New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Bungalow Bill
52 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Is it not the same width, but a bit longer?

(I'll wait....)

2 meters longer at each end due to the goal post holes already being in place.

Edited by Apache Mal

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

It will be all right on the night.  I am sure whoever manufactured the sign has still to be paid in full (warranty period).

12 minutes ago, jimthejambo said:

It is just a material that is stretched over the frame. When it’s finished and all the creases are out it will look great. 

Does appear to to be a nightmare to put up though. They get creases out of one part and they appear elsewhere

F8AB4677-59E3-4093-81E7-D64638620081.thumb.jpeg.85bd2b696f03fa4475d095cbd4ac578e.jpeg

they used the same material for the shop signs at Halbeath retail park refurbishment in dunfermline. Look mince going up but its fab when taught and illuminates really well. Another modern building technique/materials for our country bumpkin pals to the east of the city to get their knickers in a twist about.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

You’ll have a Dunfermline based Hibs’ fan, shooting that statement down.

Nah,they're all too busy waiting to drive over the Forth Road Bridge !

5 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

they used the same material for the shop signs at Halbeath retail park refurbishment in dunfermline. Look mince going up but its fab when taught and illuminates really well. Another modern building technique/materials for our country bumpkin pals to the east of the city to get their knickers in a twist about.

Curved-back-illuminated-flex-face-sign.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Looks to be a good size..........waits for the reply.

067195C9-E4F5-4761-AF1C-0BAD32EED7CA.jpeg

Looks great. Windows need a wash though.

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

It may be that there is no chance of the Kilmarnock game being played at Tynecastle and the it will be tight for the Partick game on 19th November.

Indeed and it may not a bit of a non story.

9 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

could we mock that up with the champions league signage etc on the grey panels. It might send the zoomers on hibsnet into meltdown, especially if we don't have planning consent!!

Edited by JamboAl1965

Hackney Hearts
29 minutes ago, Rents said:

Levein is just messing about the stand will be ready awbody calm down.

If he is, he's a very naughty boy (and not the Messiah obviously). People have long-distance travel arrangements to confirm.

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

More front section seats in, but where are the padded ones?  (@stevkydd)

image.thumb.png.1641256f826aea522e1f57703466d3ca.png

image.thumb.png.d689a05d16dd39f02b5fddc0f8634bf4.png

looking at these I think Craig's trolling the BBC

Won't be long before the simple minds on .net try to have a go at the unfinished badge as if it was the finished article.

8 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

If he is, he's a very naughty boy (and not the Messiah obviously). People have long-distance travel arrangements to confirm.

Flights already booked for me. Oh well - I guess i'm there to see the team ultimately. I can wait a few weeks to see a stand

28 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Would look better without the crease.

People flapping cause of a crease ,only a moron would think it's the finished product  , it will be put right . Obviously 

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It’s looking like it’s going ‘to the wire’ on readiness.

The reprioritised plan was either;

1. Correct plan but key dates have been missed or,

2. It was over ambitious with no contingency time for unforeseen activities built in.

Unfortunately it now all feels very tight. By now I’d have expected key equipment eg fire fighting equipment (extinguishers) etc and all signage eg exit signs to be in place. Equipment testing eg smoke detection, lighting etc in progress. Staff (stewards) training, facility familiarisation etc to be happening to ensure crowd safety . Police, ambulance & fire authorities public events plans etc development near completetion etc.

Regardless whenever it’s ready TYNECASTLE PARK will be fantastic!

Dont disagree with your list but I would expect some of that to be happpening already - eg the stewarding/ events planning will just be one plan with sections which will need sign off from the appropriate bodies. Where I worked in the past I led the emergency planning and leisure functions for a council. We hosted and chaired an events planning group which included the key local organisations - police, transport, fire, hospital, NHS , University etc. We coordinated safety and stewarding plans for Olympic events (with attendances of over 100k) from that group.   Edinburgh Council has a similar group - Event Planning and Operations Group (EPOG) . I would guess the new stand safety / stewarding plans would be seen by that Group or circulated to its members for sign off . However the plans can be circulated prior to completion. After practical completion or whatever stage is deemed appropriate, a few bodies will probably need to visit, but critical ones would be the Councils Building Control officers and the Fire Brigade. I’m guessing such visits are already scheduled in.

