New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

17 minutes ago, Sten Guns said:

The stand looks horrendous form the outside. :lol:

Not that I care or that it matters. Maybe it will “come together” well at the end. Who knows.

But it doesn't half make me laugh when I see the maroon blinkers brigade acting like it’s some sort of outstanding piece of architecture.

Let’s be honest, currently it looks like a really shan office block. Haha.

"shan office block" 

:lol::lol::lol: 

its still a building site.

luckyBatistuta
21 minutes ago, Sten Guns said:

Not that I care or that it matters. Maybe it will “come together” well at the end. Who knows.

But it doesn't half make me laugh when I see the maroon blinkers brigade acting like it’s some sort of outstanding piece of architecture.

:troll:

Looks like a strip of trim hanging of the side of the badge and what's with the two triangular holes in the two panels below?

Italian Lambretta
10 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Wowzers. 

Did they get Stevie Wonder to paint the maroon trim along the top of the facade?

The end of this video shows that seats have now been installed all the way to the end of the stand for a few rows at least.

14 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

"shan office block" 

:lol::lol::lol: 

its still a building site.

It'll still look like a shan office block when it's not a building site too.

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Looks like a strip of trim hanging of the side of the badge and what's with the two triangular holes in the two panels below?

That's the reflection of the bottom of the badge on the glass...i think.

Definitely a strip of edging hanging down though!

23 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Taken an hour ago. Badge wrinkles seem to have been ironed out.

06_original.jpg?v84940194248051

07_original.jpg?v84940194248051

Much better images than the stuff that's been posted recently, cheers.

The stand will be transformed when the plaza is complete and once there is actually lighting inside too. 

36 minutes ago, Sten Guns said:

It reminds me of the Commy Pool if I'm honest. We could have had something a bit more modern and sculpted and interesting but I can handle the look of the outside for the 5 minutes a fortnight It will be in my line of sight.

The inside is going to look pretty damn good I have to say. Not a work of art either but its taking us back to the noisy cauldron days most have never seen or long forgotten.

Hey. Its a football stand. It doesn't have to win a prize. Just has to face the right way and have loads of seats. Folk on both sides getting far too precious about it.

Edited by Escobar PHM

3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

It reminds me of the Commy Pool if I'm honest. We could have had something a bit more modern and sculpted and interesting but I can handle the look of the outside outside for the 5 minutes a fortnight It will be in my line of sight.

The inside is going to look pretty damn good I have to say. Not a work of art either but its taking us back to the noisy cauldron days most have never seen or long forgotten.

Hey. Its a football stand. It doesn't have to win a prize. Just has to face the right way and have loads of seats. Folk on both sides getting far too precious about it.

Exactly.

Not sure why folk get so wound up by others opinions on this matter.

I think the outside looks shite but ultimately I'm still delighted we're getting a new stand.

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, The Merse said:

It'll still look like a shan office block when it's not a building site too.

Like an office block, yes (it's what it is) - not sure why it's a particularly shan example. Especially when it has an illuminated HMFC badge on it and the words Tynecastle Park. Each to their own.

station_jambo
59 minutes ago, kila said:

From BSB's Facebook

22489858_515921525425089_1784965720079166149_n.jpg.3b8fbb7cdbc6044192674d662d167baf.jpg22688042_515921532091755_5311249722570391344_n.jpg.f92476f1e34940ce252e98982602058f.jpg

22492027_515921555425086_9010008804347583130_n.jpg.019510e95ab767b3956f5b55efb4bbed.jpg

With BSB being onsite does that mean that the rest of the steel at the roseburn end is being put in?  I did notice on the 2nd pic there is a crane in place there

33 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Looks like there's a bit hanging off the bottom of the badge...

Won't someone think of the children etc etc.

2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

I've seen a couple of people saying about the goalpost mounts/holes and that we use them as well.

But the goals are different widths. Rugby are goals are narrower by 1.72M.

As others have pointed out there are different mount points for football and rugby posts

zoltan socrates

IS see on fistyoursibling.net that they are claiming the new stand seats are ****ed because they arent the same colour, obviously not used to buying furniture new, with plastic protective wrapping on it, and obtaining your furniture at 11pm while its propped up against a lamppost isnt buying new furniture

Don't know if anyone's mentioned but I'm very happy to see a darker shade of maroon on the badge, it's been a bugbear of mine that we corrected our official colour but left the old one on the badge

3 minutes ago, zoltan socrates said:

IS see on fistyoursibling.net that they are claiming the new stand seats are ****ed because they arent the same colour, obviously not used to buying furniture new, with plastic protective wrapping on it, and obtaining your furniture at 11pm while its propped up against a lamppost isnt buying new furniture

Not sure they cover furniture in polythene in Charity Shops.

51 minutes ago, Sten Guns said:

Expert in Shan Office buildings are we?

King Of The Cat Cafe

I was a bit "meh" when I saw the first glass panels, but now it does not bother me.

Yes, it looks like an office block; yes, it looks like a school; yes, it looks like a bank.  

But so what?  What is wrong with it looking like those things?  If there was anything so offensive about the design, why has it endured?

