New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

24 minutes ago, luckydug said:

So what ?

Lots of building projects miss their intended completion date.

We are getting a brand spanking new main stand and it's no great sacrifice to have wait a couple of months longer.

It's only FIVE MONTHS since we were sitting in the old stand. I agree September was always ambitious but it's no big deal.

Why are people always looking for something to bump their gums about  ?

Precisely! What difference should it make to Hearts fans whether it's ready in September or November!? No fan I know to speak to is bothered in the slightest about the delay – we only care that the job is done safely and correctly!

It's only internet Hearts fans that moan about the delay. Anyone caught spouting that gash in the real world would get shot down gloriously for getting their knickers in a twist!

2 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Precisely! What difference should it make to Hearts fans whether it's ready in September or November!? No fan I know to speak to is bothered in the slightest about the delay – we only care that the job is done safely and correctly!

It's only internet Hearts fans that moan about the delay. Anyone caught spouting that gash in the real world would get shot down gloriously for getting their knickers in a twist!

Tbf I'm a little bit annoyed as I've booked flights up for a game i might not have otherwise attended as living in London i don't come up every week. However as a season ticket holder i'm still up for most games so can wait a few weeks to see a stand. I am also there to support the team not a stand, so anytime I get to see HMFC is a good day out. 

But I completely agree. It's better it's done right and safely than rushed. I'm not going to moan, and i accept my situation is a minority one. 

17 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

It has mounts for both rugby and football goal posts. And yes, they are in different places on the pitch, partly for reasons noted. Those for football mean the pitch has to be a few metres longer than at tynie. Width kept the same as tynie. 

So there are 4 'holes' in the football pitch bit? 

As Tynie and Murrayfield are both 100M long I'd have thought the rugby holes could be inside the football holes on the same line. 

Gimme an H...
3 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

My favourite is always 'this isn't what we were promised' as if an artists impression/architects visual is to be taken as a gospel garauntee to them personally that that's what the finished article will look like. Then act like spoiled bairns when it doesn't look the way it looks in their minds eye.

The amount of pissing and moaning on this thread, which you would think would be the one place on KB you could count on for positivity, is completely embarassing.

12 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

This

1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

Looks to be a good size..........waits for the reply.

067195C9-E4F5-4761-AF1C-0BAD32EED7CA.jpeg

Good pic but I'd really like someone to manage to get a photo that includes the side panels of the stand. At the moment it looks very grey (badge aside) and don't think it reflects the full view that people will actually see in person.

3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

As Tynie and Murrayfield are both 100M long I'd have thought the rugby holes could be inside the football holes on the same line. 

Yes. 

The football ones aren't new and aren't intended to replicate Tynecastle. They *may* have been put in new when we took our champs league qualy games to MF in 2006. Given that was partly as our pitch was too small, the reason for a different length probably becomes apparent. 

6 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

A hole's a hole at the end of the day:oohmatron:

2 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

If it's not ready on the 5th Nov, it's not the end of the world, but it is a bit disappointing considering they should have been ready to take the support two months before, we have years and years to live with the new stand but someone should get their arse kicked if there is another delay because after the first missed date they should have been careful in their forecasting.

This

alwaysthereinspirit
42 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Again I popped down and the text and badge look bigger in real life 

Heres my photo

2BD6BD09-1EFA-4B2E-8501-7A15CAD8EC78.jpeg

That's what I'm talking about..............

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

More front section seats in, but where are the padded ones?  (@stevkydd)

image.thumb.png.1641256f826aea522e1f57703466d3ca.png

Is all of the concrete staging now in? Not sure if it's just the angle, but it looks like it's going all the way to the Roseburn end now.

Think it will look fantastic once it has its power supply connected . ive worked on lots of new buildings and they look completely different once they have all there permanent lighting switched on. hopefully that will happen in the next few days.

56 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I was a bit nervous about the Roseburn end being finished, so I'm happy to see a big yellow crane hard at work.

I reckon the game could go ahead even if the Crossburn end isn't finnished. They could just close off two sections at that end and tape it off with some additional stewards.

4 minutes ago, jambo1980 said:

Is all of the concrete staging now in? Not sure if it's just the angle, but it looks like it's going all the way to the Roseburn end now.

Good spot, it does look as if that yellow crane has lifted the last of the staging into place.

