New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

13 minutes ago, kila said:

Anyone seen a taxi along Mcleod St recently? Need more photies of the badge  :whistling:

10 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

Mr Sifter doing another drugs run to Clovenstone lol

Sorry gents, finished for the day and now lounging about back in sunny Gilmerton. And Raymondo, i cannot confirm or deny whether I was dropping drugs off in Clovenstone ?

16 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

I don't think cost would have been much of a hinderance on a model. I mean, we had one back in early nineties well before the days of 3D printers being able to rattle them off in a few hours. 

As I said, could've incentivised a few more people to visit the shop and put cash in the cash cow, maybe even folk would've spent something more in the shop. Anyway, coulda, shoulda, woulda... we are where we are. 

I remember that. Was in the window of the old club shop for a while. Four new stands, with the main stand being a replica of the Wheatfield.

Cant remember fully, but I assume we ran out of money three-quarters of the way in?

We had a Russian/Lithuanian who was thwarted at every turn by people.

flats and hotel which would have reduced or cleared the debt and payed for ground improvements

RBS Buillding in town, bought to develop as hotel, refused planning.

What is it now a hotel I believe.

22 minutes ago, gerryjambo41 said:

Doh ! Accept my apology for being a bit dim May16

No problem at all. :smile:

By the way I agree with busby1985 that the stand is way better than what was there before and it beats the shit out of the monstrosity down at Fester Road.  

1 minute ago, May one-six said:

No problem at all. :smile:

By the way I agree with busby1985 that the stand is way better than what was there before and it beats the shit out of the monstrosity down at Fester Road.  

I’m sure we’re all agreed on that ?

3 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

I remember that. Was in the window of the old club shop for a while. Four new stands, with the main stand being a replica of the Wheatfield.

Cant remember fully, but I assume we ran out of money three-quarters of the way in?

Did it? I remember it in the window of the old (old old) shop too but thought it was of just the three new stands and the old main? 

I was only about 5 at the time, so I might be mistaken. 

18 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

We could have auctioned off the model - would have raised a few quid - I'm sure quire a few wealthy Jambo's would have bid for it!     :wonga:

Indeed! Especially when you think what people are willing to pay for a bath tub! 

Bungalow Bill
1 minute ago, Toggie88 said:

Did it? I remember it in the window of the old (old old) shop too but thought it was of just the three new stands and the old main? 

I was only about 5 at the time, so I might be mistaken. 

The main stand wasn’t redeveloped in the model, you’re correct. 

Mr Brightside
1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

Anyone who stoops low enough to any sort of vandalism of an opposing team's ground (any team), will undoubtedly also be stupid and attention seeking enough that they post it on social media and quickly get found out. 

That being said, I think all the chat of potential vandalism are completely unfounded. I mean, how many acts of vandalism have we seen against Hearts by Hibs fans or vice-versa in the last 20 years? 

Mind the time Hibs fans vandalised their own pitch by hacking YLT into it.

11 minutes ago, kingdannyb said:

Or this one ?

AuVpGzVCEAIpu1r.jpg

That does look like it. Could've sworn there was four new stands.

Clearly the abuse of brain cells over the intervening years has taken its toll. Was certainly partial to the odd recreational cigarette at the time!

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Winning the Scottish Cup in May 2016.

The guy clearly isn't one of them though :thumbsup:

Ah, I get ya. Was that only last year? Seems like ages ago. 

29 minutes ago, kingdannyb said:

Or this one ?

AuVpGzVCEAIpu1r.jpg

That’s a cake!

the original one in the shop had both grey and maroon seats IIRC. 

Can we move inside and get a few pics of the new shiters in the toilet blocks please?  Seems the external works are getting priority here...

3 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

That’s a cake!

the original one in the shop had both grey and maroon seats IIRC. 

Pleased you mentioned this.. The scarf with the message on it was a pretty big clue outside of it being quite clearly a cake!

47 minutes ago, kingdannyb said:

Could it be this one from eBay?

s-l1000.jpg

Playing a bit fast and loose with the height of the stands in this one! :lol:

Off topic slightly, but I'm fast running out of storage on my phone so I'm goin to delete all my main stand pics/vids. Not too fussed about keepin them but thought I'd mention it in case anyone planned on taking copying them from this thread at a later date. I used Tapatalk to upload them here, dunno how long it'll hold them for me. So just a wee heids up, when they're gone they're gone ??

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, kingdannyb said:

There are lots of these 3D model stadiums - will Tynecastle Park be next ?

HTB1WK_LJpXXXXclXpXXq6xXFXXXG.jpg

That bus must be some size!

:lol:

Just now, kingdannyb said:

There are lots of these 3D model stadiums - will Tynecastle Park be next ?

HTB1WK_LJpXXXXclXpXXq6xXFXXXG.jpg

That’s one massive coach that must seat about 10,000 people :rolleyes2:

Another gem from whatthefeckisirony.nut.

We apparently have a "childlike enthusiasm for every minute detail" and we "really will have to get a life".

Lifted from a post on a 184 page thread about someone else's stand. 

:conf11:

15 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Off topic slightly, but I'm fast running out of storage on my phone so I'm goin to delete all my main stand pics/vids. Not too fussed about keepin them but thought I'd mention it in case anyone planned on taking copying them from this thread at a later date. I used Tapatalk to upload them here, dunno how long it'll hold them for me. So just a wee heids up, when they're gone they're gone ??

Make a free dropbox account and shove all the pics on there so you won't lose them :)

19 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

New forum made it easier to upload photos directly to it from the mobile site. Better that way than tapatalk I think as they'll live on for as long as the forum does. Hopefully most of the photos posted in this thread live on, be a good read in years time

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

That does look like it. Could've sworn there was four new stands.

Clearly the abuse of brain cells over the intervening years has taken its toll. Was certainly partial to the odd recreational cigarette at the time!

That is a cake made by my son. :smile: There is a thread on the classics forum talking about it.....

Hmm. Badge reminds me of a corporate logo from the 1970's. Underwhelmed TBH.

(Haven't seen it, just trying to beat the rush.)

20 minutes ago, martoon said:

Another gem from whatthefeckisirony.nut.

We apparently have a "childlike enthusiasm for every minute detail" and we "really will have to get a life".

Lifted from a post on a 184 page thread about someone else's stand. 

:conf11:

:D Bunch of fuds.

g8viy.jpg

There are AI already created that have more self-awareness than any of the wallopers on wibblewibble.net. I swear some of them would fail  a Turing test...

4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

:D Bunch of fuds.

g8viy.jpg

There are AI already created that have more self-awareness than any of the wallopers on wibblewibble.net. I swear some of them would fail  a Turing test...

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

So based on the fact the club crest is going on the new stand and since we had the club crest on the old stand, you've come to the conclusion it's literally the same one?

The two halves of the old crest are still stored under the roseburn stand.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Nade and big Zee's limo ;)

Bigger than your van too!

:wink:

2 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

I think they have been waiting till its just about dark before putting it up so it can be illuminated straight away.

It will need to be battery operated then.