great any chance some kind soul can get picture from further back so we can see it I’m all it’s glory ?

3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Meaning other things were done instead of fitting rails and seats and finishing the cladding on the side of the stand. 

That's patently untrue. The truth being that the schedule was far too ambitious for a project of that size. The stand would not have been completed  to that schedule if the seats had been delivered when they should have been. The project is and was simply too big for the time span they allowed.

2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Still doesn't make much sense to me.  We were 'on target' (i may be wrong but im certain this was said lol) for 9th outwith the seats and therefore have caused the next (potential) delay ourselves then?  Is that what you mean mate?  by rescheduling a lot of stuff that then perhaps has not gone to plan itself?

21 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

The BBC article is a farce. Levein basically said nothing. He hopes it’s ready, Budge is pulling out all the stops to get it ready, but they have a plan B if it’s required.

Far be it for me to favour the Evening News but:

Hearts have plan B if Tynecastle isn’t ready for Kilmarnock game

Sunday Post:

‘Everybody is working flat out to get the place ready’: Hearts boss Craig Levein hopes team will return to Tynecastle for November 5

Herald:

Craig Levein: Hearts have a Plan B if Tynecastle isn't ready for Kilmarnock clash

BBC:

Hearts' return to Tynecastle faces potential delay

Which is the most negative headline?

Par for the course with that lot.

Generic Username
12 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Well this badge is back lit according to Thomaso so I would imagine this is perspex or toughened glass to allow for that.

Whatever the badge is made of in the pictures shown has creases in it, so it's not perspex or toughened glass. Curious to know if that's the "finished" article or merely some protective covering put in place until something more "sturdy" arrives.

2 minutes ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

Whatever the badge is made of in the pictures shown has creases in it, so it's not perspex or toughened glass. Curious to know if that's the "finished" article or merely some protective covering put in place until something more "sturdy" arrives.

Looks like it just needs to be pulled taut at the bottom. 

3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

That's patently untrue. The truth being that the schedule was far too ambitious for a project of that size. The stand would not have been completed  to that schedule if the seats had been delivered when they should have been. The project is and was simply too big for the time span they allowed.

3 minutes ago, Tynie-Tempah said:

Still doesn't make much sense to me.  We were 'on target' (i may be wrong but im certain this was said lol) for 9th outwith the seats and therefore have caused the next (potential) delay ourselves then?  Is that what you mean mate?  by rescheduling a lot of stuff that then perhaps has not gone to plan itself?

The schedule(s) always were ambitious, as stated by the club and everyone involved. 

The original date was for safe access to the seats in the covered stand. 

The delay in the seats meant other things were done to a fuller or complete state, e.g. the plaza and other internal works. Toilets, food kiosks, lifts, escalators etc. 

The 5th Nov date is also ambitious, but there is no indication from anyone on site or from the club that we aren't going to make it. Biggest issue may end up being the appropriate safety certificates etc.

If we open on the 5th, great.

If we have to delay that opening by a week or two, then so what. We have contingency plans in place if that happens. 

Generic Username
1 minute ago, Rab87 said:

Looks like it just needs to be pulled taut at the bottom. 

It'll still be a plastic sheet, regardless of how tight it's been pulled. Is that going to be the finished article?

6 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I suspect you are probably right in that I seriously doubt there was ever any chance of us making the first date.

But, the fact is, we'll simply never know now. Due to the smokescreen of the 'aye but we've changed the plan' - we don't have a suitable way of comparing how things woulda progressed under the old plan compared to how they have panned out.

That said - after missing the first date, and lumping an extra 2 months on to the deadline, I'd have thought that the number one priority 'must have' requirement for the new plan would be to make sure we were ready to host the match on the 5th November.

If we do end up missing out on the new deadline, and indeed in delivering the bare minimum required to host a match after taking an extra 2 months - that wont reflect well on the project managers I wouldn't have thought.

1 minute ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

It'll still be a plastic sheet, regardless of how tight it's been pulled. Is that going to be the finished article?

They use a squeegee to smooth it all out and clear any air bubbles.

1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

The schedule(s) always were ambitious, as stated by the club and everyone involved. 

The delay in the seats meant other things were done to a fuller or complete state, e.g. the plaza and other internal works. Toilets, food kiosks, lifts, escalators etc. 

The 5th Nov date is also ambitious, but there is no indication from anyone on site or from the club that we aren't going to make it. Biggest issue may end up being the appropriate safety certificates etc.

If we have to delay that opening by a week or two, then so what. We have contingency plans in place if that happens. 

cheers for clearing up a bit mate.  Yeah im not debating the dates were always ambitious.

Again i also couldnt care if delayed.  Getting it signed off purely to host a supporters for a few hours for a game would be great, regardless of the condition of the remainder. 

