New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

6 minutes ago, scabber said:

You are taking the p***. the front of Ibrox looks like a derelict bonded warehouse.

Phew, thanks for telling me what my opinion was m8. :lol:

I like their frontage. Opinions, eh? You’ll be hard pushed to find me compliment them on anything.

4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Phew, thanks for telling me what my opinion was m8. :lol:

I like their frontage. Opinions, eh? You’ll be hard pushed to find me compliment them on anything.

Sorry mate I didn't realise you were being serious like you say all about options

Bazzas right boot

Can any IT whizz import the graphics across the  glass now?

Folk moaning about it- have you seen most Football stands....

2 minutes ago, scabber said:

Sorry mate I didn't realise you were being serious like you say all about options

Didnt mean to sound snippy. :thumbsup:

to be fair to you though... it does have a bit of ‘The Maltings’ about it. :rofl:

6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

P1250246.thumb.JPG.4ecf43408ecf11c1284148a88740526b.JPG

Exactly. I have to drive past this most days..

6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Didnt mean to sound snippy. :thumbsup:

to be fair to you though... it does have a bit of ‘The Maltings’ about it. :rofl:

The Maltings. 

ibrox2.jpg

Ibrox. 

97394075.jpg

;)

19 minutes ago, King prawn said:

P1250246.thumb.JPG.4ecf43408ecf11c1284148a88740526b.JPG

Exactly. I have to drive past this most days..

If you do an image search with that picture on Google, it comes up with "Best guess for this image: Filling station"

King Of The Cat Cafe

When I see brick-built stands I think of this:

(Should make our most famous antipodean poster feel homesick).

(I worked in there now and again over the years.)images.jpg.c94cb1c73eea98388d9cff047ae0aa28.jpg

26 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

The Maltings. 

ibrox2.jpg

Ibrox. 

97394075.jpg

;)

Closer than I even pictured in my mind! :rofl:

The Future's Maroon
53 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

The Maltings. 

ibrox2.jpg

Ibrox. 

97394075.jpg

;)

I can see my hoose!

Whats funny, and someone has said, it's a lot more similar than I imagined and I see this a good few times a day, doh!

39 minutes ago, WFB said:

If you do an image search with that picture on Google, it comes up with "Best guess for this image: Filling station"

Ours says Commercial Building

Ultimately I find the "It's an office block etc" jibes tiresome because it was always going to resemble a building of some sort. I quite like that it is unique, will reserve a final appraisal of the exterior till it's complete with all the ancillary works done. The inside of the stadium is going to be fantastic, that isn't even in question. That cohesive, tightly-packed ampitheatre atmosphere is going to increase by a significant factor.

For those thinking our Tynecastle Park signage isn’t impressive, check out this Goodison one, horrific, looks like it’s from a cheap fairground ghost train!

FD6332B2-FD0E-4765-9051-AA107A52D0DC.png

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Seats are in the country and pace of works and more man power is increasing 

Must be good for the workmen too to see it all come together

Thanks for the updates 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Keep up the good work Selkirkhmfc, not forgetting obua & the many other dozens of workmen giving their all........

and THANKS for ALL your POSITIVE posts.

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That’s good to know, would it be possible for some people who are willing to help out to make sure the stands ready on time for the 5th to offer to do so free of charge? Bound to be people who could do some of the seats for example as long as they have the correct certs and cscs cards etc, not me I’m hopeless at everything but I’m sure it would be a pleasure to some people if they had the chance to help complete our new stand. Probs a rubbish idea. 

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Thanks ...... that's reassuring.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Keep up the good work Selkirkhmfc, not forgetting obua & the many other dozens of workmen giving their all........

and THANKS for ALL your POSITIVE posts.

Good for the many jambos on site for sure 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

That’s good to know, would it be possible for some people who are willing to help out to make sure the stands ready on time for the 5th to offer to do so free of charge? Bound to be people who could do some of the seats for example as long as they have the correct certs and cscs cards etc, not me I’m hopeless at everything but I’m sure it would be a pleasure to some people if they had the chance to help complete our new stand. Probs a rubbish idea. 

Plenty man power on site to get job done enuf to host game against kilmarnock , now more seats have arrived you'll see big progress coming days 

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Plenty man power on site to get job done enuf to host game against kilmarnock , now more seats have arrived you'll see big progress coming days 

No probs buddy, keep up the good work ??