It has form, it has function.  It will be a bright and airy place for our admin staff, and for our hospitality suites.

The most important thing, for me anyway, is it does not look the tin-clad outside of a factory unit or the boring brick facade of some municipal offices.

The Natural Order
24 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Did they get Stevie Wonder to paint the maroon trim along the top of the facade?

There's a plastic film to be peeled off the top. If you look closely you'll see it's probably to protect the edging while work continues up there. Will be all maroon when peeled off.

Jammy BarSteward

How far in advance does the safety certificate need to be signed off before the ground can be open? Would the club sell tickets for a game that may then need to be moved within a few days?

I'd feel happier with a decision made sooner then we know where the game will be played and can prepare for that.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, zoltan socrates said:

lol, new seats are slightly different from same coloured seats bought 10/ 20 years ago.

Who would have thought!

clowns

59 minutes ago, JALBO said:

06_original.jpg?v84940194248051

They saw the comments on here and got the lads right on it!

3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

lol, new seats are slightly different from same coloured seats bought 10/ 20 years ago.

Who would have thought!

clowns

plus they are wrapped just now 

Italian Lambretta
4 minutes ago, Jammy BarSteward said:

How far in advance does the safety certificate need to be signed off before the ground can be open? Would the club sell tickets for a game that may then need to be moved within a few days?

I'd feel happier with a decision made sooner then we know where the game will be played and can prepare for that.

Would it not be much easier to ask for postponement of the Kilmarnock game. 

42 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Exactly.

Not sure why folk get so wound up by others opinions on this matter.

I think the outside looks shite but ultimately I'm still delighted we're getting a new stand.

Yep. Spot on.

Some of the reactions  to my post..... :lol:

King Of The Cat Cafe
28 minutes ago, Jammy BarSteward said:

This was previously answered by one of our people working on the project.  The answer then was "days."

I agree with the rest of your comments.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

1 hour ago, JALBO said:

Wonder what the dark patches are above the M and to the right of the C

People getting in such a state about how the stand looks from the outside is highly amusing. It could be the shittest stand in the country and I wouldn't give a toss. As long it increases the capacity and revenue streams of the club then it has done it's job. We were never going to get an architectural masterpiece with £12-15 million and if we are being honest it looks alright and is an improvement on what was before it. It is certainly unique within Scottish football.

I am in love with the thing though because of what it symbolizes. Three to four years ago a new main stand would have been filed in the "not in my wildest dreams" category. The fact it's being built is a huge symbol on the recovery the club has taken since Administration and a testament to the fans who helped save it. For that reason alone, it's beautiful.   

10 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Been ages since Sten had a ‘me against the world’ thread. He’s earned it folks, let him have his fun. :lol:

I know the only surprise is it took him so long.

He's entitled to his opinion of course if indeed his intention is to actually give his opinion.

Why, on the very day our iconic badge is placed on a new stand we thought we'd never see, would a Hearts man want to pish on the chips of this thread? Any Hearts man?

Weird behaviour on today of all days if you ask me. Personally, I'm delighted, and grateful, with what we've got. Onwards and upwards!!??????

I unpopularly voiced my grievances about the grey look of the glass wall months ago, and I was rounded on. I still wish it had looked like the artists impressions.

However, it looks a lot better than I expected/dreaded. Certainly far better than the exterior of any other Scottish Club’s stadium, with the exception of the main stand at Ibrox.

Edited by Ryder

4 hours ago, MacPhee said:

Obua been quiet recently with the comments and pictures, obviously bursting his arse to get plenty jobs done to make sure it's ready. PHM

Correct sir,I will try and get some interior pics if I get a chance.A truck load of seats arrived this afternoon but I don’t know yet if they are padded seats.

30 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I unpopularly voiced my grievances about the grey look of the glass wall months ago, and I was rounded on. I still wish it had looked like the artists impressions.

However, it looks a lot better than I expected/dreaded. Certainly far better than the exterior of any other Scottish Club’s stadium, with the exception of the main stand at Ibrox.

You are taking the p***. the front of Ibrox looks like a derelict bonded warehouse.

24 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Same happened to me when I suggested the stand looked quite small from the pitch.

That was months ago and I am delighted to now agree with those who suggested I was talking crap.:smile:

It is amazing what can happen when you see the (almost) completed picture.:lightbulb:

3 minutes ago, obua said:

Correct sir,I will try and get some interior pics if I get a chance.A truck load of seats arrived this afternoon but I don’t know yet if they are padded seats.

Oooh you tease!!

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, obua said:

If they are not padded, then they can only go in the front sections or Section N, but until the decking is finished I can't see the seats being install in N beforehand.

Do you know if all the seats are in the country, or are we still waiting on shipments arriving?

Edited by Footballfirst

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Looks great. Windows need a wash though.

At 100k a pop we are struggling to pay for the cleaning.

6 minutes ago, scabber said:

You are taking the p***. the front of Ibrox looks like a derelict bonded warehouse.

Phew, thanks for telling me what my opinion was m8. :lol:

I like their frontage. Opinions, eh? You’ll be hard pushed to find me compliment them on anything.