4 minutes ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

I would assume so. I don't see the problem, as long as it looks tight. 

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I'd love it, Kevin Keegan style, if we fitted out the away dressing room in the style of a Sunday League football changing room.

Unfortunately this is not the case, Hearts have rolled out the welcome mat for the opposition and set out like for like dressing rooms.

For anyone who has been on the Stamford Bridge Stadium tour then they'll agree with what your point is all about with regards to accommodating the away team. 

The badge and lettering when you walk down Gorgie Road to the corner of McLeod Street will be something to behold. If anyone is around there and can get a picture, it would be magnificent. 

All we've seen recently is crap close-ups of the glass that might not look great but when you see the full panorama, it'll be a different story! Especially when it's all lit up.

58 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

They are allegedly quoting Levein on this as well and he is saying Thistle!! Doubt that very much I am sure he knows who we are playing and when.

They're definitely not quoting CL on the opposition being Partick!

Gimme an H...
9 minutes ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

Of course it's going to be the finished article, why would they bother putting it up unless that was the finish?

Are we ACTUALLY going to start complaining that we've used a bespoke material for the badge?

8 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Speaking of which, a fire officer friend of mine ( not a football fan) has seen pictures of the stand as taken from the pitch. He says that if the concrete stepping and support work is not fully completed and made safe (in the event of an evacuation need) over at the left side ( as you look at it) then we have no chance of getting a certificate. The seats don't need to be in but any chance of anyone falling over an edge or that part of the stand being less than 100% supported and safe means we wont pass the inspection.

57 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

If you read Levein's actual comments...

"Ann is determined to get the game on,"

"Everybody is working flat out to get the place ready."

"We don't need the place to be finished,"

"We just need it ready to put a game on. I'm hopeful.

"There is a plan B, but I have not been party to those discussions just yet.

"I believe Murrayfield is an option, but I'm sure there will be adequate plans in place should it not go ahead."

:lol:

Yep. There's absolutely nothing in that article that gives me any reason to believe that the stand won't be ready. 

It's just Levein saying there's a contingency plan in place in case it isn't, which is already public knowledge. 

9 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

While I see where you are coming from, I do think it was a bit unfair to say to the fans that it would have been ready for September, and then move it to November 5th, and now potentially moving it again.  As I think some fans might have thought twice about getting a season ticket this season.

I, along with some others I know, will be away for some of November and December so can't make a number of these games.

If I knew this, I would have maybe picked and chosen games to go to this season, rather than buying a season ticket.

This season so far seems so disjointed.  And feels strange only having one "home" game so far.

Just now, Gimme an H... said:

Of course it's going to be the finished article, why would they bother putting it up unless that was the finish?

Are we ACTUALLY going to start complaining that we've used a bespoke material for the badge?

Unbelievable isn't it. 

John Gentleman

Might sound like a daft question, but I'll ask it nonetheless.....

When we play at Murrayfield is a 'Tynecastle template' used for the playing area, or is it longer/wider?

15 minutes ago, Rab87 said:

I would assume so. I don't see the problem, as long as it looks tight. 

Unfortunately some on here go out of their way to find problems.

5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Speaking of which, a fire officer friend of mine ( not a football fan) has seen pictures of the stand as taken from the pitch. He says that if the concrete stepping and support work is not fully completed and made safe (in the event of an evacuation need) over at the left side ( as you look at it) then we have no chance of getting a certificate. The seats don't need to be in but any chance of anyone falling over an edge or that part of the stand being less than 100% supported and safe means we wont pass the inspection.

He would have had a heart attack if he had visited the Zagreb stadium back in 2008! The drop from where we were sat against Dinamo was horrific!

In other news the Hearts badge is top top drawer!!

letsalldothebeattie
29 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Far be it for me to favour the Evening News but:

Hearts have plan B if Tynecastle isn’t ready for Kilmarnock game

Sunday Post:

‘Everybody is working flat out to get the place ready’: Hearts boss Craig Levein hopes team will return to Tynecastle for November 5

Herald:

Craig Levein: Hearts have a Plan B if Tynecastle isn't ready for Kilmarnock clash

BBC:

Hearts' return to Tynecastle faces potential delay

Which is the most negative headline?

Par for the course with that lot.

Agree 100% its par for the course with the BBC if its to do with anyone out with the ugly sisters they want to tear it apart and look for the worst in situations.

10 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Which is stating the obvious.

4 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

When we play at Murrayfield is a 'Tynecastle template' used for the playing area, or is it longer/wider?

Levein said that we had the pitch dimensions made the same as Tynecastle for the Aberdeen game so would imagine the same for Saturday.

5 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Tynecastle template as far as i know.