King Of The Cat Cafe
7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

People flapping cause of a crease ,only a moron would think it's the finished product  , it will be put right . Obviously 

Sort of reminds me of this....

df4011bc-1e65-412a-8716-187dde4c8b3d.jpg

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

24 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Glad to see those nets coming down too

King Of The Cat Cafe

From FF's photo, providing they are all here, it does not look as if fitting seats will be the main issue.

Just now, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

From FF's photo, providing they are all here, it does not look as if fitting seats will be the main issue.

All the seats are NOT here.

59 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Sounds like we will be playing in front of 3 stands on the 5th with the new stand not housing supporters, would be my guest. They say they are determined to get the game on but kinda didn’t mention having the stand ready which is what makes me think we’d be happy to play with the new stand closed for the 5th. That’s only my take on it all, maybe be total non sense and un do able but that’s my guess. 

I'd say that's probably the least likely outcome! 

I reckon the people moaning about the wrinkles on the unfinished sign must be the same randoms that 'hilariously' suggest that you have "missed a bit" when they walk past people washing cars or cleaning windows.

2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I reckon the people moaning about the wrinkles on the unfinished sign must be the same randoms that 'hilariously' suggest that you have "missed a bit" when they walk past people washing cars or cleaning windows.

:greatpost:

Could be that plan B is that they have agreed a midweek date with a Killie for late November, early December. They won't want the extra expense of another Murrayfield game if they can get a Tynie full house later in the month. 

1 hour ago, John Gentleman said:

Might sound like a daft question, but I'll ask it nonetheless.....

When we play at Murrayfield is a 'Tynecastle template' used for the playing area, or is it longer/wider?

It's the same width but longer, the goalpost mounts can't be moved apparently 

Phil D. Corners
38 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I was a bit nervous about the Roseburn end being finished, so I'm happy to see a big yellow crane hard at work.

alwaysthereinspirit
34 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Looks a bit wee, looks a bit big, looks a bit of center, looks a bit high, looks a bit low.

47 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Cheers for that , I might toddle down and have a wee look on Saturday before the game . Although I might be thirsty and have to go for beer ? instead ?

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

It's a vinyl print, back lit on clear shaped heart so the lighting can illuminate the badge - what's your isssue?  Do you know how these things are designed and used?  Any experience of graphics?  Of were you expecting it to be cast from the ore extracted from the Royal Mile - then back lit through the iron. 

The best for a quality seemless finish - is the one we've installed.

The best for illuminating from the rear - is the one we've installed.

The best for longevity - is the one we've installed.

The best for removing and replacing - is the one we've installed.

The one on the old stand was fitted in 2 sections and you could see the split down the middle, it was also fading.

You'll be moaning about there only being white sugar at the food kiosks next.

Excellent post and made me laugh......

4 minutes ago, ManMoth said:

It's the same width but longer, the goalpost mounts can't be moved apparently 

I've seen a couple of people saying about the goalpost mounts/holes and that we use them as well.

But the goals are different widths. Rugby are goals are narrower by 1.72M.

45 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

image.thumb.png.ac906900e8ad8dcd2667c273229e687b.png

image.thumb.png.7b206fc8af5263f5a9bcc239c46f8a45.png

My seats now in ?

2 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

That's patently untrue. The truth being that the schedule was far too ambitious for a project of that size. The stand would not have been completed  to that schedule if the seats had been delivered when they should have been. The project is and was simply too big for the time span they allowed.

So what ?

Lots of building projects miss their intended completion date.

We are getting a brand spanking new main stand and it's no great sacrifice to have wait a couple of months longer.

It's only FIVE MONTHS since we were sitting in the old stand. I agree September was always ambitious but it's no big deal.

Why are people always looking for something to bump their gums about  ?

5 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I've seen a couple of people saying about the goalpost mounts/holes and that we use them as well.

The plot thickens...

Was in the ticket office earlier and took this picture from the memorial garden for a slightly different view of it. Even standing there, you really get a sense of how tight and intimidating it's going to be. 

DSC_0066.JPG

56 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

44 minutes ago, Australis...... said:

Love it.

Notice the Crane boom is still operating the gable end.

59 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

image.thumb.png.ac906900e8ad8dcd2667c273229e687b.png

image.thumb.png.7b206fc8af5263f5a9bcc239c46f8a45.png

That is going to look the Bees Bollocks once it's completed.

10 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

It has mounts for both rugby and football goal posts. And yes, they are in different places on the pitch, partly for reasons noted. Those for football mean the pitch has to be a few metres longer than at tynie. Width kept the same as tynie.