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's a top photo

One of the best!

Got wrapped up in all the negativity online, went down to see for myself as hadn’t done so in a few weeks and even though everyone keeps on saying it photos really don’t do it justice. It’s going to be very impressive when finished.

Those saying otherwise are either trolling or Hibs. 

It’d be easy for anyone to search back and see how disappointed I was with the reality compared with the artist’s impressions. If anyone cares.

The more I see of it now though? I am really starting to love it. :wub:

8 minutes ago, Ryder said:

It’d be easy for anyone to search back and see how disappointed I was with the reality compared with the artist’s impressions. If anyone cares.

Nobody cares.

8 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Me too. I've had more than my fair share of gripes about the project but there's no denying it's a monumental step forward for our club. 

I just can't wait to experience the place now - as others have said - a packed out derby or European night (fingers crossed) will be one hell of an atmosphere. 

1 minute ago, Marcus Cicero said:

I do think the ' Tynecastle Park' looks too small. This mock up looks a lot better - would be easy to change 

IMG_2636.JPG

Those letters in that completely random artists impression would take up the entire view out of the Sky Lounge out towards the view of the High School.

8 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Me too. I've had more than my fair share of gripes about the project but there's no denying it's a monumental step forward for our club. 

I just can't wait to experience the place now - as others have said - a packed out derby or European night (fingers crossed) will be one hell of an atmosphere. 

Amen brother Toggie. :D

Edited by Ryder

2 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

this do you? seen as it's his birthday today. Credit JABLO for the main stand pic, hope you don t mind

PH.jpg

Edited by JamboAl1965

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

this do you? think it is his birthday today. Credit JABLO for the main stand pic, hope you don t mind

PH.jpg

Cheers for the image .

The captains with the cup one is great as well

This has to be done, Cleary not a priority, but I  think it's great.

I've always liked  the Arsenal thing with the players on their front as well

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

1 minute ago, JamboAl1965 said:

this do you? think it is his birthday today. Credit JABLO for the main stand pic, hope you don t mind

PH.jpg

Something like this HAS to happen, wont be that expensive either and would enhance the facade hugely.

Just now, Tiger said:

Something like this HAS to happen, wont be that expensive either and would enhance the facade hugely.

might end the office block nonsense

5 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

That is going to look the Bees Bollocks once it's completed.

6 hours ago, gerryjambo41 said:

My seats now in ?

Given the comments that everyone is working flat out to get the stand open on time--------------------------------------------- where is everyone????? The photos have a couple of workies on the seats, given the size of the stand they could easily have 20-30 guys installing seats surely

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

1 minute ago, JamboAl1965 said:

might end the office block nonsense

Agreed!

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Marcus Cicero said:

I do think the ' Tynecastle Park' looks too small. This mock up looks a lot better - would be easy to change 

IMG_2636.JPG

That's not a mockup

It's the front of a xmas  card.

The writing has to be big so you can clearly see it on the card.

those big letters would look silly at ground level, just be a collection of a few letters that you could see as unless you were a mile away you couldn't read the whole thing.

it also blocks the windows.

Think Tesco or M&S v Waitrose or Sainsburys. Tesco and M7S  is generally much bigger lettering as it has  few letters, imagine Sainsbury done that on their entrance.

I'm talking about the entrance lettering, not the building lettering as that is designed to be seen from the road and across the massive car parks.

The lettering needs to be practical- read from ground level and not blocking views or it just looks stupid. As for this image, it's the front of a greetings card, small writing would be pointless, you wouldn't see it.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Barack said:

You’d need i8’s £100k contract to clean the windows, if something like that was super imposed onto the glass. :lol:

Imagine the mess...

With catering go internal, I wouldn't be surprised if facilities/ caretaking and maintenance went the same way.

2 hours ago, obua said:

Correct sir,I will try and get some interior pics if I get a chance.A truck load of seats arrived this afternoon but I don’t know yet if they are padded seats.

Thanks for the update mate.

Confident it will be accessible to fans for killie game?

1 minute ago, MacPhee said:

Thanks for the update mate.

Confident it will be accessible to fans for killie game?

No one on site can be 100% at this time,still a lot of work to do but it’s gathering pace.