Edited by Cade

luckyBatistuta
59 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Looks a bit wee, looks a bit big, looks a bit of center, looks a bit high, looks a bit low.

looks a bit TREMENDOUS!!!

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

My favourite is always 'this isn't what we were promised' as if an artists impression/architects visual is to be taken as a gospel garauntee to them personally that that's what the finished article will look like. Then act like spoiled bairns when it doesn't look the way it looks in their minds eye.

The amount of pissing and moaning on this thread, which you would think would be the one place on KB you could count on for positivity, is completely embarassing.

At a rough estimate I'd guess there have been at least 10 times as many posts moaning about people moaning than there have been moans.

I really can't understand why people get so upset (or even embarrassed FFS!) because others have different opinions from them on some of the details of the new stand, when 99.9% are on the whole delighted with what's been done.

Edited by Francis Albert

13 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

Yes. 

The football ones aren't new and aren't intended to replicate Tynecastle. They *may* have been put in new when we took our champs league qualy games to MF in 2006. Given that was partly as our pitch was too small, the reason for a different length probably becomes apparent. 

Thanks for the info. 

12 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

Good pic but I'd really like someone to manage to get a photo that includes the side panels of the stand. At the moment it looks very grey (badge aside) and don't think it reflects the full view that people will actually see in person.

Hopefully someone can get another shot from high up in the school as that is a great vantage point to capture the facade. 

I'm waiting till the ground work is completed to get a finished shot on a good day,  and also a good shot at night when I think it's going to look quite something (assuming they do a good job of lighting the frontage and plaza). 

luckyBatistuta

I would have liked the lettering to have been way longer than it is, but at the end of the day, that's just my opinion and it still looks absolutely fantastic as it is. 

11 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

That's what I'm talking about..............

That looks terrible,the one we have is bang on.

Apologies as I know it's off topic but re the length of Murrayfield v Tynecastle it was covered when we said we are going to match the width of Tynecastle but that it would be longer  - not sure if people were at the wind up saying same length or not...

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-make-bt-murrayfield-pitch-same-width-as-tynecastle-1-4553961

Edited by RS86

Hackney Hearts
57 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Again I popped down and the text and badge look bigger in real life 

Heres my photo

2BD6BD09-1EFA-4B2E-8501-7A15CAD8EC78.jpeg

Wow!!    I've not been on this thread for a week or two, so this may have been discussed (can't be bothered wading through 20 odd pages) - but have they not made the lettering a bit too big?

Also, it might just be my eyes, but have they gone for a sort of fuzzy pixellated effect?

Seeing pics on FB of seats going in it looks like they are getting them in quickly now all the rails are in. I reckon by midweek next week they will be done, touch wood

30 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Tbf I'm a little bit annoyed as I've booked flights up for a game i might not have otherwise attended as living in London i don't come up every week. However as a season ticket holder i'm still up for most games so can wait a few weeks to see a stand. I am also there to support the team not a stand, so anytime I get to see HMFC is a good day out. 

But I completely agree. It's better it's done right and safely than rushed. I'm not going to moan, and i accept my situation is a minority one. 

I must confess ..... despite your judgement / confidence approx x2 weeks ago, I never booked my flights!!

I have however been tracking flight prices (they gone up by £40) vs pictures on progress / commments regarding confidence in completion! I nearly booked flights last weekend but will now hold off booking until this weekend by which time I assume a, GO / NO GO decision will be confirmed! Let’s all hope it’s go! 

Monsieur Maroon
2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

It's a vinyl print, back lit on clear shaped heart so the lighting can illuminate the badge - what's your isssue?  Do you know how these things are designed and used?  Any experience of graphics?  Of were you expecting it to be cast from the ore extracted from the Royal Mile - then back lit through the iron. 

The best for a quality seemless finish - is the one we've installed.

The best for illuminating from the rear - is the one we've installed.

The best for longevity - is the one we've installed.

The best for removing and replacing - is the one we've installed.

The one on the old stand was fitted in 2 sections and you could see the split down the middle, it was also fading.

You'll be moaning about there only being white sugar at the food kiosks next.

That last sentence is genuinely is a real bug bear of mine!  Not so much at football but in hotels and cafes.  

Badge is looking fab as does the lettering.:omg!:

scott herbertson
Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

I must confess ..... despite your judgement / confidence approx x2 weeks ago, I never booked my flights!!

I have however been tracking flight prices (they gone up by £40) vs pictures on progress / commments regarding confidence in completion! I nearly booked flights last weekend but will now hold off booking until this weekend by which time I assume a, GO / NO GO decision will be confirmed! Let’s all hope it’s go! 

I’m kind of reverse - have tickets to be up but now have hospital appt down south on 3rd nov. Should I book to come back th3 following day - arghh

29 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

It does look all grey from that angle,needs more maroon on that area!

alwaysthereinspirit
27 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

looks a bit TREMENDOUS!!!

Not even close to being A BIT tremendous. Absolutely stupendous. Loving it 100%. No time for the meh on here lately.

Come on Hearts.

36 minutes ago, jambo1980 said:

It's just the angle bud, you can still see exposed steel at the Roseburn end but it's definitely getting there.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

The first derby atmosphere is going to be special!

:jiggy:Can't come soon enough. 

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

The first derby atmosphere is going to be special!

This, can't wait for the Home Derby,. might even go to the ground early and just savour the slow build up to the crescendo when the teams come out onto the pitch.:o

6 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

It's just the angle bud, you can still see exposed steel at the Roseburn end but it's definitely getting there.

To be fair, seems all the concrete IS in, leaving the gap for pitch access.  It's the upper steel that can be seen so just some of the upper 'composite staging' still to go. 

23 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I think my point at the time was the same as it is now. Yes it's a bonus if i see a new stand, but I'm going to see HMFC. I'm fortunate enough that I make it up at least once a month so it won't be too much of a hassle for me, but i get your position.

For example I will be at heathrow bright and early the week before for the rangers game too. I hope you get the outcome you are looking for. 

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

More front section seats in, but where are the padded ones?  (@stevkydd)

image.thumb.png.1641256f826aea522e1f57703466d3ca.png

image.thumb.png.d689a05d16dd39f02b5fddc0f8634bf4.png

image.thumb.png.ac906900e8ad8dcd2667c273229e687b.png

image.thumb.png.7b206fc8af5263f5a9bcc239c46f8a45.png

Yaas. Ma £20 is looking good!!!

15 minutes ago, kila said:

From BSB's Facebook

22489858_515921525425089_1784965720079166149_n.jpg.3b8fbb7cdbc6044192674d662d167baf.jpg22688042_515921532091755_5311249722570391344_n.jpg.f92476f1e34940ce252e98982602058f.jpg

22492027_515921555425086_9010008804347583130_n.jpg.019510e95ab767b3956f5b55efb4bbed.jpg

Looking at the Roseburn end, I thought the very bottom of this section was being left for ambulance access.  Or will there be a gap between the seating and the tower supports?

The stand looks horrendous form the outside. :lol:

Not that I care or that it matters. Maybe it will “come together” well at the end. Who knows.

But it doesn't half make me laugh when I see the maroon blinkers brigade acting like it’s some sort of outstanding piece of architecture.

Let’s be honest, currently it looks like a really shan office block. Haha.

7 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

To be fair, seems all the concrete IS in, leaving the gap for pitch access.  It's the upper steel that can be seen so just some of the upper 'composite staging' still to go. 

Very good point bud, forgot about the bottom bit having a gap! 

Different Class
5 minutes ago, Sten Guns said:

Not that I care or that it matters. Maybe it will “come together” well at the end. Who knows.

But it doesn't half make me laugh when I see the maroon blinkers brigade acting like it’s some sort of outstanding piece of architecture.

Wow edgy post mate congrats 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Very good point bud, forgot about the bottom bit having a gap! 

All the concrete is not yet in 

9 minutes ago, Sten Guns said:

Awful post Sten, your account been hacked???

38 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Apologies as I know it's off topic but re the length of Murrayfield v Tynecastle it was covered when we said we are going to match the width of Tynecastle but that it would be longer  - not sure if people were at the wind up saying same length or not...

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-make-bt-murrayfield-pitch-same-width-as-tynecastle-1-4553961

Good find, I missed the previous debate. 

The length debate is probably to do with Tynecastle pitch is now 100M long (the minimum Uefa size) and the official size for a rugby pitch is 100M long. 

Maybe we will get the go ahead for Killie but relocate those in Section N throughout the ground if the deadline is too tight.